Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:46 AM

Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof (27064 Views)

Grave Mistake Jonathan Made In War Against Boko Haram -prof Ango Abdullahi / Governor Kwankwaso Rejects Jonathan's Request To Stand beside Him / ACF Rejects Jonathan For 2015 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by lordmayor4(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
victor08: [size=18pt]FG Is proposing to buy high tech sophisticated military equipments and people are here talking rubbish about JONATHAN. during election vote for the crook you know that will move the country forward.

see what GEJ whats to buy for our military.

40 Attack Helicopters

2 MuLti-purpose war-ships(DDG 110)

100 Armoured tanks & launchers

Recruitment and compensation for soldiers...
[/size]
Who said $1 billion is too much should have a rethink!

You are a complete definition of a slowpoke... so what 3 trillion couldn't do, 1 billion $ will do?

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
YoursGEJ: To be honest I thought the $1 billion loan issue was just a rumor. Somebody please tell me that our retardeen of a president is not actually seeking a loan to fight the terrorists he is funding. When you think Jonathan cannot do anything less stu_pid, he comes up with new gymnastics.

Rather than plugging leaking holes, the goat wants to go and borrow. This is similar to what happened with fuel subsidy where he preferred to have Nigerians pay 3x for petrol while oil marketers were taking billions without doing a single thing.

Ok, what happened to the hundreds of billions from the defence budget? How will he pay back the loan? Will the money generate interest when it is put to work? Where is the proof for a return on investment that will convince a sensible organization to part with that amount of money? Will they even use it for what they claim?
Abi dem go use am to impeach more opposition governors, buy gold-plated iphone and distribute at their next owambe and buy paper to sign MoUs wey no go ever result in anything

And a human being with brain will vote this man in 2015 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is fooolishness - Albert Einstein

i second this.

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ashonibarenla:

i second this.

WombRaiders:

The foolishness on this thread is unprecedented even for nairaland Politics section standards

Just as the federal budget makes provisions for expenditure either in the form of recurrent or capital so is the budget implemented to ensure savings either in the local domestic market or oversees. The latter obligatory responsibility are necessitated in order to ensure that you can have a budget the coming here.

The boko haram insurgencies requires different strategy involving investment in hi-tech hardware. This is an extra-budgetary obligation that was not captured in this years budget. Do you expect the FG to dip into other sectors to fund the war on terror? Our external reserves are very low as it stands. A country like Nigeria (the largest economy in Africa) ought to have an external reserve 10 times what we have shored up.
To further dip into the piggy bank will adversely affect the value of the Naira and hence lead to currency devaluation and severe inflation. This is not an option.

The best option is to shop for a loan facility that will be flexible and cheap which will not affect our economy down the line. Mind you the FG will not be approaching UBA or Zenith with their cut throat lending rates but international banks or countries like China or Russia. The loan could at worst be a single digit on the high side or be zero percent.

For Gbajabiamila to open his illiterate trap to suggest we use ND oil is the height of stupidity. Given that oil price can never crash if we trade our oil for cash in advance you can bet that it will be far lower than what is being sold on the international market now and anytime in the future.

All you APC ROACHES should take your greasy hands off ND oil. If Nigeria disintegrates come 2015 it is the ND that will be given the bill to pay for a war caused by useless senseless abokis desperate for power and oil loot.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by victor08(m): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
lordmayor4:

You are a complete definition of a slowpoke... so what 3 trillion couldn't do, 1 billion $ will do?

You are a fool and a puu.ssy. Who told you that Nigerian army recieved 3 trillion when the NSA have come out to openly give account of how much that was received and what it was used for. The problem with Nigerians is that when people here allegations they even start shouting more than the person that initiated it even when the facts must have corrected. Radio without battery.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by mcfarlin(m): 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
jerryjere: am a big fool,Gej is a r'etarded being like me wat did u expect him to do wen he's r'etarded see whom u are fighting even d America France and others are laughing at the intelligence of our leaders thank you for blaming someone who is a useless old man like my father

Better.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by ogmask: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
bignene: 3rd to comment.

