Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,437 members, 7,826,692 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free (45599 Views)

12 Dozen Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free / 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free / Min Of Education, Wike Asks Teachers To Educate Students On Non-violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Sijison: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2014
FREE WORKSHOP on Project Management.
Port-Harcourt

Date: 2nd August, 2014.
Venue: 309, Aba Road, Rumukurushi Junction, Beside Diamond Bank. Port-Harcourt.
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm

Benefits of attending:
- Get an overview of Project Management Processes
- Free consultation with our certified PMP professionals.
- Network with Professionals and other managers
- 10% discount on any course fee for interested participant
- Light Refreshment

Get to know why Project Management is in high demand in Port-harcourt Nigeria today!

To book your space send an
e-mail to: training@sijisontraining.com
or call 234-8180-224477

ADMISSION IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Timijo(m): 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
amnestylaw1:

Hey there, I am sorry I forgot to respond to your question. Regarding its acceptability in Nigeria, it depends. This is a school that is recognised by the US Department of Education. It is a school that is accredited by the Distance Education Training Council (DETC). Though the school is accredited and recognised in the US, its utility is not compared to that of a Regionally accredited US school. In US, schools can be accredited by a regional accreditor or national accreditor. Regional accreditation is the most sought after and the gold standard in accreditation. Its processes are rigorous compared to National accreditation. Many countries prefer to recognise ONLY US degrees earned from REGIONALLY ACCREDITED school.

Now, for Nigeria, the problem is more of whether the degree was earned via distance learning. I was a student of the University of London International Programmes. As popular and respected as UoL is, its Law degrees offered through its International Programs are distance learning degrees and as such, the Nigerian Council of Legal Education does not accept them for admission into Nigerian Law schools. Also, the NYSC does not admit you into its services. So, when it comes to UoPeople, University of London International programs, or any other school for that matter, I often advise people to try to earn their degrees from a campus based institution with evidence of class attendance- if they wish to serve in the NYSC or get an exemption certificate. But, if like me, you are based abroad and wishes to you the degree for employment purposes abroad, you are likely to have no problem whatsoever since Uopeople is recognised by the US Department of Education and perhaps CHEA. In US, any national accredited degree can get you a government job and even private jobs too. I don't know whether my sermon answers your question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Thank you sir for taking out time to answer me. I have started the application. I am now in step 4. I applied for computer science. Even if the certificate is not valuable in Nigerian labour market, I still need to upgrade my knowledge of computer because knowledge acquired can not be a waste.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by docjuli(m): 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
Timijo: Thank you sir for taking out time to answer me. I have started the application. I am now in step 4. I applied for computer science. Even if the certificate is not valuable in Nigerian labour market, I still need to upgrade my knowledge of computer because knowledge acquired can not be a waste.

Is it edX?
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 12:05am On Jul 30, 2014
Timijo: Thank you sir for taking out time to answer me. I have started the application. I am now in step 4. I applied for computer science. Even if the certificate is not valuable in Nigerian labour market, I still need to upgrade my knowledge of computer because knowledge acquired can not be a waste.

You are right- no knowledge is wasted. There is nothing wrong in studying for professional or personal development. The degree might be useful in Nigeria, but you may not be able to embark on the NYSC or get exemption certificate. If your aim to secure PRIVATE employment, once you can defend what you have on paper, you may get hired. All the best with your studies. You will need to have your secondary school send OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS of all the courses/subjects you did in secondary school to Uopeople after you submit your application. When you get to the final stage, you will write about 5 to 7 essays or so. Also, you will need to buy a scratch card for either NECO or WAEC and send it to the school along with your other documents so they can verify your results.

For you and any other person considering UoPeople, I am copying part of the emails I got from them sometimes ago. They talk about the supporting documents that you'll need to send after your application has been successfully submitted online.

Required Documentation

1. Your printed and signed cover sheet- available in the Forms and Transcripts section of your online application.

2. Your high school diploma, or its equivalent, and a high school transcript in one of the following formats*:

a. An official copy of the diploma and transcript sent directly by the institution (e.g. Ministry of Education, High School) to University of the People.

b. The original diploma and transcript.

c. A photocopy of the original diploma certified by a notary public or an official authority (e.g. Ministry of Education, High School).

