Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It (979 Views)

I know what pained the people - Jonathan / So Sad, Gadafi's Son Sentenced To Death By Firing Squard. / I'd Give Anything To Know What Osinbajo's Wife Told Aisha Buhari In This Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by Samueldo(m): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2014
BANTHU TIME WROTE
You don't know what you have until you lose it as
today many Libyans wish Colonel Gaddafi was
around. They wish there was no war and wish
they had agreed to Gaddafi's final speech before
war when he accepted multiparty democracy to be
introduced and agreed for a referendum to take place making it clear he was ready to step down if
there was a peaceful election instead of war. Now
this is what Libya is missing from Gaddafi's time:
1. All the newly weds people of Libya used to get
about 50,000 dollars from Government to lead a
very happy life.
2. Home is the basic right of every citizen of Libya.
3. There was no electricity bill in Libya. Electricity
was free.
4. No interest loan for the people of Libya
according to Law. Gaddafi was against interest
since interest is forbidden in Islam.
5. Gaddafi has increased the literacy rate from 25%
to 83%. Education expenses in Government
universities was free.
6. Medical expenses in Government hospitals was
free in Libya.
7. The price of the petrol was 0.14 cents in Libya.
Yes we all know Libya has got good petroleum
resources. But the price seems to be too low. Isn't
it?
8. When Libyan citizen wants to buy a car,
Government used to subsidized 50% of the price of
the car. 50%? sounds great!
9. A huge bread used to cost only 15 cents in Libya.
10. The GDP per capita of Libya is very high. Over
15,000 us dollars. Purchasing power was very high compare to the GDP.
11. The economy of Libya was improving rapidly.
In 2010 it had 10% growth. It has not external
debts. It also has the reserves amount of 150+
billion dollars.
12. Unemployment fees were given from the government until the person finds a Job.
13. A Libyan mother used to get 5000 us dollars for
giving birth.
May his rest in peace ameen.

Should we have this kind of opotunity in Nigeria? Nigeria would have been a beter place in the world
Re: Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by seanet01: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2014
The western slave masters destroyed everything.
Re: Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by PassingShot(m): 11:13am On Jul 20, 2014
I've always said it - the West does not mean well for the rest of the world. Unfortunately, Africans are too gullible and brainwashed to believe otherwise.

The sure thing is that Libya will never ever know peace anymore. It will be a case of Iraq in the end.

1 Like

Re: Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by lacasa: 11:24am On Jul 20, 2014
PassingShot: I've always said it - the West does not mean well for the rest of the world. Unfortunately, Africans are too gullible and brainwashed to believe otherwise.

The sure thing is that Libya will never ever know peace anymore. It will be a case of Iraq in the end.

You r On Point
Re: Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by Samueldo(m): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2014
PassingShot: I've always said it - the West does not mean well for the rest of the world. Unfortunately, Africans are too gullible and brainwashed to believe otherwise.

spot on bro
Re: Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by Samueldo(m): 11:41am On Jul 20, 2014
Baba Fela has already seen all. This white dudes aren't in love with us. They only wanna do like they are the perfect being on eart. Nigeria open ur eyes don't invite this people to solve our internal problems
Re: Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by itsmine: 11:50am On Jul 20, 2014
When shall humans learn to stop d blame game. Did the libyans or d entire arab world identify d west as a friend anytime in their history? My younger sis in tunisia divorced her hubby, my big sis in egypt left her matrimonial home of many decades, it bcame a fad in d arab world n I joined so as not to be left out. It turned out to b a great mistake for me n my other sis in syria &i began blaming a foe we all knew frm time immemorial. Even if d said enemy advised me to abandon my hubby of many years who had done nothing wrong save that he has enjoyed me for too long, don't I hav my own sense? I hope egypt won't hav cause to go d same path. - and if we ever make that decision of slicing nigeria due to unnecessary emotions &ego of present, we wouldn't hav reason to blame western powers for predictin & engineering our subsequent woes, cos we like blamin evryone except ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by spikesC(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
itsmine: When shall humans learn to stop d blame game. Did the libyans or d entire arab world identify d west as a friend anytime in their history? My younger sis in tunisia divorced her hubby, my big sis in egypt left her matrimonial home of many decades, it bcame a fad in d arab world n I joined so as not to be left out. It turned out to b a great mistake for me n my other sis in syria &i began blaming a foe we all knew frm time immemorial. Even if d said enemy advised me to abandon my hubby of many years who had done nothing wrong save that he has enjoyed me for too long, don't I hav my own sense? I hope egypt won't hav cause to go d same path. - and of we ever make that decision of slicing nigeria due to unnecessary emotions &ego of present, we wouldn't hav reason to blame western powers for predictin & engineering our subsequent woes, cos we like blamin evryone except ourselves.

