Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,204 members, 7,957,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (351497 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Omarbah:
Here is a link that might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1z_nLaAHo4&feature=youtu.be

Interesting, I will have to read more about this Koumen.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:44am On Sep 19, 2014
how is the fulfulde situation in Northern Mali and Niger, is it widely spoken?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:48am On Sep 19, 2014
I think hausa is more spoken in niger tho
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:49am On Sep 19, 2014
and Bambara in Mali
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:08am On Sep 19, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: and Bambara in Mali
I know Bambara must dominate Mali due to their numbers but I remember a friend telling me, Fulbe of Mali tend to refuse speaking it unless necessary. It is said that they are 17% and in regions like Mopti I think Fulfulde dominates. The former president of Mali, Amadou Toumani Toure considered himself a Fulani even though his last name is Mande.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:26am On Sep 19, 2014
In Mali, the Fulani are the 2nd largest ethnic group after the Bamakan (Bambara), Maasinkooré is widely spoken in Maasina and I love how they speak it.

The Fulfulde situation in Niger republic is kind of similar to the situation in Nigeria. There are two major Fulani clusters. The Western Niger Fulfulde which is similar to Fulfulde spoken in Sokoto, Zamfara, Northern Benin Republic and NE Mali.

The Fulfulde spoken in Eastern Niger spoken by the Wodaabe and other groups is similar to Fulfulde spoken in Adamawa Nigeria and Cameroon

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:27am On Sep 19, 2014
OmarBah do you like Fulani hip hop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBXxW_sT7E
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:06am On Sep 19, 2014
Fulaman198: OmarBah do you like Fulani hip hop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBXxW_sT7E
I like African hip hop as long as it is in our native languages. It can turn into poetry at times which promotes the language and touches the youth at the same time.
Hey man, you seem to know a lot of songs from Mali. wink
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:31am On Sep 19, 2014
Found this yesterday , I thought I should share.

Fulanis mythology has 28 gods corresponding to the 28 days of the lunar calendar.These 28 days were called <<laaréeji>> ( laarée in singular) or garden spirits and were all considered incarnations of Geno. The Silatiguis or Fulani Pastors would invoke them before starting a seasonally or definitive migration.
Some of the laaréeji are found in the name of young Fulani boys today.
Hammadi, the first son is dedicated to the god Ham
Sammba, the second son is dedicated to the god Sam
Demmba, dedicated to Dem
Yéro or (Yaro in English) dedicated to Yer
Pathé the fifth son is dedicated to Paat
Njobbo the sixth song dedicated to Njob
and the last son Délo , dedicated to Dél

According to our cosmology, there are 11 fundamental forces and each can destroy the force it is derived from. You have Stone, Iron, Fire, water, air, the man, drunkenness, sleep, worry, death and resurrection. One can see that the man occupies the 6th position , right between 5 materials and 5 immaterial forces.

Source: http://emsomipy.free.fr/Initiation/Af.Ouest%20Mali%20-%20Cosmogonie%20Peule.htm, Amadou Ampathe Ba, <<Contes Initiatiques Peules.>>

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:23am On Sep 19, 2014
Omarbah:
I like African hip hop as long as it is in our native languages. It can turn into poetry at times which promotes the language and touches the youth at the same time.
Hey man, you seem to know a lot of songs from Mali. wink

This one is from Niger my brother
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:38am On Sep 19, 2014
Bororojo and OmarBah what do you think of this, Are these guys Rimaybe?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4dW3uQLju8
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Omarbah: Found this yesterday , I thought I should share.

Fulanis mythology has 28 gods corresponding to the 28 days of the lunar calendar.These 28 days were called <<laaréeji>> ( laarée in singular) or garden spirits and were all considered incarnations of Geno. The Silatiguis or Fulani Pastors would invoke them before starting a seasonally or definitive migration.
Some of the laaréeji are found in the name of young Fulani boys today.
Hammadi, the first son is dedicated to the god Ham
Sammba, the second son is dedicated to the god Sam
Demmba, dedicated to Dem
Yéro or (Yaro in English) dedicated to Yer
Pathé the fifth son is dedicated to Paat
Njobbo the sixth song dedicated to Njob
and the last son Délo , dedicated to Dél

According to our cosmology, there are 11 fundamental forces and each can destroy the force it is derived from. You have Stone, Iron, Fire, water, air, the man, drunkenness, sleep, worry, death and resurrection. One can see that the man occupies the 6th position , right between 5 materials and 5 immaterial forces.

Source: http://emsomipy.free.fr/Initiation/Af.Ouest%20Mali%20-%20Cosmogonie%20Peule.htm, Amadou Ampathe Ba, <<Contes Initiatiques Peules.>>

My future children will definitely have Fulani names no doubt about that. Demba/Dembo for one of my sons.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
Fulaman198: Bororojo and OmarBah what do you think of this, Are these guys Rimaybe?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4dW3uQLju8
I LOVED this video, these are the things I like to see, cultural events.
They do look like Rimaybe, but it's all good. I'd like more and more people to Fulfude and become "Fulanized".

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
Omarbah:
I LOVED this video, these are the things I like to see, cultural events.
They do look like Rimaybe, but it's all good. I'd like more and more people to Fulfude and become "Fulanized".

Yah their features (I hate using that word because it makes me sound like Axum) their features look Rimaybe, but they have been Fulanized and are doing Fulani like cultural events.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
found this

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Omarbah: found this

She looks like she comes from your area looks like a Guinean Fulani girl.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
I can always tell what region by hairstyle and the way they dress.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
More urbanized Fulbe

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
Fulbe rewbe kamerun:

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pullo debbo leydi Fouta?:

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Bibbe fulbe cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
Urbanised Fulani women:

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.