Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,033 members, 7,821,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] (2204 Views)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Who Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Joel3(m): 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
UrbanMystique: well it's possible. same bible god created heaven and earth and heaven to the barbarians that wrote bible is somewhere in the sky. that's why jesus descended into the sky. so its possible that god created another planet as heaven or other gods created other planet.

now, where is muslim god in this equation? where is jewsish god? where is zeus? where is my great spaghetti monster?, which god creates earth exactly? which god should we accept created the earth?
we have thousands of dead gods created by humans in the past, which one created the universe?

since thee is no meaningful answer to that, then the universe is the god of the earth, and universe demands no worship.

let take a look at this chapter.

The Beginning

Genesis 1 vs 11

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault “sky.”

And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day. And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by purplesummer(f): 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
emtimes: then, the universe is the God.

I think it's reasonable
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Joel3(m): 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
emtimes: What u posted is mans foolishness. do you think u made urself? do u know all the thoughts in you God gave u the ability to think them. so if u aint thinking by ur power instead u were giving the wisdom to then, shut up and follow the one who gave U. the question is who gave u? either nature, devil or God. the answer is the one who says he is their creator.GOD
I never said God did not create humans. But the question is who is the true God that made humans? Any God can claim ownership. how can we tell, is it the bible God even?

2 Likes

Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Joel3(m): 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
UrbanMystique: 3, if universe created god, why do we have to worship god and not the universe? the god's god. the universe is the almighty. because without universe there wont be any god.
the universe doesn't need a worship from man neither the God who create humans and animals need worship from animals or humans.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by purplesummer(f): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Meehn, I'm outta here before I go crazy!
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Joel3: . But the question is who is the true God that made humans? Any God can claim ownership. Who can we tell its the bible God even?
Abeg help me ask them.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by UrbanMystique: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
Joel3:

let take a look at this chapter.

The Beginning

Genesis 1 vs 11

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault “sky.”

And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day. And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
well talking about this means you believe christian god created the earth which i disbelieve. no god anywhere. it never existed.

i believe i have done little justice to your topic, so i'm gonna have to leave now.

but before i go, the christian creation story is totally illogical since humans are creators too.... if humans need materials from earth to create another thing, then whichever god that creates the earth will need materials from the universe to create the earth or the heaven or which ever crap the theists believe. creating things from words doesn't make any sense. if he creates large earth with just words, why does he need material from earth to create humans? he could have just said (let there be humans) instead of of going thru the stress of modding humans from dirt on earth.

i'm out

1 Like

Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Joel3(m): 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
purplesummer: Meehn, I'm outta here before I go crazy!
grin Hahaha hahaha
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by plaetton: 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
Weah96: The universe is merely a product of normal human consciousness. The more important question becomes, what the hell is consciousness and where did it come from? We are being driven away from this answer by the myths of religion. Inquiry into this field has been halted for the last 2000 years, because the majority of people have their holy books with the answers.

Consciousness, scientifically speaking, is field of quantized bits of interaction. Interactions of energy. In other words, when energy interacts, a quanta of consciousness is created. When these quanta or quantum aggregate to a certain mathematical threshold, a field of consciousness is generated that basically assumes a course of its own.
Understanding this can enable us understand all natural and supernatural phenomena in the universe.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
Lol. On a serious note, the way the op addressed us, I was expecting to see the highest level of thinking here. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by timawoku(m): 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
@ joel if u aint a believer, guess its gonna be hard to explain, lot of atheist out there trying to judge God with earthly wisdom,think of it this way; there is nothing like space, nothing like universe,(man's stupidity), there is just God(spoken as a xtian though). I wish u luck in unravelling the unfathomable...
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Joel3(m): 11:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
UrbanMystique: well talking about this means you believe christian god created the earth which i disbelieve. no god anywhere. it never existed.

i belief i have done little justice to your topic, so i'm gonna have to leave now.

but before i go, the christian creation story is totally illogical since humans are creators too.... if humans need materials from earth to create another thing, then whichever god that create the earth will need materials from the universe to create the earth or the heaven or which ever crap the theists believe. creating things from words doesn't make any sense. if he create large earth with just words, why does he need material from earth to create humans? he could have just said (let there be humans) instead of of going thru the stress of modding humans from dirt on earth.

i'm out
thanks so far and I appropriate. The reason i gave reference to that God is that no other God have record of creation other than the same God the Muslim, Christian and Jews gave creation lordship to...

The earth existed before. Its without form and shapeless according to the bible. And remold it, just like other planted that existed.

Not that I believe this creation.

There are so many question my brother.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by qstar(m): 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
Reyginus: Lol. On a serious note, the way the op addressed us, I was expecting to see the highest level of thinking here. Lol.

The OP sef na mumu o
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
qstar:

The OP sef na mumu.
Just feels like showing off some puerile thoughts here.
Lol.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by qstar(m): 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
Reyginus: Lol.

I swear. The guy has nothing reasonable to offer.

See comment

Joel3: currently I think my brain is above religion or atheism.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by qstar(m): 11:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by macof(m): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2014
emtimes: What u posted is mans foolishness. do you think u made urself? do u know all the thoughts in you God gave u the ability to think them. so if u aint thinking by ur power instead u were giving the wisdom to then, shut up and follow the one who gave U. the question is who gave u? either nature, devil or God. the answer is the one who says he is their creator.GOD

For the sake of better understanding..define God.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by macof(m): 12:25am On Jul 21, 2014
UrbanMystique: 1, if universe created god, then god is the universe.
2, if god created universe, then he must be out of this universe to create this universe. (e.g its impossible to be in a computer to create a computer)
3, if universe created god, why do we have to worship god and not the universe? the god's god. the universe is the almighty. because without universe there wont be any god.

finally, this topic get as e be.

