Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,467 members, 7,958,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

Alleged Sins Of Enugu Deputy Governor As Stated In The Impeachment Notice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Sins Of Enugu Deputy Governor As Stated In The Impeachment Notice (961 Views)

Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku / Ondo Deputy Governor Served Impeachment Notice / BREAKING: Nasarawa Lawmakers Serves Gov. Al-makura Impeachment Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Sins Of Enugu Deputy Governor As Stated In The Impeachment Notice by sluvy4tune(m): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2014
The Abuse Of Impeachment Tool By Budding Dictator, Sullivan Chime & The Pliant, Rubber Stamp Enugu State House of Assembly:
I just read the impeachment notice served on the Enugu state Deputy Governor, Hon Sunny Onyebuchi by the RUBBER STAMPED Enugu State House of Assembly.
Some of the allegations against the Deputy Governor include inter alia:

1) Disobedience of the directive prohibiting the maintenance of commercial livestock in residential quarters.
(The Deputy Governor has a poultry farm in his house, which has since been demolished following the enactment of the law targeted at him).

2) The second allegation against the Deputy Governor is disobedience of lawful directive to represent His Excellency, Sullivan Chime in the South East Governors Forum meeting.

3) The third impeachable offense committed by the embattled Deputy Gomina as itemised by the RUBBER STAMPED Enugu House of Assembly is disobedience to represent His Excellency, Sullivan Chime during the flag-off and ground breaking ceremony of the second Niger bridge by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Country people for all these grievous offenses, the Enugu State House of Assembly following the directive from His Excellency, Gomina Sullivan Chime, has issued the Deputy Governor a notice of impeachment, after he refused to resign from office as directed by Dictator Sullivan Chime.
Okokobioko! Wonder shall never end!
Is this the same Chime that disappeared from his looting post for over 9 months and handed over to his Chief of Staff, instead of his Deputy as constitutionally required, that is saying all this?
Perhaps this Chime is different from the Sullivan Chime who was in the news recently for abusing his wife by locking her up in solitary confinement and pumping her up with anti-psychotic xenobiotics, tranquilisers, anxiolytics, anti-depressants et al against her wish in the government house, as widely reported in the newspapers and on blogosphere shortly after his return from Medical tourism in India, United Kingdom, USA and only God knows where he went to seek deliverance for his cancerous affliction!
I think this Chime in question must have been cut out from another umbilical cord, different from the Chime who forcefully bundled his wife into a car, threw the few stuffs she was allowed to carry into the trunk of his car, bundled her in broad day light under the full glare of the viewing public and drove her to her parents where he announced to them that he has returned their ward and he is no longer interested in the marriage, before he appropriated the job of a magistrate and swiftly dissolved his marriage to the erstwhile First Lady? It appears like a scene from a low budget Nollywood flick, but it happened live! It's real.
Make no mistake about it, I believe Chime is suffering from tumuor induced psychosis. He needs help. No wonder he fights with virtually anything that stands in the way of his ambition.
He wants to retire to the Senate after his tour of governing his fiefdom, which Enugu state has become, so the Deputy Senate President, Ike Distinguished Ekwerenmadu was transformed into an adversary with whom he has been locked in a battle of attrition.
He plan to make his beloveth Omo Pupa and Chief of Staff a Senator. The Deputy Governor became an endangered species the moment he signified interest and declared his intention to also retire to the Senate, just like Chime. The Deputy Governor is from the same constituency with the Omo Pupa
Chief of Staff, who Chime wants to transform to a Senator. Perhaps since he will be away most times from the Red Chamber as Distinguished Senator, he wants a trusted ally to be his eyes and ears in the hallowed chamber of legislative engagement.
Pray who instigates the impeachment of his Deputy for running a poultry farm in a residential area and for failing to represent him at ground breaking ceremonies and flag off of road construction and bridges alongside attendance at disamalgamated regional Gominas Forum Meetings?
Only Sullivan Chime! Someone had better stopped that psychopath before he stop himself!
I rest my case....

Author: Soni Akoji
Re: Alleged Sins Of Enugu Deputy Governor As Stated In The Impeachment Notice by otil1: 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
Can somebody please confirm that the Gov is fine and with his full faculties. I insist there is something sinister about this 'Gov say'.

Crucify me (as usual) but I don't trust that statement coming from the governor. First, does he have to clarify? That talking to press is unnecessary and has not even helped. Because, now we know its not about chicken and its not just about not representive governor. There appears to be a lot more. Again, this is a man known to avoid press like plague, answering directly to ThisDay, not his Press Secretary or Media advisers. I no gree.

