Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

2015 Elections: El-rufai To Grab APC Governorship Ticket in Kaduna - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: El-rufai To Grab APC Governorship Ticket in Kaduna (2808 Views)

El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die / Okorocha Picks Imo APC Governorship Ticket After Losing Presidential / IMO 2015-Uche Nwosu Wins Apc Governorship Ticket In Imo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Elections: El-rufai To Grab APC Governorship Ticket in Kaduna by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
20pounds:

You and I know that Yero and his godfather Namadi Sambo are political lilliputs in Kaduna state. Yakowa was a better poltitcian than these two. Sambo and Yero, due to the way they mishandled Yakowa's death, have succeeded in pitching the southern Kaduna people against the candidacy of Yero. He would be a hard sale, in southern Kaduna, should the PDP field him. Don't forget that southern Kaduna had been the base of PDP in the state. The President is mindful of this fact and that's why he, at a time, mulled over the candidature of late Sen. Isaiah Balat to placate southern Kaduna people(though it would have been misinterpreted as undermining northern Kaduna people)

The only thing that might work against El rufai's candidacy is the fact that he is a radical progressive and change agent which runs contrary to the conservative nature of the north. To make matters worse, the man behind him( Gen Buhari) is seen in the same light.

The battle for the soul of Kaduna will be narrowed down to a contest between Buhari and Makarfi. It is pertinent the PDP aligns with Makarfi to ensure their candidate wins. If they keep counting on Sambo and Yero; they shall loose Kaduna in a heavy loss to the APC, but would retain the House of Assembly.
VP SAMBO A LILIPUTIAN? REALLY ? A LILIIPUTIAN THAT HAS WON THE LAST TWO GUBERNATORIALLS POLLS IN THE STATE FOR HIS PARTY EVEN AT THE HEIGHT OF THE POPULARITY OF THE DEFUNCT CPC? ABEG TELL ME ANOTHER STORY JOOR

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: El-rufai To Grab APC Governorship Ticket in Kaduna by Clerverly: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
Biodup: mr clelverly abi what do called urself? Mr know it all. Must u comment on all pollitical matter, u always want to impress ur pay masters unknowingly that sometimes u contradict urself. I despise people like u.

Do I even care how you feel?
Re: 2015 Elections: El-rufai To Grab APC Governorship Ticket in Kaduna by Hangard: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
Clerverly:

cheesy grin I bu onye ara!
Seriously which of your relation is living there right now I mean it.
Re: 2015 Elections: El-rufai To Grab APC Governorship Ticket in Kaduna by Caseless: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
HNosegbe: I wonder how the people of Southern Kaduna perceive El-Rufai.
they see him as a 'detribalized' Nigerian who can accomodate all and sundry in the state. Remember , it is not a battle between other zones in the state and southern kaduna like it was in 2011, but a battle btw the hausas...with both parties looking for a soft-spot by picking their runing-mate frm southern kaduna (a xtain to be precised ). I doubt if people of southern kaduna wld vote Ramalan Yero whom they've bn accusing of putting all the projects initiated by yakowa in their zone on hold.
Re: 2015 Elections: El-rufai To Grab APC Governorship Ticket in Kaduna by Caseless: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
ratiken: Time to teach the midget a valuable lesson. Elections are not won by incessantly criticizing a sitting govt without proffering solutions and politics is not a twitter game.
we thank gej for bringing facebook and twitter to nigeria. El-rufai is only being a nigerian and trying to benefit frm what the gej has made available as one his administration's achievements. It's jst that El-rufai knows how to use it better than gej (oga wey bring facebook and twitter himself). And it has helped him(el-rufai) politically. El-rufai can return kaduna to its lost glory. And he shall win and occupy Sir kashim Ibrahim house come 2015, by God's grace.
Re: 2015 Elections: El-rufai To Grab APC Governorship Ticket in Kaduna by lacasa: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
I think it's gonna be a real battle of wits and political players in 2015 Kaduna state governorship seat.

Kaduna is my state and from the time Yakowa died and Yero's emergence as governor it's been more of a redundant government we are having.

I think El-rufa'i played a master stroke in the emergence of Bantex as State Chairman in the last exco elections.

Southern kaduna at this moment is rapidly settling for an APC governorship in the state as it is being perceived that the PDP sees them as their safety net wen elections come around only to desert them after.

For the Northern part of Kaduna, I can boldly say that El-rufa'i holds the popular support of the masses esp ranging from his unflinching support and relationship with the General. The people have come to learn that its not only to pay lip service but it is to have major works to go with the promises by a Governor.

They have seen how Kano is being turned to one large construction site and owing to this Kaduna people feel El-rufa'i is the Only candidate out of the lot that has the track record, courage and experience to develop the state.

Tho, I feel the biggest problem El-rufa'i will have in his pursuit of the government house is the same problem SLS faced during the Emirship race in Kano, and that is the Vested interests I.e the Emirate & the Presidency.

May Allah en throne El-rufa'i as the next Governor of Kaduna State, Amin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Officers Grumble As Jonathan Reappoints DSS DG Another Four Years / I Officially Apologise To Nigerians On The Igbo Choice Of GEJ / Biafra: Igbos Are A Confused Set Of People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.