Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,788 members, 7,813,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply (7193 Views)

Idol Worshiping Faithfuls Are The Ones Delaying Biafra From Materialising - Kanu / Blackout: 19 Plants Shut As Militant Attacks Shrink Gas Supply / Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by bukster(f): 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nigeria provides gas to Ghana which meets 25% of Ghana's electrical needs. Nigeria had been planning on cutting Ghana's gas supply when the country had been unable to pay off its debt to Nigeria of $181 million. The two countries held emergency talks and Nigeria has decided to delay plans to cut Ghana's gas supply. Check out the reactions below

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-delay-plan-reduce-gas-supply-ghana-093813976--business.html/
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Stephansmily(f): 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
hmm
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Blakjewelry(m): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
Africans are too fond of complain
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by temitemi1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
I need my glasses cool
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by bukster(f): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
temitemi1:
I need my glasses cool
The writing for the reactions was small. I just made it bigger.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by whirlwind7(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
Even if Ghana pays up the money owed...$181m, it still won't mark any change or improvement here. It won't improve our own power supply, or any structural changes in public facilities.
It's interesting to note from these comments that Ghanaians think that their politicians are very corrupt, and their educational sector is on the decline...things the average Nigerian think otherwise.

Personally, I don't care a hoot if the gas supply gets disconnected or not. It hasn't touched my life in anyway, and it may never will.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by bugzbunny: 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
whirlwind7:
Even if Ghana pays up the money owed...$181m, it still won't mark any change or improvement here. It won't improve our own power supply, or any structural changes in public facilities.
It's interesting to note from these comments that Ghanaians think that their politicians are very corrupt, and their educational sector is on the decline...things the average Nigerian think otherwise.

Personally, I don't care a hoot if the gas supply gets disconnected or not. It hasn't touched my life in anyway, and it may never will.
Am sure u are a youth
A typical Nigerian politician will be happy reading such comments.... the youths don't care and don't want to care... The politicians are accountable to no one.. This attitude of ours must change..

7 Likes

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by londoner: 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ghana should pay what they owe while Nigeria cuts supply until they do that. After that Nigeria needs to draw up an alternative agreement to decrease supply incrementally over time so Ghana may find an alternative. We need to focus on our own gas supply and generation.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:
Ghana should pay what they owe while Nigeria cuts supply until they do that. After that Nigeria needs to draw up an alternative agreement to decrease supply incrementally over time so Ghana may find an alternative. We need to focus on our own gas supply and generation.
wicked woman. Jiggamangh, u see ur friend?
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Obrigardo: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
Chai! the same Ghana nigerian youths are trooping into. cry
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 6:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
Obrigardo:
Chai! the same Ghana nigerian youths are trooping into. cry
it tells u that as bad as ghana has become now, it still provides alot of opportunities than nigeria.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Obrigardo: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
it tells u that as bad as ghana has become now, it still provides alot of opportunities than nigeria.

are you damn serious? opportunities like free haven for yahoo yahoo boys? or what do you mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Obrigardo:

are you damn serious? opportunities like free haven for yahoo yahoo boys? or what do you mean?
why dont u ask ur brothers what opportunities they get here. Do u think all nigerians are scammers?

1 Like

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Obrigardo: 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
why dont u ask ur brothers what opportunities they get here. Do u think all nigerians are scammers?

Ok you don't even know. then why talking needlessly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
The comment of ghanians shows patriotism and commitment to their country. If it were Nigerians, you will see comments of 'Sai Baba' "PDP has looted the $181million" "APC should pay up" etc.. Some of us will even research to know who to blame. Some will scream "the zoo can't meet its obligation" etc!!! I hope we learn from ghanians!!!

@Topic: the FG should consider grace period for our Ghanian brothers/sisters. Hopefully, they'll pay up the debt!

*I'm not exempted from the above* grin

5 Likes

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Obrigardo:

i dont know what? U must be sick..... Does the fact that nigerians complain and travel out of nigeria everyday mean nigeria is such a bad place to be?
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Obrigardo:

You aren't a patriotic Ghanian!!!
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The comment of ghanians shows patriotism and commitment to their country. If it were Nigerians, you will see comments of 'Sai Baba' "PDP has looted the $181million" "APC should pay up" etc.. Some of us will even research to know who to blame. Some will scream "the zoo can't meet its obligation" etc!!! I hope we learn from ghanians!!!

@Topic: the FG should consider grace period for our Ghanian brothers/sisters. Hopefully, they'll pay up the debt!

