Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms - Literature (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms (435932 Views)

Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Waiting For The Bouquet By Audrey Timms / Unfulfilled Promises' Ebook On Okadabooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Maryclaire1(f): 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
At last I feel fulfilled. thanking u 2 4 sharing dis story wit us.God bless u.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Olajummylove(f): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
Was following this story patiently on nijastories.com till I opened nairaland, went to the literature forum as usual, then I saw "unfulfilled promises", opened it up, read the first paragraph, I was like "wow, hope this not a plagiarist". Checked out the name, went back to naijastories.com, saw it was the same name, then started a marathon reading. Gave my friends the link,they all came here to read it and they were sll saying "wow, jummy, you reslly know where to dig them up"

Reading the comments, knowing you're married and working too... Wow... you're a tireless writer. #Team Audrey Timms
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Olajummylove(f): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
Was following this story patiently on naijastories.com till I opened nairaland, went to the literature forum as usual, then I saw "unfulfilled promises", opened it up, read the first paragraph, I was like "wow, hope this not a plagiarist". Checked out the name, went back to naijastories.com, saw it was the same name, then started a marathon reading. Gave my friends the link,they all came here to read it and they were sll saying "wow, jummy, you reslly know where to dig them up"

Reading the comments, knowing you're married and working too... Wow... you're a tireless writer. #Team Audrey Timms
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
onosj: @Audrey! May ur river of creativity never run dry, ur writing skill will not end here on nairaland. Abeg u too sabi d writing.
Amen!!! Tanx so much dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
IKJ1000000:
God would not forgive me if after reading this,I don't drop the much Needed appreciation,,,,,,,,,,,,,audrey you are good,am gonna follow you bumper to bumper as far as this NL is concerned
Lol! Tanx dear. I appreciate that
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
Fatalveli: [b][/b] cool Love letters come daily, words of affection..... Late night reminiscing! Shud I give 'em a trial @mz Audrey
Please do. Nothing ventured in, nothing gained
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
morsadh: Thank you, thank you, thank you so, so, very much, Audrey. Wish you bigger success and appreciation from the audience than this. Thank you!
Uw dear. Amen! Tanx so much for being among my very first followers and commenters. I appreciate it. Tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ormorlehwah: Hmmmmmm......... She is wonderful, I cnt bliv when the story started and ended, First female nairaland writer who update always. I luv her skills. Muaaaaaaaaah!
Tanx dear. Muaaaaaaaaaah!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
moseph: Audrey u are so blessed for this wonderful story.
Amen! Tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Maryclaire1: At last I feel fulfilled. thanking u 2 4 sharing dis story wit us.God bless u.
Hmmm....uw dear. God bless u 2. Tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
Olajummylove: Was following this story patiently on naijastories.com till I opened nairaland, went to the literature forum as usual, then I saw "unfulfilled promises", opened it up, read the first paragraph, I was like "wow, hope this not a plagiarist". Checked out the name, went back to naijastories.com, saw it was the same name, then started a marathon reading. Gave my friends the link,they all came here to read it and they were sll saying "wow, jummy, you reslly know where to dig them up"

Hmmm. I'm still posting it on naijastories bt u know hw it is there. U hv 2 wait 4 lyk two days b4 its posted on d site. So its kinda slow. Besides, I always find it hard getting to the site, commenting there is a tug of war also. I dnt know if its my browser that hs d problem or d site.

Thanks so much 4 coming over this way 2 check it out and 4 inviting ur friends also. I really appreciate it.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Uw dear. Amen! Tanx so much for being among my very first followers and commenters. I appreciate it. Tanx dear

*Pinches her ear and runs out* grin
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Cheriepet: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

*draws him back*

come back here!.... how far n howz is charijee?
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
Cheriepet:

*draws him back*

my dear,CJ is getting better.....hows you? smiley
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Toeyean1507(f): 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
shocked .Ha! Dis is big gombe o. Hmmmmmm, I can sense something very big on dah way. I love the unique style u used for d description of the sitting room. I've never read a piece like dat b4 now. This excerpt's got me edgy o. Good one there, ma. Wish u success in d competition.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Cheriepet: 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

i am gud dear.... tell CJ i miss her alot so she should beta stand up n comebacksmiley
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
Cheriepet:

i am gud dear.... tell CJ i miss her alot so she should beta stand up n comebacksmiley

lol i will do that....3D nko..
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Cheriepet: 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

lol i will do that....3D nko..

