Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road (19752 Views)

Presidency Moves Against Terror Attack In Villa / Governor Ambode Inspects Apapa Road (Photos) / Presidency Moves To Replace Mu’azu With S’south Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by udoka2013: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2014
[quote
author=femmy2010]

LSG collects N200 -N500 and the FGN Collects minimum of N180,000 to
multi-millions per consignment and you still expect Lagos state
government to repair this federal road?
if the FGN cant cope then they should allow the State Government keep
just 10% of the generated amount at the Lagos ports and leave road
maintenance to the state.
I bet you Lagos roads would be superb[/quote]..the money they collect from abuja nko?
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by myspnigeria: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2014
Listening government...... Long overdue tho
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by udoka2013: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2014
[quote
author=collynzo2]
Thanks for the advice bro, but deep down in your heart, you know what I
said is true and part of the numerous problems bedevilling
Nigeria.[/quote]...ride on, you are right!
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by lilmax(m): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2014
haters still hating?
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by Lexusgs430: 10:11am On Jul 18, 2014
This so-called government should be ashamed themselves. They are completely bankrupt on ideas and what basic amenities it's citizenry should be accorded.
Good roads, electricity, health, education, water etc etc
All they seem to only think about, is their personal bank balances. It's unfortunate that all people do is talk, talk and some more talk. But nothing seems to come out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 18, 2014
collynzo2:
Thanks for the advice bro, but deep down in your heart, you know what I said is true and part of the numerous problems bedevilling Nigeria.

I don't know if it's true or not..what is abundantly clear is that I failed to see the purpose of the comparison.....the two lines of businesses he is comparing operates different business models and different logistics...

While passenger transport business waits for their passengers to come and meet them...the haulage transporters have to go and pick up consignments.

It's all about systemic failure of governance....they should stop heaping the whole blame on these haulage transporters ..they suffer losses too and not happy that they waste their lives..their trucks to needless accidents.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 18, 2014
Good for them!
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by collynzo2(m): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2014
ilugunboy:

I don't know if it's true or not..what is abundantly clear is that I failed to see the purpose of the comparison.....the two lines of businesses he is comparing operates different business models and different logistics...

While passenger transport business waits for their passengers to come and meet them...the haulage transporters have to go and pick up consignments.

It's all about systemic failure of governance....they should stop heaping the whole blame on these haulage transporters ..they suffer losses too and not happy that they waste their lives..their trucks to needless accidents.
How does their going to pick up consignments relate to them packing by the roadside?
Besides it isn't about Apapa alone, trailer owners (mainly northerners) do the same from PH to Owerri to Aba (until recently) to Enugu to Onitsha to Warri everywhere, whether they are transporting onions or cows or dangote cement, they just love parking by the roadside and obstructing traffic flow.
Why can't they get parks of their own instead of using government roads as parks?
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by Okeikpu(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2014
Wtf!! Jonathan stop wasting our money on yorubas... Its time to give them their Oduduwa republic.
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by DonaldGenes(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2014
A Japanese artist was arrested for sending 3D printer data of her scanned vagina to her fans.
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by GeneralJ(m): 10:26am On Jul 18, 2014
Since how many years ago,, mtcheww rubbish

1 Like

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by ibdeals1(m): 10:26am On Jul 18, 2014
hmmm
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2014
collynzo2:
How does their going to pick up consignments relate to them packing by the roadside?
Besides it isnlt about Apapa alone, trailer owners (mainly northerners) do the same from PH to Owerri to Aba (until recently) to Enugu to Onitsha to Warri everywhere, whether they are transporting onions or cows or dangote cement, they just love parking by the roadside.
Why can't they get parks of their own instead of using government roads as parks?

I work in Apapa and so I have a fair idea of the issues involved.

Majority of the tankers that heads into Apapa don't just come to park there......they are either waiting to position at the loading bay or queuing along the routes to jetties.

On the other hand...the returning container trucks will queue to enter the ports due to lack of enough handling equipments in the ports..

Like I wrote, it's still boils down to goverment failure and insensitivity to the plight of the people of Apapa...this problem didn't just surface suddenly..it's has been there..only that the rainy season exacerbated the whole mess in Apapa as a result of government failure to maintain infrastures in and around the two ports.

My point is...stop focusing mainly on the truck and tanker drivers...the spotlight should be on government of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by KwoiZabo(m): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2014
Nonybb: GEJ TILL 2019 He must Rule TILL 2019. Shame on him who posted this rubbish pictures
Guy take it easy. I did not post that to rubbish GEJ because if other administrations had paid attention it would not be this bad and the road is being worked on but the contractor at that end has disappeared, so i'm trying to draw His attention to it. GEJ till 2019.
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by collynzo2(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2014
ilugunboy:

I work in Apapa and so I have a fair idea of the issues involved.

