Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 (44685 Views)

10 Facts About Farts You Might Not Know / 7 Health Risks Of Child Bearing After Age 35 / Can Ampiclox Be Used To Prevent Pregnancy After Unprotected Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by anuma1(m): 6:32am On Jul 19, 2014
There’s a lot of debate over women having babies past the age of 35. However, it’s not that uncommon. In fact, one in 10 babies born to women over 35-years of age are born with zero complications to mom or baby.
However, doctors and midwives take extra precaution with pregnant women over 35 as they can be more susceptible to certain health concerns such as gestational diabetes, miscarriages, and delivering a baby with chromosomal abnormalities (i.e., Down syndrome).
Here are ten facts to keep in mind if you plan to give birth past age 35…
1. Greater Risk of Pregnancy Complications
Women who get pregnant past the age of 35 are more prone to developing certain complications during pregnancy—most commonly gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. However, regular doctor’s appointments and quality prenatal care will help monitor and control both conditions if they arise during pregnancy. 2. Healthy Diet is Vital
A healthy, balanced diet is vital for all pregnant women, regardless of age. Oftentimes, an older woman is more prone to pregnancy weight gain, which can contribute to further complications and energy drain during her pregnancy. But a well-balanced diet (plus prenatal vitamins) that focuses on whole, natural foods and quality proteins should do its part to prevent excess weight and ensure both mom and baby are properly nourished. 3. Risk of Chromosomal Abnormalities
If you’re pregnant past the age of 35-years, your doctor will offer a series of genetic testing to monitor for certain chromosomal abnormalities that increase with older pregnancies. For instance, chorionic villus sampling (CVS), a test performed at 9 to 11 weeks of pregnancy, is 99-percent accurate for detecting Down syndrome and Turner syndrome. 4. Heightened Risk of Miscarriage
It’s no secret that women over the age of 35 suffer higher risk of miscarriages and stillbirths compared to younger women. And risk of miscarriage only increases with age, for instance, while women who are 35-years old have a 20-percent chance of miscarrying; those 45-years or older have a 35-percent risk of miscarrying. 5.Higher Incidence of Twin Births
Older women also often find themselves with a double surprise—twins! It’s a fact that twin births are more common in pregnant women who are 35-years or older. 6.More Cesarean Sections
If you’re 35-years-old or older and pregnant, you have an increased chance of a cesarean section delivery as well. This can be due to the greater likelihood of complications during pregnancy and delivery, including labor issues such as excessive bleeding, prolonged labor (greater than 20 hours), and stalled labor. 7.Drastic Emotional Changes During Pregnancy
Hardly any new mother is quite prepared for the complete life transformation that comes with pregnancy or new motherhood. Hormone fluctuations are almost always the prime source of the emotional rollercoaster of pregnancy. However, the older the woman; the more stress the body will often experience. 8.Egg Quality Declines
As women age, we experience a decline in our fertility, which means we ovulate less regularly or miss the occasional egg release completely. Egg quality begins to wane between age 30 and 40, with genetic egg complications becoming more likely and reducing the chances of conception. 9.It May Take Longer To Conceive
In addition to lowered fertility after the age of 35, there are also more difficulties with timing conception. For instance, where it can take a couple in their 20s just a few months to conceive, couples over 35 often need years to become pregnant. 10.Remember, Every Woman is Different
When it comes down to age and pregnancy, 35 is just a number and every woman’s biological age differs from her number age. While many women have a family history of difficult conception; others will be able to conceive quite easily into their 40s due to stellar diet and regular exercise.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by pfijacobs(m): 6:50am On Jul 19, 2014
I believe d reason why women are so complicated to us men is becos we we're asleep wen dey were created or wat do u tink?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by thegoodone2(m): 7:21am On Jul 19, 2014
okay
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by justi4jesu(f): 7:36am On Jul 19, 2014
Ok ooo
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by obayaya(m): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2014
That's why I wanna get married right away grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by onihaxy: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2014
Let me read first
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2014
It depends on the woman o. Halle berry had a child in her late 40s, my grand ma had her last child when she was 52, believe it or not. My aunt had her last child at the age of 42 and it was a normal delivery.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by searay(m): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Datas121(m): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2014
I don't just feel like reading all dis

