Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East (15275 Views)

God Is Protecting Israel Complains Hamas Terrorists / Younger Brother Of Michael Adebolajo 'was Paid Thousands To Spy In Middle East' / Hamas Military Chief Killed In Israeli Airstrike, War Says Hamas!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by 2good(m): 10:21am On Jul 23, 2014
dasoul:

nice piece but a better way of writing it is this, Israel is just like Russia while Ukraine is like Hamas. Ukraine is avoiding direct confrontation with Russia after taking Crimea and supporting the secession of Donetsk cos Ukraine knows that it could only win through diplomacy not on the millitary battle ground. Hamas should do the same. avoid confronting an enemy you cannot defeat on military ground, use diplomacy.

There is a difference here. Crimea was historically a naval base of Russia but was merged with Ukraine during the Soviet era for easier administration because the Soviet Union was supposed to be one big happy family for as long as time will allow. After the fall of the union, Russia expected a long lasting relationship with Ukraine and a guarantee of their naval fleet in Crimea but with Ukraine becoming part of the EU, Russia know that they will almost certainly loose complete access to that peninsula hence the reason for their supporting the annexation of Crimea to Russia.
Europeans Jews have no right to claim a land based on some ancient Biblical/ Torah stories. The correlation doesn't work here but I still think Israel is not going anywhere so a 2 state solution will be the only solution to the end of the conflict. But how do you expect peace to exist in the region when Israel is still building settlements in the region that is supposed to fall under Palestine if a 2 state solution were agreed? It shows Israel is not in any way ready for a 2 state solution but want all the land for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by anyaekekehinde(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2014
zeezcounit: IF YOU WERE THIS LANDLORD, WHAT
WOULD YOU DO?
A man walked into a house at night, cold
and dejected, begging to be sheltered. The
landlord graciously allowed him to pass
the night. When it was dawn, he asked to
be allowed to be a permanent resident of
the house, promising he would pay rents.
Again, the landlord allowed him. Days
passed and he didn’t pay any rent. A week
later, without the landlord’s authorization,
he admitted another tenant into the
house, collected rent from the new tenant
and ate it. The landlord complained but
he was prevailed over to be patient, so
that peace would reign.
The following week, he raped the
landlord’s daughter. Few days later, he
ripped off the head of the landlord’s son.
A week later, he demolished part of the
house he didn’t own and built his own
mansion on it.
Each time he did all the above, he told
the landlord to be patient and peaceful.
The landlord got frustrated and hurled
stones at him. He hurriedly pulled his
trigger, killed some of the landlord’s
kiddos and injured several others.
Afterall, he has the right to defend
himself.
Let’s pretend you’re the landlord. What
would you do?
crazy analogy, isreal didnt beg for palestinian land. You have no sense of history. The british were the colonial masters of palestine inbetween the periods of WW1-WW2. Because the jews helped the british to win WW1, the british promised them a barren section of land to settle the jews.
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by smemud(m): 10:31am On Jul 23, 2014
brosss: Nice write up, but Contrary to what you suggested, Mr. Netenyahu has been one of the most admired isreali leaders, who takes protection of israelis as priority.
Any sane leader wouldn't sit back and allow an unprovoked shelling to go unanswered..... Shelling so sever that under 3days, over 2000 shells have been fired into israel. But for the prudence of developing the iron dome system, we might have been looking at a more severe terror. Now recall that, and as Hamas knows, Israel is a nuclear harmed state. Everyone knows what happens if even one lone missile hit a nuclear station.
I have followed this development carefully both on cnn and aljazeera and realised that Hamas are just been the terrorists and islamists they are for the following reasons;
1) Unprovoked and unannounced shelling of israel- over 2000 rounds intercepted in two days
2) Forcefully Digging tunnel and trench networks from innocent palestinian homes into israeli territories
3) Turning down a humanitarian cease fire, and playing it down as joke
4) Inability to provide a reason for the resent spate of attacks on israelis- the hamas spokesman, just couldn't answer the question.
5) Using innocent palestinians as human shields.