The blame game is not the problem, but finding solutions to the already existing problem should be the main priority.
But to solve a problem, you should first identify it and what keeps it thriving, so that you would make informed decisions when finding solutions.

That being said:

The problem that existed in Libya was not economic problems as the standard of living in that country was very high.
Rather, it was greed and a thirst for power.

The rich and influential people felt Ghadaffi has ruled for so long. They instigated the illiterate masses for a revolt with the reason that no one was born to rule.
Ghadaffi being a military man would also not just step down, and democracy is not a way of culture for the arabs.

The illiterate masses opted to the use of violent protests and looked towards war (still instigated by the rich and influential). Indeed because they were illiterates, they do not know the aftermath of war.

Here comes our great and mighty USA, the police of the world. Instead of reaching for peace, they came to make sales, thereby destroying the land. Providing billions of arms to the illiterate masses to fight themselves. They supported the war through the provision of arms, intelligence and violence instigation.

It is no news that Ghadaffi and the USA has a long hatred between themselves.
It is no news that if you don't play the tune of the USA, they'll publicly make you suffer for it.

If one do not know that international politics has a big effect on local politics, then one is a political illiterate.
If one do not know that media can be used to instigate political violence, then one is an illiterate.

With a substantial amount of money, you can start a war in any region.
All you need is a source of arms, a not so dumb reason and a few paid illiterates to perpetrate the violence. Then you supply media with a warped up story

That is why we ask people to get educated.
War is business, and every country is getting into it.

Just like oil, developed arms and ammunition must be sold, tested and rigorously used.
And USA is selling their own. Whether it kills a father of 9 or an orphan is not their business. After all it was developed to kill.
They just can't waste all those billions of dollars for a stockpile of ammunition to rot. Even stored arms are maintained with money.

The market is where there is political tension, and the biggest users are the rebels.
So, why would you back a government that cannot use her weapons on her citizens because of international law whilst the rebels can use any weapon of their choice.

My people, get educated cool

2 Likes

Re: Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by Samueldo(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
spikesC:

The blame game is not the problem, but finding solutions to the already existing problem should be the main priority.
But to solve a problem, you should first identify it and what keeps it thriving, so that you would make informed decisions when finding solutions.

That being said:

The problem that existed in Libya was not economic problems as the standard of living in that country was very high.
Rather, it was greed and a thirst for power.

The rich and influential people felt Ghadaffi has ruled for so long. They instigated the illiterate masses for a revolt with the reason that no one was born to rule.
Ghadaffi being a military man would also not just step down, and democracy is not a way of culture for the arabs.

The illiterate masses opted to the use of violent protests and looked towards war (still instigated by the rich and influential). Indeed because they were illiterates, they do not know the aftermath of war.

Here comes our great and mighty USA, the police of the world. Instead of reaching for peace, they came to make sales, thereby destroying the land. Providing billions of arms to the illiterate masses to fight themselves. They supported the war through the provision of arms, intelligence and violence instigation.

It is no news that Ghadaffi and the USA has a long hatred between themselves.
It is no news that if you don't play the tune of the USA, they'll publicly make you suffer for it.

If one do not know that international politics has a big effect on local politics, then one is a political illiterate.
If one do not know that media can be used to instigate political violence, then one is an illiterate.

With a substantial amount of money, you can start a war in any region.
All you need is a source of arms, a not so dumb reason and a few paid illiterates to perpetrate the violence. Then you supply media with a warped up story

That is why we ask people to get educated.
War is business, and every country is getting into it.

Just like oil, developed arms and ammunition must be sold, tested and rigorously used.
And USA is selling their own. Whether it kills a father of 9 or an orphan is not their business. After all it was developed to kill.
They just can't waste all those billions of dollars for a stockpile of ammunition to rot. Even stored arms are maintained with money.

The market is where there is political tension, and the biggest users are the rebels.
So, why would you back a government that cannot use her weapons on her citizens because of international law whilst the rebels can use any weapon of their choice.

My people, get educated cool

best inteligent write up on this trend

1 Like

Re: Bantu Time Wrote On Gadafi: You Don't Know What You Have Until You Lost It by luvinhubby(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
It is obvious that Libyans were better off under Ghaddafi. Egypt tried it and the Morsi experience was a disaster, Tunisia is still trying to recover from Alli ouster and Libya is a fragment, warring pieces of Emirates and Beduoin Arab tribes.

The west do not mean well for Africa, their only interest is our mineral resources and the earlier we realise it, the better for Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari / VIDEO: Practical Evidence Of Total Islamization Of Nigeria By The North / How Far Can Lies And Propaganda Take APC To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.