Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Ebola Virus Hits Lagos - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Virus Hits Lagos (66264 Views)

Febrile Rash Illnesses Hits Lagos Community, 20 Killed So Far / Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / What We Need To Know About Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Soknown: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
proffemi:

Please stop.

Médecins Sans Frontières. Google them up. You quite possibly owe those guys (mostly white) your life, because they, along with a few organizations like them, have been responsible for keeping Ebola from our doorsteps for decades. Ebola could very well have been created in a lab (another discussion that will be counterproductive at this time). You should however consider that the overwhelming bulk of efforts to keep this epidemic from decimating us, have been by the same oyinbos you're blaming (abi, what important role has any African aver had in containing Ebola?).

Long story short: please lets try to keep the conspiracy theories out for now.

Just my opinion.
Ebola has been around for a long time, It was first reported in Zaire and Sudan in 1976, it was named after the Ebola river in Zaire now DR Congo. First outbreak infected over 280 and fatality rate of 53%. The last outbreak in 2012 had a fatality rate of 51%.
I hope this will make us as a people to stand up and start to make good choices and stand up to our leaders to make good choices.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
You would expect people to actually be serious and offer preventive measures on this thread, but rather only few have the brains to do so..

While many would rather be shouting "not my portion", as if ebola is for just certain type of people. The African mentality had better be cleansed during this period. Get more info about preventive measures and inform those around you.

That's the least we can do right now.

Wish I can leave this cursed country though. Nothing is ever taken serious...meanwhile doctors are on strike while many are dying from one disease or the other.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ok... this is sad...
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by anonimi: 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
Youngzedd:

This is to show us how clueless our leaders are.

And we the citizens are clueless as well.
Or did we raise this matter with our LEGISLATORS in the Senate or House of Reps

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by proffemi: 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
masonkz: While many would rather be shouting "not my portion", as if ebola is for just certain type of people. The African mentality had better be cleansed during this period. Get more info about preventive measures and inform those around you.

That's the least we can do right now.

Correct.

Suggestion: Can we ask Seun to create a sticky on Nairaland front page with information on (a)symptoms+what to lookout for (b) preventive measures + suggested lifestyle adjustments?

I hope doctors in the house will volunteer to help with the write-up. If none does, I will be happy to generate it.

Can I also suggest that Seun and others here who manage sites try to start a chain where every Nigerian blog and site also carries such a sticky on their home page?

I also encourage everyone who has a social network page to consider linking to such a short, quick source of info on what to look out for, and what to do.

We may not be doctors, but we can kick this thing's butt!

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by cirmuell(m): 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
Kachisbarbie: very scary, that's how I sat near this man in the bus on Sat, he looks like 'Ebola' itself (God forgive me) but that's the truth. Couldn't wait to get home and sink myself in hot Izal...lol. When am nt driving dese days I just hate myself in the bus, I can tactically avoid oda form of skin contact nd the bat meat(who would even eat such) but that contact in bus , is so inevitable. God is our strength o, trying times.
what about market places, or even using the ATM, practically no where is safe except we are not gonna interact with others again...this is sad.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by ikevin(m): 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
armadeo:

Sauce
no be only sauce, na stew and curry. Just joking though.....no mind me jare, Source
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by VantagePoint: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
jared007: Ebola virus is a conspiracy by the west to reduce Africa's population. A scientist once confessed this around 2011
Stop talking wet behind the ears.
It is complacent BS like these that make Africans fold their hands and conveniently attribute every disease to the white man, instead of finding a cure themselves.
Ask yourself, why should oyibo eradicate smallpox worldwide (last known naturally occuring case was known in 1977) and now release another virus to decimate the African population?
If you think everything originated or is targeted at Africa, read about the Marburg virus.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
biggozz: You guys wont believe there was a movie made around 2004 on this virus, showing how some scientists developed a virus called EBOLA and used it for a population control experiment which succeeded in wiping off a village in Nigeria and entered into America through a monkey carrier from Africa taken for a pet into America and ended up nearly wiping off a whole state in America under a few days. These people that control things have started again. They act a movie of the twin towers blown up and it happens. They act of all sorts of terrorist attacks including a black man ruling America and they happen......

Can someone remind me the name of that movie again please?

EBOLA is older than 2004...it 1st came up in Congo in 1976

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus
read the history
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by cirmuell(m): 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
proffemi:

Correct.

