Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model (35424 Views)

Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels / Experts In Any Model Of Hyundia Cars / EYE CANDY: Modified Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
lomomike:

Its said, when you go the way of a 6 cylinder (as the minimum number of cylinders) there aint going back. Welcome to the club of the 6sixes bro!

Thanks bros can't wait for tomorrow...

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by KA24DETT(m): 12:03am On Aug 07, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Well the 2.4L I4 does it in bout 6.4sec (2012 SE 3.5 V6 in 5.7secs)

Mine does it in 6.1/6.2sec....Lighter wheels n a half tank of gas grin

You must be dreaming .. 6.1 for 2.4l Camry at almost 3500lb lol.
Guy that's a 7-8sec car

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by KA24DETT(m): 12:12am On Aug 07, 2014
lomomike:

True, even with their SAV's as is the case with most or all German SUVs don't attempt to run them with your JapSUV's. I out ran a toyota V8 4runner when I still had my QX4 but I couldn't even out do a German, I switched to a RX AWD I felt its gonna be a new case but still they still trash the hell out[color=#990000][/color] of the RX. So the moral is unless you've got way much power and performance modification effect on your Japmobile, don't attempt running against a German no matter the engine size, its almost gonna be futile.

It depends bro , don't generalize . G37 can still keep up and outrun Audi A4 (not S4) (German ). BMW 335i will sweat it but the jury is still out on that one .
So yeah, the Japanese are coming up now.
I have Been on both sides of the fence. Japanese now German.
An Infiniti Fx 35 with the VQ engine still got a ridiculous amount of torque and a faster 0-60 than an Ml.

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 8:17am On Aug 07, 2014
KA24DETT:

You must be dreaming .. 6.1 for 2.4l Camry at almost 3500lb lol.
Guy that's a 7-8sec car

Yeah I think that day I must have been intoxicated from the night before cheesy
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 8:34am On Aug 07, 2014
Do keep your modded Camrys coming....

Here's a sleeper(it's got a front mount)

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Well the 2.4L I4 does it in bout 6.4sec (2012 SE 3.5 V6 in 5.7secs)

Mine does it in 6.1/6.2sec....Lighter wheels n a half tank of gas grin

The info above is misleading...ripped it of toyotanation...apparently these did not happen in a bone "stock" Camry. And these were V6 variants!...my apologies.

Corrected times.
0-60: 8.6 sec
1/4 mile: 16.0 sec on an

My own Camry (Ran it yesterday nite - Quarter tank of gas-STANDSTILL)
0-60: 8.1sec

Apparently stupidity was the case for the earlier post on the 0-60 time...I did that on a rolling start.since I needed to launch at 3500rpm
0-60

Thanks to KA24DETT...for publicly pointing out my DUI problems grin.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 10:14am On Aug 07, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

The info above is misleading...ripped it of toyotanation...apparently these did not happen in a bone "stock" Camry. And these were V6 variants!...my apologies.

Corrected times.
0-60: 8.6 sec
1/4 mile: 16.0 sec on an

My own Camry (Ran it yesterday nite - Quarter tank of gas-STANDSTILL)
0-60: 8.1sec

Apparently stupidity was the case for the earlier post on the 0-60 time...I did that on a rolling start.since I needed to launch at 3500rpm
0-60

Thanks to KA24DETT...for publicly pointing out my DUI problems grin.
good one sir. What would it be like having a TRD kit in your Camry...? The only setback would be the FWD platform.
I miss seeing the RWD Toyota Supra.
There's one just at the gate of my Mechanic's workshop...i think an '03 model. It has a faulty Gearbox...
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by tdie: 10:21am On Aug 07, 2014
@ Yungboss...
How far with our Porsche project nah? You just hang all man for mid air...! :-)
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 10:26am On Aug 07, 2014
tdie: @ Yungboss...
How far with our Porsche project nah? You just hang all man for mid air...! :-)
bros, those guys selling it are trying to be something else, I can't really explain what their intentions are for not selling it now.
all they tell me is "hold on, let's sort out some things first" the owner and his Brother,I think,have an axe to grind. My payment was rejected,was asked to wait. So I'm waiting...
I had made deposit which was eventually refunded...
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2014
yungboss:
good one sir. What would it be like having a TRD kit in your Camry...? The only setback would be the FWD platform.
I miss seeing the RWD Toyota Supra.
There's one just at the gate of my Mechanic's workshop...i think an '03 model. It has a faulty Gearbox...

Yes oh!...I do drool over it.set back is it doesn't come cheap.

