Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,440 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

NYCN Flays Arewa, Ijaw Youths Over War Threats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYCN Flays Arewa, Ijaw Youths Over War Threats (471 Views)

Buhari’s Certificate: Defence Minister Flays Minimah Over Scandal / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum / Boko-Haram Declare War On Borno, Yobe Youths Over Vigilante Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYCN Flays Arewa, Ijaw Youths Over War Threats by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 21, 2014
National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) has condemned the threats of war and call for dissolution of the country by the Ijaw Youths Council (IYC) and the Arewa Youths Forum (AYF), over the contentious issues of derivation formula and the 2015 re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan.

The President of NYCN, Mr. Yakubu Shendam, said this in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, yesterday at an emergency National Executive Committee meeting of the body. He described those involved in the calls for war and dissolution of the country as enemies of the country.

Shendam, who is a delegate to the national conference, said though President Jonathan’s re-election in 2015 was not negotiable, the security agencies should arrest the leaders of the AYF and the IYC for fanning ember of division in the country.

“Those calling for the division of this country are the enemies of Nigeria and they should be arrested. The unity of this country cannot be negotiated. Today, I am on the soil of the Niger Delta and I am enjoying myself.

“Despite the drums of war by these dissident youths, the youths of the country would rally round Jonathan and give him another four years in 2015. The President of this country is from Niger Delta and we are going to give him another four years. I am from the North and we are going to vote for him to contest again in 2015. It is not negotiable. The apex body of the NYCN has one voice and that voice is Jonathan.

“I have friends from the Niger Delta. Those calling for break-up of the country are enemies of this country. They have nothing to tell the people. Nigeria will remain one. We are all brothers. We cannot go apart.”

Shendam, who noted that the country will not survive amidst the current security challenges, called on those sponsoring the insurgency to stop and have a rethink.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/07/nycn-flays-arewa-ijaw-youths-over-war-threats.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GEJ'S Impeachment Of "Coward" Governors, Good Or Bad???? / What Do You Think Of The Apc And Pdp. / Dhq:technician Of The #NAF Mi-35 Helicopter#mia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.