Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana (18328 Views)

8 People Drown In River Niger / Video: Two Nigerian Girls In A Street Fight / The Misconstrue And Misconception Of "Aluta" By Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by aaron6190: 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
"Two Nigerian students Charles and Eddy students of knusford University college Accra went for an excursion to the volta region of Ghana on the 23rd of this month,it was one of the most anticipated events of the semester as most of the students from knusford and other schools rushed the ticket,when they finally arrived they was a river that served as a barrier and they had to hire a speed boat to get there,looking at the limited amount of the boats and the price,they decided to talk to a fisherman to take them to the other side with his canoe,they managed to convince the fisherman and the five of them went on board without life jackets,when they were in the middle of the river the canoe suddenly capsized,three out of the five boys were able to swim and mannover there way out of the river,one of the survivors tried to rescue charles but he wasn't able to,so just three out of the five survived " http://deucesreloaded..co.uk/2013/11/very-sad-two-nigerian-students-drown-in.html?m=1

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by bigtt76(f): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sad ...instead of facing their studies. RIP

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by tsleazy(m): 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
Pls...where am i
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by ichommy(m): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
So Sad. RIP. I hate swimming.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ah!
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Olugbenger(m): 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
they managed
to convince the fisherman and the five of
them went on board without life
jackets,when they were in the middle of
the river the canoe suddenly
capsized,three out of the five boys were
able to swim and mannover there way
out of the river,one of the survivors tried
to rescue charles but he wasn't able to,so
just three out of the five survived

The fact remains that if some very important practices were not violated, this incident would not be this fatal.
why should canoe still be used in expeditions such as this one?
Imagine going on sea without life jackets especially on a canoe?
Btw, every human should take basic swimming exercises for emergency cases as this.

May their souls rest in peace.

6 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Tolexander: 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
ichommy: So Sad. RIP. I hate swimming.
you just have to know how to swim bro! The swimming abilities of those guys that escaped death helped them. If not that, na 5 casualties o!

Rip to them!
But to be sincere, they risked their lives to kill themselves!

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Vivly(f): 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
It's a small world really. My friend's mum told my mum this story yesterday. Her daughter had been on that canoe too but came down to let another person take her place. Sad story. RIP boys.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by henritinecy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
o

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Tuntheycr7: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
Sometimes cheap things arnt cheap.
RIP to dem
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by omanifrank(m): 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
ha

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
Rip cry

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
I hope Mamiwata takes them.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Lilimax(f): 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
So Sad cry
ASUU should be held responsible sad
If not for the incessant strike on Nigerian universities,
what will these guys be doing in a Ghananian university undecided

Please don't call for my head ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Ruq: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
henritinecy: THE REAL STORY. I'm a student of the school and also among the executives. When we got to the resort, which is Afrikiko at Akosombo, we were making arrangements with the management of the place on how to reduce the price of the facilities there. This time, some students were playing volleyball, some football, some around the pool , some table tennis and others dancing. The management said, its 20 cedis to eat, 20 cedis to swim and 10 cedis to cruise the boat. Charles, Demola, Michael, Bright and Edwards entered a fisherman's canoe to cross the river for the amount of 5 cedis each. They were almost to the other side when the both capsized. Bright is from rivers state and he can swim. Demola and Michael managed to save themselves but Charles and Edwards died. It was just impatient that killed these guys. Besides, you know you don't know how to swim, you are entering a fishermans boat that doesn't have a life jacket. The fisherman ran away but he was found about two villages away. The situation right now is that their relatives are around and are planning on how to take their bodies to Nigeria.

It's really sick mehn.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by bunchyproject(m): 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
God help us
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by checkdate(m): 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
. . . ASSU STRICK OH !
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by ebamma(m): 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I hope Mamiwata takes them.
will u shut up

6 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
I remember another Nigerian student died in that same river some weeks back. Let me dig up the thread.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Smartjeezy(m): 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
R.I.P Dudes...
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by checkdate(m): 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
i so much hate student excursions. God please guide me on how to control my kidsssss
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by borntobegr8t(m): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
Everybody needs to learn how to swim, it could save ur life someday

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Adesam09(m): 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ok
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by borntobegr8t(m): 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
Everybody needs to learn how to swim, it could save ur life someday

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Okijajuju1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
Chai!! RIP hommies

Na so dem for report my own story too o!! Okija Juju drowns in Cape Coast beach.. #Tufiakwa..

My own na play we go play for beach.. Na ehn my friend push me enter water when e know say I no sabi swim.

If not that the gods never sleep and positioned a friend inside that water, I don already rest mind say na die sure pass because I no dey feel ground under me and Water don cover my head..

I never go near River or Beach water since that day.. angry

And which kind school be Knusford again kwa!!?! angry

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Hardheolar(m): 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
Its really sad. Well RIP to dem.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by ryom(m): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
Very sad but drives home the point everyone should learn how to swim. Its not hard to do. It should be taught in school or else parents should make sure their kids learn to. The good thing is, you never forget how to, like riding a bike. Also our young folks need to be safety conscious. I can only pray God comforts their family and friends.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Sheyiluv(m): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
henritinecy: THE REAL STORY. I'm a student of the school and also among the executives. When we got to the resort, which is Afrikiko at Akosombo, we were making arrangements with the management of the place on how to reduce the price of the facilities there. This time, some students were playing volleyball, some football, some around the pool , some table tennis and others dancing. The management said, its 20 cedis to eat, 20 cedis to swim and 10 cedis to cruise the boat. Charles, Demola, Michael, Bright and Edwards entered a fisherman's canoe to cross the river for the amount of 5 cedis each. They were almost to the other side when the both capsized. Bright is from rivers state and he can swim. Demola and Michael managed to save themselves but Charles and Edwards died. It was just impatient that killed these guys. Besides, you know you don't know how to swim, you are entering a fishermans boat that doesn't have a life jacket. The fisherman ran away but he was found about two villages away. The situation right now is that their relatives are around and are planning on how to take their bodies to Nigeria.
anybody 4rm rivers state r always use to river.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Hardheolar(m): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
I need to start attending swimming class and tutors, just in case of incasity.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by highmood(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
Wow. Rip. Its so unfortunate. Even where I served in bayelsa, d ppl there will tell u that, if u dnt knw how to swim, lifejacket is just useless. I tried it and find out they were right. So, I had to learn how to swim there incase of any eventuality. If u dnt knw how to swim, lifejacket will even make dying more easier. Rip.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Lilimax(f): 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Chai!! RIP hommies

Na so dem for report my own story too o!! Okija Juju drowns in Cape Coast beach.. #Tufiakwa..

My own na play we go play for beach.. Na ehn my friend push me enter water when e know say I no sabi swim.

If not that the gods never sleep and positioned a friend inside that water, I don already rest mind say na die sure pass because I no dey feel ground under me and Water don cover my head..

I never go near River or Beach water since that day.. angry

And which kind school be Knusford again kwa!!?! angry
I'm asking too?
ASUU should be blamed for all these if you understand what I mean?
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by IAMBREEZY: 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
r.i.p to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet / I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka / Today Is Friday The 13th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.