Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,240 members, 7,953,908 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:45 AM

What Happens After The Fact? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Happens After The Fact? (1562 Views)

What Happens On The Onome Rig At Cms Bus Stop / Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact / Fact On Libyan’s Revolt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens After The Fact? by NegroNtns(m): 11:55pm On Oct 11, 2008
Given the nature and the unpredictability of this election, America will not be clear on which candidate has won the electoral vote until December 16th. It might even prolong beyond that if there are any legal challenges.

For those supporting the Democrat platform, how would you react if McCain wins?

For those supporting Republican platform, how would you react to an Obama win?

Lets hear it.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Ibime(m): 12:11am On Oct 12, 2008
I don't care if McCain wins as long as Palin's power is downgraded.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by tpia: 12:15am On Oct 12, 2008
oh God, not another George Bush and Florida circus. undecided

But from all indications, it does seem like Obama is leading?
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Oct 12, 2008
@Poster, I do hope it does not turn into another FLORIDA fiasco.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 12, 2008
If McCain wins, I hope he lives longer than 4 yrs
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 12, 2008
Who cares,. . . . . . . . after all America is headed for self-destruction anyway?
However, it looks like it will be faster with Mccain in charge. tongue

Americans will pay for their ignorance and arrogance soon as this time, even atheist will campaign for the destruction of the country.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 13, 2008
"It does not concerns me what happens to the rat, says the cow. A few weeks later, the cow got slaughtered as funeral meal for the farmer's wife who stepped on the rat trap"
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2008
I want Obama to win because Republicans can't reason with their heads, are very ignorant, are hate-mongers and war-mongers, while Obama and the Democrats have better reasoning faculties, have better programs for the poor and disenfranchised, and are interested in seeing every American have health insurance; unlike the Republicans who are okay with people arguing with satanically greedy insurance companies on whether to cover the treatment costs of a dying woman's cancer - Obama's mom cry
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by NegroNtns(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ruby,

Wow, that says it all!! Thank You for that wise input, short but straight to the point.

@Post,

On legal challenges,

1. if there's margin of victory for Obama will ACORN be sued?

2. will there be defections in electoral college votes?

3. will Secretaries of State represent the power of Office or can we expect their loyalty to be aligned with party?

I am voting Republican platform but if Obama wins then I expect the following:

1. expansion of rights for homosexuals, to include legal definitions on marriage

2. redistribution of districts and constituents, primarily targeted for voter drives

3. worsening of international relations with US loosing more control to Russia and China

4. reversal of gains made in the Middle East

5. Israel will strike unilaterally into Arab lands

6. EU will dominate Global treaties

7. Hillary, if nominated for Supreme Court will not win

8. Pelosi may become Vice President

9. With Executive and Legislative in the hands of Democrats, Republicans will use the Judiciary as a stronghold on amendments or changes in legal interpretations of key issues, abortion being one of them.

10. Obama will finish first term in office but will not win a second term because he would have failed in 2012 to accomplish much of what he speaks and advocates strongly for and he will then be seen, as he is now, as a man of words but no action.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by KarmaMod(f): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ibime:

I don't care if McCain wins as long as Palin's power is downgraded.

Seriously.

If anything it's Palin that's bothering me, not McCain
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by omoge(f): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2008
same here. . . that her fake hockey mom smile grin
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by NegroNtns(m): 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2008
Seriously.

If anything it's Palin that's bothering me, not McCain

C'mon, you all stop hating on the reformer. We need women like her in Nigeria to take on those dirty old, conniving politicians. This is woman's strength and for all of you wanting recognition for feminine power she is a pacesetter. True she might not be a Hillary or a Condoleeza, but in her own capacity she is a model and ought to be embraced.

Right, Karma?
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by KarmaMod(f): 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
Obviously you are drunk
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by BEDEIKE(m): 2:00am On Oct 14, 2008
hello ur da bomb
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Kobojunkie: 2:19am On Oct 14, 2008
Palin was only introduced to us early in September but long before then, McCain hate-posts have been available on Nairaland, posts by some of the very same people who now claim the only reason they are against McCain is Palin, has been surfacing on here. Do we have our time lines warped or something?? roflmao!!

