Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov (7241 Views)

Akunyili's Daughter, Njideka Crosby Wins Joyce Alexander Artist Prize / How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services / Another Political Game-changer In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by Isiterere(m): 6:13am On Jul 18, 2014
I still can't find any proof in this gibberish

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by baslone: 6:25am On Jul 18, 2014
What is this rubbish?
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by cooltone: 6:31am On Jul 18, 2014
Title should be changed. It's very misleading.
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by talktimi(m): 6:41am On Jul 18, 2014
APC will soon label the Russians as clueless fishermen for this analysis grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:51am On Jul 18, 2014
Shameless Op! Do you have to put up a misleading headline?

1 Like

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by eaglechild: 7:05am On Jul 18, 2014
It is worth remembering that the leading APC candidate, Mahammadu Buhari, has been accused of inciting a violent uprising after losing the 2011 presidential election, resulting in nearly 1,000 deaths. Next year, some fear, this could be even worse.

Hmmm, this is what we have been telling these supporters of APC since.

Yet they blindly support an extremist.

2 Likes

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by maestroferddi: 7:20am On Jul 18, 2014
Misleading topic? How? Was this piece written in Hindi or is it that folks cannot draw basic inferences?

2 Likes

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by africanb(m): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes: Unfortunately and shamefully so, APC appears to be finished "home and abroad".

My condolences to the poor maggot supporter of APC family.
What is this one saying? What has this got to do with what was said in this write up? mtchew...........
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by Eldavido1: 8:08am On Jul 18, 2014
I have always posit that BH may have started local, but the current insurgency has plethora of support from far and near. For the yanks, Canadians, British, French, Chinese and even Germans to be interested and involve in what's going on in a far desert enclave with no prospect of oil should be a subject for indept analysis. Don't tell me the are concern about some poor abducted girls (God bless their soul). It takes more than that to get the west involve otherwise Israel would have been receiving sanctions other than active support. Even with the deaths of women and children over there, the world choose to look the other way while the are being helplessly pounded. My opinion is, Nigeria called Africa's largest economy with large oil reserve and abundant natural resources is more of an enticing factor than any. A country touted as a rising power would appeal to the west more than the cry of 200 abducted girls in a rural village. When the Russian finally decide to get there fingers on the African pie, then you can be right assured that the soup will soon be all mixed up!

1 Like

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by dasparrow: 8:12am On Jul 18, 2014
mtshew!
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2014
cbrass:

In as much as am enjoying the supremacy baTtle between the US and Russia..I still don't see how they can influence anything here and this shows to what length the desperation of gej to remain in aso rock. A DEAL WITH RUSSIA IS A DEAL WITH IMPUNITY
DEALS WITH US ARE DEALS WITH IMPUNITY. Western media has damaged your brain.
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by kudiice(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2014
I just hope the 1billion dollars to be used for weapons against terrorism(boko haram) doesn't end up in the pockets of the damned gluttons in the government. I can't wait for light in this Nigeria's darkest hour, perhaps a little hault to civilian rule. Just saying!
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2014
Keep on hating Russia@all the commenters. Western slaves...

2 Likes

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by davitogreat(m): 8:30am On Jul 18, 2014
Look at the comments... A bunch of western slaves truly do congregate on nairaland.

Now I myself won't claim to be someone who knows all things but I won't be quick to dismiss the analysis of the Russians.
After all some of the stuff the Russians raised in the article made sense.

At the end of the day Jonathan must thread wisely. We cannot trust the west, the Russians or the Chinese. We can still interact and make deals with these various nations but we must remain cautious while doing so.
We must remember that all nations work solely for their interests alone.

1 Like

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by texazzpete(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2014
davitogreat:
Now I myself won't claim to be someone who knows all things but I won't be quick to dismiss the analysis of the Russians.
After all some of the stuff the Russians raised in the article made sense.

I'm not sure if you're somewhat lacking in reading comprehension, but this article was written by ONE MAN, and does not in anyway represent the official position of the Russian Federation. Why are you insinuating otherwise?

Boko Haram attacks are a large negative for the APC, they lose FAR more than you think they gain, so i have to question the sanity of anyone who tries to link Boko Haram to APC.

4 Likes

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by duni04(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2014
emk4lif: Not a fan of the APC but still the same rehashed accusations with little adduced evidence to back it up, I still believe Boko Haram is more religious than political, Shekau doesn't care whether you're PDP or APC, as long as you don't practice his own version of Islam, to him, you're an enemy. BH should be treated as the pure criminals they are and crushed.
very true but what the article says is that politicians are using the crisis to their advantage. PDP accusing the APC of complicity and APC accusing the PDP of incompetence while nobody wants to look at the true causes of the insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by Pangea: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2014
Russia too,
Forming analyst?
Why do people always like to hide behind one finger?

