Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! (30120 Views)

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by shizzleStar: 3:02am On Jul 28, 2014
joomiegirl:

Many thanks sir...

Although the thinking of the women who support the OP may not neccessarily have anything to do with the state of the homes they came from, good or otherwise... smiley

Na the feminism movement cause all this casala.
I'm an advocate of equality in the workplace: equal work, equal pay, no gender discrimination with respect to promotions, merit, and all that. Those are some of their ideals.

They just don't know that they should draw the line at equality in marriage...totally different playground, totally different institution. Different ball game!

And many don't really care to know the real meaning of submission in marriage...they often mistake it as acceptance of physical abuse and battery. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I'm aware, the reason for the repetitive use of 'some'/'most' in my comment.

Its a shame. God bless you.

Thanks too!

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by MztrChukwu(m): 4:47am On Jul 28, 2014
Relationship101: Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans have experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I lopve women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?

BUT*clears throat* for those idiots that think men are the HEAD which automatically place women somewhere beneath, I pray you fall into river niger and drown (fortunately for you, that isn't going to happen) but I still wish bad for you. To all those stupid women that has been brainwashed into thinking that they need to be beaten, harassed or maltreated for them to BE a woman, I pray you go to hell fire. You have lost your sense of becoming 'yourself'. You've sold your soul to an ideology that is contrary to the ethics of being a human being. To all those clergy that preaches 'submission' to women. I come against you with all my might. You have destroyed our women. You have made our wife remain in an abusive home simply because they need to be submissive to their fucking husband. What actually is submission? Is it the 21st century term for slavery. Woe unto you! You have made the teenagers in my street think that they need to FEAR men and give them respects they don't deserve simply because they are men.

Marriage is not a hierarchy of positions. It is partnership. It is BEING together. It is LOVE. It is kissing all night by the moon light without any thought for tomorrow. Women are not baby making machines. Their DUTY is not to be used.

A marriage without children can also be a sweet marriage if both parties agree together. Don't call the woman witch. (Yes I am talking to you the useless in-laws). Go get a job and stay away from peoples life. Women pride is my pride. Women courage is my courage. Women freedom is my freedom. I love women.

You could have made your point clearly without any of those curses. Trust me, they weren't necessary. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't rant like this if u ever get that one in a zillion chance of being tackled on air by Amanpour.

Calm bruh!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by LordReed(m): 5:01am On Jul 28, 2014
The OP is just an unpleasant rant with no true conception of what leadership means or what the role of a man is. I believe it is born out of a juvenile intoxication fueled by infatuation and empathy. OP is correct in condemning abuse but fails woefully in connecting abuse to leadership/headship.

I posit that such people will be the first to bail out of a relationship at the first sign of trouble because they lack the balls to lead or even be strong and are looking for a cop out for their weaknesses. No wimp crying 'I don't want to be the head' will ever satisfy a woman. Women have and will always want men who are strong mentally and physically. They want both the security that comes from being protected and the one from being guided. If you can't provide that you will be junked no matter how liberated that woman is.

OP I sympathize with you and advice you to look for better role models and mentors among true men.

6 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 28, 2014
Krystalxxx:
It's really true that women like to bring each other down..supporting guys who will turn on you and bring u down while sticking to eack other...dere is God o

Well you aren't getting it right, there has to be a head and naturally, scientifically, and even spiritually, the man is that head. This is implied when you study the actions of a man and woman, when you go deep into biological and psychological science and when you study your Holy book, whichever. The rise of feminism will only bring about havoc because it isn't natural.

As per the bills payment, show me any woman who is willing to pay the bills of a family even before getting married. I doubt any woman takes that as her responsibility but men do and I know them, this is just how nature puts it. The best a woman can do is to be supportive but it may shock you that modern day women don't even want to be supportive financially, they want a man who has it all and so they won't need to work at all. So tell me, is it this same women you want to pay the bills of her family? ? lol he'll No!!

Even a lot of ladies and not just me will disagree with a woman being the head because it won't work out well.

5 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 28, 2014
BluIvy:

If I pay the bills then does it mean he is now under me? See lazy people's thinking By the way which 50% of ladies are sitting back not studying or trying to build a career for themselves, looking for funders? Please do t generalize based on who you and your friends are or do. Thank you!

lol, ask all those ladies who want to build a career (except a few) if they desire to be the bread winner of the family, please ask and get replies that will disappoint you.