Negro_Ntns:

1. expansion of rights for homosexuals, to include legal definitions on marriage

2. redistribution of districts and constituents, primarily targeted for voter drives

3. worsening of international relations with US loosing more control to Russia and China

4. reversal of gains made in the Middle East

5. Israel will strike unilaterally into Arab lands

6. EU will dominate Global treaties

7. Hillary, if nominated for Supreme Court will not win

8. Pelosi may become Vice President

9. With Executive and Legislative in the hands of Democrats, Republicans will use the Judiciary as a stronghold on amendments or changes in legal interpretations of key issues, abortion being one of them.

10. Obama will finish first term in office but will not win a second term because he would have failed in 2012 to accomplish much of what he speaks and advocates strongly for and he will then be seen, as he is now, as a man of words but no action.

I am voting Republican this year because

(And yes, I know there are those who will try to tell me this or that but I am sorry, you will be talking to a BRICK WALL, so spare yourselves.)

1) In Obama's tax plan, there is a chance I might end up paying more in taxes than I am comfortable with. The thought of paying more than I already do so that some persons somewhere can get free checks in the mail, tears me to pieces. I already give so much of my earnings away to charities. What more do they want?? ROFLMAO!!! . . . yes. . . I am selfish !!!

2) I don't believe Obama is the man for the job; not at this critical time.

3) Nancy Pelosi has given me all the reasons to vote republican with no guilt this year. After 2 years in control, all we have gotten from the house is excuses upon excuses why they have not been able to do anything, even as majority. It is like all she has done since she has taken office is whine about how the republicans do not do as she says while she has yet to show that the democrats are united on any of the issues that matter. Considering that she has accomplished next to nothing but has given us a mouthful about how the republicans are still to blame, I am sick of it.

4) I don't believe Obama can do much to stand up to the likes of Russia or Iraq, should  that need arise. He may have Biden but since I am casting my vote for the man to be president, I rather choose someone I actually believe can handle the job, than put my hope in someone who has not yet to be proven able to handle such.

5)When it comes to the economy, I really do not believe any of the two has the magic salve to cure this. We, the american people, made this happen. We made bad choices, and it only makes sense that our own actions can bring us out of this when we are ready. Not some politician somewhere, or some so called "bailout", so I only hope that at some point, we face the consequence of our actions and get this behind us soonest.

6) I am anti-abortion.

There are definitely more reasons but this is the much I can post for now.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by tpia: 2:31am On Oct 14, 2008
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by KarmaMod(f): 3:03am On Oct 14, 2008
Crack junkie, stfu. Unless you can quote "said" person, keep your passive aggressive bullshit to yourself retarded house nigger.

tpia:

However, no biggie. I understand your need to stay out of the Chinese concentration camps. The internet is closely monitored in China, and you wouldnt want to say anything nasty about the place make them no pepper your mouth.

grin

Tpia, you slay me.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by NegroNtns(m): 3:04am On Oct 14, 2008
Obviously you are drunk

No doubt, had too much milk - lactated too loong!   cheesy
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Oct 14, 2008
KarmaMod:

Crack junkie, stfu. Unless you can quote "said" person, keep your passive aggressive bullshit to yourself retarded house nigger.

grin

Tpia, you slay me.

Ever go back over your posts on here?? Not a single actual post to show that you can put together some form of reasonable arguement. All you do is insult those who have opposing views and nothing more. I find it hard to belief that you are actually a female cause females usually think before they speak, even online. How were you raised?? Who raised you?
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by nguage(m): 3:14am On Oct 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Ever go back over your posts on here?? Not a single actual post to show that you can put together some form of reasonable arguement. All you do is insult those who have opposing views and nothing more. I find it hard to belief that you are actually a female cause females usually think before they speak, even online. How were you raised?? Who raised you?

You should be the last person to accuse anyone for unreasonable arguments. She called you a house nigger, isn't that what you are?
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Oct 14, 2008
n-guage:

You should be the last person to accuse anyone for unreasonable arguments. She called you a house nigger, isn't that what you are?

Let me indulge for a second or two  What makes me a house nigger? please explain how you came to that there. So in your wonderful REASONABLE way, you believe that her choosing for insulting me for simply posting my views is the best way to go, for a supposedly mature adult?? Cause I would really love to understand how this reasonable argument of yours works in your life and so for her in this case, and most all her posts on this board.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by KarmaMod(f): 3:24am On Oct 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Let's just say raised better than you. Your selfhatred is a cancer on this board. Had the luck to be smuggled into this country and you kiss this place's ass more than than those who are LEGITIMATE sef. People like you sincerely IRRITATE me.

