Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course (26079 Views)

Some Changes In The 2014 Batch 'b' Orientation Course / Some Changes In The 2014 Batch 'b' Orientation Course / Some Changes In The 2014 Batch 'b' Orientation Course. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Rogers210(m): 4:38am On Jul 20, 2014
Yazmin:

Yes you did, but perhaps you didn't see that they would be camping in nasarawa state. ....
And so? After camping in Nassarawa, what happens next? Are they going to serve there too?
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by jerro124: 6:51am On Jul 20, 2014
Rogers210: And so? After camping in Nassarawa, what happens next? Are they going to serve there too?
Automatic redeployment
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by amanze15(m): 7:39am On Jul 20, 2014
Ask4bigneyo: Wishing all prospective Batch "B" Corp members safe trip to their various orientation camps today.
SURVIVAL TIPS:
*Don't be carried away with the frivolousities on camp, allow God to make you His choicest aroma to bring His life to all Corpers.
*Pls don't lobby for postings, allow God to do His work.
*Know the son/daughter of whom you are before and after your postings.
*NEVER work alone expecially at night wherever you are posted to.
*Maintain your integrity, don't join bad company because the COMPANY you keep determines what ACCOMPANIES you and your friENDS determines your ENDS.
*Temptations will come but don't go beyond what you are sent to do in those villages.
*Make yourself available by joining NCCF(Rural Rugged) to propagate the Gospel of our dear Lord Jesus Christ to the villagers or MCAN.
*Above all, always aknowledge God the Most Supreme Being in everything you do, allow His fear to envelop your mind and He will never leave nor farsake you.
SHALOM!
OR NACC...
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by sirculynz(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2014
I just hop I don't enter 2nd streaming in lagos cos m nt gonna take it lightly.. 5th August al d way
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by wallexdipo: 8:32am On Jul 20, 2014
Na wa ooooo....we should just have a good services yrs
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by darlingfather(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Pls I hope the date for collection of call up hasn't change too
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by kaima1984(f): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2014
hardizzle: Plz wat r d requiremnt nided in d camp?
stove,mat,pillow n enough money f mami morning n evening groove
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Redman44(m): 11:45am On Jul 20, 2014
I served in 2005/2006 in Akure, Ondo State. The Ondo State Orientation Camp is located at Ikare-Akoko. Well, I want to advice all the Corpers that will be serving this year. You need to make productive use of the 12 Months as a Corper. Please, don't move with fellow Corpers that are not focused or Corpers who only live for the moment. If you believe in God and you are a Christian, please join the NCCF. You won't regret being a member of the Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship ( NCCF ).

Advantages of Joining The Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship

1. The NCCF will offer you refuge after you have been discharged from Camp after the 3 Weeks Orientation Program. Many Corpers are starngers in the States they are posted to and could become homeless after the Orientation Camp Program. This is where the NCCF comes in. Right from the day you enter the Orientation Camp, the NCCF Executives will start approaching you and Fellowship Programs will be ongoing. Once you start attending the Fellowship Programs, you will know about plans being made to cater for you after your 3 weeks in Camp. On your last day in Camp, you will be conveyed to the Family Houses of the NCCF in various parts of the States you are posted to. The NCCF will offer you shelter for some weeks, before you get a place of your own.

2. Being a member of the NCCF will help your spiritual life. It is so easy to get carried away in Camp and after you get posted to your place of primary assignment. By joining the NCCF, you will meet people with vision and purpose. You will get more focused and you won't walk alone if you are a member of the NCCF.

3. The NCCF will also help you visit different parts of the State you are serving in through the Rural Rugged Evangelism Program. You will have the chance to spend the weekend in Villages you never imagined you would travel to. You will get to see what rural Nigeria looks and feels like. You will also be able to preach the gospel to people who might not have had the chance to hear the gospel. The Rural Rugged is often a very exciting Program.

4. You can also meet your wife or husband as a member of the NCCF. I know of people who are married to today to guys or ladies they met while engaging in activities as NCCF Members. I did not get married to a NCCF Colleague though. But your case might be different from mine wink wink.

Apart from being a Member of the NCCF, you also need to use your time well. The Service Year is a time when you can plant seeds for your future. You can start a company during your service year. You need to see beyond the ordinary. Many Nigerian States have rural communities where Foodstuff and crops are very cheap. You can start buying foodstuff and taking them down to Lagos for re-selling. If your Primary Place of Assignment is not paying you a monthly stipend, you don't have to worry about anything. You can just get your attendance sheet signed, so that you can get your monthly NYSC Allowance. Then you can use your time to engage in business ventures. Who says you can't start a Plantain Chips business? Who says you can't even settle down in your State of Service after the NYSC Program? Once you have established a flourishing business, you can decide to live permanently in the State you served in. There are more untapped opportunities in other States than Lagos State and Abuja.

TO BE CONTINUED....
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Redman44(m): 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
If you are good at teaching Subjects like Mathematics, English Language, English Literature, Fine Arts, Economics, Biology etc, the Service Year is a good time to make cool money. You can decide to start your own tutorial Centre. If you are not serving in Lagos, renting buildings for this kind of business will not cost you a lot of money. You can start a Tutorial centre for Secondary School and Primary School students who will be writing their WAEC, JAMB and Common Entrance Examinations. You can even get some other Corpers to work with you as teachers. This does not mean you won't be attending NYSC Programs and Activities. NYSC Head Counts and Activities come once in a while. So you can just find someone to deputize for you while you attend NYSC Functions and Programmes. You need to attend NYSC Programs because the State NYSC Coordinators sometimes count Corpers serving in a specific state and attendance registers are used. So you need to attend these headcounts to avoid punishment or being asked to spend more months ( 3-12 Months ) in service.

