Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! (30117 Views)

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by brilapluz(m): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
Kay17:

The scenario you ask for is unrealistic in this modern age. A marriage is between two who gave equal consent, it would be untenable and unrealistic to convert such a relationship into a bootcamp. Women today are more empowered than women in the past, they have their high powered careers, huge egos and big brains. That's a fact, accept it.

Such women see themselves on equal footing with the men, they are in the marriage for love not as househelps or such traditional housewife role. Also if the controlling men turn out to be myopic brawns, the woman will naturally attempt a coup. So that's the stark reality.
cheesy cheesy ok @kay17,i guess u have 2 marry(or find) such man dat suits ur taste and i will say GOOD LUCK 2 u on that search wink......one thing u must understand is dat no matter how rich or wealthy both partners(husband and wife) are,some one has 2 be in charge and take some important decisions 4 d well being of the family inspite of the invaluable input from the other partner which in dis case is the WIFE...u can not have TWO captains in one ship,neither can u have TWO car steering in a car......there is no institution that can habour TWO leaders...there has 2 b ONE and only ONE person....that 4 me is the stark reality cheesy...dats y u must marry a loving and responsible man whom u can love and respect...one whom u believe CAN LEAD u and ur children well..not someone who WILL treat u badly...but if wat i have said makes absolutely no sense 2 u den i guess we have differing opinions on dis topic....i rest my case cool ...once again gudluck in ur search grin
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Kay17: 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
brilapluz:
cheesy cheesy ok @kay17,i guess u have 2 marry(or find) such man dat suits ur taste and i will say GOOD LUCK 2 u on that search wink......one thing u must understand is dat no matter how rich or wealthy both partners(husband and wife) are,some one has 2 be in charge and take some important decisions 4 d well being of the family inspite of the invaluable input from the other partner which in dis case is the WIFE...u can not have TWO captains in one ship,neither can u have TWO car steering in a car......there is no institution that can habour TWO leaders...there has 2 b ONE and only ONE person....that 4 me is the stark reality cheesy...dats y u must marry a loving and responsible man whom u can love and respect...one whom u believe CAN LEAD u and ur children well..not someone who WILL treat u badly...but if wat i have said makes absolutely no sense 2 u den i guess we have differing opinions on dis topic....i rest my case cool ...once again gudluck in ur search grin

Supposing I concede that a ship needs ONE captain, what if I'm the better leader? Wouldn't it be irresponsible to concede leadership to a worse leader?

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by brilapluz(m): 12:21am On Jul 31, 2014
Kay17:

Supposing I concede that a ship needs ONE captain, what if I'm the better leader? Wouldn't it be irresponsible to concede leadership to a worse leader?
cheesy cheesy..am happy we are slightly in agreement about ONE CAPTAIN IN A SHIP...now i dont know if u r a christian,if u r wat i wud say wud b a lot easier to sink in but if u r not,well,it may be slightly hard but i will try...

now i believe u r a lady? i also believe u r a nigerian..rite(even if u r not it still doesnt matter)...my question is simply...wen u get married wat happens 2 ur name especially ur surname..?

guess it will change 2 dat of ur husband's surname...rite?

in response 2 d bolded,if u dont want 2 concede leadership to a wrong person in dis case ur husband i guess wink ,why not marry a man that has an amazing character with exceptional leadership qualities...like i told u in my former post,u can not marry a guy whom u can not love or respect...and if u cant respect him,u can not submit 2 him..its as simple as that..but if u tink that u can make a better leader in marriage where ur husband is...well grin..i only have ONE word 4 u...GOODLUCK!! kiss
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 13, 2014
vicoson: Lost battle. The truth of the matter is that women want to eat their cake and have it back. Men are not under that illusion.. They are ready to accept the consequences of their actions but women let them get away with it. Let me give you an instance. A man and a woman agreed that whosoever that is caught in adultery should pack out. The man was caught red handed. He just went to back to the house to pack his things and the woman was like - what do you think you are doing?
All men and women are equal but some are more equal than others. I do not support adultery. My point is that men don't expect women to tolerate it. They do it because they know they can do it.

