Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. (9839 Views)

If Nigeria Splits, This Is What Geopolitical Politics Will Look Like / I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu / In Case You Missed-middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits –jerry Gana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by FatherOfJesus: 6:53am On Apr 15, 2021
This post is going to assume that Ondo, Abia and IMO state are not part of Nigerdelta, however for purpose the name they call it, Nigerdelta republic, I’m sticking to it.

First of all, I’m from Rivers state, specifically Omuma, an Igbo speaking part of rivers state. Personally I think Nigerdelta republic only exist on paper and will most likely not come in to fruition. The diverse nature of the region is stable because it’s under Nigeria, if Nigeria splits today, Nigerdelta will cease to exist.

There are so many tribes in that region with different agenda, we Omuma would mostly like want to join my kinsmen rather join another multiethnic wahala. In Nigerdelta, groups do not agree, the Nigerian Government is trying to foster peace in the region just for the purpose of oil and gas exploitation by using all means including settling traditional and political leaders against our people. I do not think for example, Ibibio and Efik people really want to be in a sole country with IJaws and binis, these tribes hardly share anything in common and forming another country will be another Nigeria-like chaos. In essence, we in nigerdelta, we know that we cannot agree and it’s laughable that IJaws are trying hard to push for another overly multi ethnic nation.

The best bet for Nigerdelta is for Nigeria never to split however If happens to spilt, forget it, no nation can come out of there. It will all come to a matter of alignment and negotiations, the fate of Nigerdelta is that it will split further to aligning with Biafra and oduduwa republic and some might even join Cameroon. Each group in the region will consider their short and long term interests, they will be lots and lots of negotiations and even forceful land ownership.

We in Nigerdelta know this, don’t let us deceive ourselves.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by hakeem4(m): 7:00am On Apr 15, 2021
I would not want Nigeria to split. Splitting Nigeria won’t solve our current problem as the same leaders would still be the ones ruling the newly formed countries

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by optionalY09: 7:00am On Apr 15, 2021
There is nothing like Niger delta they are igbos, some of them are Yoruba. The areas that falls into the east stays in the east the ones that falls into the southwest stays with the south west, if they refuse they nay also chose to stay as niger deltans no one gives a fvck really. We just want Yoruba Nation’s freedom and we believe the Igbos want their biafra the north shouldn’t argue that, majority carries the vote

18 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Sammy07: 7:00am On Apr 15, 2021
cheesy grin

Niger delta will choose 1 option
Cos Nigeria cannot be divided along states line that's the pure truth.

1. Either Nigeria divides as Northern Region, Old Easterner region, Western Region, Mid west region

2. Either Nigeria divides as Northern Region, Western (SW) Region, Eastern (SE) region, South South Region (SS)

Because I think Igbo land stretches to Opobo.
If it stretches to Opobo and Igbo nation is created, Niger Delta country is created it means SE Will cut the so called Niger delta region into Two.

Well, I'm of the opinion that its the minorities in Nigeria that doesn't want this country to split because they know its another Mini Nigeria for them grin

And plz i only want Oduduwa country of
6 SW states, 12LGS in Kwara, Southern Kogi, Itshekiris in Delta, part of akoko edo.

Would have love Olukumi to join but their distance is a bit lengthly.
Our prayers are with them, they should continue to retain our language and promote our culture.

Yoruba language is spoken in 11 states of Nigeria.
Osun
Ekiti
Kwara
Ondo
Oyo
Lagos
Ogun
Edo
Delta
Kogi
Niger

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by obama30: 7:03am On Apr 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
This post is going to assume that Ondo, Abia and IMO state are not part of Nigerdelta, however for purpose the name they call it, Nigerdelta republic, I’m sticking to it.

First of all, I’m from Rivers state, specifically Omuma, an Igbo speaking part of rivers state. Personally I think Nigerdelta republic only exist on paper and will most likely not come in to fruition. The diverse nature of the region is stable because it’s under Nigeria, if Nigeria splits today, Nigerdelta will cease to exist.

There are so many tribes in that region with different agenda, we Ndokis would mostly like want to join my kinsmen rather join another multiethnic wahala. In Nigerdelta, groups do not agree, the Nigerian Government is trying to foster peace in the region just for the purpose of oil and gas exploitation by using all means including settling traditional and political leaders against our people. I do not think for example, Ibibio and Efik people really want to be in a sole country with IJaws and binis, these tribes hardly share anything in common and forming another country will be another Nigeria-like chaos. In essence, we in nigerdelta, we know that we cannot agree and it’s laughable that IJaws are trying hard to push for another overly multi ethnic nation.

The best bet for Nigerdelta is for Nigeria never to split however If happens to spilt, forget it, no nation can come out of there. It will all come to a matter of alignment and negotiations, the fate of Nigerdelta is that it will split further to aligning with Biafra and oduduwa republic and some might even join Cameroon. Each group in the region will consider their short and long term interests, they will be lots and lots of negotiations and even forceful land ownership.

