Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:37 PM

20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria (27054 Views)

US Travel Warnings And My Planned Trips / US, UK, Others Issue Travel Warnings On Nigeria. / Xmas Nigeria Travel Warnings (Borno, Bayelsa, Bauchi, Jos, Delta - No go areas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by twosquare(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
Swiftboy: The guy is as clueless as a baby! Must Nigeria be like the middle east? truth is alot of people in authority are collecting bribe to shield this guys...Tex some Nigerians are greedy! Imagine our president asking for $1 billion loan to fight BH when we already used 70% of the budget last year for security and non is accounted for. The Nigerian army and police officers still use dirt-tape to patch their old ak 47 rifles.We need a revolution.Youth should stand up and do something.

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by matrixme(m): 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
I don't think the OP has the best interests of the country at heart, for going around the internet, searching for which country is warning her citizens to stay away from Nigeria. I am sorry to say, but that effort is such a waste of efforts, when you can rather read more interesting and positive news about the nation like the recent revaluation of the poverty standard, the fact that 30 car companies will soon start operation in Nigeria, more foreign investments and attention on the Nigerian soil among others. Let's think and believe positive about this nation for once. There is no perfect nation on earth, and we must do away with our differing beliefs in polity and unsportmanlike conduct.
EDIT: afkinsider.com/53705/10-most-polluted-african-cities/11/
I used to think Lagos is worst off interms of pollution till I read this article.
fortune.com/2014/06/12/lagos-nigeria-big-apple/
here is a Fortune Magazine article expounding the possibilities of Lagos. I think there are more positive news on the internet on Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
rickkid: Like what? Have you even left Nigeria before? Unexposed loudmouth angry

Probably traveled than your father infact wink. You just call for insults with your uncouth mouth, cos its a faceless forum does not warrant you to be an ediot uno, you can still respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
lol
iamswizz: All because of BUHARI sad angry
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
Do we really need them ?
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
Netherlands?so van persie won't be coming to visit me again?Boko haram na bascard

2 Likes

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Swiftboy(m): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
twosquare: who are the youths that will carry out the revolution?If there will be one,definitely not the type of youths am seeing in Nigeria.....85% of nigerian youth are worse than the present/past corrupt leaders.
True! Are they not doing internet scams already? Recall Bankole stole even more than those old thieves when he was in power.smh for this country.

2 Likes

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by scribble: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
Idrismusty97: They have issued travel warnings against Israel too. It's not a new thing. Israel own is even worst, Some international airlines have cancels flights to and from Israel. Nigeria can issue their own travel warning to certain countries too if they like. That wouldn't stop real business men and women from coming to this country. Money conquers all! smiley

i was so surprised when some foreign investors told me they are still proceeding with an investment in Abuja...that they are long term investors

cool shocked

3 Likes

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
chrisbaba1:

Probably travelled farther than your father infact wink.
yes, to Benin Republic. Abeg swerve.

2 Likes

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
omenka: Is Nigeria Israel What has the warning issued against Israel got to do with this Issuing such warnings against any nation is a dent on the image of such a nation and constitutes a real turnoff for intended travellers. Some of you guys can be so lame in your arguments and analysis. Gosh!

Are all these not enough grounds to call for impeachment of the moppets with the reigns of power in Abuja by our Ghana must go comedians AKA legislators
The average Nigerian can sell his/her conscience for a plate of porridge. The clueless one will never be impeached because those legislators are after their stomachs. Lorry-loads of "ghana must go" would shut their mouths.

3 Likes

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by tipdrips: 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2014

2 Likes

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
rickkid: yes, to Benin Republic. Abeg swerve.

still better than your father eh?

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by gabriel212: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
Idrismusty97: They have issued travel warnings against Israel too. It's not a new thing. Israel own is even worst, Some international airlines have cancels flights to and from Israel. Nigeria can issue their own travel warning to certain countries too if they like. That wouldn't stop real business men and women from coming to this country. Money conquers all! smiley
until you and your like minds reason precisely this country will still be counting her predicament!
is it not a shame to you that the laxity of the govt to put a stop to the insecurity is shame to everyone one? is it until it results into civil wall or unrest before u wake up from your hallucinating delusion of buoyant economy you saw in the dailies?
pathetic! pathetic! pathetic indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Seanixking: 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
engineerd:

Dimwit, learn how to write/spell first....you sound really unintelligent.....sorry i don't do gibberish!!!!
dumb arse...juss confess ya cnt decipher mah Flows..#HOBO# go geh a life Man...stalez
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
UpLoyo: And to say few years ago we wasted millions trying to re-brand the country. Thanks to jonathan's mature handling of the nation's affair. I think we'll fit perfectly into any of these branding:

1. Nigeria...the joke is on you
2. Nigeria, great people no leader
3. Nigeria, great nation, blind leaders
4. Nigeria, where evil never sleeps
5. Nigeria, ...and Jesus said "it is finished"

And the latest branding...

5. Nigeria...did I hear kaboom!

Where we went from N1 - £2 to N1 - £280 and the people responsible are still running the same govt

6. Nigeria, where script writers are also the actors.

so all those mentioned was caused by this present administration?

2 Likes

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Litmus: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
matrixme: I don't think the OP has the best interests of the country at heart, for going around the internet, searching for which country is warning her citizens to stay away from Nigeria. I am sorry to say, but that effort is such a waste of efforts, when you can rather read more interesting and positive news about the nation like the recent revaluation of the poverty standard, the fact that 30 car companies will soon start operation in Nigeria, more foreign investments and attention on the Nigerian soil among others. Let's think and believe positive about this nation for once. There is no perfect nation on earth, and we must do away with our differing beliefs in polity and unsportmanlike conduct.
I used to think Lagos is worst off interms of pollution till I read this article.
here is a Fortune Magazine article expounding the possibilities of Lagos. I think there are more positive news on the internet on Nigeria.