It seems you don't know that most ladies work to take care of themselves and not the family, they believe it's the duty of a man. So simply because they work doesn't mean they are ready to take responsibility of paying the bills for the family. You will go a long way to find one single lady that desires to be the bread winner of the family, this alone tells you what nature speak about leadership, also In terms of protection, will a lady be capable of protecting the family? ? Right from history it has been proven that naturally ladies want men who are powerful so they can lean on them when there are problems. This is just natural. . You will go a long way to find a woman who is willing to be the one to protect the family.

The most important thing in life that men do is security of life and property, even human being cherish security and only a man can naturally stand to do this, so from every angle feminism cannot work.

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by joomiegirl(f): 7:23am On Jul 28, 2014
brilapluz:
shocked...waoooooow....slightly speechless but God bless you and grant u a lovely husband kiss...1trillion likes!!! wink wink

AMEN. AMIN, L'oruko JESU!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley
God bless you too, sir!

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by fyneboi79(m): 7:28am On Jul 28, 2014
Relationship101: Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans have experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I lopve women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?

BUT*clears throat* for those idiots that think men are the HEAD which automatically place women somewhere beneath, I pray you fall into river niger and drown (fortunately for you, that isn't going to happen) but I still wish bad for you. To all those stupid women that has been brainwashed into thinking that they need to be beaten, harassed or maltreated for them to BE a woman, I pray you go to hell fire. You have lost your sense of becoming 'yourself'. You've sold your soul to an ideology that is contrary to the ethics of being a human being. To all those clergy that preaches 'submission' to women. I come against you with all my might. You have destroyed our women. You have made our wife remain in an abusive home simply because they need to be submissive to their fucking husband. What actually is submission? Is it the 21st century term for slavery. Woe unto you! You have made the teenagers in my street think that they need to FEAR men and give them respects they don't deserve simply because they are men.

Marriage is not a hierarchy of positions. It is partnership. It is BEING together. It is LOVE. It is kissing all night by the moon light without any thought for tomorrow. Women are not baby making machines. Their DUTY is not to be used.

A marriage without children can also be a sweet marriage if both parties agree together. Don't call the woman witch. (Yes I am talking to you the useless in-laws). Go get a job and stay away from peoples life. Women pride is my pride. Women courage is my courage. Women freedom is my freedom. I love women.
Over mumu dey worry ur life.Even d Bible places the man above,but becos them don use toto water sprinkle ur head ‎u come dey mis yarn.Come on gerrout from here joor!! Ewu Gambia!!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 28, 2014
captivating:

Well you aren't getting it right, there has to be a head and naturally, scientifically, and even spiritually, the man is that head. This is implied when you study the actions of a man and woman, when you go deep into biological and psychological science and when you study your Holy book, whichever. The rise of feminism will only bring about havoc because it isn't natural.

As per the bills payment, show me any woman who is willing to pay the bills of a family even before getting married. I doubt any woman takes that as her responsibility but men do and I know them, this is just how nature puts it. The best a woman can do is to be supportive but it may shock you that modern day women don't even want to be supportive financially, they want a man who has it all and so they won't need to work at all. So tell me, is it this same women you want to pay the bills of her family? ? lol he'll No!!

Even a lot of ladies and not just me will disagree with a woman being the head because it won't work out well.

you just broke their heart with this.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 7:49am On Jul 28, 2014
kmcutez:

Your answer just goes to show how cruel men can be. It would have been kinder for the man to leave, but no, they want to make sure they impact as much emotional damage on the wife as possible, by subjecting her to another woman. When the wife now leaves the home, the man will say, well she left, not me, not knowing that they had already left her in all aspects by taking another wife, and then you will now come on Nairaland to quote nonsensical statistics.

Women should also be encouraged to take more husbands when the husband misbehaves.
Lost battle. The truth of the matter is that women want to eat their cake and have it back. Men are not under that illusion.. They are ready to accept the consequences of their actions but women let them get away with it. Let me give you an instance. A man and a woman agreed that whosoever that is caught in adultery should pack out. The man was caught red handed. He just went to back to the house to pack his things and the woman was like - what do you think you are doing?
All men and women are equal but some are more equal than others. I do not support adultery. My point is that men don't expect women to tolerate it. They do it because they know they can do it.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 28, 2014
captivating:

they will never agree that they are in the minority, women who want to be head of their homes.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2014
josh4eva00:

U kept spitting extremely lame statements in confidence.As a Nigerian Woman in a disadvantage position compared against your male counterparts#no racist#though the era is trending quite different now, I expect you to come up with a critical, thought provoking and sound frame of mind whenever the need arise. Thats how you get people 2 get a 2nd look @ you in approval and not just because some sounds came off an object trying to create attention...thats the only way you can thrive on a par or better than any male folk since you choose not to submit. Your intial post contained alot of
gibberish pleaseeee!