During the service year, you can also start planning for your Masters Program in Nigeria or outside the country. This means you need to make good use of Libraries in the State you are serving in. Libraries are good sources of information and you should never look down on a Library no matter how old it looks or how badly equipped the Library is. Every Library is a potential source of good information. So you need to use the Library to gather information about international scholarships and study grants. Some Libraries have good books on Foreign Scholarships etc. So make the Libraries in your State of Primary Assignment your Friend. With your level of Education as a Graduate, you can start businesses from the scratch in the State you are serving in. I still don't see the reason why a Corper that is industrious will want to return to his Father's House after the Service Year shocked shocked. It is better to settle down in the State you served in if you have discovered that you can make a living there. There are many opportunities outside Lagos State and Abuja.

I have a lot more to say but I will stop here. Thanks for reading and stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
I renounce these northern states in jesus name..... Amen
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by ewosk: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
Yazmin:

Yes you did, but perhaps you didn't see that they would be camping in nasarawa state. ....

ok d camping takes place in Nassarawa State...what happens after d camping...do they stay back and serve in Nassarawa? Or go to Borno State?
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by rildwanullahi(m): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
Brunel:
Here are the list of things that you will need for the 3weeks NYSC Orientation Camp.....
1. Call up letter(Original&10 Photocopies)
2. School I D card(Original&10 Photocopies)
3. Notification of Result(Original&10 Photocopies)
4. Passport photographs (About 10-15 copies)
5. Stationery e.g pen, Jotter for lectures, stappler&tippex. (Note:- The 1st 4 are for registration&do not laminate your call-up letter pls)
6. Round necked white T shirt atleast 3
7. White shorts atleast 2
8. Plain white sneakers/tennis shoes(rubber) (1)
9. White socks atleast 2pairs
10. Mosquito treated net (to guide your belongings)
11. Basic drugs panadol,paracetamol,etc (not necessary because it will be available at the NYSC clinic)
12. Padlocks
13. Waist pouch
14. Beverages
15. Dettol, bath soap&Detergents (if you don't wanna spend for washing)
16.Towel&face towel
17. A pair of slippers
18. Bedsheets
19. Flashlight (Torchlight phone)
20. Food flask, bowl and cup
21. Sunglasses
22. Extra phone batteries and charger
23. Cash from N10,000 upward( if you want to enjoy Maami Market).
Wish us the best
dont make ten photocopies o,just make sure u have at least 2 extra copies always of all document u ar taking to camp,was in camp abia. (14A) and used only one photocopy of my result.chikenaa bt d passport u can use it later
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by rildwanullahi(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
pappyrose: With regards to the things u need for camp, I don't think u need as much photocopy, I was misled by this list only to get to Abia camp and didn't use any of the photocopies. According to the call up letter, u only need 8 passports, at most 12.
ar u stil serving in abia,if so which local govt. are u
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by acunon: 7:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
na next week tins!
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by jsunex(m): 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hope this will nt affect batch C for november
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Shigo89: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Passing bye
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Shigo89: 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
osemu8: Let hope n pray for the best
i agree
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by pappyrose(f): 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
rildwanullahi: ar u stil serving in abia,if so which local govt. are u

Umuahia North LG
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Samguine: 11:03am On Jul 22, 2014
Tbliss12: I renounce these northern states in jesus name..... Amen
grin grin
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 23, 2014
Samguine:
grin grin
Y the laughter? I just said a prayer, it seems u've gone 4 service already
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by azyx: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
abeg wetin be stream 1 and 2.so some Lagos batch will go this august while the others will go on sept ?
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Estyfloxy(f): 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ask4bigneyo: Wishing all prospective Batch "B" Corp members safe trip to their various orientation camps.
SURVIVAL/SAFETY TIPS:
*Don't be carried away with the frivolousities on camp, allow God to make you His choicest aroma to bring His life to all Corpers.
*Pls don't lobby for postings, allow God to do His work.
*Know the son/daughter of whom you are before and after your postings.
*NEVER work alone expecially at night wherever you are posted to.
*Maintain your integrity, don't join bad company because the COMPANY you keep determines what ACCOMPANIES you and your friENDS determines your ENDS.
*Temptations will come but don't go beyond what you are sent to do in those villages.
*Make yourself available by joining NCCF(Rural Rugged) to propagate the Gospel of our dear Lord Jesus Christ to the villagers or MCAN.
*Above all, always aknowledge God the Most Supreme Being in everything you do, allow His fear to envelop your mind and He will never leave nor farsake you.
SHALOM!
Amen! Tnks bro
Re: Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course by Bsc(m): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2014
Me na Nassarawa dem post me oh....proudly Niger delta... Nothing spoil

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Couple Who Met In Ebonyi NYSC Camp 4 Years Ago Set To Wed (Photos) / NYSC: Wrong Name, Wrong Date Of Graduation / A thread for corpers posted to Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.