Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra (10746 Views)

Chevrolet Optra -2002 Model / Toyota Hiace ("hummer Bus") Or Ford/chevrolet Buses: Which Is Better. / New Chevrolet Optra Vs Tokunbo Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
I need help.d problem started month ago when i cleaned the throttle body of the car.aftr cleaning the rpm goes above 2000 rpm refused to go back to normal rpm.i was advised by frnd to take it the to auto-ele'trian.which i did, before then i ordered for toks throttle control in Lagos,my mechanic fixed the toks throttle control but didn't solve the problem of high RPM.i went to see d auto-electrian d next day,e replace my old throttle control then made adjustment inside d electronic brain of throttle control but rpm was placed on1500 rpm according to him becose of the a.c.i snt back d toks throttle control to lagos.now the throttle control is not working.it does not make sound. rpm is unable.the car goes off in the morning.i do it manually by putting pressure on the gas.i need advise o.no code found o.i will upload the throttle control.pls pradon my mistake.thank u
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by KiksAsso: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
If it's the Chevrolet Optra made in South Korea and sold in Nigeria by a division of CFAO Motors, then I will tell you that the probability that you will have to replace the ECM in order to resolve this issue is 0.99.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
KiksAsso: If it's the Chevrolet Optra made in South Korea and sold in Nigeria by a division of CFAO Motors, then I will tell you that the probability that you will have to replace the ECM in order to resolve this issue is 0.99.
replace? anyother way?where
do i get d ECM?how much?plz help me.wahala dey b dat o
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
pls i need ur contribution.
all the gurus in d house help me
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by sultaan(m): 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
If you clean the TB what type of cleaner did you use?
At that point your problem was simple either you didn't replace everything tight causing vacuum leak or the cleaner messed up with you throttle body position sensor TPS either way if you scan the car you will see but you let them do guess work so the best fix you can get online is guessing which will be check for air leaks cracked hoses and bad sensors
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
Do you have the check light on, can you explain how you got to clean the throttle actuator?
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
sultaan: If you clean the TB what type of cleaner did you use?
At that point your problem was simple either you didn't replace everything tight causing vacuum leak or the cleaner messed up with you throttle body position sensor TPS either way if you scan the car you will see but you let them do guess work so the best fix you can get online is guessing which will be check for air leaks cracked hoses and bad sensors
i have scanner for the car.d problem was rpm is high refuse to come down to 1000rpm.i did not use anytin solution to clean throttle control.i checked the sensor is in good condition.due to auto-electrian adjustment d throttle control stopped working.i dnt want to waste money.i need solution.notice no code
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
What year is this baby mama
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
mayor2013: What year is this baby mama
2004/2005
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
And u said you dont have the check light on
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 11:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
mayor2013: And u said you dont have the check light on
yes, but for camshaft position sensor which has bn dia for months nw.i have scanner for the car moreso i have used prof.scanner 2.only got camshaft position sensor.i have not seen d sensor in abuja.i don't want to order frm lagos becose am sure of getting good one.my problem now is the throttle control body.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 11:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
If you have a camshaft position sensor code why not go ahead to check harness to wirings thy connect to the camshaft sensors. Or at worse condition change the sensor
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:22am On Jul 20, 2014
KiksAsso: If it's the Chevrolet Optra made in South Korea and sold in Nigeria by a division of CFAO Motors, then I will tell you that the probability that you will have to replace the ECM in order to resolve this issue is 0.99.

0.99 is not up to 1 percent so op is safe.

Op first manually return the butterfly valve to its original settings, un screw it till it only rest lightly on the screw, most mechanics try to adjust the idle from the butterfly only to end up getting an erratic engine, your idle speed control valve "pictures attached" is very easy to service and also very easy to destroy I'm guessing by now its bad since its passed through so many hands, its servicing procedure is same as most peugeot vehicles especially the 406, lucky for you it shares same part with most opel brands and you can get it for less than 5k.

There are also manual tests that can be carried out to rule out ecm damage, but I doubt you will have to go that far.