*If your diploma and transcript are not in English, please send the diploma and transcript in their original language (in one of the formats mentioned above), along with an official, accurate, word-for-word translation of both documents into English. Translations should be issued by the issuing institution, the Ministry of Education, or by a professional translator/translation company, and must be certified by a notary public.

3. English proficiency requirement – if you are a non-native English speaker, or you graduated from an institution where English was not the primary language of instruction, please click here to view which English proficiency documents you may submit to be considered for admission to an undergraduate program. Please note that all documents submitted must be original documents OR notarized photocopies, bearing original stamps and signatures from a notary public or the issuing institution.

If you do not hold one of the qualifications listed, or if your score falls below the minimum score required, and you have met all other Admissions requirements, you will be considered for admission as a non-degree special student. In order to become a degree-seeking student on an undergraduate program, you would be required to successfully pass the course English Composition 1 (or equivalent).

4. Computer Science proficiency requirements – if you have selected Computer Science as your desired program, please submit one or more of the following qualifications: strong high school mathematics preparation, prior college-level work in mathematics and/or computer science, and/or work-related experience in this area.

If you do not hold one of the qualifications listed, you will be considered for admission as a non- degree special student. In order to become a degree-seeking student on an undergraduate program in Computer Science, you would be required to successfully pass MATH 0101 Developmental Algebra. Please note the final examination is proctored and the course may not be used to meet the requirements of any UoPeople degree program.

*Please note that non-degree special students starting term may be delayed in one term.

Please send the above listed documents to:

University of the People
Office of Admissions
225 S. Lake Ave. Suite 300
Pasadena, CA. 91101 USA

* Please note that if you are sending documents that contain multiple pages, all pages must bear certifying stamps and signatures.
* Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.
* Before mailing your forms, be sure to make photocopies for your records.
* Please contact admissions@uopeople.org before mailing your forms if you are not clear about what to send.

ANOTHER EMAIL

Please note while we can accept your WAEC and NECO certificates, your scratch cards must be sent front and back along with high school transcripts.

Notarized Secondary School Transcript: Your transcript must bear certifying stamps and signatures from a certified notary public or from an administrator of the issuing institution. Transcripts should list the courses you completed and grades earned for those courses for each year of secondary school. A statement of your WAEC results issued by your secondary school does not constitute a transcript. Please note that your school should provide you with your transcripts and not the WAEC.

WAEC scratch card: A photocopy or scan of a WAEC scratch card (both sides) must be presented for each WAEC Certificate you submit. Please note that the photocopy or scan must be of both sides of the scratch card.

**A NECO Certificate and NECO scratch card may be used in place of a WAEC Certificate and scratch card.
Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.

Our address is:
University of the People
Office of Admissions
Pasadena, CA 91101, USA

Once we have received all required application materials, your application will be processed for the next available Term. After sending your documents, you can check your application status online by logging into your UoPeople online application with your email address and password.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 12:21am On Jul 30, 2014
Another place to get free education is World Education University http://www.theweu.com/ . According to their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)webpage at http://www.theweu.com/faq/ ,

WHAT IS WEU?

World Education University (WEU – pronounced WE-YOU) is a free, online university that aims to become a comprehensive, degree-granting institution offering unprecedented access to college diplomas and a better life for the growing millions of underserved,both nationally and around the globe.
IS IT ACCREDITED?

WEU is currently in the process of pursuing accreditation, both domestically and abroad. WEU is committed to achieving accreditation from an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. At this time no assurances can be given as to when, or if, accreditation might be granted.
WEU is authorized to operate as a degree granting in­stitution of higher education and is exempt from the California Private Post-Secondary Act of 2009.

CAN NIGERIANS STUDY HERE?

Yes. Though the company is based in the United States, WEU’s doors are open to anyone in the world. You can prepare for your GED high school equivalency exam or begin college courses if you have already graduated from a secondary education institution in your country.

You can get more information here http://www.theweu.com/

It is 100% FREE- No enrolment fees, no textbook fees, no exam fees! Enrol, start learning!

