Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,617 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:25 PM

12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free (45910 Views)

12 Dozen Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free / 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free / Min Of Education, Wike Asks Teachers To Educate Students On Non-violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Timijo(m): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
amnestylaw1:

I sent you an email. I'll be responding to you again via email soon.
Pls I want to learn more abt dis skul frm u. Hw can one pay the money? Is the certificate useful in Nigeria labour market?
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Chizzybenjamin(m): 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Op thanks for this you must be an angel
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by hustla(m): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
agbekoya: Allison.com

I'll check this out by night
thanks a lot
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
shocked Amazing! Thanks for sharing.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by born2lead01: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
JustCare:
hello, what about that examination fee of 100dols does it cover all the exams In a program or one has to pay as many times as he writes exams in one degree program. please shed more light on that if you are informed in that regard. tnx

It's 100dollar per exam but Microsoft, MasterCard, Clinton and host of others offer scholarship and you won't have to pay even $1 throughout your program.

I started 2010 and I haven't pay a dime.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by BeYou: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
One of the most enlightening post have read on Nairaland....Thanks Op!!!
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by gorgeousnogo(f): 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Do they give certificates once you are through? Check out this newest amazing link http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=43147 thank me later
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
good to know
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
don't forget to add www.edx.org
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Samoranopapa(m): 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
Barywhyte:

More importantly, read them
yeah am even done with two now
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Owobobrown(m): 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
JustCare:
alright
Bro share the details here nah, one love
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 10:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
Timijo: Pls I want to learn more abt dis skul frm u. Hw can one pay the money? Is the certificate useful in Nigeria labour market?

Hi, to quickly answer your question about the exam fees, the school administers exams at $100 for end-of-course exams. This means that if in the Business Administration, there are 40 courses that one will take for the entire degree, then one will be required to pay ONLY $100 at the end of each course. So, 40 courses will be multiplied by $100 to make it $4000. Actually, UoPeople BS in Bus Admin has 40 courses which will cost $4000 in total for the exams only. Online books and tutorials are free. You only pay for exam at the end of each course.

To pay, you can use any credit/debit card to pay online on their website. You can ask a friend, family member or relative in the US or overseas to help you pay. I am copying payment info from the school webpage at http://uopeople.edu/groups/tuition-free-universities as you can see, even those who cannot to pay the $100 end of course exam fee may still get scholarship to cover those.

University of the People is a tuition-free, non-profit institution. The University does not charge students to take classes, does not charge for any reading and other study materials, and does not charge for annual enrollment. As a non-profit academic institution dedicated to opening access to higher education, UoPeople has succeeded in cutting down almost the entire cost of higher education. Readings and course materials are available online, free of charge for each and every registered student. We will remain tuition-free, meaning students will not be charged for their educational instruction, course materials or annual enrollment.

In order to remain sustainable, we charge small processing fees for application and examination processing. However, for those individuals who are unable to pay their Exam Processing Fees, UoPeople has a variety of scholarship funds designed to meet the unique needs of its students.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
JustCare:
hello, what about that examination fee of 100dols does it cover all the exams In a program or one has to pay as many times as he writes exams in one degree program. please shed more light on that if you are informed in that regard. tnx

I have just sent you a detailed email. I will like to refer you to this page for some info about scholarship opportunity available for those who may not be able to pay the $100 end of course exam fees. I forgot to mention this in the email.

http://uopeople.edu/groups/tuition-free-universities
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
following
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by JustCare: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2014
amnestylaw1:

I have just sent you a detailed email. I will like to refer you to this page for some info about scholarship opportunity available for those who may not be able to pay the $100 end of course exam fees. I forgot to mention this in the email.

http://uopeople.edu/groups/tuition-free-universities
tnx...gonna read up!
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by JustCare: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2014
Owobobrown: Bro share the details here nah, one love
k
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by JustCare: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2014
born2lead01:

It's 100dollar per exam but Microsoft, MasterCard, Clinton and host of others offer scholarship and you won't have to pay even $1 throughout your program.

I started 2010 and I haven't pay a dime.
tnx...what about the chances of one getting it?
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Timijo(m): 8:33am On Jul 28, 2014
amnestylaw1:

Hi, to quickly answer your question about the exam fees, the school administers exams at $100 for end-of-course exams. This means that if in the Business Administration, there are 40 courses that one will take for the entire degree, then one will be required to pay ONLY $100 at the end of each course. So, 40 courses will be multiplied by $100 to make it $4000. Actually, UoPeople BS in Bus Admin has 40 courses which will cost $4000 in total for the exams only. Online books and tutorials are free. You only pay for exam at the end of each course.

To pay, you can use any credit/debit card to pay online on their website. You can ask a friend, family member or relative in the US or overseas to help you pay. I am copying payment info from the school webpage at http://uopeople.edu/groups/tuition-free-universities as you can see, even those who cannot to pay the $100 end of course exam fee may still get scholarship to cover those.

Thanks for your reply. One more thing pls, is the certificate recognised in the Nigerian labour market?
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Bigdreams(m): 8:37am On Jul 28, 2014
@OP, thanks for the info.