You have a valid point in the above bolded. Most african women are really just annoying in that aspect, no backbone.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by owunnegodswill(m): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
@ poster,thunder go fire ur left nyash there.jazibel,home breaker,man destroyer.Ajo nwanyi.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by omalicha001(f): 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Relationship101: Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans have experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I lopve women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?

BUT*clears throat* for those idiots that think men are the HEAD which automatically place women somewhere beneath, I pray you fall into river niger and drown (fortunately for you, that isn't going to happen) but I still wish bad for you. To all those stupid women that has been brainwashed into thinking that they need to be beaten, harassed or maltreated for them to BE a woman, I pray you go to hell fire. You have lost your sense of becoming 'yourself'. You've sold your soul to an ideology that is contrary to the ethics of being a human being. To all those clergy that preaches 'submission' to women. I come against you with all my might. You have destroyed our women. You have made our wife remain in an abusive home simply because they need to be submissive to their fucking husband. What actually is submission? Is it the 21st century term for slavery. Woe unto you! You have made the teenagers in my street think that they need to FEAR men and give them respects they don't deserve simply because they are men.

Marriage is not a hierarchy of positions. It is partnership. It is BEING together. It is LOVE. It is kissing all night by the moon light without any thought for tomorrow. Women are not baby making machines. Their DUTY is not to be used.

A marriage without children can also be a sweet marriage if both parties agree together. Don't call the woman witch. (Yes I am talking to you the useless in-laws). Go get a job and stay away from peoples life. Women pride is my pride. Women courage is my courage. Women freedom is my freedom. I love women.
[b]
Relationship101: Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans have experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I lopve women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?

BUT*clears throat* for those idiots that think men are the HEAD which automatically place women somewhere beneath, I pray you fall into river niger and drown (fortunately for you, that isn't going to happen) but I still wish bad for you. To all those stupid women that has been brainwashed into thinking that they need to be beaten, harassed or maltreated for them to BE a woman, I pray you go to hell fire. You have lost your sense of becoming 'yourself'. You've sold your soul to an ideology that is contrary to the ethics of being a human being. To all those clergy that preaches 'submission' to women. I come against you with all my might. You have destroyed our women. You have made our wife remain in an abusive home simply because they need to be submissive to their fucking husband. What actually is submission? Is it the 21st century term for slavery. Woe unto you! You have made the teenagers in my street think that they need to FEAR men and give them respects they don't deserve simply because they are men.

Marriage is not a hierarchy of positions. It is partnership. It is BEING together. It is LOVE. It is kissing all night by the moon light without any thought for tomorrow. Women are not baby making machines. Their DUTY is not to be used.

A marriage without children can also be a sweet marriage if both parties agree together. Don't call the woman witch. (Yes I am talking to you the useless in-laws). Go get a job and stay away from peoples life. Women pride is my pride. Women courage is my courage. Women freedom is my freedom. I love women.
[/b][quote author=Relationship101]Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans have experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I lopve women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?

[/quote...odikwa egwu oooo
diz one na strong feminist.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 29, 2014
Chai! Dis thread should be tagged 'Most stimulating thread of the year'. Hahahahahahha! Lwkmd! Na wa o! I rily hate African/black women who let themselves be treated like trash,bt I dnt blame Dem anyways,it's dis our silly culture dat has ingrained dos tots as if dey wia made by God Himself! Ok,am not dragging religion into dis for d likes of d OP who dnt hav spiritual beliefs! Joomie was the only lady who made d most LOGICAL point on dis topic. As for d rest,including,d OP una get serious issues ranging frm feminism to misogyny to egotism n wat a view! Still I enjoyed d thread*still smiling* grin
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by boygeorge: 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
could this be madness or signs of it?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Miztahbk(m): 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
You just came here to talk shit...
Seems ur having a bad Christmas [sub][/sub] embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage / The Moment A Mother Pleaded With Her Quintuplets To Allow Her To Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.