Now, let me state categorically that israel has never resisted a free and independent palestine. Matter of fact, they have always supported a palestine that's free from the clutches of terror organisations like Hamas and hezbola. Here are the few commitments made b israel...
1) Evacuating the entire gaza strip, even after constructing estates to accommodate some of its six million people. The relative size of gaza to israel is like, ibadan to Nigeria. Imagine the cost and discomfort. Why, because they wanted sustained peace.
2) Proposing and honoring a cease fire, till hamas called it of by rocket fires, looking to catch israelis of guard.
3) Giving a 6hour humanitarian cease fire while enduring rocket fire, to give the innocent palestinians time to move out of the comflit zone.
4) Pre- announcing their reason for entering into gaza, to snuff out those trench rats trying to dig into israel to cause havoc.
5) Israel has maintained that her goal is for a sustained peace! Which isn't out of place

Mr Netenyahu has always stated that its not Israelis desire to roll into gaza, but she is been systematically forced to go into gaza to protect her citizen.... In military terms, meet he enemy in her territory, so your land, won't be the comflit zone,,,, also.... Its always better to meet your enemy at the gate.

Palestinian can get all the independence they desire,afterall, Israel has never and never desires to colonize any state not to talk of Palestinians. They can equally elect as much presidents as they need.... All israel asks, is.......SUSTAINED PEACE for her citizens, so they don't have to run to bomb shelters every hour of the day without warning.

Last bullet......... If only someone like Netenyahu was our president......... Boko haram would have been-----------(you complete the sentence)

Humbly
oga read news very well before u post, one of the demand of hamas is for the isrealis to end the blockade of gaza so get ur fact rite before posting

1 Like

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Vado(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2014
tunshe:

I just stated statements of fact, it's none of my business whether you accept it or not.

You just quoted the quran out of context. If I say don't associate with Mike your friend because he's on drugs and might harm you in January 2000. Does that mean if he's now a changed man with good character in 2014 you should still not associate with him?

If you are interested in quoting scriptures, I will make you hate the bible and you will realise you have been wasting your time as a Christian.

Out of context? Oh please, I didn't add nor remove from that passage. Your example of Mike is good one but you seemed to fail to mention that in the context of a "believer" which the quran talks about, a jew or a christian will have to become a believer (muslim) before he/she can be said to now be of good character as you claimed. So you see, you can't equate this with some circumstance of a druggie. The verse explicity said "...because the jews and the christians are only friends to each other"

Agreed, this bloodshed on both side has to stop but, stop trying to manipulate us in conflict to the quran stance that hating the state of Israel is way to go just because they don't believe that Christ is the Messiah etc. Unlike the verse I quoted, Christ didn't teach us to return hate with hate.

Lastly, you can't make me hate the bible, you'd only die trying. What is understood doesn't need to be explained.

1 Like

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by zeezcounit: 10:37am On Jul 23, 2014
GAZA DON'T NEED A CEASEFIRE, MY
THOUGHT!
What do you mean by a 'ceasefire'?
According to Israeli, US, UN Dictionary of
War and Genocide, "Ceasefire is when you
stop massacre today for another day". Also,
"when you are tired of killing innocent
Palestinians, and spare survivors for some
other time.'
MY THOUGHT: See why Gaza don't need a
ceasefire. Instead, Palestine needs a
PERMANENT solution, that will prevent
Israel from shedding blood of innocent
Palestinians for life! To achieve this, the
referees (you know what I mean and who I
am referring to) must be JUST.
Justice is the key to permanent solution not
a 'kangaroo' ceasefire.

1 Like

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Nihilist: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2014
2good:

Europeans Jews have no right to claim a land based on some ancient Biblical/ Torah stories. .

This is just pure BS.

I personally don't give two about the war in the Middle East, but I have to correct your nonsense.

The Jewish claim to those lands in actually historically documented from the antiquity to the roman times to the Middle Ages and end of the crusades up until the 20th century.

And thier claim to the land is just as valid as the Palestinians who have also been present in those areas since time immemorial.

What a lot you 'funky hipsters' have been pushing is a false narrative of a tiny group of Palestinians squaring up to a colonialist Israel.

That narrative is simply untrue.

This is a battle for resources that has been going on for millennia, and each of the combating ethnic groups has had the upper hand at some point.

