Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? (10538 Views)

Is It Right To Look Into The Mirror At Late Night??? / How Often Do You Look At Yourself In The Mirror In A Day? / The Average Woman Spends 2 Years Of Her Life Looking At Herself In The Mirror! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
What is a mirror?
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
i don't have a mirror.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
I love mirrors. I can't go a day without looking in them AT LEAST 3 times undecided
In fact, I have one before me right now angry

My mirror is dusty sha o embarassed

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Bigzig(m): 10:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
2 days not at most..
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
UjSizzle:
grin It's not an essential. I carry only essentials around.....no time for unnecessary load.

Am yet to recover from that shock.
Still speechless, can't find my tongue. grin

One the second thought, the fact you labelled it unnecessary is really amusing. No time for retouch, I got that!
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
One minute maximum....my phone has become my mirror, waist watches too.... I just love mirrors.. cheesy
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by sholey84(m): 10:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
shocked cool cool I live in a glass house, bath in a mirrored bathroom, have regular haircut weekly......how can i ever escape catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror? I love mirror like myself.

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by nuelldido(m): 10:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
choi... me can't do without mirror ooo I look at mirror million times a day.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by adesexy(m): 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
odun4love: I can't do without it in a day

If I won brush my teeth, I go use mirror
If I won comb my hair, I go use mirror
If I won shave, I go use mirror
If I finished eating and I won remove meat from my teeth I go still use mirror.

If anybody sey he fit do without a mirror in a day .. that's a white lie.
....Alaye I dnt even have a mirror..not to talk of looking at one coz I knw I am handsome nd sexy..so Y d mirror cool
odun4love: I can't do without it in a day

If I won brush my teeth, I go use mirror
If I won comb my hair, I go use mirror
If I won shave, I go use mirror
If I finished eating and I won remove meat from my teeth I go still use mirror.

If anybody sey he fit do without a mirror in a day .. that's a white lie.
....Alaye I dnt even have a mirror..not to talk of looking at one coz I knw I am handsome nd sexy..so Y d mirror
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
softsparkyy: Mirror is my only true friend.
I don't think I can stay a day without a mirror.
loll, I don't like looking @ mirror o...
after I look @ it before leaving the house on days when I take my time to MU well.
My friends actually ask how I wipe my face without cleaning my brows...I guess I am used to it already...lol
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by daniquaver(m): 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
Odilafta: I actually hate looking in the mirror angry because the one in my house makes ones head look like coconut
[img][/img][color=#990000][/color]

....cm to tink of it,Maybe u actually hav a coconut head u kw
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by UjSizzle(f): 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ceasar1:

Am yet to recover from that shock.
Still speechless, can't find my tongue. grin

One the second thought, the fact you labelled it unnecessary is really amusing. No time for retouch, I got that!
I'm sure there are women who don't cart mirrors around na embarassed

It's not really about retouching. It's more like I don't carry cosmetics around either, so whatever goes off mid-day will just have to stay off. Powder and lip balm are my essentials (they don't need a mirror or at least I know where my face and lips are lipsrsealed) ; lipsticks, gloss and everything else, I can do without.

So what's your mirror story? I know guys that live in front of their mirrors.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by ichommy(m): 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
365 Days a year cheesy
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by louiskay(m): 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Na F~ugly. And joblesss people. Dey go abt wit mirror up and down jare ......... A glance is enough anytin above am na Wash......................... If u fine u don fine be dat ....... Nd if u wowor no P ........... N0
mirror fit change ur look... Tank U
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by saintsrow(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
3wks while on camp @paiko ;D3wks while on camp @paiko
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by xtervaganza(m): 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Odilafta: I actually hate looking in the mirror angry because the one in my house makes ones head look like coconut
maybe because your head really looks like coconut
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by xtervaganza(m): 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
Chillisauce: Sometimes I walk pass a car, or a window shop, ...
Reverse just to catch a glimpse of my self and shape and also the hair .It's was that bad grin
These days, I have reduced the reverse method.
I just use the slow motion method
hahahahahah
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
UjSizzle:

So what's your mirror story? I know guys that live in front of their mirrors.

I actually get to see myself like five times in the average day. I don't know how, I just found myself into it. I'm kinda hairy and a hair-freak, so I always try to keep my hair in shape or in accordance with my hair style. And No, I'm far from being narcissistic. embarassed
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by xtervaganza(m): 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mirror mirror. ....who is the fairest of all
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
softsparkyy: Mirror is my only true friend.
I don't think I can stay a day without a mirror.
You must be ugly, ugly people always make mirror their friend.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by fightforchange1(f): 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
haha, not long.....

I'm sexy...
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
Wow! I can't live without a mirror. I mean there's always something to check. Like when I wake up, first thing- I have to look at my face and be sure everything is okay. Before and after I shower, after every meals- esp meals eaten outdoors, or when someone compliments me. I also have a mirror with me. I am an extremely conscious human being. How can any human being possibly survive without a mirror?

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
Can't remember the last time i looked in the mirror
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Jarus(m): 10:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
I may not check mirror in 2 weeks. Maybe when I have an event that I need to wear tie to.