God itself is the universe...God is nothing but a personified concept

1 Like

Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by macof(m): 12:32am On Jul 21, 2014
UrbanMystique: i gave 3 options there..
okay, now that you agree that universe is endless (which to me could 50:50), you cancelled out option 2.
which means its impossible for god to create the universe.

now left with option, 1 and 3.

if universe created god, what is the point of worshiping god and not universe. which brings follow up question, if universe can be very intelligent enough to create a god, how are we sure it isnt the same universe that created humans and put the gods to lord of humans like we lord over other animals? or of what use is god to universe?

The universe is not after our worship...but indirectly all we do honours the universe

your God whatever God it is, doesn't exist. It's jst a human concept trying to explain the universe
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by macof(m): 12:35am On Jul 21, 2014
emtimes: u got it, space cannot be God and, space seems to be a thing, it must be created by something who is not a thing but a superbeing. God might have not mention space cause it didnt concern us

Lol grin. You right tho, space is a result of a superbeing,but letting us that superbeing is jehovah is simply ridiculous
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Weah96: 12:36am On Jul 21, 2014
plaetton:

Consciousness, scientifically speaking, is field of quantized bits interaction. Interactions of energy. In other words, when energy interacts, a quanta of consciousness is created.
Understanding this can enable us understand all natural and supernatural phenomena in the universe.

You're absolutely right. Except we are constantly being bombarded by different types of energy at any given moment. The most important are the photons that reflect off the retina. Coincidentally, the pineal gland, the source of mammalian DMT, also has its own retina, complete with cones and rods! Why is a retina buried deep within the human skull? The only logical explanation is that we can access photons without the eyes. But only if we manage to eliminate the other types of energies from our awareness. That's where the entheogens come in. Or REM sleep.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by macof(m): 12:38am On Jul 21, 2014
emtimes: alright the space do concerns us but not in religious way, God is not trying to teach us what we can do with the space all he did in the bible was to show us he is the supreme God and draw us back to him i think thats why has to tell us breifly on his creation days.

God didn't show you anything..it's nt the creator's duty to show you his nature..it's for you to find that out with Nature

The Bible is simply a book of men
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by macof(m): 12:40am On Jul 21, 2014
owendei: how did d universe come to exist?

The universe has always existed, but it's current state is a result of expansion
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by macof(m): 12:46am On Jul 21, 2014
Joel3: thanks so far and I appropriate. The reason i gave reference to that God is that no other God have record of creation other than the same God the Muslim, Christian and Jews gave creation lordship to...

The earth existed before. Its without form and shapeless according to the bible. And remold it, just like other planted that existed.

Not that I believe this creation.

There are so many question my brother.

And you haven't been exposed to other creation stories...
A pity really
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by smartn09(m): 5:21am On Jul 21, 2014
There is team of enquries going on, on how the universe came to be since the xtian views are not generally accepted and some hv refuted Darwins' some hv reported that the universe ar the men and men invented all gods in there likeness, that without men there's no universe.Many philosophers are on the verge of this right now & seeks intelligent view as well to conclude the investigation, so ur idea may be necessary too.Remember no one were born with any religion not until you choose .
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by opportunist: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2014
Here's the thing I'm the only real being all you folks are just game characters in the worst sand box game of 2069 world stimulator3 anyway having bleeped so many big butt ghana hoes I'm getting kinda bored of d game so I guess its tym to exit. But b4 that let me see how year 2015 plays out in nigeria. just love chaos ha ha ha. Bye suckers.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Joel3(m): 11:03am On Jul 21, 2014
macof:

And you haven't been exposed to other creation stories...
A pity really
there are many creation theories but they are not popular. I am only giving example.
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
plaetton:

Consciousness, scientifically speaking, is field of quantized bits of interaction. Interactions of energy. In other words, when energy interacts, a quanta of consciousness is created. When these quanta or quantum aggregate to a certain mathematical threshold, a field of consciousness is generated that basically assumes a course of its own.

Plaetton my good friend is coming along nicely...

So you basically agree, on some level, that we might have ourselves a conscious universe?
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
opportunist: Here's the thing I'm the only real being all you folks are just game characters in the worst sand box game of 2069 world stimulator3 anyway having bleeped so many big butt ghana hoes I'm getting kinda bored of d game so I guess its tym to exit. But b4 that let me see how year 2015 plays out in nigeria. just love chaos ha ha ha. Bye suckers.

It might appear that you are trolling. But the enormity of what you just said might even be lost on you...
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Joel3: it's possible because the space is first before anything. So over a trillion years the space can create God.

Let me tell you something. The christian God according to the bible created the earth. Not the universe. It was never recorded that the bible God created the universe. The genesis only only talking about the earth. So its possible that there might be many God who created another earth somewhere.

You're making sense...
Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by plaetton: 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Plaetton my good friend is coming along nicely...

So you basically agree, on some level, that we might have ourselves a conscious universe?

Yes sir, I do.
Since we are conscious products of the universe, it would make sense that the same dynamic physics would have also, long before us, made the universe conscious.
But, I reiterate that the universe, just like life, evolved and is still evolving.
Also, that consciousness did not create the universe, but is a by-product of energy interactions within the universe.
Thus,this evolved field of consciousness now put the universe in a course and directs the evolution of all things within universe, notably biological life as we know it.

1 Like

Re: For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] by Joel3(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

You're making sense...
Good one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. / See The Head Of Goliath / 'suicidal' Nickelodeon Star Kel Mitchell Finds 'peace' After Turning To Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.