What exactly do you want to say? Why not go straight to the point. That Wike will be man from no where

4 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by FatherOfJesus: 7:15am On Apr 15, 2021
Sammy07:
cheesy grin

Niger delta will choose 1 option
Cos Nigeria cannot be divided along states line that's the pure truth.

1. Either Nigeria divides as Northern Region, Old Easterner region, Western Region, Mid west region

2. Either Nigeria divides as Northern Region, Western (SW) Region, Eastern (SE) region, South South Region (SS)

Because I think Igbo land stretches to Opobo.
If it stretches to Opobo and Igbo nation is created, Niger Delta country is created it means SE Will cut the so called Niger delta region into Two.

Well, I'm of the opinion that its the minorities in Nigeria that doesn't want this country to split because they know its another Mini Nigeria for them grin

And plz i only want Oduduwa country of
6 SW states, 12LGS in Kwara, Southern Kogi, Itshekiris in Delta, part of akoko edo.

Would have love Olukumi to join but their distance is a bit lengthly.
Our prayers are with them, they should continue to retain our language and promote our culture.

Yoruba language is spoken in 11 states of Nigeria.
Osun
Ekiti
Kwara
Ondo
Oyo
Lagos
Ogun
Edo
Delta
Kogi
Niger
Serious in can’t work, Bini and itshekiri will most likely join oduduwa as minorities.
That Nigerdelta thing is dead on arrival and they need to be absorbed into bigger groups

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Sammy07: 7:16am On Apr 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Serious in can’t work, Bini and itshekiri will most likely join oduduwa as minorities.
That Nigerdelta thing is dead on arrival and they need to be absorbed into bigger groups

Abeq we don't want Benis
They can go where ever they want.

20 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by justtoodark: 7:29am On Apr 15, 2021
didnt i had a arguement with you yesterday in another thread....??

you ipobians are soo silly....
the idea that deltans wouldnt join biafra dey scare una....

dredge river to the ocean,my foot....

international rivers....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by chatinent: 7:58am On Apr 15, 2021
hakeem4:
I would not want Nigeria to split. Splitting Nigeria won’t solve our current problem as the same leaders would still be the ones ruling the newly formed countries

Oh “Hakeem.”

Ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Igboid: 8:03am On Apr 15, 2021
OP you don't have to lie to create this thread. Omuma people are Etche people who are Igboid people wallowing in identity crisis now.Ndoki are in Oyigbo alongside Asa and they have no identity crisis.

3 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by horsepower102: 8:09am On Apr 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

There are so many tribes in that region with different agenda, we Ndokis would mostly like want to join my kinsmen rather join another multiethnic wahala. In Nigerdelta, groups do not agree, the Nigerian Government is trying to foster peace in the region just for the purpose of oil and gas exploitation by using all means including settling traditional and political leaders against our people. I do not think for example, Ibibio and Efik people really want to be in a sole country with IJaws and binis, these tribes hardly share anything in common and forming another country will be another Nigeria-like chaos. In essence, we in nigerdelta, we know that we cannot agree and it’s laughable that IJaws are trying hard to push for another overly multi ethnic nation.

Good points and to add to it, the only time I hear about Niger delta republic is only when the issue of Biafra comes up. I have never seen or heard anyone or group in real life advocating for it.

Personally my stance is consistent with that of many rational Igbos on this forum who want an Igbo-only country. Let everyone else take care of their own issues. Igbos need to focus on their development only.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by PHPdeveloper200: 8:10am On Apr 15, 2021
Igboid:
OP you don't have to lie to create this thread. Omuma people are Etche people who are Igboid people wallowing in identity crisis now.Ndoki are in Oyigbo alongside Asa and they have no identity crisis.
I think omuma is of ndoki stock not etche
Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by gidgiddy: 8:14am On Apr 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

When Nigeria breaks up, there will be a referendum. In this referendum, it is the ethnic nationalities that will choose where they want to belong. I see a situation where all the Igbo speaking people in Nigeria, the SE, Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos,Isobo Igbos and the Igbos of the lower Benue will opt to be in one country. The thinking here is that it is better to be in a country where you understand what everyone is saying, rather than a multi-ethinic country where you dont know what others are saying.

If it goes this way, Ogoja and Akwa-Cross will be on the East side, while Ijoid/Edoid will be on the West side.

What those ones choose to do will be up to them, but all Igbo speaking people will leave together, probably as Biafra

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by horsepower102: 8:21am On Apr 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

When Nigeria breaks up, there will be a referendum. In this referendum, it is the ethnic nationalities that will choose where they want to belong. I see a situation where all the Igbo speaking people in Nigeria, the SE, Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos,Isobo Igbos and the Igbos of the lower Benue will opt to be in one country. The thinking here is that it is better to be in a country where understand what everyone is saying, rather than a multi-ethinic country where you dont know what others are saying.