What is wrong with u?

Pple are discussing important issues u are writing rubbish. I do not even knw what to tell u. Ur comment is very childish.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by kinematic(m): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
I hope our lawmakers will follow through with Gbajabiamila's suggestion, and protect the future generation from debt-slavery and our thieving government by doing what is right for once. This is a chance for us to know which of these lawmakers really have Nigeria’s interest at heart.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by enomakos(m): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
this country tired me

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by tit(f): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
who is this Biabiamilla?
Is he Shekau junior brother?
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by leemarhsparkz(f): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
hushmail: d truth of d matter is that d military is losing d war against BH
something drastic needs to be done
gej has suggested $1bn, let him have it!
senate shld monitor how its spent
thats oversight function

my life is worth more than $1bn

see nigerians becoming refugees in their own country n pple dey complain abt money
....i wonder oooo
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by lordmayor4(m): 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
victor08:

You are a fool and a puu.ssy. Who told you that Nigerian army recieved 3 trillion when the NSA have come out to openly give account of how much that was received and what it was used for. The problem with Nigerians is that when people here allegations they even start shouting more than the person that initiated it even when the facts must have corrected. Radio without battery.

SMH for you.... wasted sperm....

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by EkoIle1: 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
If GEJ can not defend and protect Nigerians against some rag tag terrorists with a whopping 25% of the Nation's budget that goes to the Nigerian military, what is $1 billion loan or jamboree funds going to do precisely?

Is this man asking questions about the $500 billion loan from China for the obsolete and non functioning Abuja CCTV scam that we are still on the hook for and must pay back to China?

Is this man asking the Nigerian military how common rag tag hoodlums with guns storms and overrun Nigerian military bases with ease and unchallenged and end up walking away with military hardware belonging to the Nigerian military?

Is this man asking any questions why the men he sends out to fight BH are poorly fed, poorly paid and equipped even though the military eats up a whole 1/4 of the national budget?

When you move on carelessly, recklessly and irresponsibly without accountability, you inflict more damage to yourself and undermine your own efforts.

Unfortunately for Nigerians, the missing school girls and their helpless parents, this man is saying he's not rescuing any girls, he's not defending or protecting the affected areas from BH unless we him $1 billion.

What if the he didn't get the money? It going to be our fault because we refused to give him the money to rescue the girls with or when another bomb goes off in Abuja or elsewhere in Nigeria? This is the implication and sad reality.

The man is holding us to ransom..

I really do not think his man is dumb even though he acts dumb and foolish, he's a schemer and a very smart crook, he's very mean spirited and dangerously vindictive.

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by BetaThings: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
EkoIle1:
I really do not think his man is dumb even though he acts dumb and foolish, he's a schemer and a very smart crook, he's very mean spirited and dangerously vindictive.

The $1billion is required to URGENTLY.....
59 boys slaughtered very early in the year in Burni Yadi - no urgent response from Jonathan
200+ girls abducted over 3 months ago - no urgent response no Jonathan

A governor is impeached in Adamawa with several others on the line and suddenly there is an URGENT request for money
The only thing URGENT in Nigeria today is the need to PROCURE more legislators to IMPEACH more govenors
Nothing more

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by Akdams(m): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
bonechamberlain: this is the best analysis to come out from a Nigerian senator this month.. hope he would do the same analysis if APC is in power. Jonathan continues to marvel me, does he want to tell us that we don't have ordinary 1 bill dollars Hmmm we re finished in this country as our leaders are all lacking vision. they always act like pple from another planet. only a very violent revolution would save this country from the hands of aliens

Like boko haram revolution, u mean.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by GiggsTk(m): 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nigeria!!! I hate when we name money then add dollars to it just to confuse people. 1billion dollar is just bout 164 billion naira and a whole nigeria wil be borrown dat chicken change dat I bet some individuals in dis country might av.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by oduastates: 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
GiggsTk: Nigeria!!! I hate when we name money then add dollars to it just to confuse people. 1billion dollar is just bout 164 billion naira and a whole nigeria wil be borrown dat chicken change dat I bet some individuals in dis country might av.