Suggestion: Can we ask Seun to create a sticky on Nairaland front page with information on (a)symptoms+what to lookout for (b) preventive measures + suggested lifestyle adjustments?

I hope doctors in the house will volunteer to help with the write-up. If none does, I will be happy to generate it.

Can I also suggest that Seun and others here who manage sites try to start a chain where every Nigerian blog and site also carries such a sticky on their home page?

I also encourage everyone who has a social network page to consider linking to such a short, quick source of info on what to look out for, and what to do.

i think I support this STICKY thread of a thing...this the least Seun can do for Nairalanders and Nigerians as a whole pls lend your voices.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
deor03: For all guys cheating...please be careful

Blów jobs, séx (protected and non-protected) , kissing can easily cause transfer of Ebola virus

So those that are not cheating cannot get it abi? Smh****
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by lertee(f): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
GentleMimi:
Bayour'm totally scared. Deep fear since Monday! The issue now is nobody knows how many peeps have been in contact with the ''carrier'' before his case got diagnosed. His case is the first to be confirmed. How many out there hv contacted it unknowingly? Transmission is damn easy and it kills fast.
This is bad. Terribly BAD!
In a situation like this,I wonder what can be done. Anyways all still depends on how serious our govt is in tackling the situation. I hope they act real fast. Thanks for the info dear.

Hope you will take care of yourself,it isn't easy being a health worker right now,it has never been easy though.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
Famouspecky: O lord I pray it doesn't reach northern Nigeria too,we already have issues of our own kind of Ebola ooo.
do you happen to be in d north west? Holla back
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Godfullsam(m): 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
God forbid bad tin angry
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Welrez(m): 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Deport him to Sambisa Forest
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by oluwaKStar(m): 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
They should send d man to sambisa forrest....asap
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by pretydiva(f): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
Decibel: Abuja is not as compact as Lagos cool
stil it makes no difference. Once it hits lagos, all other states are gonna b affected
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by mezebel(f): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
ichidodo: Place the patient on quarantine.....
pls what is quarantine?
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by sage2(m): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
Famouspecky: O lord I pray it doesn't reach northern Nigeria too,we already have issues of our own kind of Ebola ooo.

Are you from northern Nigeria?
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by obayaya(m): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
I don't even know what to say. I talked about this with my friend some weeks ago and how it'll be difficult to contain if it enters Nigeria.

And here we are sad
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by iterator25: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chai!! God!! why na!! our own don finish!

after Boko Haram, abiola don show.. chai!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by DocRhymes: 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
#StopEbolaNaija
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Am covered with the blood of Jesus me n my family n all nairalander .....
Ebola boli us in the might name of Jesus ......

Amen
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Generalkorex(m): 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
we don finish for Nigeria o
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Decibel: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
pretydiva: stil it makes no difference. Once it hits lagos, all other states are gonna b affected
Then Swiss will be my next destination since Naija don jaga jags cool cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by DocRhymes: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
cirmuell: i think I support this STICKY thread of a thing...this the least Seun can do for Nairalanders and Nigerians as a whole pls lend your voices.

Follow link and read. A current write up on prevention and what we can do. Some health care professionals like I and my friends are trying to educate people.

http://ayomideadebayo.com/ebola-nigeria/?utm_content=bufferf478f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Kalvan: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
Quarantine and deport him.

Well done Lagos state Government.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by iterator25: 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
mezebel: pls what is quarantine?
quarantine is a fruit sad

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by ablyguy(m): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
Alfred234: U think this is funny? its obvious dat u haven't been watching d news. Even doctors had to wear several suits and gloves just to get close to a person infected with this virus its not a funny matter

Was I being funny? I saw the news. The same way I use to see them make a fuss over malaria. Since no one is offering any working preventive mechanism, it's advisable not to panick, hence my post...

Abeg hit my signature and vote my essay on the link there. Thanks a million!!!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
proffemi:

Correct.

Best comment I've read here!. Please Seun, can we see to this?

Leave out people who wanna keep screaming "I cast and bind", "not my portion". If scientists were using this method, they'd be absolutely no advancement in the world as it is. If this virus were to be in the developed world, everyone would be looking for the best way to either prevent or find a cure...

oh well

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Arosa(m): 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
bidexmat: Wetin dis man dey look for!!

Good question but our main concern should be, weda na only him waka come. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Somebody Help What Is Happening To My Little Brother / Lose Weight Without Starving Yourself With These Nigerian Herbs / COVID-19: WHO Says Madagascar's Herbal Tonic Not A Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.