1 Like

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by zeezcounit: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2014
anyaekekehinde:
crazy analogy, isreal didnt beg for palestinian land. You have no sense of history. The british were the colonial masters of palestine inbetween the periods of WW1-WW2. Because the jews helped the british to win WW1, the british promised them a barren section of land to settle the jews.

See someone who has a sense of history. Know that the state of Israel is the creation of the westerners on the Palestinians land in 1948. Get your facts right and criticise constructively.
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Originalsly: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2014
YoursGEJ: OP you said granting Palestine independence was the only way to end the conflict? I beg to differ. Israel will never allow Palestinian independence. Your solution is tantamount to sending a demonic child to a christian school hoping he will change. Covering a wolf with sheep clothing doesn't change the fact that it is still a wolf. Hamas are terrorists and will continue to be blood-thirsty terrorists, with or without an independent state. So independence is not gonna happen. Why grant sovereignty to a state that will be controlled by a gang of animals. With that authority, they can purchase nuclear weapons and I don't rule out those savages using them on Israel even if it wipes out their own people. After all they have been using Palestinians as human shields since time immemorial.

In other news, I am the first to comment!!! This early morning wey I wake up no be waste at all!!

Thanks to my all fans and air-conditioners. Una too much. This would not have been possible without you

OP abeg take style push that your link to the source back to the original post.
"No generation will bow to colonisation. None"..... IF ....if Russia sends some troops and start bombing Nigeria because some Nigerians been consistently killing Russians....what would you do? Would you fight back? If you do (I doubt it) should you be branded a terrorist? Would you support Russia's actions? ....after all...they are taking agressive actions to protect their country and citizens. This scenario is similar to that of Israel and the Palestinians.....are your answers similar? Those that say Hamas are terrorists...why?....is it because the US said so? If yes then you do not have a mind of your own. And to those I guess Christians who blindly support Israel /the Jews because they are "God's chosen people".....don't ever forget that it was Jews that denied him and paved the way to His crusifixion. Azre these not the same type now governing Israel?....or are they the ones that supported Christ? Very unbiased write up by OP.....very much on point.

3 Likes

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by 2good(m): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2014
Nihilist:

This is just pure BS.

I personally don't give two about the war in the Middle East, but I have to correct your nonsense.

The Jewish claim to those lands in actually historically documented from the antiquity to the roman times to the Middle Ages and end of the crusades up until the 20th century.

Middle eastern Jews have lived in Peace with the Arabs for centuries without any problem. The current problem is due to Europeans Jews leaving their country in Europe to colonize someone else's territory simply because of their persecution by Hitler. Land ownership have never had anything to do with religious conviction but strictly historical habitat.

5 Likes

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by ogazi007(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2014
dasoul:

nice piece but a better way of writing it is this, Israel is just like Russia while Ukraine is like Hamas. Ukraine is avoiding direct confrontation with Russia after taking Crimea and supporting the secession of Donetsk cos Ukraine knows that it could only win through diplomacy not on the millitary battle ground. Hamas should do the same. avoid confronting an enemy you cannot defeat on military ground, use diplomacy.

Ukraine have the support of the Americans;and the UN are sympathetic to their course,therefore,they are pretty sure diplomacy will resolve the issues.Hamas on the other hand is tagged as Terrorist,even when Palestine have exhausted all the peaceful means to resolve the problem with the jews.UN passed resolutions and Israel chooses the one to accept and ignore the rest.Jews are looking for every possible means to display their military power,attack whoever they wanna attack and label those few that wanna protect themselves as Terrorist and double check even the air they breath so that they cant even raise their hands when they decides to kill them.Its the hypocrisy of the west that making jews untouchable trust me.
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by oluamid(m): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2014
anyaekekehinde:

I have heard many people make this statement, but when i ask them question they find it difficult to reply.
What makes modern day isreal different from isreal in the bible.
Do you know that i have traced this statement you just made to anti-semitic christians(christians who hate jews), and wil do everything possible(including distorting history) to destroy the jews. The roman catholics were among the christian groups that started this statement, bkos they resent the jews(now,let me say this, the jews also hate christians), but unfortunately the bible which the catholics use is filled with jewish stories, bkos they couldnt reconcile their hatred for jews with bible teachings, that gave birth to the statement "biblical jews different frm modern jews".