Well
A billion dollars is enough to add 1500 MW to your rubbish 4000 MW electricity sector .
The lekki bridge was built with only 20 billion naira .that is 8 Lekki bridges.
1 billion dollars is not only.
It is the entire budget do some countries.
One billion dollars used to be the entire budget of Nigeria of nigeria a few years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by victor08(m): 8:24am On Jul 27, 2014
lordmayor4:

SMH for you.... wasted sperm....

You are crazy illiterate...who taught you how to type and read on nairaland?
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by lordmayor4(m): 9:08am On Jul 27, 2014
victor08:

You are crazy illiterate...who taught you how to type and read on nairaland?

I guess my MBA from Paris school of business taught me that. Slowpoke

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by authority2006(m): 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
WombRaiders:

APC nitwits defending rubbish all over this thread.

The fact remains that the era of cheap oil has gone for good.

Borrowing to pay back with oil is daft since oil pricing will continue to increase and also that the pricing mechanism for repayment will be far less than what oil is currently trading now and in the future.

At the end of the day Nigeria will lose more.

If for example the terms of repayment suggest that Nigeria supplies 300,000 barrels per day to offset the $1 BILLION dollar facility, the cost of each barrel will not be trading at the current market price at anytime now and in future but will be set at a far lower benchmark. For example today oil trades at approximately $102. The loan will be repaid at a far lower price say $75 hence the country will lose $25 as at today's price and giving the high volatile nature of energy these days you can bet your supporter of APC butts that crude will eventually reach $120.

Nitwits defending stupidity tongue
Like we don't have cash. Like we must borrow. Like the amount of barrel of oil won't be tied to the current market price. Mitcheeeeew.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
PDP e-warriors..

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by jaso1(m): 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
I don't know if our president is on drug!
Moreover, he's not to be blame because majority of Nigeria citizens are opposite to distinguish senator Gbajabiamila perception.
Original distinguish senator I thank you. I thank you for brazen up to provide us this unfettered fact about how Nigeria is about to be finished by some of your fellow linguistic senator.
They are best regard as linguistic because all they know is to speak big english to cover up the loots and deficiency in the govt.
Amiable senator may almighty God continue to be with you and your family.
I cry for my country when I read through your communique on this scandalous loan. I cry for my people as many do not know the devilish attributes of the deadly loan. I also cry for Nigeria youth as against some thought that we are not to blame but elders. Youth control the largest votes among other age group. It reside in us ability to rescue our lives. We are all dying for our inability to elect right person that will fight corruption. Stealing is now a slogan in our youth mouth. Government is mandated to provide basic need you're lacking. It owe you explanation why by now Nigeria can not generates 50000MW required for stable electricity when SA and Ghana can do that. The resources endowed to Nigeria- Ghana and SA merge together doesn't have halve of it yet we are lag behind in everything. Somebody should tell my why immunity shouldn't be removed. This is broad day light stealing. Nigeria youth should organize a rally against interest of this administration to contest election in this country again. This is a system that enforce a criminal as a governor. The regime that make anti corruption agency, the last hope of masses handicap. Where a confirmed rogue, in international shina rambow can only be arrested with approval of Anthony General.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof by masseratti: 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Your hatred for Igbos will not allow you to think straight.

He is a SS person. Why don't you face him and leave Igbos out of the issue.

For ur info, Igbos have oil.
sorry ooo,if my post was offensive,by the way can you answer the question,please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Will Prosecute Electoral Offenders – Buhari / Dino Melaye's Mother Mother In 1981 (Throwback Photo) / Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.