Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own (2973 Views)

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / CHRISLAM !!!!!: One World Religion Emerging. / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:

Wait!
Lucifer was the first to disobey...he didn't destroy him but kept him to keep tormenting his weak creations...
When they could no longer Withstand
He's angry and start destroying them...

Your God is really loving... smiley
He should have set the example by first destroying lucifer for the disobedience...not going after his weak creations with rage!

Btw... there's a Creator...but it's certainly not the Christian God...This one possesses too much of human characters.

https://www.nairaland.com/1816145/12-things-love-banned-bible/19#24871938

I have never questioned the existence of God because I have some proof/evidence that he do exist. Don't ask me! undecided

Okay! The bolded on this post got me thinking and it's kinda satisfying my curiousity because of the inconsistency in our different religious belief(bible, quaran etcetra).
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2014
You're just realizing this. undecided

So you're no longer a Catholic/Christian ?

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by herald9: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

I have never questioned the existence of God because I have some proof/evidence that he do exist. Don't ask me! undecided

Okay! The bolded on this post got me thinking and it's kinda satisfying my curiousity because of the inconsistency in our different religious belief(bible, quaran etcetra).

Tag- Mynd44
he does exist!

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Apatheist: You're just realizing this. undecided

So you're no longer a Catholic/Christian ?

I still believe in God. smiley

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

I still believe in God. smiley
Which of them?
There are tens of thousands of gods.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by herald9: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2014
grin
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 22, 2014
Apatheist:
Which of them?
There are tens of thousands of gods.

The creator. smiley He is the only God.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

The creator. smiley He is the only God.
So, you don't believe in the religious gods?
Now we're getting somewhere....

You believe in a creator, but not of any religion --including Christianity -- correct?
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 22, 2014
Apatheist:

You believe in a creator, but not of any religion --including Christianity -- correct?

Don't worry.

I am currently in a confused state right now. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

Tag- Mynd44

Ogbeni rest..
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

Don't worry.

Agnostic? Deist? grin
Whatever you choose, do not forget to read.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

Don't worry.

This is Ludicrous..
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2014
Apatheist:
Agnostic? Deist? grin
Whatever you choose, do not forget to read.

I was making reference to 'Herald9's' post.

I am still a Christian. undecided

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

I was making reference to 'Herald9's' post.

I am still a Christian. undecided
OK.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Pr0ton: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2014
Apatheist:

Human set religion
God exists
Even all the different religions serve one God
Take Nigeria for example
Nigeria is a whole
But splitted into different parts
God is one
But human set different ways(religion) of reaching Him
And thus
Different characteristics
I personally
Don't know which religion I belong to
You call me christian
Yea, because I go to church?
Or because I read the Bible?
I do not hold some of the beliefs of Christianity
And a Muslim?
That's too far
I don't even go to mosque
Christianity was formed by people in Act 11:26
And not God
I stand by what I call myself
A born again believer
Yet
I'd prefer you call me a Christian
Because somehow by it
You know I'm connected with Christ
Who I believe
Is the only mediator
Between God and man

God exists
His ways surpass human understanding

2 Likes

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by qstar(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:
Btw... there's a Creator...but it's certainly not the Christian God...This one possesses too much of human characters.

@Bolded.
1. Imagine a tired god--- Gen. 2:2

2. A god that can be robbed--- Malachi 3:8

3. A god that repents--- Jonah 3:10
etc.

"and man said, let us now make god in our own image, after our likeness. And so they created god, but only male, they made him"
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by herald9: 10:16am On Jul 22, 2014
qstar:

@Bolded.
1. Imagine a tired god--- Gen. 2:2

2. A god that can be robbed--- Malachi 3:8

3. A god that repents--- Jonah 3:10
etc.

"and man said, let us now make god in our own image, after our likeness. And so they created god, but only male, they made him"
nawa for you woh...
He rested when he was through with creation

To be robbed should not be taken literally

Lolz... God repented...in otherwords he had a change of heart
wink
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by herald9: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2014
Pr0ton:
Human set religion
God exists
Even all the different religions serve one God
Take Nigeria for example
Nigeria is a whole
But splitted into different parts
God is one
But human set different ways(religion) of reaching Him
And thus
Different characteristics
I personally
Don't know which religion I belong to
You call me christian
Yea, because I go to church?
Or because I read the Bible?
I do not hold some of the beliefs of Christianity
And a Muslim?
That's too far
I don't even go to mosque
Christianity was formed by people in Act 11:26
And not God
I stand by what I call myself
A born again believer
Yet
I'd prefer you call me a Christian
Because somehow by it
You know I'm connected with Christ
Who I believe
Is the only mediator
Between God and man

God exists
His ways surpass human understanding
Word!
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by qstar(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2014
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by qstar(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:
nawa for you woh...
He rested when he was through with creation

To be robbed should not be taken literally

Lolz... God repented...in otherwords he had a change of heart
wink

You don't get it, do you?