Everybody knows, that Boko Haram rampage is as a result of the incompetence of Nigerian government in dealing with a pimple that has now become a cancer.
When Boko haram bombed the UN office in Abuja, was it also an election year?
Make una dey deceive unaselves angry

May someone ask the Russians what happened to Flight MH17?
And who trained the separatists to use a BUK anti aircraft system?

2 Likes

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by idu1(m): 8:36am On Jul 18, 2014
What is the russian saying? apc should go into investigation to reveal any culprit behind boko haram themselves......... And expose them to the public.
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by myspnigeria: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2014
only God knows oh
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by Patdedon(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2014
How is the topic of the thread misleading?
A pawn in the bigger picture? I guess those of you ranting didn't see the question sign.
The man was saying that it is possible that the west has a hand in boko haram activites. And it could be for political and economic gains. Why is English too difficult for some people to comprehend? Why??
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by philips70(m): 8:41am On Jul 18, 2014
PapaBrowne: Interesting, especially as its coming from Nekrassov!
His article shows in-depth knowledge of the rumbles in the Nigerian system unlike those western analysts whose perceptions of Nigeria are at best figment of their distorted imaginations of Nigeria.

I bet if his article were to finger PDP and the ruling government you would have disparaged and reined curses on this your now beloved Nekrassov! calling him all sorts of names like you guys did Isha Sesay. When will you guys wake up from this demented and obsessed profiling of the ever needed opposition in Nigerian politics? Unfortunately until the people who are in charge take BH for who they really are and stop chasing an opposition that is equally a victim of their carnage BH will reside with us for a very long time. Unless of course the PDP has much to gain from their eternal presence.

1 Like

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by anago1000: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2014
Patdedon: How is the topic of the thread misleading?
A pawn in the bigger picture? I guess those of you ranting didn't see the question sign.
The man was saying that it is possible that the west has a hand in boko haram activites. And it could be for political and economic gains. Why is English too difficult for some people to comprehend? Why??

buzu!!!!! the former title is Russia confirm APC involvement in boko haram. ask before displaying your ignorance in public.
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by b3llo(m): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2014
!
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by hushmail: 8:51am On Jul 18, 2014
D guy na real analyst

read dis again

All things considered, Jonathan's regime is still a better option than the coalition of the Muslim extremists that is shaping up now with an aim to win next year's elections.

NL make una learn
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by Ghost01(m): 8:52am On Jul 18, 2014
I see the millions of dollars the presidency is paying to some foreign PR body to reshape its image in the international sphere is working already. We are Nigerians in Nigeria, we know what's up!

1 Like

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by greatestman(m): 8:52am On Jul 18, 2014
emk4lif: Not a fan of the APC but still the same rehashed accusations with little adduced evidence to back it up, I still believe Boko Haram is more religious than political, Shekau doesn't care whether you're PDP or APC, as long as you don't practice his own version of Islam, to him, you're an enemy. BH should be treated as the pure criminals they are and crushed.

You are just one of few rational and objective thinker. BH have their own version of religion that if you don't believe you become victim. I was born and brought up in the north, an average muslim in north don't like BH activities and they are kicking against their evil deed. BH have killed both christians and muslims in the north, what will you say about lauching an attack in a market sqaure? were both muslims and christians do their transaction, and mind you majority of business men in the north are muslims. (Don't qoute me wrong some of them support BH).

2 Likes

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by duni04(m): 9:04am On Jul 18, 2014
whoeva changed d title of d thread is a clown! post soviet russia has neva sent troops outside euroasia and wont start cos of useless old nigeria. we shud b more worried about american military intervention in nigeria
Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by jericco1(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2014
I don't like the Russians, you only see them when there's war!! In this case sectarian war! They love making profit, cos of arms and shït!

1 Like

Re: Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov by ITbomb(m): 9:12am On Jul 18, 2014
anago1000: @ op how did they link boko haram to APC they said the situation of gej perceived weakness in the chibok case might benefit the opposition. and possibility of the involvement of opposition and folks in gej's government. definitely you didn't understand what you posted.
Here is the link
All things considered,
Jonathan's regime is still a better option than the
coalition of the Muslim extremists that is shaping
up now with an aim to win next year's elections.
Muslim brotherhood must not rule Nigeria

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply / New Revenue Formula: PMB Receives Report, Awaits Constitution Review Process / Atiku: I’ll Set Aside $10 Billion To Create Jobs For Women, Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.