Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? (19529 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by kstyle2(m): 6:20am On Jul 20, 2014
Cos d wife will wnt 2 do evrytyn 2 justify why d husband picked her ahead of other chicks-good food, good sex i guess
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by IdomaLikita: 6:25am On Jul 20, 2014
greggng: A woman secrets a fluid from her vagina .when this fluid comes in contact with the mans pennis the man starts adding weight . Please understand that you can only add weight if you married that woman legitmately. That's why must pepple fornicating don't add weight . That fluid recognises their ilicit act and punishes them with all types of diseases. Another reason men add weight when married is that the wife prepares home made food not junk food he is use to. For all the young boys and girls pls stop fornicating so that u can add weight.

The Doctor Has Spoken cheesy
greggng: A woman secrets a fluid from her vagina .when this fluid comes in contact with the mans pennis the man starts adding weight . Please understand that you can only add weight if you married that woman legitmately. That's why must pepple fornicating don't add weight . That fluid recognises their ilicit act and punishes them with all types of diseases. Another reason men add weight when married is that the wife prepares home made food not junk food he is use to. For all the young boys and girls pls stop fornicating so that u can add weight.

The Doctor Has Spoken cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 20, 2014
It's only in Nigeria (and perhaps Africa, by extension) that 'adding weight' is often seen as a positive development, such that can be attributed to "peace of mind", good food, and fulfillment! You will see one shapeless mama bomboy walking along the road, and when you remark, "Ah ah, Mama Bomboy, you don dey fat oh". Her instinctive response would be, "na God oh". Lol! Tell the average oyinbo person that they have added weight, and you risk driving them to suicide.

Anyways, I think married men in this part of the world add weight because they are 'forced' to eat greater quantities of food than they need by their wives. African men tend to over-prioritise culinary skills in potential wives, so when they get married, their hidden gluttony becomes fully acrivated in the attempt to enjoy their wives' so-called cooking abilities. Besides, we all know that most Nigerian women would not believe that their husband truly loves them unless he consumes everything in the big plate (and asks for more) everytime food is served. Married ladies, oya confess to this! No be small wahala.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by englishmart(m): 6:57am On Jul 20, 2014
smurfy: I've noticed that no matter how thin a man is, he almost always add weight the moment he gets married. I know that women add weight because of pregnancy, but what is responsible for weight gain in men? Good food? I find that a little difficult to believe.
it is the women that gain weight during marriage.
During the weeding, the ladies are said to be the happiest of everybody around.
The man is busy thinking about how much he's spent on the weeding (traditional and white)
Also the joy of getting married is the main reason women add some weight when they are married.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Irony
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 20, 2014
BananaBender: ...........because he stops being active

He now has a slave that acts as his chef, his janitor, his laundryman, his secretary, his prostitute

must u use foul lang
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by dBard: 7:21am On Jul 20, 2014
It's a conspiracy jare , to reduce the man's overall Sexiness rating, hence making him less attractive t the ladies out there....f Her Peace Of Mind.
Why else would someone who use to encourage u t eat healthy prior to, suddenly start loading u wit carbs day n night without blinking
Bros..fight d conspiracy..keep d sexiness growing. tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 20, 2014
xp17: It's some kinda tactics women implement to make their husbands look less attractive to other ladies.

Sometime ago, a colleague told me his wife stopped him from going to the gym. The wife said She should be the one complaining about it, but she ain't. The dude had to stop for mama peace sake.

My question is : why would you buy a Ferrari and turn it to a truck? meanwhile , you turned down them trucks for them Ferrari prior

Dere is god ohhh

Ugh, seriously? That illustration alone is affecting me profoundly. Not happening grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Joel3(m): 7:30am On Jul 20, 2014
i nor sure say na the marraige cause am. Na the timing. Also aging matter.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by omega2128(m): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2014
man that used to service 3 - 6 ladies before marriage now has to do with one, even he would get 5-6 days off every month due to madam monthly servicing. How is he going to burn excess digested food in his system.
Africa women intentionally feed men with large quantity of fatty foods to show that their husbands are well fed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by passionate88: 7:34am On Jul 20, 2014
bigtt76: Simple ...rest of mind! No longer need to worry about his babe shanking anoda guy (even though she doesn't) grin btw ....na food be dat wey guys de eat out? Poor quality and unhygienic compared to the one cooked with all the love in this world by a wife tongue
cooked by a good wife, not just a wife... Some wife's no be am at all...
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by disloman(m): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2014
Story story ooooo.story story oooo.story.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by dammytosh: 7:49am On Jul 20, 2014
I feel most men eat very late at night all in the name of Madam not thinking they have eaten else where and note that Most madam will serve you more than you can eat as sign of respect.