He is fyn.... have u read Mama P's latest update?
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
Cheriepet:

He is fyn.... have u read Mama P's latest update?

yup
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by TroubleMaker01(f): 11:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
Audray, well done. I found this story yesterday evening and I just finished it.. It captivated me sotay dat i forgot to baff.. my only regret i didn't get to read it early enough to av caused trouble.. Thanks for this wonderful piece.. looking forward to your next story
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Shokoloko(f): 8:13am On Sep 04, 2014
AudreyTimms: Excerpts from my completed book, the one I entered for the competition which I'll publish probably by December if I don't hear from them by then. Make una buy am wen una c am!

THEIR MISTAKES (for want of a better name) by DEEDEE TIMMS

PROLOGUE

DORIS looked at her husband as he picked at his food and wondered for the umpteenth time what was wrong with him. Ever since he came back from the seminar he attended in Abuja three days ago, he had been acting weird. He was forever moody and never met her eyes whenever he answered her questions. She had asked a million times what the matter was but he had refused to tell her.

She didn't want to ponder much lest she give herself high blood pressure. In their two years of marriage, they'd lived in bliss until two months ago when things had suddenly become stilted between them for no just cause.

The demands on her tailoring business had increased at that time and she had barely had time for herself not to talk of her husband. Understanding though he was, he hadn't said a word of complain at her late nights coming home or taking off first thing in the morning but she had noticed him pulling away from her slowly. She had kept thinking work would lessen for him to have her all to himself but it had even increased.

Was he fed up? Was he tired of their marriage? Did he want a divorce? She couldn't allow that. She loved him with a passion and knew he felt the same about her. But what if he'd fallen out of love with her? She had to mentally shake herself from such thoughts.

She had come back home from her shop where she sewed and sold wedding accessories that evening to meet him still on his blue striped pajamas, he hadn't stepped his office since he got back from Abuja. She had coerced him into taking his bath while she prepared dinner. He was dressed now on his favorite brown chinos three quarter length shorts and white Levi's shirt with brown palm slippers.

She surveyed him steadily as he took a spoon of jollof rice and dropped it again on the cream ceramic plate.

"James, I really can't stand the suspense anymore. What's the matter with you?" she gently asked him and noticed he winced.

For an answer, he got up from the black metallic chair at the round glass dining table, pushed back the yellow linen curtain that separated the dining area from the living room and walked briskly into their small living room. She felt like throwing her plate of rice at him but controlled herself.

He sat down on their black leather sofa with pale yellow cushions, placed his elbows on his knees and held his head in his hands.

"Doris, I can't take this anymore." he finally responded in a broken voice.

Her interest was more than piqued then. She quickly wore her pink flip flops, left the table and went to sit beside him on the sofa.

"What is it, darling?" she calmly questioned him.

He got up and started pacing the cream tiles in the living room. He abruptly stopped before the rectangular glass centre table with a flower vase, looked up at the white ceiling before staring at her with pain in his eyes.

James didn't know how to tell her. Could he even tell her? He looked at the lines of strain around her black eyes and sighed. She had the darkest eye lashes he had ever seen on a woman and he had seen a lot, being a reformed player.

Whatever you do, don't tell her, James? Don't destroy what you've been building for two years. His brain told him but he shook his head. He had to tell her. The guilt was killing him.

Tell her, James. She loves you. She'll forgive you. His heart told him.

He made up his mind then to tell her. He spared her a glance before staring at the plasma television attached to the pale yellow wall which funny enough was showing a man and woman fighting in a Nollywood movie.