DISCLAIMER: I am not in anyway a staff or employee of any of the universities I have been discussing on this thread. I had once applied to University of the People though as a student and withdrew my application because I gained admission to another college.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by born2lead01: 7:00am On Jul 30, 2014
amnestylaw1:

*Please note that non-degree special students starting term may be

Our address is:
University of the People
Office of Admissions
Pasadena, CA 91101, USA

Once we have received all required application materials, your application will be processed for the next available Term. After sending your documents, you can check your application status online by logging into your UoPeople online application with your email address and password.

Thanks for that bros, I really like your responsiveness to people's questions on this forum especially on Uopeople. I do like to share my experience briefly maybe it helps someone.

On Uopeople application,I made my application in 2010,I first went through their website and read the application process then I:

1. Copied the essay topics and answered 5 of them.

2. Went back and started the application process,filled the form online and submited online with the essays.

3.Printed out the acknowledgement card and their rules and signed them.

4. Made photocopy of my waec certificate and secondary school testimonial.

5. Took it to federal high court in my state along side the original and showed it to the court clerk or so.

6. After confirming that the photocopied documents were truly from the original,he collected it signed and stamped it. Note that I paid #20 per document totalling forty naira into govt purse.

7.I sent the stamped photocopied documents with the printed documents to the school address in California using NIPOST -it cost like #400 .

8. I got an email the next month from Uopeople confirming the receipt of my documents and that I should send WAEC scratch card.

9. I scanned it and sent it via email

10. The following term,I was admitted.

I started with computer science but the course is damn too tedious,it would have been easier for me if I had prior knowledge in computer science and the coding stuff. We had virtual laboratory,did python programming,Java etc before I applied for change of course (We did real practicals and coding EVERY WEEK). I'm now in my final year in business admin.

I have tasted a Nigeria university and I can tell you it is NO MATCH FOR UOPEOPLE. Online learning is not for EVERYBODY and i have seen so many Nigerians dropped out of Uopeople. Self motivation and discipline is required to scale through this school.

The founder was in Nigeria at the last economic forum for Africa in Abuja and he is forging alliance with govt. I'm optimistic that in no distant time Uopeople students in Nigeria will be allowed to participate in NYSC or at least have the exemption certificate.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by born2lead01: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2014
I just created this thread for the free tuition accredited university -Uopeople. You can drop your questions related to the school there https://www.nairaland.com/1834903/free-online-university-degree-all
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2014
born2lead01: ...

I started with computer science but the course is damn too tedious,it would have been easier for me if I had prior knowledge in computer science and the coding stuff. We had virtual laboratory,did python programming,Java etc before I applied for change of course (We did real practicals and coding EVERY WEEK). I'm now in my final year in business admin.

I have tasted a Nigeria university and I can tell you it is NO MATCH FOR UOPEOPLE. Online learning is not for EVERYBODY and i have seen so many Nigerians dropped out of Uopeople...

Thanks bro for giving a first user experience. I was always wondering whether there was any Nigerian who finished or is almost finishing at Uopeople. Yes, online learning is not for everyone. People often think that because it lacks face-to-face interaction and tutor supervision, the works are easier. On the contrary, one without self-discipline and determination cannot earn a degree online. I earned my BSBA in General Management online from Thomas Edison State College so I know what it feels like to pass through the challenges of self-study. Though my first two years at OAU were equally no joke, I think students in Nigeria are being spoon fed when it comes to teaching and learning.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by JustCare: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
born2lead01: I just created this thread for the free tuition accredited university -Uopeople. You can drop your questions related to the school there https://www.nairaland.com/1834903/free-online-university-degree-all
you didn't reply my mail?
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by born2lead01: 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
JustCare:

I did and even added your number but can't find you on my whatapp contact list
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by born2lead01: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
JustCare:

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by JustCare: 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
born2lead01:

I will send the number again ...maybe I will check the spam box. didn't get a message.
tell me a little about your expenditures then. I learnt that the Microsoft scholarship is meant for us only at associate degree level. did you make use of other scholarships to settle your expenses?
thanks
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Timijo(m): 9:09am On Jul 31, 2014
amnestylaw1:

You are right- no knowledge is wasted. There is nothing wrong in studying for professional or personal development. The degree might be useful in Nigeria, but you may not be able to embark on the NYSC or get exemption certificate. If your aim to secure PRIVATE employment, once you can defend what you have on paper, you may get hired. All the best with your studies. You will need to have your secondary school send OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS of all the courses/subjects you did in secondary school to Uopeople after you submit your application. When you get to the final stage, you will write about 5 to 7 essays or so. Also, you will need to buy a scratch card for either NECO or WAEC and send it to the school along with your other documents so they can verify your results.