An all-powerful god has no need for rest, it/he simply re-energizes himself.

Then, how can man rob an all powerful god. That is contradiction of the highest order. No one can even rob Barrack Obama like that.
That Bible prophet was simply lazy and needed some bucks.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by herald9: 10:50am On Jul 22, 2014
qstar:

You don't get it, do you?

An all-powerful god has no need for rest, it/he simply re-energizes himself.

Then, how can man rob an all powerful god. That is contradiction of the highest order. No one can even rob Barrack Obama like that.
That Bible prophet was simply lazy and needed some bucks.
After he was through with creation and saw that everything was 'good'
what will he re-energize himself to do again? grin

You should understand what 'rob' mean in that context na...This doesn't need explanation

The fact that you don't believe in him shouldn't make you bring out wacky accusations against him...

I only posted glaring facts!
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by qstar(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2014
^^^

Okay
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by herald9: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2014
grin
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by chrisviral(m): 11:28am On Jul 22, 2014
Let me make it self explanatory..
God: Can a man rob God?
Qstar: No
God: but you have robbed me..
Qstar: wherein have I robbed you (an all powerful God)
God: in tithes and in offerings( because you do not pay them).

Simple logic

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by qstar(m): 11:34am On Jul 22, 2014
chrisviral: Let me make it self explanatory..
God: Can a man rob God?
Qstar: No
God: but you have robbed me..
Qstar: wherein have I robbed you (an all powerful God)
God: in tithes and in offerings( because you do not pay them).

Simple logic

I use my money to help humanity, not Church. Since god can't even help humanity.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Rilwayne001: 11:36am On Jul 22, 2014
Surah Al-Hashr, Verse 22-24
He is Allah, than Whom there is no other Allah, the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible. He is the Beneficent, Merciful.

He is Allah, than Whom there is no other Allah, the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One, Peace, the Keeper of Faith, the Guardian, the Majestic, the Compeller, the Superb. Glorified be Allah from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him).

He is Allah, the Creator, the Shaper out of naught, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifieth Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by qstar(m): 11:50am On Jul 22, 2014
chrisviral:
Simple logic

There's no logic in that verse of the Bible. Why does your god like using empty threats and promises? Man has out-grown such superstitious lifestyle, your god needs to upgrade, no one is a coward anymore, maybe the medieval men were.

Why will he(god) threaten to send devourers if i do not give the money? what an empty threat.
And promise to open windows of heaven to bless the mumu-doctrine adherents. im na money-doubler? what a clueless god!

So, you whole-heartedly believe that the more tithe you pay, the richer you become?
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2014
OP this is the right opportunity for you to return to the religion of your Forefathers: Odinani .

I remember when you first joined Nairaland as a young fanatic lad.(wait, you still are a kid grin)

Anyways the Forum has clearly affected you. I have always considered Nairaland a powerful force. This is 2014: The Internet Age

So it would be foolish to underestimate the power of the Internet.

Then I noticed you passed through a phase where you changed your views for a time. I knew from then that this day would gradually come.

You dont need to be an atheist and you dont need to lose your identity.

*In Ombatse voice* The Time Has Come!

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Rilwayne001: Surah Al-Hashr, Verse 22-24
He is Allah, than Whom there is no other Allah, the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible. He is the Beneficent, Merciful.

He is Allah, than Whom there is no other Allah, the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One, Peace, the Keeper of Faith, the Guardian, the Majestic, the Compeller, the Superb. Glorified be Allah from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him).

He is Allah, the Creator, the Shaper out of naught, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifieth Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

LOL! Allah atrocities in qu'ran and the one he is still doing is alarming. embarassed

I'd rather be an atheist than be a muslim.

2 Likes

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
^^

undecided undecided

LOL! @Pagan9ja
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Rilwayne001: 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

LOL! Allah atrocities in qu'ran and the one he is still doing is alarming. embarassed

I'd rather be an atheist than be a muslim.

Allah never caused any atrocities in the Quran (you can bring the verse and i am ready to teach you only if you will learn)

rather the bible god caused countless atrocities in the bible, (do you want to know them)

the problem with you guys is that you dont read your bible well
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by chrisviral(m): 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Qstar if I should explain this to you, you won't understand....

We and God is one and fear is the devil

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Questions For Nairaland Atheists. / A Photo Of Barack Obama Singing Hymn In A Church On Easter Sunday / For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.