Huh?? undecided tongue
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 28, 2014
huntila: Is the OP a guy or a girl? Or just GAY? Even women want men to take charge. To be the Head. Someone has to lead. Not a P***Y Nicca. If you have issues with men, you can change your gender.
Absolutely grin grin grin
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by shaybebaby(f): 9:36am On Jul 28, 2014
shymexx:

Well, I don't really have time for debates especially when the subject-matter is redundant, and it involves building castles in the air. There are certain things you might "reason to be true" based on your experience. However, when you apply it to the universe, it will turn out to be false in other climes, hence the basis for human interaction to thrive has to be built on mutual respect and a clear understanding of what's wired into people's mentality.

Based on your assertion of how connected the world is: I'll like to stray away from this topic a little bit, and draw a comparison from something else in the "connected" world. Democracy for example is what everyone in the west "reason to be true" when it comes governance. However, how has it turned out when folks tried to apply the same concept in other climes like: middle east? Well, it failed woefully. That's what folks need to understand...people are raised by different cultural values, and change has to happen by gradual progression. Not because someone discovers something to be "true" and kumbaya, everything has to change. Thus creating a counter-productive conflagration, that will actually cause more problems - than solve anything.

Regardless, I still don't see the correlation between being "head" of the family and domestic violence. And no matter how balanced the relationship is, someone has to take the initiative - with the other partner contributing to it, for it to work. It's just like a car - there can only be one driver. Even in the west, most conservative folks always lay emphasis on the need for men to be the head of the family and lead by example. I'm sure you know about the law that was passed by David Cameron's government about absentee fathers.
The correlation between " head" and domestic abuse is ... Absolute power corrupts!
Actually, I do not know about that law, care to enlighten me? I try as much as possible not to follow the news, too depressing.
I have been to a country where democracy is still very much in it's infancy. Less than 20 years and the people are certainly a lot happier, they have more say in matters that affect their daily lives.
The issue I have is the absolute control wielded by the so- called leaders in climes such as the Middle East. The tool used to achieve that? Religion!
Cast away the shackles of prescribed ethics and allow room for free thought and we'd see just how much their system of governance works. If it works thus far, it's because of either indoctrination or fear of the consequences evident from the tenets of their belief. Even I would have to fall in line in such a climate, not because of choice but because of the consequences I know would be dished out. Fear is very much instilled as a tool of control and such is the same happening in our country with regards to this issue. No different.
Dare to think for yourself and buck the trend and we hear platitudes such as " no man will marry you", " you'll be kicked out of your marriage with an attitude like that". Are those things said out of genuine care for a woman's welfare and happiness or is it just another tool, using fear to control?
One interesting trend that i am noticing is that there are quite a lot of interracial marriages about now involving black females and white males. It used to be mainly the opposite. Could it be that our women are daring to look outside their race for people who share their views and would treat them better than our men? And saying " fvck you" to anyone who says only hoes go with white guys( another scare tactic employed to limit our choices)

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 28, 2014
captivating:

lol, ask all those ladies who want to build a career (except a few) if they desire to be the bread winner of the family, please ask and get replies that will disappoint you.

It seems you don't know that most ladies work to take care of themselves and not the family, they believe it's the duty of a man. So simply because they work doesn't mean they are ready to take responsibility of paying the bills for the family. You will go a long way to find one single lady that desires to be the bread winner of the family, this alone tells you what nature speak about leadership, also In terms of protection, will a lady be capable of protecting the family? ? Right from history it has been proven that naturally ladies want men who are powerful so they can lean on them when there are problems. This is just natural. . You will go a long way to find a woman who is willing to be the one to protect the family.

The most important thing in life that men do is security of life and property, even human being cherish security and only a man can naturally stand to do this, so from every angle feminism cannot work.

