Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? (30391 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by pickabeau1: 11:41am On Jul 25, 2014
Rather than making generalisations based on assumptions,
Respond based on what you read

The problem with you ladies is that rather than dealing with what is being said here, you respond based on your sentiments

I will try and summarise again

Single mothers can remarry and some do however it is not a given they will marry
There is nothing wrong in being a single mom as she may even be a better wife material than some single ladies

Gerrit?

Below are two posts one by a male and a female. I see no difference in the two posts... guess she also prays for spiritual relief is my first post on this issue and below a female like you who also posted with a sense of realism that is lacking here

You call it spiritual intervention; i call it realism

OP,
FEMALE

There is someone for everyone, if you just have patience and look well. She should not be in a haste or in a hurry. Life happens to us all. Just have patience and be very careful when going into other relationships. She cannot force anyone to stay with her, so i suggest she channel that energy into more important things. When she is least expecting it, love will find her. She should also stop basing her life on another human being. Even if she never gets married again, she may be happier than most who are. Let her pick up her shoulders and face her life. We all came to this life on our own, and we will all die alone and rest in our graves alone. Dont kill yourself for anyone that does not deserve it. Leave this guy and go on with your life, life is short and you deserve to live it in peace.

baron2000

MALE

The first priority of the lady should be take care of herself and ensure she has an education so she can get a job or a source of income

He may still come round but she has to mentally preapre for a long fallow period or alone time if he does not

On getting another man...its not an impossibility but she should get that out of her mind

Few single guys will settle with a single mother (her financial considerations will be a factor as few guys want to fend for another mans child)

Most who come around will give sweet words just to get into her pants

Another source of husbands: will be divorcees, widowers which also will be related to her style and comportment

Let her focus on education and income for now

PS Some have been lucky and they married the father of their kids... fingers crossed

zeb04: I see the men here trying to prove that as a single mum,it will take *spiritual intervention* to get married. Well I think this is BS.

There is nothing wrong being a single mum. There is everything wrong if you feel your child is a product of shame nd you have to treat every fellow as a lottery even if you suffer mistreatments.

The men trying to make it look like a curse will be saying something different if they were advising their sisters.

As a single mum,don't put up with any mistreatments and don't settle for less than you deserve in any r/ship(having a child,don't make you less of a woman) this is so important because your kids are watching you. If you date someone who mistreats you,you are telling them that type of behaviour is okay.

Am not so concerned about you finding a man....am more concerned about you passing low self esteem to your child.

Finally if I were to be pregnant today,I wld prefer to be a single mum than have an abortion. Peace
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2014
baron2000:

For me i think they are like every other woman. I think the hate expressed here from guys is just sad.

Thank you!! Thank God im not the only one sensing the hate. I wonder if they have personal relationships with these women in their private lives for them to be so hateful. I am not a single mother. But simply because of that, i cannot judge these women. I agree some of them placed themselves in such situations deliberately but you cannot say the same for others. widows who decide no to marry automatically become single mums. Women who have had bad relationships/marriages could become single mums. Different circumstances led these women to their predicament therefore we have no right to condemn them all. As long as we will continue to have irresponsible men, single mothers will continue to spring up.

please, nobody is downplaying the realities of the challenges they face. They will all face them. But in the end, to show you that God is always merciful, good things come out of it all and some of them turn out well. Good things we never expected to happen do happen for them. men still marry them. But it seems the comments of hate here stem from the fact that they believe such women have no right to happiness. Even success stories prick them. I wonder.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by shaybebaby(f): 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
TV01:
Nope, truth shapes reality. A woman with a child out of wedlock is just that. Percieve it how you will. Even if it is legally codified as a good thing and encouraged by the state, most men will still prefer to marry women without children from a previous relationship. Those that fail to percieve that fact do so to their own disadvantage.

Put a dog-collar and leash on your cat and re-name it bingo - it remains a cat. Give two men a licence, conduct a ceremony and call it marriage, it remains an abomination. And they and everyone else know it, regardless of the statutes. One can refuse to percieve truth, but it does not alter reality.