5 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Akshow: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2014
WHen I marry, fire my wife belle, i go come back come back come read am

6 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by kinguwem: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2014
In addition to the facts stated above, they do not easily adapt to physiological changes in pregnancy like younger women.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by stanbiggi(m): 7:41am On Jul 19, 2014
The reason why women aged before getting married is because their is no job for the guys, most organisation employs women. Do ur survey and u will discover, so the guys are not ready for marriage because ladies has taken away their jobs. This is the cost in society when women now do men jobs.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Dygeasy(m): 7:41am On Jul 19, 2014
Sister Blessing!!!
Sister Nkiru!!!
Sister Bukky!!!

Shey una dey hear? Are you still forming for those brothers? Time don go o.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Datas121(m): 7:41am On Jul 19, 2014
I don't just feel like reading all dis grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by NickiRoman: 7:41am On Jul 19, 2014
Where are the 10 facts..Why is everything all jumbled up

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by mencade5(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2014
am here as a delegate for my girlfriend.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by iceberylin(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2014
U expect us to stress our eyes for this Crap

next time Use Paragraph

23 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by westbee: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2014
Is it just about women?
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by ak4God(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2014
women and their wahala
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Mayor21(m): 7:46am On Jul 19, 2014
Ok. I'll pass the mesage!
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by constance500: 7:47am On Jul 19, 2014
I hear you.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by tempem: 7:47am On Jul 19, 2014
obayaya: That's why I wanna get married right away grin
Seconded!!
Thirded!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by b3llo(m): 7:49am On Jul 19, 2014
I was here
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2014
I wanna to read all this but I had to protect my eyes

Lord have mercy
Op couldn't even edit this
Just copy and paste

4 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by lonelydora: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2014
NickiRoman: Where are the 10 facts..Why is everything all jumbled up

I hope he passed his SSCE English language.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by benedictac(f): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee: It depends on the woman o. Halle berry had a child in her late 40s, my grand ma had her last child when she was 52, believe it or not. My aunt had her last child at the age of 42 and it was a normal delivery.

for the women above 35 and still trusting God for babies, don't worry as it happened in the lives of the above so u too will rejoice soon in Jesus' name and there shall be no complications in Jesus' name.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by AdeniyiA(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2014
With God all things are possible, all difficulties become opportunities for testimonies.
I'd rather believe God's reports

16 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by spiralwedge(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee: It depends on the woman o. Halle berry had a child in her late 40s, my grand ma had her last child when she was 52, believe it or not. My aunt had her last child at the age of 42 and it was a normal delivery.

Even Sarah at 99. lol

the write-up doesnt say u can't, and it also recommends what to do.... regular check - key.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Calebosko(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2014
av been coming across some girls that i runs and dey no agree make i enter their house of asembly,saying dey are virgin this and that, ah just dey tink,supose i go marry wife cum,she come dey talk dos escuse wey i bin dey get befor,or saying if u dont giv me this u no go enter,men i for vex wid am seriously, i dey hey some men dey talk say dea wife staff am 4 sex, e no fit hapen wid me o...or elxs her family for refund my money back
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Sabadon(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2014
Insightful @OP.....kip it up
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by jibbish(m): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2014
Ds research dt @Op is saying,abeg wia dem take survey am? Am sure say no b Nigeria. Abeg Op, Oyinbo problem differnt frm ourz oooo. Don't get it twisted.
I agree with u on dt dey give birth to twins,go n watch Rccg testimony session,u will undastand what am saying. All dose women are always giving birth to twins,triplet etc.

In general, na market economy cos am for Broda Dele to marry Sixta Laide at above 35
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by 4tunebest(f): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2014
Inspite of all these facts, the TRUTH still remains that with God, none of these would be experienced, either one gets pregnant @ 35 or @ 55. Thank God for God

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

661 New COVID-19 Cases Reported, 137 Discharged, 19 Deaths ,June 20 -2523 Tested / Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures / Man Impaled By A Wooden Peg, Gets Saved (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.