Well, I really think you have one sided view it might be Nigeria but definitely a skewed perception of things. No, most ladies I know do not peruse careers to take care only of themselves and most ladies I know hate to depend on someone else and being beggars in their own homes. Besides what would a lady who earns 6/7digit figure do with her salary if not invest it in her home, children and family future? Do you think a women would rather go for plastic surgery and sports cars instead of seeing to her family's needs? Your projection of women is that of dummbos, who cannot differentiate what is important or not.

There is nothing natural about what you are saying. From the olden days women earned their living. They are the ones who worked their lands, cooked and fed their families, carry the children on their backs, and wood or water on their heads. Please how was that a free ride. Your projection is alarming to a point of irritating some of us who brought up and taught the re are no free lunches.

You are all over the place and your points about, money, physical strength and history is totally wacky and skewed. You seem to forget we live in the new millennium. We have alarms,security bars and security guards for all that other staff.

Well my parents are both professionals and put their income together to ensure that we have a secured future and a great life. My mom doesn't selfishly spend all her salary on her self she would not even know what to do with it. As I said your view is skewed and totally wrong on what should make men the heads of homes.

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by LordReed(m): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2014
At eight weeks most of the features of the adult are visible, when it is referred to as a fetus. During the first few weeks, it is neither male nor female. However, a small group of cells, called the "indifferent gonads" begin to form, that are capable of becoming ovaries or testicles.

http://www.gender.org.uk/about/04embryo/44_cncp.htm

alutacontinua:

He's actially right
the grandscheme originally is for all to be females
y'all need some things to regress, else, you'll have a womb inside of you.
The fact that there are similarities don't mean the original scheme was to be a guy.

can't teach embryology here, biko
I'm out
op should deal with his issues, he's too emotional to champion his cause (if there's any at all)

Maybe you should read more before attempting to teach

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2014
how i wish Bluivy can just make her point without insulting others. The likes of you are the reasons why some people are a bit skeptical about your likes.

I know someone who was merely expressing a different opinion from the likes of you and you know what the likes of you did? They went on her facebook page where it was easy to find some informations including info about her daughter's down syndrome. Your likes used it to attack her daughter!

You mentioned women earning six digits. My question is how many women on earth earn six digits?

I dont think we have to argue this very much. I have heard it from independent ladies themselves that they are not ready to shoulder the role of bread winner. For them, men must at least be working before they can consider him for a partner. But for guys, a lady doesnt necesary have to be earning anything for her to be dateable! It is that simple. I wonder why we deliberately decide to argue about something as plain as this!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2014
captivating:

The most important thing in life that men do is security of life and property, even human being cherish security and only a man can naturally stand to do this, so from every
angle feminism cannot work.

BTW, I really am worried about your future. You are the types of women who marry for money and when the Shiite hits the fan the man wants you out you come crying to nl for advise because you had set out to be a burden to the man not a partner.

I do not know who mentors you or whom you look up to but you think like runs girl. And when the kind of men you describe here is done with you, he will throw you out like yesterday's newspaper and leave your broke bum homeless.

As much as there are no women who look for husbands who are bums the men of today don't too unless they have controlling issues or rich. An ambitious young career man needs all hands on the deck or he will never realise his dreams.

By the way, the bible discription of a good wife is a wife who is a wealth accumulator not a bum. And whatever wealth she accumulates is not for her but her household including her husband, read Proverbs 18:22. I must say I have been blessed to have a pastor who even warns us girls not to marry to run out poverty but improve and skill yourself for your marriage. Not go into marriage with this ashawo mind. Shall!!!

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2014
'They also have the ability to produce testosterone and other androgens, along with a hormone called Mullerian Inhibiting Factor. The latter, as its name implies inhibits the further development of the female sexval features, which degenerate'
Quoted directly from the link you provided cool

LordReed: At eight weeks most of the features of the adult are visible, when it is referred to as a fetus. During the first few weeks, it is neither male nor female. However, a small group of cells, called the "indifferent gonads" begin to form, that are capable of becoming ovaries or testicles.