"You know I went for a seminar in Abuja," he pronounced with care.

"Yes," she prompted him to continue as she gazed at him with her heart in her throat.

"I......I......." He stammered and looked above the plasma at their white wedding engraved photograph.

"What is it? You what?" She prompted with eagerness.

This was getting scary. Her palms were getting wet from her nervousness. She wiped them on her short blue jean gown and stared at her husband who refused to look at her.

James stared at their wedding photograph and smiled in reminiscence. He stared at himself on a black tuxedo with peach long sleeve shirt and black bow tie smiling down at Doris on her self-made snow white wedding gown who had her arms around him, flashing white teeth in a bright smile.
That had been the happiest day of his life but this was definitely the worst day of his life. Tears gathered in his eyes.

When the silence was too much to bear, Doris went to stand beside him. She held his chin and turned his head to look at her. She was thunderstruck when she saw tears rolling down his eyes. She was greatly alarmed.

“Sweetheart, have you lost your job or what?" she fearfully inquired. It was a known fact that the architectural and construction firm he worked in had laid off some staff recently.

"I wish!" he retorted and walked away from her. He went to gaze out the window into the darkness and put his hands in his pockets.

"What the hell is it then?" she shouted in exasperation. "I've been asking you that same question for three days now. Ever since you came back, you've been mopping around the house. You even refused to go to the office and don't think I haven't noticed that you refuse to look me in the eye! What the hell happened in Abuja? Tell me, dammit!" she yelled in anger.

"I slept with your sister."
Slept with his wife's sister? He should get Dave's punishment.
Btw Audrey if someone's work is plagiarized most times its on the net, so I think it can be traced. Except its pirated in hard copy. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:36am On Sep 04, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Ehn! If I catch u.......

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:37am On Sep 04, 2014
Cheriepet:

*draws him back*

Thanks dear. I was about chasing him with a big stick!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:38am On Sep 04, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Our Charijee is ill? Please extend my greetings to her.

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Toeyean1507: shocked .Ha! Dis is big gombe o. Hmmmmmm, I can sense something very big on dah way. I love the unique style u used for d description of the sitting room. I've never read a piece like dat b4 now. This excerpt's got me edgy o. Good one there, ma. Wish u success in d competition.
Really? *dancing shoki*. It means I'm beginning to get the hang of this description thingy. Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:44am On Sep 04, 2014
TroubleMaker01: Audray, well done. I found this story yesterday evening and I just finished it.. It captivated me sotay dat i forgot to baff.. my only regret i didn't get to read it early enough to av caused trouble.. Thanks for this wonderful piece.. looking forward to your next story
Thanks dear. Really? That was fast! Lol! Ahh....I'm actually thanking God right now that you didn't discover it before now. With such a moniker, I believe my patience would have ran out settling e-fights everyday. You're welcome dear. Alright!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2014
Shokoloko:
Slept with his wife's sister? He should get Dave's punishment.
Btw Audrey if someone's work is plagiarized most times its on the net, so I think it can be traced. Except its pirated in hard copy. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Lol! But he confessed and is remorseful na! My dear, I really don't know much about plagiarists. My fear is, what if they can't be traced? What if they give the story another title?

Two readers here caught people plagiarizing their work on Facebook and they got the info from their readers. So I guess it's up to you guys, the readers to watch our backs for us.

Thanks dear.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by anasbeaut(f): 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
O Lord pls I pray u get this published. Can't wait to read it
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by toykathy(f): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
my dearest Audrey Timms, how i missed u so. I dnt visit nairaland often these days. When re u startin anoda story? Pls dnt forget 2 inbox me wheneva u publish unfulfilld promises, i really need to have d hard copy. God bless u dear.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Ehn! If I catch u.......

hehehehe...how far na
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Our Charijee is ill? Please extend my greetings to her.

she will get it..

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
anasbeaut: O Lord pls I pray u get this published. Can't wait to read it
Amen o! I'll try my best

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (109) (Reply)

A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.