Altering perception does not change reality. Why are you still referring to them as single mums? Why, because the fact remains.

TV
Because in as much as they are raising children on their own, then yes they will be termed as such regardless of how their status came to be( widowed, divorced or runaway baby daddy), they are all single mums.
However fact can and does change when they find love again or someone to share their lives with. Then they are still mums, actually they will always be mums, that fact is unchanging however the single nature of their existence is subject to change when they find a partner.
You are a part of the society that sees something wrong with this, based in your perception and should a single parent come into contact with you will be shaped by your negative perception of their situation and such for that moment, that becomes their reality, an unforgiving and unaccepting society- a judgemental one. They can choose to allow that influence their beliefs and actions and validate your perceptions as the norm, as unchanging and once they do that, they are tacitly accepting that to be their reality.
Or they can change it, reject your perceptions and seek acceptance elsewhere. Can they find it? Yes they can.
Because I know there are people who share my perceptions and we belong in this same society as yours. My perception of their situation shapes my reality when I come into contact with them. I believe they are to be respected for making right choices( if they do like everybody else) regardless of how they came to be in that situation. F they share my perceptions, together we shape our reality based on that.
My aunt was a single mum, note the operative word being " was". She no longer is as she married again and went on to have more children, and is still happily married today. Yes she is the sole biological parent alive of the child from the previous marriage but not the sole parent of all her children. Her husband raised her son as his as well as his biological one with her. And that is in Nigeria.
So regardless of what you think and how you want to play on semantics, you cannot answer for people's perceptions and all you have control over really is your own. So the generalisations" most and many" which you are throwing about is nothing but your perception.
The fact that you are having this conversation shows that the reality of what you perceive is limited to you otherwise we would be in complete agreement.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
shaybebaby:
Because in as much as they are raising children on their own, then yes they will be termed as such regardless of how their status came to be( widowed, divorced or runaway baby daddy), they are all single mums.
However fact can and does change when they find love again or someone to share their lives with. Then they are still mums, actually they will always be mums, that fact is unchanging however the single nature of their existence is subject to change when they find a partner.
You are a part of the society that sees something wrong with this, based in your perception and should a single parent come into contact with you will be shaped by your negative perception of their situation and such for that moment, that becomes their reality, an unforgiving and unaccepting society- a judgemental one. They can choose to allow that influence their beliefs and actions and validate your perceptions as the norm, as unchanging and once they do that, they are tacitly accepting that to be their reality.
Or they can change it, reject your perceptions and seek acceptance elsewhere. Can they find it? Yes they can.
Because I know there are people who share my perceptions and we belong in this same society as yours. My perception of their situation shapes my reality when I come into contact with them. I believe they are to be respected for making right choices( if they do like everybody else) regardless of how they came to be in that situation. F they share my perceptions, together we shape our reality based on that.
My aunt was a single mum, note the operative word being " was". She no longer is as she married again and went on to have more children, and is still happily married today. Yes she is the sole biological parent alive of the child from the previous marriage but not the sole parent of all her children. Her husband raised her son as his as well as his biological one with her. And that is in Nigeria.
So regardless of what you think and how you want to play on semantics, you cannot answer for people's perceptions and all you have control over really is your own. So the generalisations" most and many" which you are throwing about is nothing but your perception.
The fact that you are having this conversation shows that the reality of what you perceive is limited to you otherwise we would be in complete agreement.

[b]GBAM!!! Now you see the difference between one is being realistic and another who is not being realistic.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by TV01(m): 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sophyrocks: You talk like a Crude Sadist!!! No pun intended! Just read what i made bold up there.
All this suggest is that you do not know what either a "pun" or a "sadist" are. Having said that your posting history is testimony to your "level", so no surprises there.

Sophyrocks:
You are not happy that there are Single mothers who are turning out great after all the challenges they face or that there are success stories or that there will continue to be success stories.
As ever you quote my post not in order to respond, but as a platform for one of your gibberish rants. All I have repeatedly said is that the LT outcomes for SM' and their offspring tend to be poorer than for married women and that marriage opportunities and quality of spouse are typically impaired by being a single mum. Truth hurts, but it's stone cold fact. Feel free to disprove it. Character assassination doesn't prove anything.