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by brilapluz(m): 10:10am On Jul 28, 2014
shaybebaby:
The correlation between " head" and domestic abuse is ... Absolute power corrupts!
Actually, I do not know about that law, care to enlighten me? I try as much as possible not to follow the news, too depressing.
I have been to a country where democracy is still very much in it's infancy. Less than 20 years and the people are certainly a lot happier, they have more say in matters that affect their daily lives.
The issue I have is the absolute control wielded by the so- called leaders in climes such as the Middle East. The tool used to achieve that? Religion!
Cast away the shackles of prescribed ethics and allow room for free thought and we'd see just how much their system of governance works. If it works thus far, it's because of either indoctrination or fear of the consequences evident from the tenets of their belief. Even I would have to fall in line in such a climate, not because of choice but because of the consequences I know would be dished out. Fear is very much instilled as a tool of control and such is the same happening in our country with regards to this issue. No different.
Dare to think for yourself and buck the trend and we hear platitudes such as " no man will marry you", " you'll be kicked out of your marriage with an attitude like that". Are those things said out of genuine care for a woman's welfare and happiness or is it just another tool, using fear to control?
One interesting trend that i am noticing is that there are quite a lot of interracial marriages about now involving black females and white males. It used to be mainly the opposite. Could it be that our women are daring to look outside their race for people who share their views and would treat them better than our men? And saying " fvck you" to anyone who says only hoes go with white guys( another scare tactic employed to limit our choices)

it depends on the personality and character of the man u r marrying or in a relationship with...absolute power or not
there is this saying that a character of an individual is tested when given power...yes there are
some men who use their position as HEAD to intimidate and abuse their spouse,which 4 me is regretful and unacceptable..but that should not be used as a yardstick to judge all men...not all men are fit to be head of a family..so
its up to you to make the right decision about ur choice of such men..just because something is misused wrongly doesn't mean it sud
be dumped or thrown out!!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 28, 2014
LordReed: At eight weeks most of the features of the adult are visible, when it is referred to as a fetus. During the first few weeks, it is neither male nor female. However, a small group of cells, called the "indifferent gonads" begin to form, that are capable of becoming ovaries or testicles.

my dear, being male or female starts at conception. That the genitilia doesnt for until after sometime is absolutely irrelevant here. At conception, there is the XX for girls and XY for males.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Kay17: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2014
LordReed: The OP is just an unpleasant rant with no true conception of what leadership means or what the role of a man is. I believe it is born out of a juvenile intoxication fueled by infatuation and empathy. OP is correct in condemning abuse but fails woefully in connecting abuse to leadership/headship.

I posit that such people will be the first to bail out of a relationship at the first sign of trouble because they lack the balls to lead or even be strong and are looking for a cop out for their weaknesses. No wimp crying 'I don't want to be the head' will ever satisfy a woman. Women have and will always want men who are strong mentally and physically. They want both the security that comes from being protected and the one from being guided. If you can't provide that you will be junked no matter how liberated that woman is.

OP I sympathize with you and advice you to look for better role models and mentors among true men.

There isn't much a man can say about the bolded. That is not always the view of women. In the distant past, prior to the emergence of civilisations, when life was short and brutish the silverback men were much in demand however times have changed. Men today aren't the silverbacks of the past, and the few are reserved in the prisons.

Women today in the Information Age are equally matched to the men, and it makes little sense to relegate a woman of leadership traits to the background because she has a vagina when the men as much have vaginas.

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by LordReed(m): 10:20am On Jul 28, 2014
shaybebaby:

So does the truism 'absolute power corrupts' mean that all forms of legitimate leadership be ditched? Also how does it negate the very process that brought you into this world. Your father trust his manhood into your mother and by the determination of the seed he deposited you became male or female.

We are social creatures and anytime we gather we will seek for someone who will best articulate our collective will and have the power to drive it forward. The family does not negate this principle and you find that the natural instinct is to give it to the more powerful one who often than not is the male.

Leadership and equality are not mutually exclusive so quit feeling like the call to leadership is call to superiority.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 28, 2014
craziebone: how i wish Bluivy can just make her point without insulting others. The likes of you are the reasons why some people are a bit skeptical about your likes.

I know someone who was merely expressing a different opinion from the likes of you and you know what the likes of you did? They went on her facebook page where it was easy to find some informations including info about her daughter's down syndrome. Your likes used it to attack her daughter!

You mentioned women earning six digits. My question is how many women on earth earn six digits?

I dont think we have to argue this very much. I have heard it from independent ladies themselves that they are not ready to shoulder the role of bread winner. For them, men must at least be working before they can consider him for a partner. But for guys, a lady doesnt necesary have to be earning anything for her to be dateable! It is that simple. I wonder why we deliberately decide to argue about something as plain as this!