I usually don't get excited about Chime because I am one of those that believe he ought to have spread development around the State instead of the beautification of just the Enugu city centre. But in this matter, if truly he doesn't want his deputy anymore, its just best to have him get someone he can work with. That is if he is the one talking

Let me examine some queer items.

"He also noted that only recently, the deputy governor had assembled some council chairmen and warned them not to take instructions from him (governor) since “I had barely one year to leave office”. eh! Onyebuchi did this O dikwa egwu. The Onyebuchi we all know cannot even summon a meeting of his ummunna talkless of the powerful mayors. They won't even agree to attend. I no gree

“By the time I open my mouth,...." [/b]This is gutter language. I don't believe Gov Chime will speak with such mannerism. An aristocrat blue blood, experienced lawyer, experienced governor like him I no gree

Meanwhile, does it not sound like he is offering a threat. I.e., in event that the impeachment fails.... he will then open his mouth Expose who?? Onyebuchi or who I say I no gree

[b]"My brother, let me tell you....." what?!! which brother, ThisDay reporter. Never heard him talk like this. This is not Chime speak. Quote me. It is a phrase more suited to Chukwudi Achiefe, the press secretary or any media person working there, than governor. They fail that one!

"I think the deputy governor of Imo State also represented his governor and my own..." Think?!!! yes, he was not around to attend, but has he not been briefed to know for sure? And he "thinks", for a meeting always held in Enugu in his chambers. Ewoo. Ndi press unit, where is our governor?

Overall, it's very likely a cloned effort my his aides. So are we sure he is there and awake to things?

Gross misconduct is not taking governors instruction, I agree. But Onyebuchi was quoted in the press as saying he would not take instruction from a junior officer, meaning, that the instruction was not given to him by the governor, in person.

I will like to be proven wrong.

Let someone go check his bedroom o!!!
Re: Alleged Sins Of Enugu Deputy Governor As Stated In The Impeachment Notice by otil1: 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
It's not about chicken, peeps. Read below direct from Guv Chime himself.

Whatever. My view is that if the substantive head og govt can't trust his 2ic, then in the interest of maintaining healthy chain of command, that deputy must give way. Chime is no more comfortable with his deputy and the house will be helping the progress of the State by allowing him get someone he is comfortable to work with.

Guys, I'm no lover of Chime, cos of his sectional one-sided programmes but in this case, I beg to differ.

But guys, reading from him according to that report, I couldn't but feel that something is amiss. Am I alone?

Didn't sound like a man in charge of affairs.

Pls can someone confirm he's okay, serious.

I will highlight the sections. E dey somehow.

"However, in a swift reaction to the impeachment notice served on his deputy, Governor Sullivan Chime yesterday said he had given the deputy governor the option of resigning from his position before the commencement of the impeachment proceedings against him by the House of Assembly.
Speaking exclusively with THISDAY on telephone, Chime said before the problem between him and his deputy blew open, he had tolerated a whole lot from him all in a bid to protect “our common family, called the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)”.
He said rather than possibly accept the option of resigning and show remorse over his activities, the deputy governor remained defiant.

He said his deputy had severally engaged in acts aimed at undermining him as a governor, but he decided to turn a blind eye to his activities in the overall interest of the state.
He also noted that only recently, the deputy governor had assembled some council chairmen and warned them not to take instructions from him (governor) since “I had barely one year to leave office”.
“By the time I open my mouth, everybody will be shocked to know what has been happening between my deputy and I in the past years. It has actually come to a point where we need to know who is actually the boss because we can no longer work together.
“Let the House of Assembly do their job and see if indeed he is fit to remain as the deputy governor of the state. How can I ask my deputy to represent me in a meeting of the South-east Governors' Forum where the deputy governors of Anambra represented his governor; I think the deputy governor of Imo State also represented his governor and my own chose to go and play football saying that he was not informed,” he said.
He also dismissed insinuations that the impeachment proceedings had anything to do with the deputy governor's rumoured senatorial ambition for Enugu East senatorial seat.

“What's the link? We are saying he has refused to do his work and even had to tell me to my face that what is happening to him is because of his ambition. My brother, let me tell you clearly that it has no link. He has been going round Abuja telling people all manners of things, but by the time I open up, Nigerians will know that nobody else could take what I've taken from him,” he said.
Meanwhile, worried that the gale of impeachment is unsettling the polity, PDP has cautioned its legislators against joining the impeachment bandwagon."

(1) (Reply)

El Rufai Attacked On Facebook For Uploading The Graduation Picture Of His Son / Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva / OMISORE Is The Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.