Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief (8130 Views)

APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Efcc’s Threat Of Arrest Confined Kwankwaso To His Residence – Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2014

The National Vice President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Isa Aremu, has expressed doubts over the impeachment and threats of impeachment of the All Progressives Congress (APC) governors in the country, saying the sanctity of tenure is the sustainer of the country’s democracy.

Aremu, who was a member of the just-concluded national conference, made the observation in Ilorin on a Radio Kwara programme, The Platform.
He urged President Goodluck Jonathan not to give the impression of using his office to torment governors in opposition states.

His words: “The one that is worrisome is the one of Nassarawa. The impeachment notice was served just at the time the president was visiting the state. I mean, we should not give it the impression that the president is using his office to torment a governor in an opposition state, I don’t think this is the intention of the president.

“What I am saying is, even the timing alone makes it to be suspicious. The president is the elected president, currently he is our president today, he has the right to relate with elected governors but he cannot relate with you when as he is arriving in the state, the governor’s job is being threatened.”

“I want President Jonathan to use his office to re-direct our political discourse along the line of statesmanship. He has done it before and I think he can do it again. Several times, he was threatened with impeachment and Nigerians stood up to say no.”

“I am not a fan of some of these governors. Some of them are known for recklessness, a lot of executive impunity. A good number of them engage in self-help for themselves rather than public service for their people. Of course there are some governors that have also performed who endeared themselves to the electorate in their respective states but whatever the case maybe, even if we don’t like any governor.

“Our constitution is clear: a governor that is been elected has the mandate to be in office for four years after which we go for election. If the electorate want him or her, he or she is given another mandate for four years, if the electorate don’t want the elected governor, they can vote him out.

“It is also true that our constitution makes provision for impeachment where there are gross misconducts, violation and so on but for goodness sake, we must make sure that the process of impeachment is seen to be transparent and to reflect the true spirit of the constitution. The danger that we are having at hand is increasingly, impeachment clause is being politicised, the perception is that it is becoming a tool for continuation of politics through the other means.

Some governors have been removed before from judicial pronouncements arising from issues dealing with election. Now we have also seen some governors being threatened with impeachment in which parties that have majority in the house just use the clout to remove governors, I think this is not healthy for our democratic process.

“Now what it portrays is that increasingly, there is a feeling of desperation for office by different political actors and don’t forget that of the governors is the only one that captures imagination. I think this is not really healthy for all of us. What I am saying here is that, we must make the point that election and struggle for power should be based on contest of ideas, policies not conquest of personalities however well positioned.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=73251

6 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by experimentist: 12:03am On Jul 23, 2014
The original supporter of APC Jonathan aka Jona the fool according to Demdem grin

Abeg dis man matter don tire me, mek Val day reach mek wek vote dis dunderhead comot for that seat shap shap.. PDP rats if una quote me eh, na thunder go blast una yansh.. He he!

I dedicate dis space to all the APC (progressive) here on Nairaland.. E no easy to be #1.. I had sleepless night jux to achieve this package.. Abeg make man pikin sleep now wake around 10 or 11 am like a BOSS cool *switches light off*

26 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by OtunbaJega: 12:14am On Jul 23, 2014
We all know Jonathan is behind it

8 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by tit(f): 12:18am On Jul 23, 2014
Isa face your work.
Nothing concern you with partisan politics.
if you chook your head into this matter, na you know ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 23, 2014
before u stand as an opposition in a country like Nigeria, u must be ready to accept struggles that come with it.
I don't personally like Jonathan style of government, Buh the way things are moving in this country, I don't really have an alternative Buh to vote him comes 2015

7 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Omexonomy: 6:03am On Jul 23, 2014
tit: Isa face your work.
Nothing concern you with partisan politics.
if you chook your head into this matter, na you know ooo.
the man is a big mumu and mumu full the man head.
Instead of him to advice the governo to satisfy the people so that no demon from hell can remove them from the seat he is busy running his mumu mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by BrAkingNews: 6:42am On Jul 23, 2014
hmm

Photos: Femi Otedola’s Daughter, Dj Cuppy Graduates from King’s College, London
>>> http://www./entertainment/femi-otedolas-daughter-dj-cuppy-graduates-from-kings-college/
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Blackchampion(m): 6:42am On Jul 23, 2014
Dis dude kept saying "I want.....I think.....I feel......" Not wht u want, think or feel. All dis opposition governors hs bin raising heads against d President to please dia party leaders, forgotten dat d office of d President requires sm respect from who ever. If impeaching few will serve as a warning to odas let it be done. BTW re d bin forced out of office witout proof of dia accusations.