CAVEAT: everything i have written above mayb wrong or right. Its my own personal research.

But, I wana ask a question, Is biblical egypt different from Modern day egypt.

I don't in anyway hate Jews but I won't say I'm in love with them either. I'm totally indifferent to Jews. If I want to hate a tribe why would I need to go as far as Israel to hate one when there are over 200 tribes I can "hate" in Nigeria?

As to your question: Yes, biblical Egypt is very different from the modern one. The biblical Egypt was the land of the Pharaohs, one of the world power at that time (according to the bible), but now? Even Amun Ra won't recognize modern Egypt.
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Nihilist: 11:03am On Jul 23, 2014
2good:

Middle eastern Jews have lived in Peace with the Arabs for centuries without any problem. The current problem is due to Europeans Jews leaving their country in Europe to colonize someone else's territory simply because of their persecution by Hitler. Land ownership have never had anything to do with religious conviction but strictly historical habitat.

Like I said earlier,

Nihilist:

What a lot you 'funky hipsters' have been pushing is a false narrative of a tiny group of Palestinians squaring up to a colonialist Israel.
That narrative is simply untrue.
This is a battle for resources that has been going on for millennia, and each of the combating ethnic groups has had the upper hand at some point.

The Ottomans who conquered and held Jerusalem from 1516 till 1917 (over 400 years)were the biggest and premier Muslim empire in history....

They were from Turkey. Turkey IS in Europe

And before them,the area in contention had at some point been ruled by the Romans from Italy, the Persians from Iran, and the English from England

So your thing about "leaving their country in Europe to colonize someone else's territory" is quite simply horse manure.

These people have been fighting this war for thousands of years. This is not a good vs evil or big vs small narrative.

This is a case of squabbling neighbours who hate each other intensely and will never quit.

Which is why a 2 party state would be disastrous. It would empower Palestine and would lead to a vicious escalation of this war.

Power is cyclical, and it's simply Israel's turn to dominate now. Palestine's time may yet come in the future..
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by oluamid(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2014
slimpoppa:

The same way Aljazeera is giving a biased and one sided coverage and reporting of the situation. Covering and reporting only Palestinian casualties.

The best thing would be to get your news from both sides of the divide before drawing your own conclusions. The media you listen to is powerful enough to form your opinion for you but only if you allow it to.
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Barywhyte(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2014
abdulkayus:

LOL, jus imagine wat dis brainwash guy is spewin out. And u will call ur self a human wit sense, I doubt dat. Guy, sit down, calm down and think if wat u jus wrote make sense to humans.

Mr. Islam Abdu, just make your point and leave the scene. You dont have to be abusive to do that
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Empiree: 11:11am On Jul 23, 2014
Vado:

Dude, Christians aren't looking at this conflict from that angle at all. Whatever the Jews think of Christ, Mary etc is none of our business and we won't automatically harbor hatred for them because of that. We are for common sense and humanity.

But wait a min, how do you even intend to dissuade us of a cordial relationship when YOUR QURAN beg to differ here: Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Sorry buddy, @ bold does not mean all Jews and all Christians. We apply methodology here. Quran is talking about specific people from among Jews and Christians who would be wicked and transgressors. At the time Quran was revealed, Jews and Christians were eternal enemies. So this verse of the Quran you quoted anticipated alliance of certain folks from jews and christians in the End Time. That's, Jude-Chrisitian zionists alliance. Has that alliance emerged now?. Absolutely. Clear example is obvious on NL.

All you have to do is read Christian comments. Many of them make alliance with impostor Israel they cant even explain. This is What Quran is talking about. And it says when such alliance emerges, Muslims must not make friends with them. So to counter your claim, many Muslims have Christians friends including myself.