For you and any other person considering UoPeople, I am copying part of the emails I got from them sometimes ago. They talk about the supporting documents that you'll need to send after your application has been successfully submitted online.

Required Documentation

1. Your printed and signed cover sheet- available in the Forms and Transcripts section of your online application.

2. Your high school diploma, or its equivalent, and a high school transcript in one of the following formats*:

a. An official copy of the diploma and transcript sent directly by the institution (e.g. Ministry of Education, High School) to University of the People.

b. The original diploma and transcript.

c. A photocopy of the original diploma certified by a notary public or an official authority (e.g. Ministry of Education, High School).

*If your diploma and transcript are not in English, please send the diploma and transcript in their original language (in one of the formats mentioned above), along with an official, accurate, word-for-word translation of both documents into English. Translations should be issued by the issuing institution, the Ministry of Education, or by a professional translator/translation company, and must be certified by a notary public.

3. English proficiency requirement – if you are a non-native English speaker, or you graduated from an institution where English was not the primary language of instruction, please click here to view which English proficiency documents you may submit to be considered for admission to an undergraduate program. Please note that all documents submitted must be original documents OR notarized photocopies, bearing original stamps and signatures from a notary public or the issuing institution.

If you do not hold one of the qualifications listed, or if your score falls below the minimum score required, and you have met all other Admissions requirements, you will be considered for admission as a non-degree special student. In order to become a degree-seeking student on an undergraduate program, you would be required to successfully pass the course English Composition 1 (or equivalent).

4. Computer Science proficiency requirements – if you have selected Computer Science as your desired program, please submit one or more of the following qualifications: strong high school mathematics preparation, prior college-level work in mathematics and/or computer science, and/or work-related experience in this area.

If you do not hold one of the qualifications listed, you will be considered for admission as a non- degree special student. In order to become a degree-seeking student on an undergraduate program in Computer Science, you would be required to successfully pass MATH 0101 Developmental Algebra. Please note the final examination is proctored and the course may not be used to meet the requirements of any UoPeople degree program.

*Please note that non-degree special students starting term may be delayed in one term.

Please send the above listed documents to:

University of the People
Office of Admissions
Pasadena, CA. 91101 USA

* Please note that if you are sending documents that contain multiple pages, all pages must bear certifying stamps and signatures.
* Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.
* Before mailing your forms, be sure to make photocopies for your records.
* Please contact admissions@uopeople.org before mailing your forms if you are not clear about what to send.

ANOTHER EMAIL

Please note while we can accept your WAEC and NECO certificates, your scratch cards must be sent front and back along with high school transcripts.

Notarized Secondary School Transcript: Your transcript must bear certifying stamps and signatures from a certified notary public or from an administrator of the issuing institution. Transcripts should list the courses you completed and grades earned for those courses for each year of secondary school. A statement of your WAEC results issued by your secondary school does not constitute a transcript. Please note that your school should provide you with your transcripts and not the WAEC.

WAEC scratch card: A photocopy or scan of a WAEC scratch card (both sides) must be presented for each WAEC Certificate you submit. Please note that the photocopy or scan must be of both sides of the scratch card.

**A NECO Certificate and NECO scratch card may be used in place of a WAEC Certificate and scratch card.
Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.

Our address is:
University of the People
Office of Admissions
Pasadena, CA 91101, USA

Thanks for this. Am still filling the form.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by bobojoshua(m): 10:51am On Jul 31, 2014
amnestylaw1: Another place to educate yourself for free is at gcflearnfree.org

AND

https://www.open2study.com/

Good luck guys. There are so many free opportunities out there.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by 2nex(m): 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
@op..thks .
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
born2lead01:

Really? Google "University of the People " I bet you will edit your comment.
UoPeople charges small processing fees for application ($10-$50) and examination processing ($100/per end-of-course exam).
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by born2lead01: 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
anakobembash:
UoPeople charges small processing fees for application ($10-$50) and examination processing ($100/per end-of-course exam).

