Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Imo State Emerges As The Winner Of NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2014 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo State Emerges As The Winner Of NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2014 (13257 Views)

NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2015 Live On NTA / Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz / 2014:invitation To Participate In The Annual National Entrepreneurship Week-anew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Emerges As The Winner Of NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2014 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
Noftaj: He surely has.He is a student of Ota Total Academy, Ota, Ogun State where I also teach Maths and also his class teacher. Its also not true that the Imolites are the youngest. Our boy will just be fourteen next month. Thanks
wow nice to know ur 1 of his teachers , u guys really groomed ur students well , (great job sir ) wished i went to ur sch..

all d same sha ... encourage d boy to kip d fire burning , he should not allow pride or other social vices distract him from achieving his goal ..

trust the sky is just his starting point '& he'll sure go places .... .

gracia .
Re: Imo State Emerges As The Winner Of NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2014 by pazienza(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
Noftaj: Honestly,I like the prayers with which you ended your post. The snag is the introduced tribal sentiment. Firstly, the boy who came second from Ogun State will be fourteen years old coming August. So its not true that the Imolites are the youngest in the competition. Keep it in mind that you don't win all the time and that accounted for why one of the imolites represented Imo State in the just concluded Cowbell Natonal Secondary Schools Maths Competition and came 9th nationwide while one of the boys who emerge 2nd in NNPC came 1st in Cowbell, making history as the only student to have won it at both junior and senior categories.I know this because I teach in his school (Ota Total Academy, Ota) and also his Classteacher. Also note, NNPC (quiz), Cowbell (written),so you can't rule out the element of luck for the Imolites in the quiz. Finally, I must acknowledge that the Imolites are also good. I'm also proud of the first runners-up (2nd) in NNPC. Luck was just not on their side yesterday, but take solace in the fact that they have been national champions in many national competitions.

Honestly, i don't know why these Yolobar mods are hiding my posts. Lets hope they don't this time around.

Lets for once assume that the Igbo representatives, Imo, won the competition by luck, does that not also apply that the overhyped Ogun boy and the rest of the Yolobar winners did the same by LUCK, at this year's Cowbell national mathematics competition?

But you were found missing when your fellow yolobar tribalists went all over the net celebrating that victory, you were not there to remind them that the win was by LUCK, you looked the other way.

You and your people have been hell bent on praising the Ogun boy, you summed his past victories as evidence of his genius and not luck, but you are so eager to sum up the feat by his Igbo competitors as luck.

Your post stinks of tribalism,jealousy and envy, albeit subtly and tacticaly packaged to fool the blind, but easily seen by a trained eye,who know you people well.

Repent!

1 Like

Re: Imo State Emerges As The Winner Of NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2014 by pazienza(m): 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
Again, the Cowbell competition the Ogun guy won was a maths only competition, NNPC's own comprises of other science subjects, which the Igbo crew bettered the Ogun guy at,and could have easily used to wipe off whatever advantage he has over them with maths.

There is nothing like LUCK, when opportunity meets preparedness, people call it luck. This would explain why Borno state cannot win the competition in any forseeable future.

The best team won,stop trying to subtly undermine the performance of the Igbo crew, just to comfort your own who failed.
Learn to praise victors,and stop your subtle tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Emerges As The Winner Of NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2014 by kechywillz(m): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
pazienza:

It's not. Unless you agree that Awusa and Hausa, Yolobar and Yoruba are all the same thing.

But we both know they aren't.
lol..ok u win
Re: Imo State Emerges As The Winner Of NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2014 by sabi99(m): 8:52am On May 29, 2016
Vivipop:
Living Word Academy Secondary School, Nkwere, and Christ the King Grammar School, Okigwe.
pls do not be offended.....humbly I wud like to kn d part of Imo u r from.....am from nwangele LGA, AMaigbo
Re: Imo State Emerges As The Winner Of NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2014 by Vivipop(f): 10:33am On May 29, 2016
sabi99:
pls do not be offended.....humbly I wud like to kn d part of Imo u r from.....am from nwangele LGA, AMaigbo
Akabo in Ikeduru LGA
Re: Imo State Emerges As The Winner Of NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2014 by sabi99(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2016
Vivipop:
Akabo in Ikeduru LGA
ok, buh its very far from orlu, ikeduru is in mbaitolu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NANS Ekiti: Its Blackmail To Blame Erelu Fayemi For FUOYE Students’ Death / 2016/2017 Jamb Utme, Post Utme And Admission Process Thread / 2020 UTME: JAMB Registers 700,000 Candidates In 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.