Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

“I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn (2692 Views)

Ekitigate: Aluko Is A Liar – Ubah Reacts To $2m Offer To Fayose / Gov Fayose And Ex-Gov Fayemi Shake Hands In Public. [photo] / 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by ochejoseph(m): 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
By Dare Lawal

Kayode Fayemi, the governor of Ekiti state, was widely hailed and praised when he chose to “concede” to Ayo Fayose, the PDP candidate who defeated him in last month’s governorship election in the state. Fayemi was hailed as a different breed of politician.

His party however was not too impressed with his move. It has been making statements condemning the Ekiti election and now Fayemi, in an interview – the first since his loss – which he granted to Dapo Thomas, a journalist and university teacher who also writes for Sunday Sun, Fay­emi said that he never conceded the election to Fayose and asked doubters to read the transcript of his post-election broadcast again.

“Anyone who understands the English lan­guage well would know that that speech was not the concession speech that many people are talking about. Yes, I have said I won’t chal­lenge the election in court and congratulated Mr Fayose, but that’s not tantamount to accept­ing the result. That’s about saving Ekiti.”

The full interview, which is quite read full it

http://tsuntsumediaservices..com/2014/07/i-never-conceded-election-to-fayose-gov.html
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
With this mixture of political comedians and islamist extrimists in APC, I think PDP will rule for more than 60 years

19 Likes

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Firefire(m): 11:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Fayemi, don't cry over spilt milk again sad

Fayemi why crying when your head is off kosi ori eee ni beee {Your head no dey there}

12 Likes

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Smartsyn(m): 12:00am On Jul 21, 2014
Why am I not surprise, I didn't expect anything less...
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Mogidi: 4:27am On Jul 21, 2014
I feel sorry for Fayemi, am sure Tinubu took him to a quiet room and with help from thugs beat the hell out of Fayemi.

Fayemi now looks very pathetic, how was this dithering man allowed to run a state for that long?

Ekpele O o o!!

9 Likes

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by JustCurious: 4:52am On Jul 21, 2014
ochejoseph:
His party however was not too impressed with his move. It has been making statements condemning the Ekiti election and now Fayemi, in an interview – the first since his loss – which he granted to Dapo Thomas, a journalist and university teacher who also writes for Sunday Sun, Fay­emi said that he never conceded the election to Fayose and asked doubters to read the transcript of his post-election broadcast again.

Anyone who understands the English lan­guage well would know that that speech was not the concession speech that many people are talking about. Yes, I have said I won’t chal­lenge the election in court and congratulated Mr Fayose, but that’s not tantamount to accept­ing the result. That’s about saving Ekiti.”

Poor him.
I guess he couldn't withstand the heat from his political party anymore.

Accepting defeat is not a sign of weakness, but strenght.

That highlighted part is a national insult. Undoubtedly, there must be very insignificantly few people who understand English so well..

2 Likes

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 21, 2014
This is how APC will keep losing and crying IJN

4 Likes

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Omexonomy: 6:48am On Jul 21, 2014
JustCurious:

Poor him.

Edited: that highlighted part is a national insult. Undoubtedly, there must be very insignificantly few people who understand English so well..
önly Yoruba people in their mumu sophistcation undestand english.

1 Like

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Omexonomy: 6:52am On Jul 21, 2014
Mogidi: I feel sorry for Fayemi, am sure Tinubu took him to a quiet room and with help from thugs beat the hell out of Fayemi.

Fayemi now looks very pathetic, how was this dithering man allowed to run a state for that long?

Ekpele O o o!!
i withness the pumelling and beating of fayemi by some agbero imported from lagos by an and in the presence of tinubu. He was latter given a script to read from like a kindergateen.

2 Likes

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by donphilopus: 6:55am On Jul 21, 2014
Omexonomy: önly Yoruba people in their mumu sophistcation undestand english.

Eboe boy, how far?!

1 Like

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Amanwulu1(m): 6:56am On Jul 21, 2014
heeee Fayemi Na wa o! I give up on naija politicians.
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by donphilopus: 6:58am On Jul 21, 2014
Omexonomy: i withness the pumelling and beating of fayemi by some agbero imported from lagos by an and in the presence of tinubu. He was latter given a script to read from like a kindergateen.

The same way your so-called PhD Holder, President has been reading books meant for Senior Sec. School Students in Aso Rock?!
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Omexonomy: 7:09am On Jul 21, 2014
donphilopus:

Eboe boy, how far?!
musha avu dashi
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by akumada1: 7:24am On Jul 21, 2014
The only different btw politicians and comedians is that, politicians use media house to make people laugh while comedians use hotels, stadium and theater complex.

