Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? (532 Views)

Interprete Your Username / Why Did You Choose Your Username? / How Did You Come About Nl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? by tonyx4x44(m): 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
My story

My name is Tony, "obviously" and here is how i came up with my username...

*Starting out with tony and as expected it has been used by about 34667 people, by the way i like something special and exclusive to me, so i set out for a hunt for the perfect username.

*Started out by adding an "x" (my favourite letter; don't ask me why).

*didn't like it too much because it looked funny and probably because a Google search for the username will be perceived by Google as a failed attempt at spelling "onyx"

* i advanced by adding a "4" my favourite number (not in anyway associated with cultism or allied activities) which readily comes to mind because i have 3 siblings and also a car can only take that amount of extra passengers; not taking the popular practice of overloading in Nigeria into consideration. i now hard "tonyx4"

* this look kinda imbalanced and ugly so i added an "x" to even it out = tonyx4x

* then i added two "4"s for no given reason...

product = tonyx4x44 which looks kinda cool, well to me.

N.B: this extremely tasking and complicated mental activities occurred over a period 2 years long before i met Nairaland.

Now how did you create yours?
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? by Tannie(f): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
My user name is not any way related to my real name.
I love reading novels. I was reading one of Danielle Steel's book "the ranch" fell in love with one of the characters and decided to use her name as my monicker
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? by Gooci(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
gooci... all the way from gucci mane. i de await spacegoat and madcow own grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? by Uchwilliam(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Uchenna(Uch) + william
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? by pendusky(m): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
PENDUSKY has never been used anyway In the world!

When I was in secondary school I wrote 8 things that will define me in future I scramble the word and I get Pendusky! pronounced PEN-DUS-KEY.

most people don't really know my real name unless I tell them!

I remember when my friend came to my place asked my dad, "sire pls am looking for pendusky" hehehehehe, thank God now my dad is conversant with the name! grin
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? by tonyx4x44(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Gooci: gooci... all the way from gucci mane. i de await spacegoat and madcow own grin

grin grin grin i dey really wait for spacegoat own
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? by tonyx4x44(m): 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
pendusky: PENDUSKY has never been used anyway In the world!

When I was in secondary school I wrote 8 things that will define me in future I scramble the word and I get Pendusky! pronounced PEN-DUS-KEY.

most people don't really know my real name unless I tell them!

I remember when my friend came to my place asked my dad, "sire pls am looking for pendusky" hehehehehe, thank God now my dad is conversant with the name! grin

incomplete metamorphosis

tell us the 8 na!
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username/login Name? by tonyx4x44(m): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
thread closed due to inactivity

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Teen Arrested After Killing Brother, Brutalising Mother In New York. / Are Herbal Slimming Pills Effective In Burning Excess Body Fat? / Boko Haram: "Embrace Amnesty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.