Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? (19531 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Mayor88(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
Better fu*k n better food.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by wayne4loan: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
smurfy: I've noticed that no matter how thin a man is, he almost always add weight the moment he gets married. I know that women add weight because of pregnancy, but what is responsible for weight gain in men? Good food? I find that a little difficult to believe.
OP, it depends on the orientation of the marriage. I know a nigga that was like B.I.G, within 6months after his wedding my hommie was like 2pac
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
Godfullsam: Not all men add weight after marriage oh sad. If you are married to d bone of ur bone you can add weight because of good food, peace of mind and good companionship. But if you end up with d wrong woman, you go first add weight for d first six months and later you com dey loss weight so tayyy.... You go resemble pesin wey catch desease.

Lol. Speaking from experience? cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
wayne4loan: OP, it depends on the orientation of the marriage. I know a nigga that was like B.I.G, within 6months after his wedding my hommie was like 2pac

Lol cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Depend on the woman o. A good woman who gives peace and loves would make a guy relaxed. eating 3 square meals a day, unlike once or twice like busy guys have the chance to. But women blow up after marriage, thats almost certain,
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by danielmichael(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
Na wen de two spouse enjoys good sex joor..confirm evriday sex makes a man to b weighty after marriage..dats de onli ansa for this thread
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by HARDDON: 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
greggng: A woman secrets a fluid from her vagina .when this fluid comes in contact with the mans pennis the man starts adding weight . Please understand that you can only add weight if you married that woman legitmately. That's why must pepple fornicating don't add weight . That fluid recognises their ilicit act and punishes them with all types of diseases. Another reason men add weight when married is that the wife prepares home made food not junk food he is use to. For all the young boys and girls pls stop fornicating so that u can add weight.

Da f*nk?! no I didn't just read this!
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by HARDDON: 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
wayne4loan: OP, it depends on the orientation of the marriage. I know a nigga that was like B.I.G, within 6months after his wedding my hommie was like 2pac
bros u sure say no bi cancer be dat one.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Alfred234(m): 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Not all men biko... my Dad is almost 50yrs of age & he's still slim like he was b4 he got married

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Men put on weight as they get older, simple. Men get married as they get older ...... get it ?
The metabolic rate slows down significantly as people hit 40. Also older people have cars compared to youngpeople so less walking less exercise etc.
It is also true as people enter advanced age they tend to lose weight again whether married or not and so many people in their 70s tend to be smaller

There are lots of fat gay,straight and celibate men. Nothing to do with marriage.There are also many skinny men who are married Like Buhari, Obama and lots more.

The above also applies to women too so there is no mystery there

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Dumas32(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=BananaBender]...........because he stops being active

Nicely said
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by dbyno: 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
its because he saves the strength he use in banging his girlfriends.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by linearity: 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
egopersonified: 1. He feels fulfilled(rest of mind) , that a part of his life is secured.
2. Wife cooks three square meals, while he probably used to cook only in the evenings or weekends. (take note; normally u eat more quantity of food and more often at home than when u eat out).
3. Little or no chores anymore.
4. Has someone who keeps him company, so tendency of sitting back and relaxing is increased.
5. Where the wife contributes to the home, less responsibility for him.

I have to disagree with the 'rest of mind' thing in reference to most men.

Marriage is a project to most men, it's one of the checked item on their todo list, once that project is accomished, they move on the next.

To most ladies, marriage is a destination, once they are married, they have arrived, and have a rested mind, the rest of their preoccupation thereafter is to make that destination their home.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
smurfy: I've noticed that no matter how thin a man is, he almost always add weight the moment he gets married. I know that women add weight because of pregnancy, but what is responsible for weight gain in men? Good food? I find that a little difficult to believe.

Ask their wives
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by kilokeys(m): 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
BananaBender: ...........because he stops being active

He now has a slave that acts as his chef, his janitor, his laundryman, his secretary, his prostitute.

chauvinistic pig... calling a man's wife a prostitute...?
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by tochstorm(m): 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Wrong question..... It should be why do women add weight after marriage.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
acada111:

Bros, abeg how much you go pay me make I teach you how to nack correct pidgin? grin. This your own de almost make me cry embarassed

A million $$$ grin
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by fairheven: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
greggng: A woman secrets a fluid from her vagina .when this fluid comes in contact with the mans pennis the man starts adding weight . Please understand that you can only add weight if you married that woman legitmately. That's why must pepple fornicating don't add weight . That fluid recognises their ilicit act and punishes them with all types of diseases. Another reason men add weight when married is that the wife prepares home made food not junk food he is use to. For all the young boys and girls pls stop fornicating so that u can add weight.
Good point.actually a medical doctor-friend told me about the" fluid" an I tot he was kidding.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by kobikwelu(m): 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
Simple...
peace of mind associated to having a companion
Easy access to good food
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by shizzleStar: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
egopersonified:

kai, u need to go for pidgin classes.
gringringringringringringringrin
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by shizzleStar: 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
kobikwelu: Simple...
peace of mind associated to having a companion
Easy access to good food
EOD! Just add good before companion. SHIKENA!
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by acada111(f): 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
smurfy:

A million $$$ grin
Lol.....you know say e get d kind moni wey hungry man go see, he go pick race cheesy
I no wan do again, cari ur moni de go grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by pwettyhardey(f): 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
cos wen they are married, they r complete. there is good food to eat n dress nice

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Ladybluecash(f): 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
When a baby sucks his mothers breast, the baby get fat and healthy so its applicable to our man who takes their time to suck dry d woman why wont he get fat. My thought ooo
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by elohorayodele: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2014
Constant supply of sweetness.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by omoharry(f): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2014
unmask: Most of you just use any opportunity to justify marriage.......marriage can never be better than being single. most get married just to fulfilk an unwritten law, but in the end they get to a "making it work" phase.....my advice shun marriage and live your life to the fullest......even Jesus didn't get married.....
I believe you are still a kid. Please come back in 10 years time and repeat the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by ayobase(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2014
smurfy:

grin Typed it in a hurry...O, I miss my qwerty phone!

But I sabi pidgin o. Abi u wan try me? cool

what phone do u use?
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
ayobase:

what phone do u use?

I was on Nokia Asha 303 but I now use Opsson Genesis.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by zexzy(f): 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
egopersonified: 1. He feels fulfilled(rest of mind) , that a part of his life is secured.
2. Wife cooks three square meals, while he probably used to cook only in the evenings or weekends. (take note; normally u eat more quantity of food and more often at home than when u eat out).
3. Little or no chores anymore.
4. Has someone who keeps him company, so tendency of sitting back and relaxing is increased.
5. Where the wife contributes to the home, less responsibility for him.
See how important a woman is in the life of a man, she has to do all this things for him. Thumbs up to all the women in the house.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
smurfy:

A dey think set when person obey God and go marry, name dat time blessing begin enter I'm domot. Some men dey. Dem dey eat better food before dem marry bit d thing no dey grew show for body.
Na by force say u must type for pidgin undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Sister Gives Birth To Twins After 15 Years / My Toast / Man Accuses Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Demands 6 Million Naira Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.