As for insulting people blah blah. You think I'm daft like you? Think i need to HIDE behind stupid passive aggressive remarks to make my point. If anything your comment was obviously TO ME and it was a snide one. Unlike you, I don't have to hide my "mean" words under cotton candy claiming to be innocent. Ori e o pe. Like I asked before, QUOTE me where I've said worse about McCain than Palin. I'm waiting

as for not believing I'm female. Who gives a shit what some white boots licking nigger like you thinks? I can't believe that you're Nigerian and I'm not the only person who thinks so here either so spare me the bullshit and give me the proof

Next time you want to make a remark towards me, DIRECT IT TO ME. don't hide under obnoxious laughs and snide comments, you bloody selfhating psychopath.

ROFL
LMAO
ROTFL
ROTFLMAO
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by darfur(m): 3:24am On Oct 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Palin was only introduced to us early in September but long before then, McCain hate-posts have been available on Nairaland, posts by some of the very same people who now claim the only reason they are against McCain is Palin, has been surfacing on here. Do we have our time lines warped or something?? roflmao!!

I am voting Republican this year because
[s]
(And yes, I know there are those who will try to tell me this or that but I am sorry, you will be talking to a BRICK WALL, so spare yourselves.)

1) In Obama's tax plan, there is a chance I might end up paying more in taxes than I am comfortable with. The thought of paying more than I already do so that some persons somewhere can get free checks in the mail, tears me to pieces. I already give so much of my earnings away to charities. What more do they want?? ROFLMAO!!! . . . yes. . . I am selfish !!!

3) Nancy Pelosi has given me all the reasons to vote republican with no guilt this year. After 2 years in control, all we have gotten from the house is excuses upon excuses why they have not been able to do anything, even as majority. It is like all she has done since she has taken office is whine about how the republicans do not do as she says while she has yet to show that the democrats are united on any of the issues that matter. Considering that she has accomplished next to nothing but has given us a mouthful about how the republicans are still to blame, I am sick of it.

4) I don't believe Obama can do much to stand up to the likes of Russia or Iraq, should  that need arise. He may have Biden but since I am casting my vote for the man to be president, I rather choose someone I actually believe can handle the job, than put my hope in someone who has not yet to be proven able to handle such.

5)When it comes to the economy, I really do not believe any of the two has the magic salve to cure this. We, the american people, made this happen. We made bad choices, and it only makes sense that our own actions can bring us out of this when we are ready. Not some politician somewhere, or some so called "bailout", so I only hope that at some point, we face the consequence of our actions and get this behind us soonest.

6) I am anti-abortion.

There are definitely more reasons but this is the much I can post for now.[/s]

shh. . . liar. u r voting republican this yr b/c u hate obama, b/c he defeated ur witch hillary and her priapic husband and ugly child tongue

i cant vote but i'll pray for obama. God go hear my prayer and will eventually decide who wins smiley
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by bawomolo(m): 3:25am On Oct 14, 2008
tpia:

Nigeria is headed for self-destruction. America is headed for self-destruction. Only China is not headed for self-destruction.

However, no biggie. I understand your need to stay out of the Chinese concentration camps. The internet is closely monitored in China, and you wouldnt want to say anything nasty about the place make them no pepper your mouth.

lol i never thought of it that way,  oga nuzo we shall overcome chinese censorship, one bad word about china and you are back to your beloved country  grin
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Oct 14, 2008
So much for expecting some intelligent response. undecided oh well,  moving on !!
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by darfur(m): 3:28am On Oct 14, 2008
KarmaMod:

Let's just say raised better than you. Your selfhatred is a cancer on this board. Had the luck to be smuggled into this country and you kiss this place's ass more than than those who are LEGITIMATE sef. People like you sincerely IRRITATE me.

