Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

I Miss Nigerian Cakes - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Miss Nigerian Cakes (7387 Views)

Time For Nostalgia - I Miss Eating: / Birthday Cakes / How Do I Make My Cakes Last For Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by tpia6: 1:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
pinkberries:

Dz girl u like trouble gan.

Can you explain the relevance of the last picture?

Nlers and illiteracy, na wa.
Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
tpia6:

Can you explain the relevance of the last picture?

Nlers and illiteracy, na wa.

are u the owner of the thread?
she might post it just to ignore you cos you are a pest.
Madam literacy
Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by homesteady(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
tpia6
Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2014
Fulaman198:

While I do agree that Western/Oyibo cakes are sweeter, they are much less healthier (as if Cakes are healthy to begin with). One must be careful of all these things like Western cookies, doughnuts, cakes, candies, etc. It can be difficult and you can develop a sweet tooth from it which in turn can ruin your teeth and possibly be detrimental in other areas of health.

Very true. Home made ones are better I guess..

1 Like

Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Thats right! cool

Seeing this pictures makes my mouth water:

[img]http://gercakes.files./2012/07/dark-chocolate-cake-3a.jpg[/img]

cry I'm on a diet cry

1 Like

Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by Fulaman198(m): 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Very true. Home made ones are better I guess..

Well better in this instance is subjective to criticism. Why? that's due to the fact that I do agree that American cakes are sweeter and "better" tasting. That is due to the excess amounts of sugar (sucrose) and frosting. Nigerian cakes are very similar to say Angel Food cake which is a less-fattening alternative and healthier.

It's very easy to develop a sweet tooth with these kinds of mouth-watering desserts, Sometimes I am guilty of eating very sweet things like candy and cakes, but I typically try to ignore it.
Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by delishpot: 1:09am On Nov 02, 2014
tpia1:
oyibo cakes:

Who is this? I will sue you for inciting hunger with. dangerous looking cakes. Expect my lawyer's letter to summon you to court.
PS: appear in court with those cakes or...........

1 Like

Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by delishpot: 1:12am On Nov 02, 2014
tpia1:
nigerian cake:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-yqUozuqwMvk/U4iLErOH7mI/AAAAAAAADGY/wMqgforvJ2E/s600/nigerian+cake+10.JPG[/img]

Also appear in court with these too.
I aint joking here o. I fit remove cloth fight at this point even. You are endagering my appetite.

1 Like

Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by Fulaman198(m): 1:13am On Nov 02, 2014
delishpot:

Also appear in court with these too.
I aint joking here o. I fit remove cloth fight at this point even. You are endagering my appetite.

LOL you are funny
Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by delishpot: 1:17am On Nov 02, 2014
Fulaman198:

LOL you are funny

Ha ha, no be small thing. I no gp fit sleep well this night, I go dey chase cakes for my dream now. Abeg tell me, is that fair?
Tpia1 please have a heart be a little more kind to me.
Make I go sleep.

1 Like

Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by Fulaman198(m): 1:18am On Nov 02, 2014
delishpot:

Ha ha, no be small thing. I no gp fit sleep well this night, I go dey chase cakes for my dreams now.

I know how you feel
Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2014
Fulaman198:

Well better in this instance is subjective to criticism. Why? that's due to the fact that I do agree that American cakes are sweeter and "better" tasting. That is due to the excess amounts of sugar (sucrose) and frosting. Nigerian cakes are very similar to say Angel Food cake which is a less-fattening alternative and healthier.

It's very easy to develop a sweet tooth with these kinds of mouth-watering desserts, Sometimes I am guilty of eating very sweet things like candy and cakes, but I typically try to ignore it.

Better in the sense that you have control over the ingredients you use. One can choose healthier options when baking at home...

Lol enjoy in moderation tongue
Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by Fulaman198(m): 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Better in the sense that you have control over the ingredients you use. One can choose healthier options when baking at home...

Lol enjoy in moderation tongue

Lollllll
Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by saksshoppersclu: 10:05am On Feb 01, 2015
It amaze me,when people say Nigeria cake or oyinbo cake,nothing like that,it all depends on cake recipe,sponge or dense cake,dense cake is more heavy,that is what people refer to as nigeria cake,Its also make by oyinbo people too as you guys said,sponge cake re lighter,kids loves it better than the dense cake,dense cake are usually for cake that is going to be covered with fondant or royal icing,it can stand the weight of the fondant.there are thousands cake recipe.and can be made by anyone so far you follow the recipe,oyinbo or whoever.
Re: I Miss Nigerian Cakes by onila(f): 10:08am On Feb 01, 2015
saksshoppersclu:
It amaze me,when people say Nigeria cake or oyinbo cake,nothing like that,it all depends on cake recipe,sponge or dense cake,dense cake is more heavy,that is what people refer to as nigeria cake,Its also make by oyinbo people too as you guys said,sponge cake re lighter,kids loves it better than the dense cake,dense cake are usually for cake that is going to be covered with fondant or royal icing,it can stand the weight of the fondant.there are thousands cake recipe.and can be made by anyone so far you follow the recipe,oyinbo or whoever.

I have never seen Naija kind of dense cake here before

the dense kind of cake I have seen here is banana cake, marble cake or cup cakes
which cant be compared to Naija dense sweet brandy cake

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Amazing Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat / Jolloff Rice Without Blender? / Yoursoup - Mobile Soup Delivery For You Anywhere In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.