Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! (1289 Views)

Sad Reasons Women Think They'll NEVER Find Lasting Love / Every Couple Should Have These 3 “abilities” For Lasting Love / Who Does Well Around Girl? (secret Formular to getting girls 18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by sexylogan(m): 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
Love is frustrating, elusive, intangible. It starts in that sweet spot between intimacy and excitement which is impossible to manufacture and tiring to maintain. Can the algorithms of online dating sites or indeed the long odds of stumbling upon your perfect partner down the local pub ever predict where, when or for how long cupid will strike?

Whilst science has not yet manufactured the perfect partner, mathematicians are claiming to have found the formula that predicts how long love will last. Research commissioned by MSN has revealed a new love equation that determines the key ingredients to a successful, long-lasting relationship – with factors such as a good sense of humor ranking in importance alongside a person's number of previous sexual partners.

According to the 2,000 males and females surveyed, 25 per cent of both men and women believe their partner should have had four sexual partners before them (with one in five men clinging to the traditional belief that they should be their ideal woman’s “first”).

The survey also found that men prioritize looks over intelligence and are twice as likely as women to believe that good sex is important for a happy, enduring relationship.

The biggest surprise for me was that the number one trait we're all apparently after is wit. So there you go, it's not sex-appeal but sparkling banter that'll make you a hit with the opposite sex.

It is claimed that the resulting formula;

L = 8 + .5Y - .2P + .9Hm + .3Mf + J - .3G - .5(Sm - Sf)2 + I + 1.5C

- (see key below)

can determine how long a potential or current relationship can be expected to last.

Does it really work? I decided to test the hypothesis through extremely scientific means (in other words, by broadcasting to the world, via Twitter, that I am single and ready to mingle in a mathematically-approved fashion). I applied the formula to various unsuspecting male friends and volunteers over the course of an afternoon, and eventually found a man with whom love would apparently last 12.9 years.

Only trouble is... I don't fancy him. And despite the 12.9 happy years I could offer him, he doesn't particularly fancy giving it a go either. That's science for you. Back to the drawing board.

The formula explained:

L = 8 + .5Y - .2P + .9Hm + .3Mf + J - .3G - .5(Sm - Sf)2 + I + 1.5C

L: The predicted length in years of the relationship

Y: The number of years the two people knew each other before the relationship became serious

P: The number of previous partners of both people added together

Hm: The importance the male partner attaches to honesty in the relationship

Mf : The importance the female attaches to money in the relationship

J: The importance both attach to humor (added together)

G: The importance both attach to good looks (added together)

Sm and Sf = The importance male and female attach to sex

I = The importance attached to having good in-laws (added together)

C= The importance attached to children in the relationship (added together)

Note: All 'importance' measures can be scaled from 1 to 5 where 1 is not important at all and 5 is very important.

Research findings for same sex couples differed slightly from heterosexual couples and so the formula changes slightly in light of this to L = 8 + .5Y - .2P + 2J - .3G - .5(S1 - S2)2 - I + 1.5C (where S1 and S2 are the two partner’s ratings for the importance of sex).

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mathematicians-claim-to-have-discovered-the-formula-for-love-2014-3?IR=T
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by stormybucci(m): 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
mathematicians are "bleepingly" crazy.. nawa oooo odward come see wetin ur people dae talk oooo
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by dytbabe: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by farano(f): 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hian!
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by stormybucci(m): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
sammyhoe, gooci, call others make una cum see oooo
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by Missmossy(f): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hmmmm.....it is well.
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by DickDastardly(m): 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
"Understanding" is still the CONSTANT.
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by ITbomb(m): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
Wait o, e be like say this formula dey work o
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
stormybucci: sammyhoe, gooci, call others make una cum see oooo

I dey come make I recommend this formula for Susie and Henry because e be like say Cynthia don take Henry o.

Ebiag family see something o:

Tag: akinkudin, talk2riel, folzz, faithgokz, Winie, Tyhadebimpe, etc
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by CuteCynthia(f): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
Interesting...but does it work?
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by Tymax(m): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
grin Love equation Finally!

Singing: I got the power!
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by stormybucci(m): 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
SammyHoe:

I dey come make I recommend this formula for Susie and Henry because e be like say Cynthia don take Henry o.

Ebiag family see something o:

Tag: akinkudin, talk2riel, folzz, faithgokz, Winie, Tyhadebimpe, etc
abeg no let cynthia take henry oooo...henry is better off with susie
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by Odward(m): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
stormybucci: mathematicians are "bleepingly" crazy.. nawa oooo odward come see wetin ur people dae talk oooo
no worry,me just dey observe dis confused people.
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by talk2riel: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
People don't worry its only a formula. The answer to a last relationship depends on the grace of the couples.
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by mencade5(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
tradelyn. Is this formular applicable in your research methodology?
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by mencade5(m): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
tradelyn. Is this formular applicable in your research methodology?

Please confirm
Re: Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love! by TRADELYN: 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
mencade5: tradelyn. Is this formular applicable in your research methodology?

Please confirm

I love maths...

Thus, based on same, I like this formula since it clearly expresses LoVe Tips known to be very vital (tried and tested for years by different people) in mathematical form grin cheesy
As a Case Study, please could you provide details of your past relationship herein...lemme use data to prove this or otherwise?

#I hope this helps!

(1) (Reply)

Bad Girls Vs. Good Girls - Bad Boys Vs Good Boys / Those Cleavage And Curve / She Says She Loves Me And She Don't Want Me To Date Her. Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.