Another verse of Quran say " You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers (muslims)[to be] the Jews and those who associate others with Allah ; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant". 5:82

1 Like

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Jehoshua: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2014
brosss: Nice write up, but Contrary to what you suggested, Mr. Netenyahu has been one of the most admired isreali leaders, who takes protection of israelis as priority.
Any sane leader wouldn't sit back and allow an unprovoked shelling to go unanswered..... Shelling so sever that under 3days, over 2000 shells have been fired into israel. But for the prudence of developing the iron dome system, we might have been looking at a more severe terror. Now recall that, and as Hamas knows, Israel is a nuclear harmed state. Everyone knows what happens if even one lone missile hit a nuclear station.
I have followed this development carefully both on cnn and aljazeera and realised that Hamas are just been the terrorists and islamists they are for the following reasons;
1) Unprovoked and unannounced shelling of israel- over 2000 rounds intercepted in two days
2) Forcefully Digging tunnel and trench networks from innocent palestinian homes into israeli territories
3) Turning down a humanitarian cease fire, and playing it down as joke
4) Inability to provide a reason for the resent spate of attacks on israelis- the hamas spokesman, just couldn't answer the question.
5) Using innocent palestinians as human shields.

Now, let me state categorically that israel has never resisted a free and independent palestine. Matter of fact, they have always supported a palestine that's free from the clutches of terror organisations like Hamas and hezbola. Here are the few commitments made b israel...
1) Evacuating the entire gaza strip, even after constructing estates to accommodate some of its six million people. The relative size of gaza to israel is like, ibadan to Nigeria. Imagine the cost and discomfort. Why, because they wanted sustained peace.
2) Proposing and honoring a cease fire, till hamas called it of by rocket fires, looking to catch israelis of guard.
3) Giving a 6hour humanitarian cease fire while enduring rocket fire, to give the innocent palestinians time to move out of the comflit zone.
4) Pre- announcing their reason for entering into gaza, to snuff out those trench rats trying to dig into israel to cause havoc.
5) Israel has maintained that her goal is for a sustained peace! Which isn't out of place

Mr Netenyahu has always stated that its not Israelis desire to roll into gaza, but she is been systematically forced to go into gaza to protect her citizen.... In military terms, meet he enemy in her territory, so your land, won't be the comflit zone,,,, also.... Its always better to meet your enemy at the gate.

Palestinian can get all the independence they desire,afterall, Israel has never and never desires to colonize any state not to talk of Palestinians. They can equally elect as much presidents as they need.... All israel asks, is.......SUSTAINED PEACE for her citizens, so they don't have to run to bomb shelters every hour of the day without warning.

Last bullet......... If only someone like Netenyahu was our president......... Boko haram would have been-----------(you complete the sentence)

Humbly
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by conyema12(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2014
So long as the Oil keeps gushing out in millions of barrels the likes of Hamas and hezibolla will always flourish.

The support they get from oil money from Iran, Saudi, and other middle Eastern countries is enough to Equip Nigerian army.

Americans know this.. but they dare not blow their relationship with saudi Arabia which is anchored around oil.
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by JuanDeDios: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2014
shorexng: I wonder why some people find the truth hard to tell. So Arab nations are not to be blamed too? And who is colonizing the Palestinians? Why is nobody saying something about the Arabs plans to wipe off Israel which they have said time and again?
When did the Arabs say this?
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Empiree: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2014
ogbonnajude507: HMMM AFTER READING THE POST AND THE VARIOUS COMMENTS I FEEL I SHOULD COMMENT....well from time immemorial this fight has been,u guys remember the bibles old testament the son from the slave woman abrams ofspring ishmail,pls be guided also the fight between jacob and esau the birth right thing.the present israel and palestianians are the descendant of both.the present day fight between both nation is as a result of the hamas group acknowledging the supremacy of the israelites thereby making every effort to wipe them out.the bible and the quaran also stated that no nation can stand against israel.hamas is just a stubborn terrorist group that are bent on jeopardizing the lives of innocent citizens of palestines to think they can stand against the ground incursion of israel.

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Embosman: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2014
robertogun: There will never be peace btw Israel and the enemies of Israel(Arabs). Somewhere in the book of Exodus says that the Generation of Esau will always be in constant conflict with their Brothers: " generation of Jacob" pls bible scholars should help us out with that bible passage. So in a nutshell, the word of God has said that the Arabs will always be in conflict with the Israeli Nation.

abeg wait. is esau a decent of Ishmael?
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by abdulkayus(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2014
Barywhyte:

Mr. Islam Abdu, just make your point and leave the scene. You dont have to be abusive to do that

Dude that is nt my name and am nt abusin.
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by abdulkayus(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2014
Nihilist:

Like I said earlier,

The Ottomans who conquered and held Jerusalem from 1516 till 1917 (over 400 years)were the biggest and premier Muslim empire in history....