The application fee can be waived and if you are from Africa, Microsoft has a scholarship for you for your 2yr associate degree in the school. You won't pay a dime.

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Egomah(m): 10:31am On Aug 01, 2014
Hello guys, thanks for the awesome informatioins you are sharing here. @op, thanks for creating this forum, my thumbs are up for you.
Please house, I'd like to know if there's a website to learn interior design? Any useful information about this will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by profemoral(m): 9:16am On Aug 05, 2014
www.saylor.org

www.canvas. net

check and thank me later.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Keky(m): 9:47am On Aug 05, 2014
Good
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Nduwin(f): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
pls house, is there any school I can learn water purification technology or techniques online for free? thanks in anticipation
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Nduwin(f): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
@ op i do appreciate ur efforts on this topic,more grace man! pls house, is there any school or site where one can learn water purification technology or techniques and quality control analysis of both treated and raw water samples online for free? thanks in anticipation
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by successking401(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
amnestylaw1: Another place to educate yourself for free is at gcflearnfree.org

AND

https://www.open2study.com/

Good luck guys. There are so many free opportunities out there.
pls is it a degree program or certificate course?secondly what abt its accreditation and acceptability in nigerian labor mkt or elsewhere?thanks in anticipation of ur response
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
successking401: pls is it a degree program or certificate course?secondly what abt its accreditation and acceptability in nigerian labor mkt or elsewhere?thanks in anticipation of ur response

Hi, these are certificates programs. There are degree, diploma, and vocational certification programs available for those who pay. For the free courses, once you listen to the lecture (watch the videos) you take the corresponding the quizzes to test your mastery of the subjects or concepts and upon completion, you can get a CERTIFICATE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT. The certificate are not anything serious, they can help boost your resume anyway, but they are not stand alone qualifications on their own.

To put it simply, those courses are offered by Open University Australia (Just like National Open University in Nigeria). For the paid versions, you can enroll in a program to get the qualification in that program. For the free version, you register (free of course) for the individual courses, take them and download your certificate of accomplishment when you are done.

So my brother, you do the maths whether they are acceptable in the Nigerian labor market. I'll say since they are free, go for it and learn something which may help you outshine others in the labor market.

The paid versions which lead to certificates, diplomas, and degrees are accredited and may be recognized and accepted by an employer of labor in Nigeria. I should like to add that the Open2Study houses different universities and colleges. Depending on the program you register for (that is for the paid version), you can graduate from well known Australian universities. The closest example I can give about what I mean is that- for example, it is like NOUN offering free courses in Human Rights, Management, Marketing etc and also offering degree and diploma programs in different disciplines whose degree are awarded by UI, OAU, UniLag, UNN etc.

You may check out www.saylor.org and www.alison.com for other free sites to get free education. Saylor offers free courses and free unaccredited degree. You can complete a Bsc in Business Admin and get a Saylor degree but at the moment they are not accredited. You can also complete free alison courses and get a beautiful Diploma in the mail. Alison offers you courses for free but they charge you for hard copy Diploma if you want one.
If you are intersted in christian degree UP TO THE MASTERS LEVEL, you can check www.nationsu.org or www.nationsu.net

Nations University is a christian university that has been given the permision by the relevant state authority in US to operate through distance learning. You can get a BRS = Bachelors of Religious studies (if you have a WAEC or NECO result) or Masters of Religious Studies or Masters of Divinity (if you already have a first degree http://www.nationsu.org/#!about2/c4nz). The school is free for everyone except US citizens who must pay certain amount.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
Just to add a few more:

www.nationsu.net (For Certificate, Bachelors, or Matsers in Religious Studies- the school is approved to run the program but they are still undergoing accreditation)

www.nationsu.org (For Certificate, Bachelors, or Matsers in Religious Studies- the school is approved to run the program but they are still undergoing accreditation)

www.alison.com ( Here you can learn and earn certificates and diplomas in the below areas)