Funny though I'm thinking of another car..Preferably a RWD bmw. Got ma eyes set on an m3 coupe.

Itl take loads of cash before I can match up to being called "TERROR CAMO" grin

That toyota supra 03 would be a good project car
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Yes oh!...I do drool over it.set back is it doesn't come cheap.

Funny though I'm thinking of another car..Preferably a RWD bmw. Got ma eyes set on an m3 coupe.

Itl take loads of cash before I can match up to being called "TERROR CAMO" grin

That toyota supra 03 would be a good project car
Nissan supra rwd or infiniti G35 rwd coupe or or 35x will do the magic
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 07, 2014
While it may not win in corners (but where in Nigeria is any high speed corner), you guys should consider the Camaro/TransAm.

They already come with the LT1 350 V8 (5.7 liters) the SS and I think they call it Firehawk comes with the LS1.

Gas and ground clearance will be an issue though.

I envy you guys and your fancies, as for me this is my ultimate Naija ride

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by lungwun(m): 12:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
CityNG, I like the way you think. I had also considered the F body Camaro and I know, performance wise, it's a lot better than the equivalent Mustang GT. But I can't get over how ugly it looks. A Z28/SS will make an excellent speed racer.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
lomomike:
Nissan supra rwd or infiniti G35 rwd coupe or or 35x will do the magic
Toyota Supra
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 8:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
yungboss:
Toyota Supra

I also agree...2JZ over a VQ, we'll that's unless it's on a nissan GTR grin
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
For that choice of car for Nigerian roads(trust me I'd also choose of sort)...it sure means CityNG has sure had it with being stuck in da mud - Or has it in for our very patient Nigerian road users!
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
yungboss:
Toyota Supra
oops sorry I meant to type Nissan skyline.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Supra
My former neighbors Supra was A very sick one
Everything modified ..With high engine tunning producing over 800hp
O.m.g
The bitc-h was fast
I raced him with my h22a swapped civic
My civic was also crazy I spent a lot of cash on tunning the ride
We almost had a draw he flushed me out.. cry cry cry
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 7:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Readone35L: Supra
My former neighbors Supra was A very sick one
Everything modified ..With high engine tunning producing over 800hp
O.m.g
The bitc-h was fast
I raced him with my h22a swapped civic
My civic was also crazy I spent a lot of cash on tunning the ride
We almost had a draw he flushed me out.. cry cry cry
the 2001 Lexus IS300 has the same platform as the supra, 2jz I think, that engine can be modified for real power...
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 08, 2014
yungboss:
the 2001 Lexus IS300 has the same platform as the supra, 2jz I think, that engine can be modified for real power...
Am telling you that 2jz is a beast
I'll post some videos later
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Ultimate Supra.The Almighty 2JZ Mk4
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 08, 2014

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 08, 2014
Videos won't play inside the forum anymore angry

U can open d link tho
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Readone35L: Videos won't play inside the forum anymore angry

U can open d link tho
Because you're usin a mobile phone to post the link
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 08, 2014
lomomike:
Because you're usin a mobile phone to post the link

I hardly use my PC this days
Even with my iPad yday it did d same
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Jacksolo4me: For that choice of car for Nigerian roads(trust me I'd also choose of sort)...it sure means CityNG has sure had it with being stuck in da mud - Or has it in for our very patient Nigerian road users!

Neither.

It's just what makes sense to me.

Solid axles, ground clearance, aluminum body, diesel engine, room for anything anyone should reasonably have to carry.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by lungwun(m): 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
How reliable are P38 Range Rovers. That could be a decent 4x4. Providing it is reliable, which I doubt.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Shagati(m): 12:27am On Aug 10, 2014
Been following this thread silently. Saw the red V6 XLE below on Herbert Macauley earlier today.
Nice LEDs at the rear and aftermarket wheels. Sorry didn't get the wheels smiley

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 10, 2014
Shagati: Been following this thread silently. Saw the red V6 XLE below on Herbert Macauley earlier today.
Nice LEDs at the rear and aftermarket wheels. Sorry didn't get the wheels smiley

The 2011-2012 post-facelift camry had LED tail lamps which replaced the conventional bulb type.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
Old time pics....Keep Em modded Camrys Coming..... cheesy

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Shagati: Been following this thread silently. Saw the red V6 XLE below on Herbert Macauley earlier today.
is that ur BMW 325 hood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet This Mechanophiliac That Has Sex With His Car / Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon / Bentley Unveils Its 2019 Continental GT Convertible - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.