Willfully having a child out of wedlock is rightly considered a societal ill. The fact that the LT outcomes for some are not always poor is no reason to try and sell it as a good thing.

Sophyrocks:
You seriously want single mums to suffer just to prove a point, that they are majorly responsible for their predicament or simply because the society stigmatizes them. Seriously?? You enjoy the stigma and in your judgemental mind, they have no right to happiness.
More of your usual wishy-washy rhetoric. Whatever my wishes, the harsh reality for most having a child out of wedlock is what it is. My aim to make people understand the hardship it can cause and thus avoid being SM' compares favourably to your permissive "single mums are hotcakes" nonsense. To rightly assess something as wrong and/or deleterious is to hate? I responded to Pick on this already.

Sophyrocks:
They have no right to be happy simply because they are single mums? Are you kidding me? It pricks you when you hear success stories. It pricks you when you see that there are still men around, inspite of the stigma, who marry these women. What is your grudge with these women? Why can't you wish people well? why must you always wanna prove a point with stigma even when there is light at the end of the tunnel ?
More ideological confusion. You are clearly the one "pained" and without a consistently structured worldview. I am the marriage champion and chief marital advocate of NL grin, indeed, I want to see them and everyone happily married. I merely stress that having children out of wedlock does not improve ones chances. As for the societal stigma, it's for good reason and mostly promulgated by women.

Sophyrocks:
You will really need to stop!! Your hatred for these women is sickening!! Gosh! and you call yourself a christian? Damn!
Stop what? You want to be prescriptive on a public forum? Good luck with that. Hatred? Judge between us. I counsel against children out of wedlock to ensure the best outcomes for women and children, you mindlessly declare single mums are hotcakes, willfully encouraging a practice society considers an ill and rightly stigmatises. You cheerlead them to poor long-term outcomes and stigma. Looking for those to join you in your misery or perhaps slyly trying to eliminate the competition wink.

Yes, I am proudly and resolutely Christian. Happily married and blessed with children. I do not practice, endorse or celebrate out of wedlock procreation. And you are?

Try and comprehend better, avoid sentiment and cant, leave your pain at home, thoroughly parse your own worldview and then join the debate. Not being prescriptive, just a well-meaning piece of advice cheesy!

TV

9 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by baby124: 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Fact is, a lot of men come from single parent homes and they are good men. Most won't have a problem marrying a single mum. So OP, there is someone for everyone.

Men stop putting your diseased pri*cks into unsuspecting victims without condoms if you are so passionate about this topic. I see this topic as a justification for abortion and putting down single mothers so young girls can beware and choose abortion instead. If only you will take a step back and think of the repercussions on what 5mins can cost you. A child is the smallest issue that can come out of unprotected sex. How about STD's or HIV. You should be preaching protection or abstinence, instead of the evils that befall single mothers.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by coogar: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
baby124: Fact is, a lot of men come from single parent homes and they are good men. Most won't have a problem marrying a single mum. So OP, there is someone for everyone.

[b[Men stop putting your diseased pri*cks into unsuspecting victims without condoms if you are so passionate about this topic.[/b] I see this topic as a justification for abortion and putting down single mothers so young girls can beware and choose abortion instead. If only you will take a step back and think of the repercussions on what 5mins can cost you. A child is the smallest issue that can come out of unprotected sex. How about STD's or HIV. You should be preaching protection or abstinence, instead of the evils that befall single mothers.

of course, all these single mothers were unconscious when they were getting screwed by these evil men.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
TV01: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
All this suggest is that you do not know what either a "pun" or a "sadist" are. Having said that your posting history is testimony to your "level", so no surprises there.

As ever you quote my post not in order to respond, but as a platform for one of your gibberish rants. All I have repeatedly said is that the LT outcomes for SM' and their offspring tend to be poorer than for married women and that marriage opportunities and quality of spouse are typically impaired by being a single mum. Truth hurts, but it's stone cold fact. Feel free to disprove it. Character assassination doesn't prove anything.