All Subjects

Accounting Accounting & Finance Professionals Adobe Anatomy
App Development Arabic Artistic Techniques Banking
Biology British Council Career Development Carpentry
Chemistry Childcare Studies Chinese Language Studies Communication Technology
Computer Basics Customer Service Digital Creative Design E-Business and Marketing Professionals
Economics Electrical Engineering Engineering English
English Diplomas English for Business English for Teaching English for Tourism
English Grammar English Literature English Speaking Skills Entrepreneurial Skills
Environment Finance Food Safety French
Gardening Geography German Global Health Initiative
Google Health & Healthcare Professionals Health and Fitness Health Management
History Human Nutrition Human Resources Information Technology
Investment Irish Job Search Skills Law and Legal Skills
Management Management Professionals Manufacturing Marketing and Sales
Masonry skills Maths Mental Health Studies Microsoft Office
Multimedia Technology Music Nursing Studies Office Skills
Operations Management Photography Photoshop Physical Education
Physics Plumbing Politics Presentation Skills
Procurement Product Development Programming Project Management
Project Maths Psychology Quality Management School Safety
Science Security Techniques (Online) Six Sigma Social Media Techniques
Social Work Skills Spanish Language Skills Statistics Study Skills
Supply Chain Management Swedish Teacher Resources Teaching and Training Professionals
Tests Tourism Web Development Workplace Safety
Workplace Skills Yoga
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
Egomah: Hello guys, thanks for the awesome informatioins you are sharing here. @op, thanks for creating this forum, my thumbs are up for you.
Please house, I'd like to know if there's a website to learn interior design? Any useful information about this will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Egomah:

There are so many websites where you can learn Interior Design for free. Some of them may award you a certificate, others may not. I think the most important thing is what you learned, not the paper. So, these are websites with information on where to learn them for free. Good luck.

http://ocdesigncourses.edu.au/studying-interior-design/

http://www.interiordezine.com/interior-decorating-ecourse/

http://www.lynda.com/Interior-Design-training-tutorials/1598-0.html

http://education-portal.com/articles/List_of_Free_Online_Interior_Design_Courses_Classes_and_Learning_Materials.html

http://www.rhodec.org/sampler.htm

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nduwin: @ op i do appreciate ur efforts on this topic,more grace man! pls house, is there any school or site where one can learn water purification technology or techniques and quality control analysis of both treated and raw water samples online for free? thanks in anticipation

Nduwin,

There is a section of the UK Open University where you can learn about water technlogy or potable water treatment. The weblink is http://www.open.edu/openlearn/science-maths-technology/engineering-and-technology/technology/potable-water-treatment/content-section-0

You will notice that on the left hand side of the webpage, there is a CONTENT table where you can navigate between lessons. I hope this helps.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
For our Muslims friends and non-Muslims alike who want a religious degree like a BA, MA, or Diploma in Islamic Religious Studies, Psychology, Education etc, you can study online for free at http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/

According to the university, you can earn a certificate, diploma or degree in Islamic Religious Studies or even learn Arabic online http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/iap/ . You can check the link here http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/aboutus.php# for more info. The Diploma campus of the university can be located here at http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/opencampus/

All the best as we take advantage of the imnternet to leatn and degree for free or at a fraction of the real cost...

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
This thread seems to be silent, may a mod move this to the front page so people can benefit from the information and also suggest other options? Thanks

Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by Alleinad(f): 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
this topic has been the most educative and helpful topic to me on Nairaland since the beginning of the year. thank you all for contributing.
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by khaynoni(m): 7:33am On Aug 23, 2014
Most of the links are for undergraduate studies, someone should please help me with links to that of masters. Thanks
Re: 12 Amazing Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free by amnestylaw1(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2014
khaynoni: Most of the links are for undergraduate studies, someone should please help me with links to that of masters. Thanks

Some of the links, like the ones I posted, are equally for post graduate studies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did Chris Ngige Assault ASUU President, Osodeke, In A Meeting? / Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) / Bowen University Jokes About ASUU Strikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.