Also check for vacuum leaks along intake, and try and fix up your cam shaft sensor issue, probably didn't fix the socket properly, or ur timing marks don't match up.

I hope its the right idle valve I posted?

Best of luck.

Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 5:01am On Jul 20, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

0.99 is not up to 1 percent so op is safe.

Op first manually return the butterfly valve to its original settings, un screw it till it only rest lightly on the screw, most mechanics try to adjust the idle from the butterfly only to end up getting an erratic engine, your idle speed control valve "pictures attached" is very easy to service and also very easy to destroy I'm guessing by now its bad since its passed through so many hands, its servicing procedure is same as most peugeot vehicles especially the 406, lucky for you it shares same part with most opel brands and you can get it for less than 5k.

There are also manual tests that can be carried out to rule out ecm damage, but I doubt you will have to go that far.

Also check for vacuum leaks along intake, and try and fix up your cam shaft sensor issue, probably didn't fix the socket properly, or ur timing marks don't match up.

I hope its the right idle valve I posted?

Best of luck.
thank u.i dnt tink my has idle valve.have not seen anytin like dat.mayb i dnt knw wher is located.i have done research on d location of the idle valva which is not found.plz,if return d adjustment of throttle control butterfly will it work again?D partspare is not common in abuja.as for camshaft position sensor wen d socket is bin remove engine goes off will not strt until socket replaced.am suspen'ing the timing for dat.please i rily need help.

Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2014
Yours is a different model from the one I'm used to. From the pictures yours is a mororised throttle body. What did you actually service inside?
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 20, 2014
I have no idea, why people would take their cars to the wrong people, to work on. And throw money at problems without prior research.

From the image shown of your throttle body, it's a DBW unit (Drive By Wire). Meaning there's no throttle cable, instead, your throttle pedal is actually the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). Any disturbance - replacement of the throttle body, dismantling of the butterfly, or cleaning means a throttle body reset is required. The idle speed will be on the high side if this reset is not carried out, sometimes fluctuating between 650-2000 rpm. With some models, a long drive under varying conditions (load and rpm) can reset the throttle body - assuming the ECU has a learning mode.

As per your camshaft position sensor, I would be looking to get that issue resolved, sooner rather than later, and in the meantime, STOP driving the car!
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 20, 2014
gambus007:
i have scanner for the car.d problem was rpm is high refuse to come down to 1000rpm.i did not use anytin solution to clean throttle control.i checked the sensor is in good condition.due to auto-electrian adjustment d throttle control stopped working.i dnt want to waste money.i need solution.notice no code

Your auto "electrician" carried out "adjustments" on a throttle body, that has no user adjustment, and is controlled strictly by the ECU??
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2014
Siena: I have no idea, why people would take their cars to the wrong people, to work on. And throw money at problems without prior research.

From the image shown of your throttle body, it's a DBW unit (Drive By Wire). Meaning there's no throttle cable, instead, your throttle pedal is actually the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). Any disturbance - replacement of the throttle body, dismantling of the butterfly, or cleaning means a throttle body reset is required. The idle speed will be on the high side if this reset is not carried out, sometimes fluctuating between 650-2000 rpm. With some models, a long drive under varying conditions (load and rpm) can reset the throttle body - assuming the ECU has a learning mode.

As per your camshaft position sensor, I would be looking to get that issue resolved, sooner rather than later, and in the meantime, STOP driving the car!

Thanks for clarifying, I looked at the pic again and saw where the throttle cable should be attached, I remember seeing same format on a vw jetta, cable opens the butterfly and the tps signals determine the rpm.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 9:50am On Jul 20, 2014
Siena: I have no idea, why people would take their cars to the wrong people, to work on. And throw money at problems without prior research.

thank you sir.d throttle control is not working more.i ordered for another frm lagos but seller has not gotten a good one according to him.he said most of them has bn damage.my money is still hanging with him.i have spent 15k on it stil no solution.i hate d car!do i get another throttle control?if i get another,how do i reset?wen the problm strted i got d user manual on how to reset but did not work.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2014
Siena:

Your auto "electrician" carried out "adjustments" on a throttle body, that has no user adjustment, and is controlled strictly by the ECU??
he open d black cover and use piller to adjust d mechanism inside black cover
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 20, 2014
gambus007: he open d black cover and use piller to adjust d mechanism inside black cover

If he opened it, and bent the little internal contacts, then this throttle body is dead. You'll need a new one, that hasn't been cracked open.