2 Likes

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2014
APC =LIES AND DECEITS

3 Likes

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Itoroetti(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2014
JustCurious:

Poor him.

Edited: that highlighted part is a national insult. Undoubtedly, there must be very insignificantly few people who understand English so well..

u are very correct.
pls how do u hightlight
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Itoroetti(m): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2014
it is their trademark.
it is in their gene.afterall,buhari openly said he wont go to court if he lose in 2011,but what happened after d election?
buhari also said he wont recontest after 2011,what are we witnessing right now?

1 Like

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 21, 2014
I refused to join the bandwagon of those that hailed Fayemi as a different breed of politician. I also take exceptions to calling him an intellectual. Why is he an intellectual? Ph.d?

Fayemi is a man who does not know his left from right, that Tinubu foisted on Ekiti people. When he got into office, he kept borrowing away the future of Ekiti people to finance projects that were over-invoiced and the kickbacks returned to him and his overlord. This is how APC loots public treasury.

He neglected the welfare of the people that voted him into power. He was banking on the permutation that the people of the South west had always played opposition politics, from Awo's time. The people voted him out and he knows it. This is why he has become a bitter man.

Nigerians are now aware that the PDP is better than APC. If not the person of Omisore, Osun too would have fallen with ease.

4 Likes

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 8:22am On Jul 21, 2014
Fayemi is a supporter of APC...supporters of APC tell lies for a living.

1 Like

Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by bloodyassassin: 8:52am On Jul 21, 2014
donphilopus:

The same way your so-called PhD Holder, President has been reading books meant for Senior Sec. School Students in Aso Rock?!

bastard vulture
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by jmaine: 8:56am On Jul 21, 2014
Omexonomy: önly Yoruba people in their mumu sophistcation undestand english.

Foolish generalization, am sure it was the "mumu" yorubas who voted Fayose in . . . . .
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Omexonomy: 9:24am On Jul 21, 2014
jmaine:

Foolish generalization, am sure it was the "mumu" yorubas who voted Fayose in . . . . .
mr. Jamiu son of musiwa1 how you dey.
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Symphony007: 9:42am On Jul 21, 2014
I doubt this report. I don't think a smart man like fayemi will make a big fool out of himself. His party has bungled their response to the ekiti elections, he should retain whatever shred of dignity and integrity he still has left. The people pick thuggery over competence. Let them enjoy the consequences, step off the stage.
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by jmaine: 10:30am On Jul 21, 2014
Omexonomy: mr. Jamiu son of musiwa1 how you dey.

Mr Olodo like you.
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by ggrin(f): 10:34am On Jul 21, 2014
jst googleangry who's nigeria current vp An I found no result shocked, lmao then Who is the Vice President of Nigeriagrinlipsrsealed
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by JustCurious: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2014
Itoroetti:

u are very correct.
pls how do u hightlight

To highlight a text, all you have to do is to add [ b ] before the text and [ /b ] after the text. PS: without the spaces
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by jmaine: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2014
Symphony007: I doubt this report. I don't think a smart man like fayemi will make a big fool out of himself. His party has bungled their response to the ekiti elections, he should retain whatever shred of dignity and integrity he still has left. The people pick thuggery over competence. Let them enjoy the consequences, step off the stage.

You should stick to your Rivers Politics and not dabble into unknown territory.

The Ekiti people who have tested both personalities in power know better and have given their emphatic reply.
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by DonaldGenes(m): 10:44am On Jul 21, 2014
ochejoseph: "Anyone who understands the English lan­guage"
Literally speaking, Is Gov Kayode wittingly or unwittingly saying Nigerians (Anyone can be me or you) didn't go to school or what?

Sticks and stones, Is he calling the "Voting process" a bluff? "The very same process that gave him the Governorship position

Anywhere, I am not surprised
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Hangard: 10:55am On Jul 21, 2014
ggrin: jst googleangry who's nigeria current vp An I found no result shocked, lmao then Who is the Vice President of Nigeriagrinlipsrsealed
Are you high check this and report back to me.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_Nigeria
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by talktimi(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2014
shocked shocked CHOI !!! THE DEVIL IS A LIAR shocked undecided
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by rozayx5(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2014
jweeds have one thing in common

-- deceit --
Re: “I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn by Itoroetti(m): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
JustCurious:

[b]To highlight a text, all you have to do is to add [ b ] before the text and [ /b ] after the [/b]text.PS: without the spaces

ok.tanx

just did dat with ur sample of text,but it didnt work

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Is Already Displaced, Jonathan Is Going Down!! / Female GEJ trekker quits!!! See tweets / A Plea For The Release Of Chief James Ibori.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.