Willfully having a child out of wedlock is rightly considered a societal ill. The fact that the LT outcomes for some are not always poor is no reason to try and sell it as a good thing.

More of your usual wishy-washy rhetoric. Whatever my wishes, the harsh reality for most having a child out of wedlock is what it is. My aim to make people understand the hardship it can cause and thus avoid being SM' compares favourably to your permissive "single mums are hotcakes" nonsense. To rightly assess something as wrong and/or deleterious is to hate? I responded to Pick on this already.

More ideological confusion. You are clearly the one "pained" and without a consistently structured worldview. I am the marriage champion and chief marital advocate of NL grin, indeed, I want to see them and everyone happily married. I merely stress that having children out of wedlock does not improve ones chances. As for the societal stigma, it's for good reason and mostly promulgated by women.

Stop what? You want o be prescriptive on a public forum? Good luck with that. Hatred? Judge between us. I counsel against children out of wedlock to ensure the best outcomes for women and children, you mindlessly declare single mums are hotcakes, willfully encouraging a practice society considers an ill and rightly stigmatises. You cheerlead them to poor long-term outcomes and stigma. Looking for those to join you in your misery or perhaps slyly trying to eliminate the competition wink.

Yes, I am proudly and resolutely Christian. Happily married and blessed with children. I do not practice, endorse or celebrate out of wedlock procreation. And you are?

Try and comprehend better, avoid sentiment and cant, leave your pain at home, thoroughly parse your own worldview and then join the debate. Not being prescriptive, just a well-meaning piece of advice cheesy!

TV

I will repeat myself again in case you lack good comprehension of english. Nobody is encouraging single motherhood. My first comment was based on what i have seen myself. what i have seen is that single mothers did not allow society weigh them down and forged ahead to make good of their situation. This is why men still marry them. You may choose to ignore/refute based on your own preception. and i have pointed this out in my replies to your comments many times. I guess you've got a short memory.

But regardless of your perceptions/hate for these women, single motherhood will continue. Nobody likes it so but what can we do when we have decaying moral values and since men would continue to run away from responsibiliities. Now thats what i call BEING REALISTIC. I am totally against abortions. No matter how we preach against abortions from january to december, abortions will continue. So you see? I am more realistic than you are!! I am considering all other causes of single motherhood than you are. Thats the world we are living in. You are a christian so i expect you should know we are living in the End time. No matter how people judge humans, humans will continue to to do whatever they like. Our judgemental mindset hasnt helped in curbing other societal ills either.

You claim to see things from a broad perspective. I laugh because your knowledge of exceptional stories regarding this issue is low. In this issue of single motherhood, i am aware of the varying circumstances leading to it. But you, your perceptions are fixed so that you cannot see them/choose not to. you do not want to acknowledge that some single mothers didnt become so out of choice or on purpose. Why? Because you have chosen to stick to your perceptions. But guess what, people do not give a damn about perceptions anymore and choose to do what suits or makes them happy or at least use their negative predicament to make something positive out of it. Now whats amazes me is how you are soooo quick to refute success stories. Do you have problems with success stories? Are you a prophet of doom? Success stories dnt give you joy?

Just accept other varying opinions from yours and move on. everybody cannot be ruled by perceptions for the rest of their lives. Try to broaden your thought process in this issue and quit being judgemental. Thats what being a christian is all about. Thats what jesus would do.

Just a piece of advice.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
Fact is, a lot of single viable men out there would not have single mothers as their first choice to get married to.
Having a child out of wedlock seriously dashes the chances of a woman getting married. Its not impossible its just not easy.