They were from Turkey. Turkey IS in Europe

And before them,the area in contention had at some point been ruled by the Romans from Italy, the Persians from Iran, and the English from England

So your thing about "leaving their country in Europe to colonize someone else's territory" is quite simply horse manure.

These people have been fighting this war for thousands of years. This is not a good vs evil or big vs small narrative.

This is a case of squabbling neighbours who hate each other intensely and will never quit.

Which is why a 2 party state would be disastrous. It would empower Palestine and would lead to a vicious escalation of this war.

Power is cyclical, and it's simply Israel's turn to dominate now. Palestine's time may yet come in the future..

Are u human at all?
Ur rhetoric make me puke
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by cirmuell(m): 11:32am On Jul 23, 2014
smemud: oga read news very well before u post, one of the demand of hamas is for the isrealis to end the blockade of gaza so get ur fact rite before posting
yes and to HAVE JERUSALEM which is not gonna happen. Btw don't read NEWS, study HISTORY!

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Nihilist: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2014
abdulkayus:

Are u human at all?
Ur rhetoric make me puke

It's a free world..
You can puke if you want....

Feel free to Go and Die too... cheesy
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by publicenemy(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2014
Missy89: Arab nations wont even accept a Palestinian state. especially Egypt, Jordan and Syria.

Why wont they?
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by cirmuell(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2014
2good:

and you think Arabs own that place? undecided mtcheew!
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by 2good(m): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2014
cirmuell: and you think Arabs own that place? undecided mtcheew!

No the Arabs don't own that place. The people living there historically own that place irrespective of their religious conviction and these people are called Palestinians. People change their religion every day and that does not deprive them of their right to their property. That is just common sense.

1 Like

Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Embosman: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2014
anyaekekehinde:

a barren section of the land is equal to 55% of the land abi?
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by Nihilist: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2014
2good:

No the Arabs don't own that place. The people living there historically own that place irrespective of their religious conviction and these people are called Palestinians. People change their religion every day and that does not deprive them of their right to their property. That is just common sense.

Historically the people living there have varied over time and nobody actually has the sole exclusive claim to the area.
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by manosteel(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2014
Like you said, this is an age long conflict older than Jesus christ or Mohammed himself, King Saul, King David, Sampson, etc former leaders of Israel tried their best to achieve piece with Israel's Neighbors but it was only momentarily. This is bitter truth, US cannot abandon Israel, and Israel cannot crush Hamas. Both sides only need to sit down on the table and make that painful compromise that will see them live side by side in peace even if Jerusalem needs to be divided into two. I don't see any big deal there after all, Bethlehem of Judea where Jesus was born is in West Bank which is Palestine territory.
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by 2good(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2014
Nihilist:

Historically the people living there have varied over time and nobody actually has the sole exclusive claim to the area.

European Jews migrated en mass after end of second world war. The Jewish population was 20% in the early 1940's and there was relative peace in the region. Just like Europeans migrated to Australia, Africa and America to subdue the local, they did the same thing in the Palestinian territory only that they got more resistance than they experienced from Africa, Australia and America. Apartheid was enforced in South Africa in the same period and remember Nelson Mandela picked up arm and fought the then white ruler-ship including destroying of public properties and was labelled a terrorist before he was arrested and sentenced to life in prison. How is that different from the Palestinian crisis?
Re: Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East by tintingz(m): 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
robertogun: There will never be peace btw Israel and the enemies of Israel(Arabs). Somewhere in the book of Exodus says that the Generation of Esau will always be in constant conflict with their Brothers: " generation of Jacob" pls bible scholars should help us out with that bible passage. So in a nutshell, the word of God has said that the Arabs will always be in conflict with the Israeli Nation.
What connection does Esau has with the Arab lineage?

Esau should be the son of Isaac(father of Israelites) and Jacob his brother, how was Esau(a jew) connect to the Arabs .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Car, Airplane Coffins Built In Ghana / Israeli Airstrike In Rafah Kills At Least 9 Palestinians, Including 6 Children / Ramaphosa, Buhari Lead Tributes For Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.