Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. (22266 Views)

Okagbare Wins Gold In Shanghai / Ese Brume Wins Gold In Women's Long Jump For Nigeria / Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by BlackKenichi(m): 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Well done Nigeria and Chika Amalaha.
Sometimes those short legs that some of you Nigerians have are useful. LOL grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by 0rlando0woh: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: 16 years lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Her age doesn't matter, even a 70 year old is eligible to participate, so why do you fools keep yapping abt her age?
She looks very much 16 anyway

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by Decibel: 9:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
0rlando0woh:
Her age doesn't matter, even a 70 year old is eligible to participate, so why do you fools keep yapping abt her age?
She looks very much 16 anyway
What have you displayed now angry
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by euniselfyahoo: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Congrats, and thanks for making Nigeria proud.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by 0rlando0woh: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
007gal: why does it always have to boil down to tribe? Igbo or yoruba how does that affect the resulting truimph??

Even if she is not 16 years old all this talk might make someone open a probe on her age and maybe disqualify her.. then y'all will be happy abi?
It is not an age grade competition, no one can disqualify her because of age.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by bankyblue(m): 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
uzolexis:

lol...u r just a trouble maker cheesy cheesy
Don't mind me jor, just wanted to raise dust which am happy I did.

And u know what? That is the fun #NL wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by pazienza(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
ichidodo: Great,looking for
others to also pull their west
weight,we can't always be
bailing Nigeria,you know.

Don't spoil the joy nah. Don't bring tribalism into sports.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by ichidodo: 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
pazienza:

Don't spoil the joy nah. Don't bring tribalism into sports.
Just tryna clear the air igbophobia-wise,you know..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by pazienza(m): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
ichidodo: Why are the most accomplished Nigerian sportsmen and women igbos?? surely there must be something in the waters of igboland...?!

Nothing in our waters, just the competitive spirit. You can find that spirit in every other Nigerian group.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by pazienza(m): 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
ichidodo: Just tryna clear the air igbophobia-wise,you know..

I understand you bro, but by stating and celebrating the obvious, you end up puting more Igbophobia in other Nigerian groups.

Let's learn to be humble in success, don't rub your success on people's face.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by ichidodo: 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
pazienza:

Nothing in our waters, just the competitive spirit. You can find that spirit in every other Nigerian group.
Well, Every other Nigerian group should start pulling their weight in gold,silver or bronze.We can't keep bailing Nigeria out at International Sporting events,you know....
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by pazienza(m): 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
ichidodo: Well, Every other Nigerian group should start pulling their weight in gold,silver or bronze.We can't keep bailing Nigeria out at International Sporting events,you know....

You know i have nothing but loathe for Nigeria.

But,hey watch out for Okagbare, she will win Nigeria many medals,and she is not Igbo,and i remember a certain Fasugba who use to win lots of medals in track events for Naija, he is not Igbo too.

The games are just starting, i am sure we will have more non Igbo Nigerian medalists when the show is over.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by ichidodo: 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
pazienza:

I understand you bro, but by stating and celebrating the obvious, you end up puting more Igbophobia in other Nigerian groups.

Let's learn to be humble in success, don't rub your success on people's face.
I disagree,by stating the obvious we encourage our kin in various endeavours and in a greater extent highlight our prowess where other Nigerian groups might be keen to hide or diminish or not acknowledged and so bring us down to where our positives are played down and our negatives emblazooned.....We have seen it occur so many times and so we must set things right...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
shugacaneman: Chika Amalaha (weight lifted) has won Gold in the commonwealth games for Nigeria. The 16yr old who has just lifted for 3yrs now was so powerful to win a gold medal. She has a bright future at 16, as she sets a new commonwealth record.
men, beware
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by ichidodo: 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
pazienza:

But,hey watch out for Okagbare, she will win Nigeria many medals,and she is not Igbo,and i remember a certain Fasugba who use to win lots of medals in track events for Naija, he is not Igbo too.

The games are just starting, i am sure we will have more non Igbo Nigerian medalists when the show is over.
That will be very nice.......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by pazienza(m): 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
ichidodo: I disagree,by stating the obvious we encourage our kin in various endeavours and in a greater extent highlight our prowess where other Nigerian groups might be keen to hide or diminish or not acknowledged and so bring us down to where our positives are played down and our negatives emblazooned.....We have seen it occur so many times and so we must set things right...

Have you ever seen people throw stones at a fruitless tree?
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by Erotex(m): 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
pazienza:

Shut up anti Igbo, tell me what Naija sports would have look like without the Igbos?
He who dont knw whr d rain started beating him, will neva knw whr it stop!!
Igbos are blessing to Naija
If u doubt me, ask gowon why he didnt let them go!!
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by ichidodo: 10:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
pazienza:

Have you ever seen people throw stones at a fruitless tree?

Is it the fruitful tree that bear stone-scars for its barreness?...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by LaurelP(m): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
kobonaire: They absolutely do .... many of out medals, sports championship cups etc have been won by Igbos individually and as key participants in our teams too.

They also lead the pack in the crime department.

Must u always remove all doubt abt ur mental retardation
Can't u jst kip quiet and liv us in doubt undecided
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by dnative(m): 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
Very well done girl and big up for making Nigeria proud. And I must say she looks every bit 16 years.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by pazienza(m): 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
ichidodo: Is it the fruitful tree that bear stone-scars for its barreness?...

Hmm, nice reply bro.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by agabaI23(m): 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
bankyblue: /\ /\ /\ /\ sixteen indeed undecided

anyway congrate dear happy for u, anyway or method u use to win dose not matter #agecheatingmethod
Do they have age limit in this sport?
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by pazienza(m): 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
Erotex:

Shut up anti Igbo, tell me what Naija sports would have look like without the Igbos?
He who dont knw whr d rain started beating him, will neva knw whr it stop!!
Igbos are blessing to Naija
If u doubt me, ask gowon why he didnt let them go!!

Gowon was more interested in the oil fields of the then southern Igboland ie Ikwerre,Etche,Ogba,Ndoni,Ahoada,Egbema,Ndoki and Asa, i doubt if he knew that the greatest resource in Igboland is not in it's land,but in it's people.

Nnaa, cool down and re read my posts, this time around slowly.

You can't be more pro Igbo than Pazienza.

Dalukwa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
agabaI23: Do they have age limit in this sport?
There is no age limit in the event, and she looks like a teen
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by kobonaire(m): 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
LaurelP: Must u always remove all doubt abt ur mental retardation
Can't u jst kip quiet and liv us in doubt undecided
why does the truth hurt? Like any other ethnicity there are also Igbo àss clowns ...
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nice one... Congratz to her
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by agabaI23(m): 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
CFCfan:
There is no age limit in the event, and she looks like a teen
Thanks! Was just wondering why some people will always invent a reason that will deprive them of happiness
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 26, 2014
Congratulations!

She might be 25, least I care.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by osystein(m): 5:30am On Jul 26, 2014
more are coming, naija....
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by Damsman10(m): 5:31am On Jul 26, 2014
shugacaneman: Chika Amalaha (weight lifted) has won Gold in the commonwealth games for Nigeria. The 16yr old who has just lifted for 3yrs now was so powerful to win a gold medal. She has a bright future at 16, as she sets a new commonwealth record.
dats trash, even an 18yr old girl cannot carry wat she carried... ßut sha, congrats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taiye Taiwo Joins Swiss Club Lausanne Sport(photos) / Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? / Soldiers Brutalize FC Taraba Players For Protest Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.