If it goes this way, Ogoja and Akwa-Cross will be on the East side, while Ijoid/Edoid will be on the left side.

What those ones choose to do will be up to them, but all Igbo speaking people will leave together, probably as Biafra

At the bolded. This is exactly what most right thinking Igbo men and women want. We dont want the version of Biafra that Nnamdi Kanu is advocating for. It will not end well. The Non Igbo minorities cannot be trusted not to cause problems for Igbos in the future. Let them form whatever they want to form as long as they dont force Igbo clans into it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by hakeem4(m): 8:30am On Apr 15, 2021
chatinent:

Oh “Hakeem.”

Ok.

How will splitting Nigeria solve the problem?
Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by gidgiddy: 8:36am On Apr 15, 2021
horsepower102:

At the bolded. This is exactly what most right thinking Igbo men and women want. We dont want the version of Biafra that Nnamdi Kanu is advocating for. It will not end well. The Non Igbo minorities cannot be trusted not to cause problems for Igbos in the future. Let them form whatever they want to form as long as they dont force Igbo clans into it.

But you also have to see it from Kanu's angle. If there is no agitation in Edo state, how do you get Igbanke out? If there is no agitation in Delta, how do you get Anioma out? Not making the Biafran agitation widespread is running the risk of losing all Igbos/Igboids and Igbo speaking people outside the SE. It plays into the hands of those who want the agitation limited to the SE so as to isolate them and make the agitation as weak as possible.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by chatinent: 8:38am On Apr 15, 2021
hakeem4:

Both splitting and remaining together cannot solve our problems.
Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by horsepower102: 8:45am On Apr 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

But you also have to see it from Kanu's angle. If there is no agitation in Edo state, how do you get Igbanke out? If there is no agitation in Delta, how do you get Anioma out? Not making the Biafran agitation widespread is running the risk of losing all Igbos/Igboids and Igbo speaking people outside the SE. It plays into the hands of those who want the agitation limited to the SE so as to isolate them and make the agitation as weak as possible.

I see your point but he runs the risk of including those whose hatred for Igbos have no bounds and they will be willing to sabotage our progress at any opportunity they get.

Just look at the vile coming from these minorities on social media towards Igbos and it will make you wonder who in their right mind would want to share a country with these igbophobic and extremely hateful lots.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2021
jargons is what u waste ur time type.. when will igbo grow up senses to type reasonable thing?

only igbo born by a mistake think niger delta tribes dont have plan B..

Ijaws planB is the great IZO'N IBE REPUBLIC..

bini plan b is great benin kingdom..

niger delta republic is a plan A..

2 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

When Nigeria breaks up, there will be a referendum. In this referendum, it is the ethnic nationalities that will choose where they want to belong. I see a situation where all the Igbo speaking people in Nigeria, the SE, Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos,Isobo Igbos and the Igbos of the lower Benue will opt to be in one country. The thinking here is that it is better to be in a country where understand what everyone is saying, rather than a multi-ethinic country where you dont know what others are saying.

I[s]f it goes this way, Ogoja and Akwa-Cross will be on the East side, while Ijoid/Edoid will be on the left side[/s].

Ogoja and Awka cross or whatever should stay with Niger Delta republic,what we want is only Igbo country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by whirlwind7(m): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

There are so many tribes in that region with different agenda, we Omuma would mostly like want to join my kinsmen rather join another multiethnic wahala. In Nigerdelta, groups do not agree, the Nigerian Government is trying to foster peace in the region just for the purpose of oil and gas exploitation by using all means including settling traditional and political leaders against our people. I do not think for example, Ibibio and Efik people really want to be in a sole country with IJaws and binis, these tribes hardly share anything in common and forming another country will be another Nigeria-like chaos. In essence, we in nigerdelta, we know that we cannot agree and it’s laughable that IJaws are trying hard to push for another overly multi ethnic nation.

This is probably the first time I have read someone's honest and sincere analysis of how things would shape up in the Niger Delta in the aftermath of Nigeria breaking up.
You are spot on about the Nigeria entity keeping the Delta region as one so far because of the crude oil factor.
And yes, I believe you are right about the various ethnic groups seeking alliances with nearby Yoruba and Igbo nations, as well as neighboring Cameroon. There is no better option, else the region will become a basket case.

One thing that is certain though: if Nigeria doesn't seek peaceful restructuring, then a break up is imminent. No argument.
Which also means that leaders and prominent sons and daughters from the Niger Delta should begin early enough to discuss and weigh their options.

Though in these parts, we tend to leave issues to fester until it is almost too late to make a headway.