Imagine 3 pieces of beef and 2 pieces of fish in a vegetable with aecetera already. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by omozoba1(f): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2014
See as dem boku weh deyh view dx topic, una no go go church? grin tongue
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by wintergold(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2014
egopersonified: 1. He feels fulfilled(rest of mind) , that a part of his life is secured.
2. Wife cooks three square meals, while he probably used to cook only in the evenings or weekends. (take note; normally u eat more quantity of food and more often at home than when u eat out).
3. Little or no chores anymore.
4. Has someone who keeps him company, so tendency of sitting back and relaxing is increased.
5. Where the wife contributes to the home, less responsibility for him.
omooo, see ehh, all dese n more I do for myself, even as I still dey single, so I no go dey grateful to any woman wey I marry say na she make me add...abi dem dey inject special anointing for our body?
grin
egopersonified: 1. He feels fulfilled(rest of mind) , that a part of his life is secured.
2. Wife cooks three square meals, while he probably used to cook only in the evenings or weekends. (take note; normally u eat more quantity of food and more often at home than when u eat out).
3. Little or no chores anymore.
4. Has someone who keeps him company, so tendency of sitting back and relaxing is increased.
5. Where the wife contributes to the home, less responsibility for him.
omooo, see ehh, all dese n more I do for myself, even as I still dey single, so I no go dey grateful to any woman wey I marry say na she make me add...abi dem dey inject special anointing for our body?
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by omozoba1(f): 8:01am On Jul 20, 2014
thor=BananaBender]...........because he stops being active

He now has a slave that acts as his chef, his janitor, his laundryman, his secretary, his prostitute.

[/quote] uar vry raw o, which training u get self from home? Na so ur mama be for ur papa, which school u go abeg
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by wintergold(m): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2014
Dosoq: Good food + rest of mind+ filling fulfilled + Freedom 2 av SEX wheneva Konjii catch am.
chei! LWKMD
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by gogodaye(m): 8:17am On Jul 20, 2014
The overt sign of the price most men pay for being 'enchained' by their spouses with in~house woman palava........................
The married men get fed & are constrained to eat alot of 'non~sense' of the several varieties of this special delicacy made up of condiments such as spousal self centredness issues, husband cntrol issues, trust issues, jealousy issues, I don't want to see your mother in the house issues, in~laws issues, only my people issues, money issues, competition issues, etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 20, 2014
omozoba1: thor=BananaBender]...........because he stops being active

He now has a slave that acts as his chef, his janitor, his laundryman, his secretary, his prostitute.

uar vry raw o, which training u get self from home? Na so ur mama be for ur papa, which school u go abeg

Who is this !mbecilic r*etard with the IQ of a mannequin with a brain tumor

Can you imagine the mor0n asking me na so my mama be?? The smartest thing ever to come out of your mama's mouth was your papa's d1ck. We are talking about women here not b1tches.

Your entire family cannot even dream of the schools I went to, shut your poverty stricken a*ss up before I instruct your mother to come out of her cage and bite you.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Lachynos2k2(m): 8:30am On Jul 20, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Lack of exercise, eating fatty based foods.
spot.on.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by georgesylva(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2014
smurfy: I've noticed that no matter how thin a man is, he almost always add weight the moment he gets married. I know that women add weight because of pregnancy, but what is responsible for weight gain in men? Good food? I find that a little difficult to believe.
They get 2 eat always.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by lonelydora: 8:41am On Jul 20, 2014
Because they now enjoy better food at home and not all the Indomie and mama put food.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by bigtt76(f): 8:41am On Jul 20, 2014
grin no bi lie my broda

passionate88: cooked by a good wife, not just a wife... Some wife's no be am at all...
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by unmask: 8:48am On Jul 20, 2014
Most of you just use any opportunity to justify marriage.......marriage can never be better than being single. most get married just to fulfilk an unwritten law, but in the end they get to a "making it work" phase.....my advice shun marriage and live your life to the fullest......even Jesus didn't get married.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 20, 2014
If a man gains weights ----> he is being taken care of

If a woman gains weight ---> she is not taking care of herself

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by elampiro(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2014
When many (Nigeria) men marry, they stop playing football, trekking and jovial. They think it is irresponsible to play football with youths or teenagers. Class comes in, and they only move around in cars. Only attending activities that keep them seated for hours, like weddings, burials, clan meetings, birthdays, etc

That's the primary problem. The rest are secondary.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2014
Home made food is wonderful.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by sleekman(m): 10:49am On Jul 20, 2014
egopersonified:

kai, u need to go for pidgin classes.
LMAO
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2014
olatwo:
You can say that again bro!

..this weight increase ur talking about is it applicable to men that are nt enjoying or happy with their marriage?
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by acada111(f): 11:10am On Jul 20, 2014
smurfy:

A dey think set when person obey God and go marry, name dat time blessing begin enter I'm domot. Some men dey. Dem dey eat better food before dem marry bit d thing no dey grew show for body.

Bros, abeg how much you go pay me make I teach you how to nack correct pidgin? grin. This your own de almost make me cry embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Fulaman198(m): 11:47am On Jul 20, 2014
Laziness and the comfort knowing that their wives love them. So they don't even bother working out after they marry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Sister Gives Birth To Twins After 15 Years / My Toast / Man Accuses Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Demands 6 Million Naira Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.