Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,146 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Holy Ghost Fire And Fire From Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Ghost Fire And Fire From Heaven. (2216 Views)

Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? / Man Mocks Angry Pastor In Paris As He Was Shouting "Holy Ghost Fire" (pic,video) / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holy Ghost Fire And Fire From Heaven. by AdeniyiA(m): 12:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
What's the difference between these two fires? because i once heard they're different and are frequently being abused .
more enlightenment pls
These verses talked about the consuming, destroying, burning... nature of fire from heaven ..
Genesis 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
2 Kings 1:10 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
1 Chronicles 21:26 And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the LORD; and he answered him from heaven by fire upon the altar of burnt offering.
Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

The verses below showed Holy ghost fire as a cleansing, purifying, ..spirit ,
Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

cc OLAADEGBU
Re: Holy Ghost Fire And Fire From Heaven. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
AdeniyiA:
What's the difference between these two fires? because i once heard they're different and are

frequently being abused .
more enlightenment pls
These verses talked about the consuming, destroying, burning... nature of fire from heaven ..
Genesis 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
2 Kings 1:10 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
1 Chronicles 21:26 And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the LORD; and he answered him from heaven by fire upon the altar of burnt offering.
Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

The verses below showed Holy ghost fire as a cleansing, purifying, ..spirit ,
Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

cc OLAADEGBU

From the top of my head I believe that the Holy Ghost fire is the same. If He falls on sinners they get destroyed but when He falls on the righteous they get purified, the filthiness in them gets purified and cleansed. It depend on who is receiving the fire of the Holy Spirit. It's just like the refiner's fire that purifies gold by burning off all the impurities, chaff therein leaving it with pure gold.
Re: Holy Ghost Fire And Fire From Heaven. by AdeniyiA(m): 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

From the top of my head I believe that the Holy Ghost fire is the same. If He falls on sinners they get destroyed but when He falls on the righteous they get purified, the filthiness in them gets purified and cleansed. It depend on who is receiving the fire of the Holy Spirit. It's just like the refiner's fire that purifies gold by burning off all the impurities, chaff therein leaving it with pure gold.

I think the fire don't DESTROY sinners but CONVICT them of their sins &ultimately save them...
Re: Holy Ghost Fire And Fire From Heaven. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
AdeniyiA:

I think the fire don't DESTROY sinners but CONVICT them of their sins &ultimately save them...

That is correct my brother. He convinces, convicts, converts and then consecrates those who are willing and obedient. He consumes every impurity in the lives of His people but it is this same fire that will consume all who oppose Him, but we do not need to fear the fire of God if we are covered by the purifying blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31)

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/consuming-fire.html#ixzz3dbehHeZs

(1) (Reply)

Are Cryptocurrencies Fulfiling Bible Scriptures of one world currency? / The thought of heaven fills me and I can't describe the feeling oh / Christianity Is Not The True Religion, Its Satanic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.