*I'm not exempted from the above* grin
yeah bro, the name nigeria must always come first b4 pdp or apc..... No matter flaws one's country may have, we must always be proud of it. Coz even the great usa isnt perfect.... Ghana will surely pay the debt and we thank nigeria for having such patience. God bless yall.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by londoner: 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:

Lol...if Jiggaman owes money he would pay "fast fast"...... We need our gas and the payment plus late fees, biko.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:

Lol...if Jiggaman owes money he would pay "fast fast"...... We need our gas and the payment plus late fees, biko.
we have been trading for a longtime, is dis how to treat ur old customer? Thats not cool at all. We will surely pay, jux give us time.... Nigeria has abundance of gas so what u give us wont really affect u.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Obrigardo: 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You aren't a patriotic Ghanian!!!

You smoke weed?

1 Like

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Obrigardo: 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
i dont know what? U must be sick..... Does the fact that nigerians complain and travel out of nigeria everyday mean nigeria is such a bad place to be?

Just point out the opportunities for nigerians in ghana. no need for insults

1 Like

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
yeah bro, the name nigeria must always come first b4 pdp or apc..... No matter flaws one's country may have, we must always be proud of it. Coz even the great usa isnt perfect.... Ghana will surely pay the debt and we thank nigeria for having such patience. God bless yall.
See, if I tell you that I'm not proud of Ghanians I'm a liar! One thing Nigerians lack that Ghanians have in abundance is patriotism and loyalty to country. We are more of partisan patriotism, which is bad... Anyway, I pray for a prosperous Ghana and the entire black world!

3 Likes

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
Obrigardo:

Just point out the opportunities for nigerians in ghana. no need for insults
there are nigerians in the banking sector, the i.t sector, the petroleum sector, there are some doing retailing and others who do petty trading.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by londoner: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
we have been trading for a longtime, is dis how to treat ur old customer? Thats not cool at all. We will surely pay, jux give us time.... Nigeria has abundance of gas so what u give us wont really affect u.

It affects us if you don't pay up though. We are not in a charity relationship or donating gas to Ghana. Honestly its quite simple pay what you owe and if it were the other way around you would be saying that Nigeria should pay or Ghana stops supply. Is that not so?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by londoner: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
there are nigerians in the banking sector, the i.t sector, the petroleum sector, there are some doing retailing and others who do petty trading.

And many have duly paid to enter the market and are employing Ghanaians which was part of the agreement. Others who did not fulfil their agreement had their businesses closed and ghanaians and Nigerians here defended those moves.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

See, if I tell you that I'm not proud of Ghanians I'm a liar! One thing Nigerians lack that Ghanians have in abundance is patriotism and loyalty to country. We are more of partisan patriotism, which is bad... Anyway, I pray for a prosperous Ghana and the entire black world!
i think nigerians are patriotic too but the problem i observe is ego, tribal egos.....each major nigerian tribe has been prosperous but at times they need to forget abt tribes and get together to plan and support nigeria..... If this can be done and the blame games end then no one and nothing can stop nigeria.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
Obrigardo:

You smoke weed?
Why exhibit bitterness? What's the difference between Ghanians and Nigerians? What unite us should be our focus and not what divides us. West Africa leaders through ECOWAS are making moves for West African integration, you are busy with your display of bitterness. Bros, you de fall hand!
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:

It affects us if you don't pay up though. We are not in a charity relationship or donating gas to Ghana. Honestly its quite simple pay what you owe and if it were the other way around you would be saying that Nigeria should pay or Ghana stops supply. Is that not so?
lol, i jux thank god u arent petroleum minister.... We will surely pay. 180 million is nutin that can collapse naija's economy.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:

And many have duly paid to enter the market and are employing Ghanaians which was part of the agreement. Others who did not fulfil their agreement had their businesses closed and ghanaians and Nigerians here defended those moves.
yeah they are here coz they deserve to be here..... Ghana and nigeria work hand in hand over here., we also work with chinese, indians etc......it works for both sides, they make profit and they also boost our economy.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by londoner: 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
lol, i jux thank god u arent petroleum minister.... We will surely pay. 180 million is nutin that can collapse naija's economy.

It's not about collapsing an economy it can pay for some much needed facilities up north for example or an extra teaching hospital or one or two life saving pieces of equipment for one or two hospitals.

That is more important to us than supplying gas that is not paid for. Ghana is taking liberties and if you fail to pay time after time we should not supply you.....simple.

Until you pay we should stop supplying you. If I were Petroleum minister I would have halted supply until we were paid or offer another African country who will pay on time.

I would put Nigeria first and make sure we get paid for the gas we supply because 180 million can be put to use in our economy. If we are not paid why should we supply?
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:

Doesn't she remind you of shizzy7. They broke the contract, they still owe us $10 million.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NRC Yet To Receive N330m 2016 Budget Allocation – MD / Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him / 8th NASS Most Persecuted & Harassed In Nigeria’s History - Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.