I no dey send all those things. I don't wear tie to my office, that's the only thing I check in mirror. I no dey even use body cream sef. Straight from bathroom, dry my body with towel and put on my office trouser, shirt, shoes, carry my bag, off to work.

It's only on days I want to use tie that I check mirror.

Most times it's my wife that serves as my mirror, she's the one that gives my dress passmark or discovers any faux pas grin.

I no too dey send all those things. Na extra burden on me.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
UjSizzle:
Hmmm I could try this for a week. That's if i don't get obsessed with knowing how wind blown my hair is embarassed

Hahaha, I wouldn't do it. I get her past problem with an eating disorder, but she was totally avoiding confronting her issue, in my opinion. I need to make sure I didn't spill something on my dress! Jeez!

Lol
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
Chillisauce: Sometimes I walk pass a car, or a window shop, ...
Reverse just to catch a glimpse of my self and shape and also the hair .It's was that bad grin
These days, I have reduced the reverse method.
I just use the slow motion method

LMAO!

I won't lie, I do that too. Sometimes I see myself in the mirror and get caught up in admiring my reflection grin

Sometimes you gotta think "Dayum, I look good today" lol

My friends know. @SimonAndal remember that day I needed to send you a selfie because no one was around to admire me?

I got issues lol, but hey it could be worse than overconfidence :p

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by August17(m): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
I only make use of a mirror when I'm in the saloon.... Btw my folks are my mirror...
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
I like u...where are u from
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Meister(m): 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
cococandy: can I give up my mirror addiction?

A NEW beauty trend is on the rise which promises to help women feel more confident – introducing “mirror fasting”. The theory is that by avoiding looking in mirrors for a significant period of time you will become less fixated on your image and will boost your self-esteem.

Excerpts from a convert's testimony

Debbi is happy to be reunited with her mirror [grin]
This is right up my street as while I don’t see myself as a particularly vain person I can’t deny that I’m somewhat addicted to my reflection. We have nine mirrors at home, three of which are in my bedroom.

When I admitted to a friend how much I check myself before going out she was amazed I found time to leave the house at all.

I don’t stand there gazing adoringly. I scrutinise myself from every angle, keen to see how others view me, so I know exactly what is going to step out of the door. Once outside it doesn’t stop. Car and shop windows are perfect for a quick image check.

Sometimes when I’m out for dinner I even have to make sure my seat doesn’t face a window or mirror otherwise I’m distracted by my own face all night.

A recent study, published in the journal Behaviour Research and Therapy, found that women look in the mirror around 38 times a day

I’m not alone. A recent study, published in the journal Behaviour Research and Therapy, found that women look in the mirror around 38 times a day.

It’s clearly high time I begin my mirror fast. For a week I decide to allow myself a small hand mirror to do my make-up and a cursory glance in a full-length mirror to make sure I avoid any sartorial skirt-tucked-into-knickers nightmares. I then cover the main mirrors in my house. I’m under no illusion that a habit I’ve had for years will be hard to break.

My first task is getting ready in the morning. I no longer spend precious minutes agonising over the new wrinkles etching themselves into my face or the odd blemish that may or may not evolve into a pimple. Basic tasks such as brushing my teeth or putting in my contact lenses are considerably more challenging. I play my outfits safe by wearing tried and tested jeans and T-shirt combinations but I can’t deny I’m anxious. Using a small hand mirror I quickly apply some eyeliner and mascara.

However, the second I leave the house to take my son to nursery, I’m hit by my reflection in a car window. I duck my head before being greeted by a bank of reflective office windows lining the road.

Usually I would glance sideways in order to make sure I’m standing up straight or to see if my bottom has changed in size since I left the house.

Now I’m not able to, I’m suddenly aware of how much I seek out my reflection.

My new plan is to keep my eyes in front of me and allow myself to think about other things such as the various meetings I have to arrange.

“It will get easier,” I reassure myself but like a true addict I’m suffering from withdrawal. I can’t help feeling that my teeth aren’t clean enough and I have to rely on friends to tell me if I have any spinach caught between them.

I don’t see any upsides to avoiding the mirror until my new regime comes into its own after one particularly late night.

Instead of gazing at hungover bloodshot eyes I scurry past every reflective surface and head out of the door carefree. If I have no idea how wretched I look I can’t possibly be bothered by it.

I reach new heights halfway through the week when I complete the nursery drop off in my scruffy gym gear but I find it impossible to remain reflection-free for the entire week. A rogue mirror in a public toilet catches me unaware.

At the end of my week I’m eager to check in the mirror that all is as it should be.

It’s a thrill to see myself brush my teeth and get dressed with the reassurance of my reflection.

Part of me misses the freedom of not worrying about what I look like though and since my experiment I’ve made a conscious effort to cut down on how much I look at myself.

Mirror fasting made me quite anxious at first but as the days passed I felt liberated as I became used to not checking myself every minute.

So after all the time and sweat you wasted na only 2 likes you get
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Pavore9: 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ceasar1:

...But your post reflects alot. And otherwise.
How often do you get to see your face in a day or say a week?
hmm...what does my post reflect?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shitposting General / Math Quiz... Can You Get The Right Answer. / Happy New Year Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.