Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Most Expensive Furnitures - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Most Expensive Furnitures (18277 Views)

Experts In Furnitures And Fittings Now Available / PHOTOS: The Most Expensive And Sophisticated House Ever Built In Nigeria / Tibetan Mastiff - The Most Expensive Dog In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
A house will never be considered a home unless it has been furnished in full. Unless you want your house to look sparse and bare, it is imperative to buy the requisite furniture. The living room must have a sofa, some chairs, maybe a shelf and cabinet, a center table and some side tables as well. The bedroom should have a bed with a mattress, tables and chairs, and maybe a desk and office chair to allow you to do some work. The bathroom should have a bathtub and some cabinets for your clothes and bathroom and lavatory essentials. Even the kitchen area would need some cabinets and shelves where you can store your plates, pots and pans.
Initially, you may want to keep things cheap and just buy some items from the local furniture store or maybe Ikea. When it gets old, you may even consider repairing the furniture or maybe upgrading it with better materials or dabbing it with a fresh coat of paint. Eventually, you will get tired of the design and you may opt for some more expensive, but sturdier, items.
But let us say that money is not an object. Imagine finally reaching the top of your company’s totem pole, or your business finally hitting the big time by breaking through the market. You are at a point when you will not even settle anymore for just the most expensive item in the local store. Instead, you salivate for the big-ticket items, the furniture that are one of a kind, or specially built for elite clients only.
Then, you may want to consider the following items. These things cannot just be ordered off the rack in Ikea or Macy’s. You must be willing to spend the cash though, because these items are not just your simple and average furniture, but also an investment and an asset that would also serve as display pieces to exhibit at your home.
These are the top ten most expensive luxury furniture in the world.
Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
1. The Badminton Chest – $36.7 million
No, this is not a simple cabinet where you can stuff your badminton racquets and shuttlecock in. The Badminton Chest is actually named after the Badminton House in Gloucestershire, the seat of power of the Duke of Beaufort. When the 3rdDuke of Beaufort, Henry Somerset, was 19 years old, he commissioned to have that cabinet built. The cabinet was so intricate with amethyst quartz and other stones that it took 30 experts six years to complete the thing. The descendants of Somerset have since auctioned off the Badminton Chest.

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
2. The Dragons Chair – $27.8 million.
The chair’s design is a masterpiece from the Irish designer named Eileen Gray, who created it from 1917 to 1919. It was then put up for auction at Christie’s auction house, where it was expected to fetch an astronomical price of between $2 million to 3 million. Apparently, some art dealer from Paris thought the price was not high enough, and ended up bidding ten times that amount. The Dragons Chair was then passed on to Yves Saint Laurent, the founder of the fashion brand that bears the same name.

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
3. The Tufft Table – $4.6 million.
A general store owner from Lumberton in New Jersey named Richard Edwards ordered this table from Thomas Tufft in the 1700s. The entire table was carved by hand, and features pierced fretwork. The table’s long legs have thin ankles and highly detailed ball-and-claw feet. The descendants of Edwards eventually sold the Tufft Table to an architect based in Philadelphia named Samuel Harrison Gardiner.

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
4. Ruijssenaars Magnetic Floating Bed – $1.6 million.
Yes, this is a bed that seemingly floats in the air. The architect Janjaap Ruijssenaar collaborated with Bakker Magnetics and they took six years to develop the technology needed to pull off the design of the floating bed. Making use of permanent and opposing magnets of industrial strength, the bed is allowed to float 40 centimeters above the floor, while holding up to 900 kilograms of weight. The result is a visually appealing furniture for the bedroom.

11 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
5. Pininfarina’s Aresline Xten Office Chair – $1.5 million.
What happens when you commission a firm responsible for the design of some of the luxury cars churned out by Cadillac and Ferrari to instead plan and create an office chair? The result is a chair fitted with all the luxury you could think of that a chair can possibly have. Both the back and the chair can be tilted individually because of its Dynamic Synchronized Tilting System. The cushion will conform to the shape of the user because of its Technogel design. The fabric is also so durable as it is made of Dynatec. You can get comfortable easily in this office chair.