8 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Smartsyn(m): 6:43am On Jul 23, 2014
The first criteria for impeachment is gross misconduct and not party, if all the APC governor instigated for impeachment don't have any skeleton on their carboards, impeachment won't be possible.

So, firstly they're found wanting, being in the wrong party is just a bonus.

9 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by rozayx5(m): 6:43am On Jul 23, 2014
so NLC is now interested in Governors affairs undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Firefire(m): 6:44am On Jul 23, 2014
APC on the BRINKS, Don't ask me WHY.

2 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by ameer2: 6:44am On Jul 23, 2014
From one prblm to d other...wat a country
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Osyxcel(m): 6:45am On Jul 23, 2014
The So called clueless one tormenting the Clue-full ones since 2009.

3 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by idris4eva(m): 6:49am On Jul 23, 2014
Following protocol from d oga @d top
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by ebullientV(m): 6:50am On Jul 23, 2014
I fear for APC.. They will crash without a trace..

3 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by padeolu: 6:51am On Jul 23, 2014
So NLC is now an extension of APC

5 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by ukeleh: 6:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Omexonomy: the man is a big mumu and mumu full the man head.
Instead of him to advice the governo to satisfy the people so that no demon from hell can remove them from the seat he is busy running his mumu mouth.
Did the people tell you that their governors are not satisfying them or the impeacement is a plot from the presidency. Hiding the truth will worsen Nigeria's situation.
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by nifton(m): 6:53am On Jul 23, 2014
Famouspecky: before u stand as an opposition in a country like Nigeria, u must be ready to accept struggles that come with it.
I don't personally like Jonathan style of government, Buh the way things are moving in this country, I don't really have an alternative Buh to vote him comes 2015
Dnt worry u wil n my 1st lady for 2015 elections.
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by sammieguze(m): 6:53am On Jul 23, 2014
Una just dey knw? Before nko?
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by 1money: 6:53am On Jul 23, 2014
Infact Gej till 2019

4 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by tbagjames(m): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2014
Every action has a hidden agenda. Let the game of suspicions kick off.

1 Like

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Kingspin(m): 6:59am On Jul 23, 2014
NLC NLC NLC do your job. I was even thinking it Labour party speaking.
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Innodon(m): 7:11am On Jul 23, 2014
they must talk
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Noctec: 7:17am On Jul 23, 2014
I think that's true.
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Toktee(m): 7:30am On Jul 23, 2014
Famouspecky: before u stand as an opposition in a country like Nigeria, u must be ready to accept struggles that come with it.
then you are on ur own.
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by anufinnih(m): 7:30am On Jul 23, 2014

Why would u say u don't have a choice?! Abi u sef don collect 'ghana must go'?!

The FOOL of a president needs to be voted out!
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by buJu234: 7:32am On Jul 23, 2014
Even though am not a supporter of GEJ nor APC; I think this NLC guy should keep his mouth shut and face his job.

Nigeria employees and the masses are suffering today because of the untruthful nature of the NLC.

Everyone knows that they sold their integrity during the fuel subsidy saga.

while not face ur job fixed the NLC; let the Nigerian workers that you are representing feel your positive effect and leave APC/PDP/GEJ/etc to do their thing in their own way..

1 Like

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Toktee(m): 7:34am On Jul 23, 2014
Omexonomy: the man is a big mumu and mumu full the man head.
why dnt you urge ur oldman to advice jonathan to concentrate on providing divident of democracy and stop pursuing 2015 ambition?
Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by eph12(m): 7:34am On Jul 23, 2014
This country sef. This man really fall my hand. The question here should be are the governors guilty of what they are accused of? Because if they didn't siphon government funds then they can never be impeached. You shouldn't play dirty politics with hidden skeletons especially when its not so hidden.

3 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by mezebel(f): 7:37am On Jul 23, 2014
experimentist: The original supporter of APC Jonathan aka Jona the fool according to Demdem grin

Abeg dis man matter don tire me, mek Val day reach mek wek vote dis dunderhead comot for that seat shap shap.. PDP rats if una quote me eh, na thunder go blast una yansh.. He he!

I dedicate dis space to all the APC (progressive) here on Nairaland.. E no easy to be #1.. I had sleepless night jux to achieve this package.. Abeg make man pikin sleep now wake around 10 or 11 am like a BOSS cool *switches light off*
I guess u work as and in MAUMD(mortuary Attendant and Undertakers Management Department) because u reason like a dead man.

3 Likes

Re: Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief by Toktee(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2014
padeolu: So NLC is now an extension of APC
no wonder you are still writing jamb.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation / How The Presidential Election Tribunal May Rule: Final Analysis / Religious Riot In Bauchi Over Demolished Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.