Where are the insults there? Just because i compared her thinking to how runs girls and ashawos thinking? Get real dear did not insult anyone. And btw aren't men the first one to ask or even suggest that a woman who's marriage is falling apart to get a job here on NL? you guys must stop being emotional about issues. I know a lot of women and men who earn 6/7 figures as much as much as those who earn peanuts from both sides.

The Facebook thing am not interested in, I am not even on Facebook. I am just correcting a wrong perception about women. Mind you I have clearly stated that most women and men do not set out to have a partner who will be a burden unless they are rich are just not ambitious.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Kay17: 10:27am On Jul 28, 2014
captivating:

Holy books are not relevant in this discussion, because with holy books the most monstrous evils can be justified and have been justified.

You are speaking from your experience and because of the class of women that surround you. Probably your mother and your sisters and your wife are the lily livered women which everyone despises and marches over, but it is unhealthy to overgeneralise and believe all the women in the entire world behave like your mother and sisters.

However for me, Angela Merkel, Golda Meir and Dilma Rousseff are not such women. They are models of leadership for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by LordReed(m): 10:32am On Jul 28, 2014
alutacontinua: 'They also have the ability to produce testosterone and other androgens, along with a hormone called Mullerian Inhibiting Factor. The latter, as its name implies inhibits the further development of the female sexval features, which degenerate'
Quoted directly from the link you provided cool

You asserted that they all start out female and what I posted proves you in error. This your follow up doesn't prove you right either. Adult Females still produce testosterone.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by LordReed(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2014
craziebone:

my dear, being male or female starts at conception. That the genitilia doesnt for until after sometime is absolutely irrelevant here. At conception, there is the XX for girls and XY for males.

I know, I just want to show that science does not support that 'they all start female' mumbo-jumbo.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 28, 2014
LordReed:

You asserted that they all start out female and what I posted proves you in error. This your follow up doesn't prove you right either. Adult Females still produce testosterone.

lol, you must have a problem with English Language.

if you can't see the correlation between the quote from your link and what I originally typed, what can I say?

I specifically stated some things (the paramesonephric duct to be precise) has to regress in a male fetus, else, na uterus and cervix him go get.

Unlike you, I didn't learn this from random links on the internet wink
I actually do know it smiley
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 28, 2014
captivating:

K
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Danhumprey: 10:41am On Jul 28, 2014
alutacontinua: Somebody is really pissed off undecided
did you just receive some strokes of cane? angry
And I was expecting you will support the OP! Chai!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2014
Kay17:

There isn't much a man can say about the bolded. That is not always the view of women. In the distant past, prior to the emergence of civilisations, when life was short and brutish the silverback men were much in demand however times have changed. Men today aren't the silverbacks of the past, and the few are reserved in the prisons.

Women today in the Information Age are equally matched to the men, and it makes little sense to relegate a woman of leadership traits to the background because she has a vagina when the men as much have vaginas.

I didn't say women can't lead. I am asserting that default is the male. If a woman is stronger she will lead but that is not the norm. Strength is not about brute force but the ability to strike through confusion and drive the nail home. Men are ideally more suited to tasks that require forward thinking and breach situations. Women are emotional creatures and panic alot so are not quite suited for all hell breaking loose situations. A woman who does not fit this mold is a diamond.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by onyekap: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2014
I do very well appreciate this expression and am so persuaded to comment as follows: there is more to these. The writer must have been brainwashed with or misunderstood the concept of new generation, but one thing certain is the effect of the writer's new thought is unknown to the writer. We are in the Era of banning religion and morals in the society. Why won't there be a captain my dear? Why won't there be a voice in a gathering, why won't there be a head in a body? I make haste to say you are completly been misled. Trust me make further reseach on your discuss. Don't be and refuse to be an agent to this theory. You sound quite enlightened but don't be darkened. The implication of these your presentation is when these our less tutored generation wives begin to practice this. Believe me you must answer to the doom thereby. Learn sanity. Submisiveness or been a head as of to the man does not mean slavery. Do your research well. Guide your opinion better. We learn every day remember!!!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2014
Danhumprey: And I was expecting you will support the OP! Chai!

I can be very unpredictable wink cheesy
besides, I only do logical arguments, not emotional ones like the op's cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage / The Moment A Mother Pleaded With Her Quintuplets To Allow Her To Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.