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
6. Solid Gold Stool – $1.3 million.
It’s hard to classify this if it is furniture or jewelry. The stool may be made in China, but the quality is top class as it is made of solid gold. Yes, a stool made of 110 pounds of solid gold.

3 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
7. Parnian Desk – $200,000.
Parnian is an Arizona-based company that can create customized desks. The desk will be made of six kinds of exotic wood, including Carpathian elm and ebony. A customized glass will top it off.

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
8. Plumebanche Diamond Encrusted Sofa – $184,000.
Plumeblanche made only 50 of this sofa. It is made of solid mahogany, upholstered with leather and features a glossy lacquer finish. The sofa is shaped like and encrusted with diamonds.

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
9. Archeo Copper Bathtub – $67,557.
Bathe in style with this solid copper tub with fluted faucet and hand held shower unit. It measures over five feet long and two and a half feet wide. It can fill up to 270 liters of water. This comes from the same hands that restored the torch of the Statue of Liberty.

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by Einsthawkton(m): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
wow...I'd love the floating bed...I just love antiques..
buh...

#technology doesn't impress me until I start downloading money_real cash

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
10. Vividus Mattress – $59,750.
A bed made of cashmere, flax, horsehair, lamb’s wool and silk would make for a very comfortable sleep. The bed was created by Hastens, a Swedish company. Now, imagine fitting this mattress into the floating bed.

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by freshpreshy: 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by Einsthawkton(m): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
bath tube?...why should it be so costly... I'm not gonna wash away my sins and sorrows in there...abi na lie?

18 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by jumzzy448: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Only the floating bed made sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by datguru: 5:12am On Jul 24, 2014
Much ado about nothing

3 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by YoursGEJ(m): 5:22am On Jul 24, 2014
Shebi na yansh wey person don carry shiit na him e go take sidon on top that $27 million dragon chair?!

Thunder fire devil

13 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by Aromas: 5:23am On Jul 24, 2014
Good
Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by kingdavid333(m): 5:23am On Jul 24, 2014
Most Expensive...Most of them are not even fantastic,they are just over hyped.

8 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by Warlord3000(m): 5:25am On Jul 24, 2014
If I buy this kain furniture..

Na museum straight..

Thunder fire and yansh wey sit on top am tongue

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by SmooshCHN: 5:29am On Jul 24, 2014
Only No 4. The floating bed is worth it to me.. Wow but is it the same with that in the Garden of Eden?? angry
Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by youngice(m): 5:37am On Jul 24, 2014
freshpreshy: 10. Vividus Mattress – $59,750.
A bed made of cashmere, flax, horsehair, lamb’s wool and silk would make for a very comfortable sleep. The bed was created by Hastens, a Swedish company. Now, imagine fitting this mattress into the floating bed.
u will sleep and never wake

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by Swegzfreak: 5:38am On Jul 24, 2014
grin shift small....

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by Smartlux(m): 5:40am On Jul 24, 2014
op na only u waka come? embarassed
Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by yungchop: 5:44am On Jul 24, 2014
59, 750 dollars for a furniture?? Why I no cucuma go buy well furnished house 4 lekki wey suya change go remain self?? ? ?? ? ??

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by Frydae: 5:54am On Jul 24, 2014
LOL! grin. *ROTFL*
Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by tattesco(m): 6:00am On Jul 24, 2014
Wetin self. Na only dat floating bed get meaning. Ah. Chai . Oyibo people with yeye things

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 24, 2014
That Golden stool self!!! Am now fantasising what I would achieve if I can steal and resell it later.
Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by mekuzee1(m): 6:15am On Jul 24, 2014
Deres notin fantastic about all dis xcept d Gold stool cus nah to go convert am 2 money ooo..
Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:15am On Jul 24, 2014
The sofa cute...but what I am imagining is what can be done on that mattress n bed...others re fugly!!
Re: Most Expensive Furnitures by mekuzee1(m): 6:18am On Jul 24, 2014
chimoz: That Golden stool self!!! Am now fantasising what I would achieve if I can steal and resell it later.
igbo man...thinking business sharp sharp..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka / Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana / Today Is Friday The 13th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.