There are NO adjustable parts inside.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 11:10am On Jul 20, 2014
Siena:

If he opened it, and bent the little internal contacts, then this throttle body is dead. You'll need a new one, that hasn't been cracked open.

There are NO adjustable parts inside.
thank you sir.am grateful.if i get new or toks throttle control how do i reset the rpm to 1000?most of the replacement get to 2000 rpm.do i drive the car like dat?pls i need advise.@siena
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sir Siena Thank you for the advise.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
gambus007: thank you sir.am grateful.if i get new or toks throttle control how do i reset the rpm to 1000?most of the replacement get to 2000 rpm.do i drive the car like dat?pls i need advise.@siena

I would personally buy a brand new one, even if it means importing it.

Once fitted, your car will need to be hooked up to suitable diagnostic equipment to carry out a basic factory reset. That will bring the idle rpm to the correct level. And by the way, it won't be 1000 rpm, which is way too high. More like 800 +/- 50 rpm
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
Siena:

I would personally buy a brand new one, even if it means importing it.

Once fitted, your car will need to be hooked up to suitable diagnostic equipment to carry out a basic factory reset. That will bring the idle rpm to the correct level. And by the way, it won't be 1000 rpm, which is way too high. More like 800 +/- 50 rpm
thank you.i will love to import but i dnt knw how to import sparepart.it sims u r into dat.plz can u help me get one?if yes,wat will b d total cost?wat kind of scanner wil i use?
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
gambus007: thank you.i will love to import but i dnt knw how to import sparepart.it sims u r into dat.plz can u help me get one?if yes,wat will b d total cost?wat kind of scanner wil i use?

I will need more details on your car - model, year and VIN being very important. Feel free to send me a PM.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
Siena:

I will need more details on your car - model, year and VIN being very important. Feel free to send me a PM.
ok
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
Siena:

do have any history abt d car.i brought d car frm someone.i cant find d VIN. I have bn looking for VIN for months now.i dnt knw if the engine has bn changed.i will try to get the VIN.thank you.CHEVROLET OPTRA LS. MODEL YEAR:2004.CHASIS NO:KL1JJ51645K087616.THANK YOU SIR.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by chillex8(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
gambus007: do have any history abt d car.i brought d car frm someone.i cant find d VIN. I have bn looking for VIN for months now.i dnt knw if the engine has bn changed.i will try to get the VIN.thank you.CHEVROLET OPTRA LS. MODEL YEAR:2004.CHASIS NO:KL1JJ51645K087616.VIN NOT FOUND.THANK YOU SIR.

Chassis no aka VIN.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by HundeyinTosin: 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
i have a chevrolet optra LS 2008 model.....whenever i put on the Aircondition....the rpm come down below 1 and the car will start vibrating....but when i put off the AC.....everything comes normal.....Please what should i do cos i really scared of nigeria mechanics. thank you.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 4:07am On Jul 21, 2014
chillex8:

Chassis no aka VIN.

thank you for the info.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 4:22am On Jul 21, 2014
HundeyinTosin: i have a chevrolet optra LS 2008 model.....whenever i put on the Aircondition....the rpm come down below 1 and the car will start vibrating....but when i put off the AC.....everything comes normal.....Please what should i do cos i really scared of nigeria mechanics. thank you.
i opened a thread for chevrolet nd its family attention was not given.i realy felt bad thinking i was the only using the car was also discovered abt car.if na toyota or honda mentality u will find alot of pple running comment.anyhow,if u are interested click
www.nairaland.com/1791573/chevrolet-daewoo-opel-gm-thread.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? / 7 Ways To Identify A Lagos-based Danfo Driver / 10 Simple Car Safety Checks You Should Know How To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.