Before getting married to a single mother that has a daughter for instance the man has to put things into perspective, first of all is he ready to carry on the responsibility of another child that is not his. I know people have a messianic complex but not every body is ready for that burden, further more would it be easy to manage situations that arise from the way the man disciplines the child vs the way he does his other kids. Even kids born of same parents have some as the favorites, would both parties be able to manage it without rancor. I have seen a situation where the daughter becomes a randy teenager and accuses step daddy of touching her....... the list is endless angry angry angry

This is not about being sentimental, it does not make single mothers bad people. It just affects their chances of getting hitched Cinderella style, it is not a put down it is just reality!

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by TV01(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
shaybebaby:
Firstly, this thread specifically speaks to an out of wedlock birth. This is clear even in my response that you quoted. Secondly, even if you wish to broaden the discussion, it does not change the reality of the hardship and long-term poorer outcomes suffered by SM and their children.

shaybebaby:
And one of my major points being that the chances of a SM "finding a partner", and one that is of the quality to restore what is missing, are reduced. As for "someone to share their lives with", that is wishy-washy and no guarantee that there will be a husband and father in situ, or that this person will necessarily have a positive effect on any children. Abuse is x6 more likely when one of the "partners" is a non-biological parent (choose your soap wisely grin)

shaybebaby:
More sentiment and PC niceties. It's the SM that lives the harsh reality of of being a single parent. They are the ones who other women shield their husbands from, or don't get social invites, or have a 40% chance of living in poverty (<6% for a married couple) and being welfare-dependent, or fall down the "marital-choice" pecking order and are not welcomed by prospective MIL'S and have a harder time raising children, said children generally having poorer outcomes.

Because I can see and clearly identify a social ill, and clearly understand that we need to deal with it at the root, it does not follow that I am judgemental or non-supportive of individuals. And more to the point, nobody elses perception sets their reality, it's their own actions. Will OP's care and support of "his friend" change her reality?

shaybebaby:
This is just odd and what on earth are you qualifying as "right choice"?

shaybebaby:
Do the vast majority of mothers who have children out of wedlock experience this? Let alone all those who are single mothers for whatever reason (and I noticed your list of reasons did not contain, "willfully irresponsible women". In the days of "full reproductive rights for women", it's still not their fault if they have children out of wedlock grin)

I'm pleased for your aunt and cousin, but is their experience typical? Or to be the catch-all template and basis of policy or societal consideration of SM. Personal anecdotes are fine as far as they go, but they only go so far.

shaybebaby:
It's you that are attempting to genaralise based on an atypical instance. And further employing semantics to glamourise what is an ill which has a LT cost to society to mask the harsh reality many SM face.

Out of wedlock births are not advantageous to the mother, children or society, fact. If you have any "facts" to the contrary, please provide them. Deceptively reaching for the moral high-ground by feigning being generous and supportive doesn't work or prove anything - no matter how well-meaning your post is.

TV

5 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by TV01(m): 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
Chrisbenogor: This is not about being sentimental, it does not make single mothers bad people. It just affects their chances of getting hitched Cinderella style, it is not a put down it is just reality!
...and there are very few women on NL who like to face reality, deal with it, or remain calm and rational when it's pointed out to them.

We continue to bear with our women. But we won't indulge them in their irrationality grin.

TV

5 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by crackhaus: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
TV01:
...and there are very few women on NL who like to face reality, deal with it, or remain calm and rational when it's pointed out to them.

We continue to bear with our women. But we won't indulge them in their irrationality grin.

TV
Which is why I wonder how you guys do it when you spend pages going back and forth debating with the ladies who always divert attention with sentiments and conjectures.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by coogar: 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
TV01:

We continue to bear with our women. But we won't indulge them in their irrationality. grin.

TV

ouch!!!!!!
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by pickabeau1: 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
Frankly I am tempted to reason with crackhaus...these intermittent bouts of staccato posts coupled with the uncanny ability of reading what you want to see rather than what is written can be confounding

Have debates with them it descends into insults and trolling...i still don't see where hatred of single motherhood came in from

Other females even said the same

A lady even said she should not even marry so as to focus on her child..is that a hater too...

The struggle is real...