The "sub"-Saharan African narrative most always be one of Begging, Disease ,Starvation, Wars and Death. Nigeria bucked that trend but i suppose that in the end corruption wasn't cutting it as a narrative
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
chrisbaba1:

still better than your father eh?
Why the focus on my father? Or you wish you had one? Aww sorry o
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
texanomaly:

More and more countries are issuing travel warnings against Nigeria.

These are travel warnings from different countries and travel sites:

20 Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria

Canada:

http://travel.gc.ca/destinations/nigeria

USA:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/nigeria-travel-warning.html

Australia:

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Nigeria

Also:
France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain and Sweden.

Even Turkey:

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-348829-turkey-issues-travel-warning-to-nigeria-libya.html

Other articles and websites:

http://www.internations.org/nigeria-expats/guide/living-in-nigeria-15538/safety-and-crime-in-nigeria-3

http://newtelegraphonline.com/security-travel-warnings-nigeria/

http://www.punchng.com/news/us-uk-others-issue-travel-warnings-on-nigeria/

http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/1194-britain-germany-canada-and-the-us-issue-fresh-nigerian-travel-warning

“All the four UN statements showed a deep sense of international outrage but also of frustration at the seemingly helplessness of the Nigerian government to effectively control the situation. In fact, some of the statements noted that international laws are being broken with impunity in Nigeria” http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=25278

Basically people are afraid to visit Nigeria because it’s government can’t be trusted to protect its own people, much less worry about foreigners. It’s too bad. Nigeria could be so much more than what people see on the news. What can be done?

All we need are investors, any other persons should sit their butt back in their country. 170 million nor be beans

anyways op if you had used that your time to think about something positive to do in other to uplift this country, i swear you would have came up with wonderful ideas. but no, you must search for the negative news just to make fp. shameless

And both seun and his mod rats, you sir's are worthless like boko haram

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
rickkid: Why the focus on my father? Or you wish you had one? Aww sorry o

Dude, you come from nowhere and insult me like i know you from anywhere, apologies for talking the father ish, but cos u are online and faceless does not warrant folly. enjoy
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
matrixme: I don't think the OP has the best interests of the country at heart, for going around the internet, searching for which country is warning her citizens to stay away from Nigeria. I am sorry to say, but that effort is such a waste of efforts, when you can rather read more interesting and positive news about the nation like the recent revaluation of the poverty standard, the fact that 30 car companies will soon start operation in Nigeria, more foreign investments and attention on the Nigerian soil among others. Let's think and believe positive about this nation for once. There is no perfect nation on earth, and we must do away with our differing beliefs in polity and unsportmanlike conduct.

Did you even read the Fortune Magazine article?

"Congested roads and high density hardly match the world’s vision of Africa as a place of mud-hut villages and sweeping landscapes. But increasingly this will be the real Africa. Within 20 years most Africans will live in urban areas. By 2050, Africa’s city dwellers will more than triple, from about 400 million to 1.2 billion–one of the fastest urbanizations in human history, according to a report earlier this year by the UN-Habitat. Managing that growth is a challenge the likes of which the continent has never seen–and yet Lagos offers a laboratory for Africa’s future. At stake is whether its exploding growth will widen Nigeria’s huge income gulf–about 60% of Nigerians live on less than $1.25 a day–or create more equitable ways of living. (What’s more, pockets of violent insurgency, like the Boko Haram terrorism base in the northeast that has gripped the world in recent months, are a stark reminder that Nigeria bears the scars of its conflict-ridden past.) While Lagos’s rich are getting richer, the wealth gap remains stark. In general Africa’s booming cities will hardly end poverty. The UN projects that most of Africa’s new city dwellers will probably wind up living in slums and warns, “The ability of African cities to cope with these numbers is questionable.”

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
Na them sAbi joor...but this calls for stringent action against insurgency as a whole, time to take the bull by the freakin Horns

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by martolux(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
the rate of terrorism/suicide bombers is nothing to write home about..may God heal our nation.

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
donnypool:

All we need are investors, any other persons should sit their butt back in their country. 170 million nor be beans

anyways op if you had used that your time to think about something positive to do in other to uplift this country, i swear you would have came up with wonderful ideas. but no, you must search for the negative news just to make fp. shameless

And both seun and his mod rats, you sir's are worthless like boko haram

People like you...who ignore the issues and look for perfume and roses instead of facing the issues head-on are why Nigeria is in this mess. I made this thread in hopes of waking people like you up, but as usual you hide your head in the sand and pretend everything is peachy. As for the mods...I hope they were thinking the same.

Edited:
@ the bolded

How many investors will continue to invest when BH decides to take their fight beyond the North. Not that their reign of terror in the north is not enough. Do you imagine they are not heading for the high Christian populations next?

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
@donnypool

What "wonderful ideas" do you have?

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Enity: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
mencade5: buhari, can you now see the result of your handwork?

I think we should learn to talk more objectively, and like mature people!
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
texanomaly:

So that is your solution to the problems Nigeria is facing? How does that solve anything?

you tell me
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by wiringdpt(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
They issue warnings against all countries, this is nothing
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by ewosk: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Even when they had free pass it did not stop boko haram, reduce unemployment or increase minimum wage....
Make dem stay deir end joor...serious ones will surely come whether warnings or not

1 Like

Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by mizzy007(m): 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Even yeye countries dey issue warning, we don suffer o
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Abeos(m): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
and who want to say these countries are doing the wrong thing. If a country cannot protect her citizens what do you expect as a foreigner
Re: 20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria by Kelewele(m): 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
Haha!Who wants to visit a sh!thole?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Loaded Tanker Explodes Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway (photos) / 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident / Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.