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Owobobrown(m): 8:49am On Jul 28, 2014
JustCare:
k
thanks in advance, is the certificate applicable to Nigerian labour market
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by wakes: 9:03am On Jul 28, 2014
captainobvious:

Credits: Marc Chernoff via themindunleashed.org
- See more at: http://www.truth-code.com/2014/07/12-dozen-places-to-educate-yourself.html#sthash.RAgcE0FF.dpuf
Wow! Awesome collection!
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by JustCare: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2014
Owobobrown: thanks in advance, is the certificate applicable to Nigerian labour market

Below is part of the message I got from ARMNESTYLAW ...you may contact him for more clarification

>
>To answer your question about the exam fees, the school administers exams
>at $100 for end-of-course exams. This means that if in the Business
>Administration, there are 40 courses that one will take for the entire
>degree, then one will be required to pay ONLY $100 at the end of each
>course. So, 40 courses will be multiplied by $100 to make it $4000.
>Actually, UoPeople BS in Bus Admin has 40 courses which will cost $4000 in
>total for the exams only. Online books and tutorials are free. You only pay
>for exam at the end of each course.
>
>Regarding UoPeople, it is a fine school and classes can be completed 100%
>online. There is something I must tell you about the kind of accreditation
>the school has. Once you know this, you or any of your relatives or friends
>who want to pursue their degree can decide for whether this is the right
>course to take.
>
>In the US, there are three kinds of accreditations- regional accreditation,
>national accreditation, and programmatic accreditation. Programmatic
>accreditation refers to individual programs accreditation. Once a school is
>accredited, some of the programs it offers also needs to be accredited.
>For example, Nursing, Engineering, and Business Administration are few
>examples of programs that are usually accredited at the programmatic level.
>For the purpose of this mail, we are not interested in this kind of
>accreditation. We are concerned with institutional accreditations which can
>be by the national accreditor or regional accreditor.
>
>Unlike Nigeria where accreditation of universities is done by a Federal
>Government institution like the Nigerian Universities Commission, in US,
>accreditation is done by private organizations who are recognised by the US
>Department of Education (DoE) and Council for Higher Education
>Accreditation (CHEA). You can get some info about these two kinds of
>accreditations here
>http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/accreditation_pg6.html#RegionalInstitutional
>
>Now that you know that there are two accreditors, it is important that any
>school you attend (whether online or in class) be accredited by one of
>these bodies. That said, Regional accreditation is the gold standard.
>National accreditation is okay, but not widely acceptable as regional
>accreditation. You can Google DIFFERENCES BETWEEN REGIONAL AND NATIONAL
>ACCREDITATIONS IN THE USA so you can get a clear idea about what I mean.
>
>University of the People is accredited by a National Accreditation agency
>known as Distance Education Training Council (DETC).

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Dmentor(f): 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
Thanks so much. A very informative piece.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Alleinad(f): 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
captainobvious:

Credits: Marc Chernoff via themindunleashed.org
- See more at: http://www.truth-code.com/2014/07/12-dozen-places-to-educate-yourself.html#sthash.RAgcE0FF.dpuf
Op, captainobvious, for this post, God bless you. God ll continually favour you. Before you call, God will answer. Help will always be sent to you from above. You will live in the reality of your dreams. Thankyou so much. God bless you!
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by skyro(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Submit your website, blog, or facebook page, to over 30 search engines for 100% free. http://www.entireweb.com/free_submission/#20320
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by born2lead01: 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
JustCare:
tnx...what about the chances of one getting it?

if you are a male from Africa,it's like 90 percent for full scholarship and about 99 percent for partial. But if you are a female from Africa,it's 100 percent chance for full scholarship. Microsoft is sponsoring 1,000 Africans to study free in this school.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by JustCare: 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
born2lead01:

if you are a male from Africa,it's like 90 percent for full scholarship and about 99 percent for partial. But if you are a female from Africa,it's 100 percent chance for full scholarship. Microsoft is sponsoring 1,000 Africans to study free in this school.
then I gotta make my decision soon
you have a pm from me
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by osifred(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
Bookmarked
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by captainobvious: 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
Alleinad: Op, captainobvious, for this post, God bless you. God ll continually favour you. Before you call, God will answer. Help will always be sent to you from above. You will live in the reality of your dreams. Thankyou so much. God bless you!

Amen...and may God bless you too smiley

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by docjuli(m): 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
Thanks for this thread.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2014
Another place to educate yourself for free is at gcflearnfree.org

AND

https://www.open2study.com/

Good luck guys. There are so many free opportunities out there.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 8:40am On Jul 29, 2014
Timijo: Thanks for your reply. One more thing pls, is the certificate recognised in the Nigerian labour market?

Hey there, I am sorry I forgot to respond to your question. Regarding its acceptability in Nigeria, it depends. This is a school that is recognised by the US Department of Education. It is a school that is accredited by the Distance Education Training Council (DETC). Though the school is accredited and recognised in the US, its utility is not compared to that of a Regionally accredited US school. In US, schools can be accredited by a regional accreditor or national accreditor. Regional accreditation is the most sought after and the gold standard in accreditation. Its processes are rigorous compared to National accreditation. Many countries prefer to recognise ONLY US degrees earned from REGIONALLY ACCREDITED school.

Now, for Nigeria, the problem is more of whether the degree was earned via distance learning. I was a student of the University of London International Programmes. As popular and respected as UoL is, its Law degrees offered through its International Programs are distance learning degrees and as such, the Nigerian Council of Legal Education does not accept them for admission into Nigerian Law schools. Also, the NYSC does not admit you into its services. So, when it comes to UoPeople, University of London International programs, or any other school for that matter, I often advise people to try to earn their degrees from a campus based institution with evidence of class attendance- if they wish to serve in the NYSC or get an exemption certificate. But, if like me, you are based abroad and wishes to you the degree for employment purposes abroad, you are likely to have no problem whatsoever since Uopeople is recognised by the US Department of Education and perhaps CHEA. In US, any national accredited degree can get you a government job and even private jobs too. I don't know whether my sermon answers your question. Please feel free to ask any other question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Test If You Have H-factor / Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria / JAMB 2016: The States With The Highest And Lowest Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.