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by OmoAlata1(f): 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
if you are a single mother, I will just use this platform to say please consider your children when all these "suitors" are flocking over to you. PedophIiles love love single mothers. They will sweep you off your feet and making you feel like queen. But they only want to fuk your child/children (boys or girls). So I beg you all in the name God, be very sensitive to this. I am sick and tired of children talking later as adult that they were molested by their step father. Either they said their mother did not even notice or believed husband over them. Desperation is not a good thing, abeg put your child/children first. Your child/children must also fall in love with the man NOT JUST YOU. It is your children who determine who you marry not you.

6 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by coogar: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
pickabeau1: Frankly I am tempted to reason with crackhaus...these intermittent bouts of staccato posts coupled with the uncanny ability of reading what you want to see rather than what is written can be confounding

Have debates with them it descends into insults and trolling...i still don't see where hatred of single motherhood came in from

Other females even said the same

A lady even said she should not even marry so as to focus on her child..is that a hater too...

The struggle is real...

perhaps 99% of the ones seeing hatred are single mothers or abandoned wives themselves and your comments are hitting home. you are spoiling their market right before their eyes.

i had a rethink - single mothers are hotter than mercury. i would definitely consider a single mother of 5 children before considering a young virgin. she's got it all.....experience, maturity, ability to care for her partner, etc. surely, that's a better deal than getting stuck with a young virgin woman that you have to teach everything from the start. cheesy grin
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by pickabeau1: 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
coogar:

perhaps 99% of the ones seeing hatred are single mothers or abandoned wives themselves and your comments are hitting home. you are spoiling their market right before their eyes.

i had a rethink - single mothers are hotter than mercury. i would definitely consider a single mother of 5 children before considering a young virgin. she's got it all.....experience, maturity, ability to care for her partner, etc. surely, that's a better deal than getting stuck with a young virgin woman that you have to teach everything from the start. cheesy grin

I will not be surpised..lets not forget nothing is as it seems online
People have been known to send valentine gifts to themselves how much more posters concoct a facade and persona to satisfy some online itch.

In my opinion single moms while experienced in bedroom matters do not need additional complications in their lives.

In the world I know which some say is not real, they have to consider the effect of relationships on the kids..
Do you want to have the guilt of letting down that young kid who looks up to you
Some even start calling you dad

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
I had to go back to the first page to read all comments again just to see where the word "hate" came into this discussions.

Personally most ladies on this topic are getting sentimental and reading unprofound meaning into the guys point of view.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
TV01:

TV
You self dey try the way you explain and explain. grin grin uncle tisha grin

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by 5minsmadness: 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
TV01:

We continue to bear with our women. But we won't indulge them in their irrationality .

TV

Chrisbenogor:
You self dey try the way you explain and explain. grin grin uncle tisha grin
Am telling you. He must be a very patient fellow.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by havilla(f): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
Well the single mothers I know are far from hot cakes, they are very desperate for marriage and men keep running away, the only one I know who got married ended with a man who has three kids plus her two kids from two different men, I don't envy them at all. Coupled with the fact that I know if she wasn't a single Mum she probably won't touch him with a pole.

5 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2014
any single mom in ph ..... drop a pm .
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by ElFenomeno1: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2014
Nothing wrong in dating or marrying a single mum.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2014
Why is her hope damaged? Of course she will get married to a man that would love her&the child.....there r still good men out there,Ts just a matter of time
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Babacele: 4:06am On Dec 24, 2014
Kanwulia:

She cannot be a single parent IF THE FATHER OF THAT LITTLE GIRL PARTICIPATES IN HER UPKEEP!
She may have custody of the little girl. . . BUT SHE IS NOT A SINGLE PARENT!

As for the 'marriage part'. . . .
If I already had a child out of wedlock. . . GETTING MARRIED TO ANOTHER MAN TO WOULD BE OUT OF THE QUESTION.
My daughter would be my only priority! kiss
Not every woman is 'partner-hungry' to fulfill societal or religious obligations.
If the child is grown. . . that would be a possibility.
I would date but NEVER GET MARRIED!!!
I could NEVER SLEEP WITH ANOTHER MAN UNDER THE SAME ROOF AS THAT MY DAUGHTER. . . .EVEN WITH ONE EYE CLOSED!!! kiss
Will not be interested in complicating my life by having children with MULTIPLE SURNAMES! kiss
Not my style of scattering poohsie hiarrandia!!!
THAT INCLUDES WIDOWHOOD! kiss

Anyway. . .