13 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

Igbanke are Anioma people so we don't need Edo agitation before we have them in Igbo only country.No reasonable Anioma will want to have a country with Benin.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Refinedbeing(m): 9:13am On Apr 15, 2021
hakeem4:

What problem are you on about?
Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Sufferingboy(f): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2021
This people nor dey tire to create thread pretending to be from south-south?

This thread was created by a developer of asian prison.

8 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by gidgiddy: 9:19am On Apr 15, 2021
horsepower102:

I see your point but he runs the risk of including those whose hatred for Igbos have no bounds and they will be willing to sabotage our progress at any opportunity they get.

Just look at the vile coming from these minorities on social media towards Igbos and it will make you wonder who in their right mind would want to share a country with these igbophobic and extremely hateful lots.

Igbos are already sharing the same country with them and their vile, in Nigeria. I visited an Edo website recently and saw them heaping insults on Igbos, that they were added to Biafra without consultation. They kept insulting Kanu, Biafra, IPOB while prasing the Oba of Benin and the long dead Bini empire. They even claimed that the entire Anioma was Bini people.

None of them could address the recent protest by Uromi people of the incessant rape of Uromi women by herdsmen. None of them could say anything about herdsmen killings in places like Epkoma, Abraka and Auchi. None of them was even talking about the fact that they are all slaves of the Northern caliphate. Its not Igbos killing them, taking over their land and enslaving them but Igbos were their biggest problem. It became clear that most of them have a big inferiority complex and were letting out steam grin grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:21am On Apr 15, 2021
[[s]quote author=AdakaBoro8 post=100809700]jargons is what u waste ur time type.. when will igbo grow up senses to type reasonable thing?

only igbo born by a mistake think niger delta tribes dont have plan B..

Ijaws planB is the great IZO'N IBE REPUBLIC..

bini plan b is great benin kingdom..

niger delta republic is a plan A.. [/quote][/s]

Is better all Anioma remain in Nigeria than share a country with ijaw or urhobo people in Biafra. I can't be in the same country with people with no human capital. Have your Niger Delta biko no reasonable Anioma and Igbo need lazy and our oil mentality in Biafra.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by gidgiddy: 9:23am On Apr 15, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

Igbanke are Anioma people so we don't need Edo agitation before we have them in Igbo only country.No reasonable Anioma will want to have a country with Benin.

Some if these people are already claiming that the entire Anioma area are Bini people and not Igbos grin grin

8 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:23am On Apr 15, 2021
[s]
Sufferingboy:
This people nor dey tire to create thread pretending to be from south-south?

This thread was created by a developer of asian prison.
[/s]

Benin man worry about your women in Italy.

16 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by horsepower102: 9:25am On Apr 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

Igbos are already sharing the same country with them and their vile, in Nigeria. I visited an Edo webdite recently and saw them heaping insults on Igbos, that they were added to Biafra without consultation. They kept insulting Kanu, Biafra, IPOB while prasing the Oba of Benin and the long dead Bini empire. They even claimed that the entire Anioma was Bini people.

None of them could address the recent protest by Uromi people of the incessant rape of Uromi women by herdsmen. None of them could say anything about herdsmen killings in places like Epkoma, Abraka and Auchi. None of them was even talking about the fact that they are all slaves of the Northern caliphate. Its not Igbos killing them, taking over their land and enslaving them but Igbos were their biggest problem. It became clear that most of them have a big inferiority complex and were letting out steam grin grin

This is exactly why rational Igbos despise the idea of adding people like these to our future Igbo Nation. This is why people like me are in conflict with Nnamdi Kanu's version of Biafra.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

Some if these people are already claiming that the entire Anioma area are Bini people and not Igbos grin grin

Benin people can only dream about having Anioma. Some people are useless how can you claim people that doesn't understand your language or bear your name?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Bkayyy: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2021
Sammy07:

Abeq we don't want Benis
They can go where ever they want.
Bini is not joining anybody. They will be a constitutional monarchy like Eswatini and Morocco.
I know them, I've lived with them very well and I can tell you that Bini being a separate Kingdom is not negotiable. The only issue they will have is land tussle with Ijaw. As for the Igbo side within them. Those confused Igbos that shout Bini all the time. The real Bini don't actually want them. Those claiming Bini on nairaland to attach to Ika and Delta Igbo are only doing so to boost number for Nigerian politics. Aside from that Bini don't want them. They are very cautious with anything that is related to Igbo. In Edo state they treat matters involving Igbo side of the state with great caution. Never letting them have any chance

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2021
A Biafra with ijaw is big NO for any reasonable Igbo.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Soldier In Warri: I Will Bleep Your Mother Raw Without Condom, She Will Get HIV / Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code / Fayose: Nigerians Want Solutions, Not Buhari’s Meetings With Political Wanderers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.