Majority of the tankers that heads into Apapa don't just come to park there......they are either waiting to position at the loading bay or queuing along the routes to jetties.

On the other hand...the returning container trucks will queue to enter the ports due to lack of enough handling equipments in the ports..

Like I wrote, it's still boils down to goverment failure and insensitivity to the plight of the people of Apapa...this problem didn't just surface suddenly..it's has been there..only that the rainy season exacerbated the whole mess in Apapa as a result of government failure to maintain infrastures in and around the two ports.

My point is...stop focusing mainly on the truck and tanker drivers...the spotlight should be on government of Nigeria.
Ok if you say so.
I believe our listening President will also resolve the underlying issues while working on the road.
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by jericco1(m): 10:34am On Jul 18, 2014
They can take care of themselves indeed, afterall they are ''self-sufficient''
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2014
collynzo2:
Ok if you say so.
I believe our listening President will also resolve the underlying issues while working on the road.

Lmao... grin grin

Like he just listened to Malala and graciously agreed to meet with the Chibok girls' parents

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by deywarley(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2014
Nonybb: GEJ TILL 2019 He must Rule TILL 2019. Shame on him who posted this rubbish pictures
The shame is on you for posting this rubbish. If gej will continue till 2019, maybe in his otueke village mtcheeeew
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by chamboy(m): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

What stops the Laos state govt from repairing the road?
it's a FG road

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by chamboy(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2014
Okeikpu: Wtf!! Jonathan stop wasting our money on yorubas... Its time to give them their Oduduwa republic.
who are u
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by collynzo2(m): 10:43am On Jul 18, 2014
ilugunboy:

Lmao... grin grin

Like he just listened to Malala and graciously agreed to meet with the Chibok girls' parents
Another proof that he is a listening President.
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 18, 2014
chamboy: it's a FG road

The undeniable truth is that the LASG is doing very good taking care of the inner (state) roads in Apapa. Presently JB is on site on many of the roads....from Marine road in GRA (right opposite the dilapidated road under the bridge in Liverpool) to Kofo Abayomi in Apapa business district.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 18, 2014
collynzo2:
Another proof that he is a listening President.

So we need some 16 years old girl from Pakistan (or wherever in Asia) to convince our President to have an audience with some grieving mothers of Nigerian girls....

Dia is god oooo! grin

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by chamboy(m): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2014
ilugunboy:

The undeniable truth is that the LASG is doing very good taking care of the inner (state) roads in Apapa. Presently JB is on site on many of the roads....from Marine road in GRA (right opposite the dilapidated road under the bridge in Liverpool) to Kofo Abayomi in Apapa business district.
Pls Tell dem,
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by collynzo2(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2014
ilugunboy:

So we need some 16 years old girl from Pakistan (or wherever in Asia) to convince our President to have an audience with some grieving mothers of Nigerian girls....

Dia is god oooo! grin
She is from Pakistan and definitely not ''some'' girl, she has been there, done that and taken bullets for the course of liberating little girls from the hands of Islamists. Quite unlike our political criminals turned overnight ''activists'' like Oby and Melaye who said the President should go to the dreaded Chibok and meet the families.
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by komek(m): 10:59am On Jul 18, 2014
pheesayor: Does Fashola and Lagosians need to cry out before the FG will do the right thing? Same happened for the Apapa-Oshodi expressway, it took a frontpage report by sun news for FG to give attention to that road and start patching and the took the exposure of watchinglagos.com for them to stop patching and instead, rebuild which has been impressive so far. Must we show the FG their responsibility?

Your Last question, yes! we need to show them there responsibility. Because its for our own welfare. You stay in Apapa, having delays in going to ur bizness, wasted time and opportunities, stressed out and as a result becomes unproductive etc, the other man is in Abuja (Aso Rock) living a good life. Does not wake early to beat traffic or go anywhere to meet up with appointments etc, and u expect him to no what is happening in Apapa, if u dont tell them, they dont know because they have evil men around them who tell them that all is well just to get some evil money to spend around. SO bro, if u have opportunity of telling them what they need to know, pls do
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by ooshinibos: 11:02am On Jul 18, 2014
why is Nigeria like this !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2014
collynzo2:
She is from Pakistan and definitely not ''some'' girl, she has been there, done that and taken bullets for the course of liberating little girls from the hands of Islamists. Quite unlike our political criminals turned overnight ''activists'' like Oby and Melaye who said the President should go to the dreaded Chibok and meet the families.

This is a good topic for another day to debate.

Don't let the mods accuse us of derailing the thread.
Re: Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road by ThankGodEdeh(m): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2014
Fresh air everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Users Report Armed Police Presence Around The National Stadium,lagos / 2023: PDP Has Committed Suicide – Ohanaeze / Thabo Mbeki Led Commonwealth Observer Team Visit Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.