As for insulting people blah blah. You think I'm daft like you? Think i need to HIDE behind stupid passive aggressive remarks to make my point. If anything your comment was obviously TO ME and it was a snide one. Unlike you, I don't have to hide my "mean" words under cotton candy claiming to be innocent. Ori e o pe. Like I asked before, QUOTE me where I've said worse about McCain than Palin. I'm waiting

as for not believing I'm female. Who gives a shit what some white boots licking nigger like you thinks? I can't believe that you're Nigerian and I'm not the only person who thinks so here either so spare me the bullshit and give me the proof

Next time you want to make a remark towards me, DIRECT IT TO ME. don't hide under obnoxious laughs and snide comments, [b]you bloody selfhating psychopath.[/b]ROFL
LMAO
ROTFL
ROTFLMAO

he he heeeeeee grin
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by plusQueen: 3:29am On Oct 14, 2008
ROFLMAO

according to kobokobo grin
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by KarmaMod(f): 3:32am On Oct 14, 2008
maybe if I went on some "lmao" rampage, you'd find it an "intelligent discourse"

Look at this nappy headed hypocrite  grin

Im waiting for my quote cos I alreayd know your stupid comment here was meant for me.

Go ahead and deny it.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by bawomolo(m): 3:35am On Oct 14, 2008

this won't happen.  the federal government has basically handed over the gay marriage issue to the states.  they would probably repeal that stupid don't ask, don't tell policy though

yeah let Mccain deal with the domestic policies while sarah palin handles foreign policy  grin . man come on, mccain has proven himself to be novice on the issue of the economy. from claiming the economy was fine, to threatening to suspending the campaign over an economy he claimed was fine??
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by nguage(m): 3:39am On Oct 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Let me indulge for a second or two  What makes me a house nigger? please explain how you came to that there.

Why Kobojunkie is an Uncle Tom, or Auntie Jemima

1. You do everything you can o discredit an honest black man.

Kobojunkie:

You mean the same KKK that were behind Obama's becoming presidential nominee for the Democractic party? Please do your research, no need stoning those who are for you.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/kkk.asp

In this quote from you, you try to discredit Obama's winning of the primaries with a fake article. I take it you're blind and didn't read the article by yourself, there's a "false" tag on the same article you posted.

2. You do everything to defend questionable acts by non-blacks

Kobojunkie:

I do have a question for you. Are you for certain that they were wrong in telling you the camera was not made for the African market?? I, myself have had companies like HP, Dell tell me they can not sell me certain products because they were not meant for the African market. How certain are you this this was discrimination and not just simple business contracts in play?

In this post you are defending a racist act towards an African in China with baseless facts. If I am in China, I have the right to buy anything in the Chinese market for personal use regardless of where I will be taking them later.

3. Most people on this forum know you as an Uncle Tom

KarmaMod and I aren't the first people to accuse you of this, by the time majority of the people you know level the same accusations towards you on a regular basis there must be elements of truth in their accusations.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by Kobojunkie: 3:41am On Oct 14, 2008
bawomolo:

yeah let Mccain deal with the domestic policies while sarah palin handles foreign policy  grin . man come on, mccain has proven himself to be novice on the issue of the economy. from claiming the economy was fine, to threatening to suspending the campaign over an economy he claimed was fine??

Here is the situation here. This is the first time that  a lot of focus  and much attention have been given the VP ticket and that is understandable. But unfortunately, all that focus means nothing to some of us. The VP takes back seat to the president and so I do not expect her to handle what you have her handling above. Naive or not, it does not matter to me as my vote is for the president who I expect to do the job which you post will be donne by his VP. I have seen your many posts on the VP and what you do not like about her and that is fine by me. But at the end of the day, the president is held responsible so I am willing to actually place that burden on McCain than I am on Obama, simple. Instead of turning this into another INSULT AND TRY TO TALK DOWN TO THOSE WHO DO NOT THINK LIKE YOU DO thread, can we at least try to be civil on here?? If not anyone else, I would expect you to.

If you read my post, I am quite clear on what I think when it comes to the economy. Non of these guys has what it takes. None of them can HEAL the economy. All they can do is offer us more elixirs, and I am not one to foolishly believe, knowing what I know of how we fell down this rabbit hole, that some magic formula is going to get us out of it. If you have ever followed my posts, you would understand my stance when it comes to the economy. We live in a capitalist system, and it makes sense to believe that the market shift is decided by the people and not necessarily government policies, if left to run free.
Re: What Happens After The Fact? by KarmaMod(f): 3:45am On Oct 14, 2008
Your "Im a victim, woe is me " act is boring. You're very transparent.

It's rude to keep a lady waiting. I'd like my quote please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yes! The Belgium Government Collapses! / Popular Nigerian Prophet Sends Message To Donald Trump / 16 Images Show How The Lives Of Saudi Women Are Changing With New Reforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.