OVER TO THOSE IN THIS CATEGORY.
And let's say when you dating me, you realised that your pain is always mine, and I'm ready to make your daughter mine. I treat you like a god and always drive your feelings to beautiful level X, and you then realize that despite your past, I am damn ready to live in every minute with you cos you are my soulmate, mummy won't you play ball?
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by franzis(m): 11:04am On Dec 24, 2014
amazing people to date or get married to
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Safari29: 11:26am On Dec 24, 2014
Bn there done that. never in my life again. It's hell. especially when she is not responsible. Most of them are selfish and don't have a heart. You will be fourth on her list trust me
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 25, 2014
Kanwulia:
Very funny!
Most women TURN SINGLE PARENTS AFTER MARRIAGE O. . . . grin
Na marriage make dem single parents!
Irony of life!!!
MUCHECHECHECHECHECHE

The other 10% are single parents in POLYGAMOUS HOMES!
Go figure!
KPA GAAAA!!!! cheesy

Sooooooooooooo. . . .na which category be the REAL 'SINGLE PARENTS'. . . .? wink

Some married men have never even set eyes on their children. . . even from birth!
Ask ABIOLA. . . R.I.P.!!!! cry

So on point! Dads have a choice whether or not to parent their kids, with mums no options, we get on with it

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by OgaMadam(f): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2016
Kanwulia:

She cannot be a single parent IF THE FATHER OF THAT LITTLE GIRL PARTICIPATES IN HER UPKEEP!
She may have custody of the little girl. . . BUT SHE IS NOT A SINGLE PARENT!

As for the 'marriage part'. . . .
[b]If I already had [/b]a child out of wedlock. . . GETTING MARRIED TO ANOTHER MAN TO WOULD BE OUT OF THE QUESTION.
My daughter would be my only priority! kiss
Not every woman is 'partner-hungry' to fulfill societal or religious obligations.
If the child is grown. . . that would be a possibility.
I would date but NEVER GET MARRIED!!!
I could NEVER SLEEP WITH ANOTHER MAN UNDER THE SAME ROOF AS THAT MY DAUGHTER. . . .EVEN WITH ONE EYE CLOSED!!! kiss
Will not be interested in complicating my life by having children with MULTIPLE SURNAMES! kiss
Not my style of scattering poohsie hiarrandia!!!
THAT INCLUDES WIDOWHOOD! kiss

Anyway. . .

OVER TO THOSE IN THIS CATEGORY.

'If I had'
That means you are not in those shoes.

I liked your advise until I read you are not in those shoes.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by OgaMadam(f): 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
Babacele:
And let's say when you dating me, you realised that your pain is always mine, and I'm ready to make your daughter mine. I treat you like a god and always drive your feelings to beautiful level X, and you then realize that despite your past, I am damn ready to live in every minute with you cos you are my soulmate, mummy won't you play ball?

I am privileged to have met someone like this in my life.
There are men out there who can love you for you.

I know this for sure.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by Joy1706(f): 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
dytbabe:

May God bless ur union

Seriously, if a single mum don't get attention and serious guys then she shld check herself and me of these our men sef, bt we ladies can go for single dad abi
Smh
Speak for urself my darling! I can't go for a single dad for anything in this world abeg. My choice! Can't deal with their baggage
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? by eitsei(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
I don't see anything bad in a single mother as long as she meets my criteria of a wife, I will MARRY Her..
I even have a sister who was a single mother when she got married and she now has two handsome boys for her husband, so if someone could marry my sister despite d fact she was single mother y can't I do d same for another lady as long as she possesses what I want in a wife n has a good reason for being a single mother cos I won't marry someone who left her husband for a rich man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors / Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 7 Years Of Childless Marriage (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.