Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. (1994 Views)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / Pastors Collecting Tithes Are Robbers And David Did Not Kill Goliath - Aribisala / Why Tithes Are Important (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Mark 10;18
chrisviral:

Please I need a bible back up for this...
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
Unibenstudent: Mark 10;18

And the same Jesus also said I and God is one.

The latter part of mark 10:18 also said " there is none good but One, which is God"

Note but One.. he said right?
I and my Father is One...

Did you get now?
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
Get confused till u die,
chrisviral:

And the same Jesus also said I and God is one.

The latter part of mark 10:18 also said " there is none good but One, which is God"

Note but One.. he said right?
I and my Father is One...

Did you get now?
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
Unibenstudent: Get confused till u die,

Whenever insults enters an argument, it only means the folk is running out of words...
People are so fast to condemn winners and Oyedepo without even attending the church and knowing what we teach?
Please that's bad... STOP OOO
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
....the pastors who
know they are not levites,,but they are
negroes,still collect tithes,and use it
buy private jets,...

THIS IS VEEEEERY FUNNY!
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
chrisviral:

That is your own opinion.
I have paid my tithe, whatever they do with it, is not my wahala, it's between them and God.

And mind you,
The Bible warned you not to ever in your life talk against any anionted man of God, whatever they do, don't ever talk against them... I'm sure you know what happened to one of David's wife.
Don't mind them it is a poor man that sees tithe as a scam. I will keep paying my tithe as long as i live, cause its blessings are enormous
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by PastorKun(m): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
chrisviral:

Whenever insults enters an argument, it only means the folk is running out of words...
People are so fast to condemn winners and Oyedepo without even attending the church and knowing what we teach?

So it's oyedepo's church you patronise? No wonder you are so shallow.
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
ProfessorPeter: Don't mind them it is a poor man that sees tithe as a scam. I will keep paying my tithe as long as i live, cause its blessings are enormous

Bless you sir!
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

So it's oyedepo's church you patronise? No wonder you are so shallow.

From what you say, you live me with little doubt as to if you are really a pastor!
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Hawlahscho(m): 6:45am On Jul 27, 2014
PastorKun:

Can you quote one single passage in the bible were Christians are told to tithe of their money? And please don't quote Malachi 3:10 which was directed to Jews to tithe of their agricultural produce.

directed to Jews you said? that means thou shall not steal that ws directed to Israelites does not concern you too.
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Hawlahscho(m): 7:22am On Jul 27, 2014
Unibenstudent: How those that verse supports tithing,u r just scared that your papa will be broke without tithes, say the truth,, all u pastors are wicked,,we shall all see on the last day sha

Jeeeeeeez!!! who forced you into tithing FGS!!
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 27, 2014
So oyedepo was the person who died for you on the cross of calvary..how sad
chrisviral:

Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 27, 2014
Prophets of ancient times where known to be haters of evil misconduct ,i feel sorry for u all doing evil misconduct .
Hawlahscho:

Jeeeeeeez!!! who forced you into tithing FGS!!
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2014
Unibenstudent: So oyedepo was the person who died for you on the cross of calvary..how sad

grin don't struggle so hard looking for what to say, and stop assuming things.
Today the whole Winners Family is having a wonderful service, we concluding our end of the month theme :I AM BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING.

Your invited brother, we love you, it's all one Christianity.
Bless you!
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2014
Hawlahscho: You can't rewrite Bible..... I know God does not collect tithe directly but indirectly once you've done it to His servants. It's matter of mind, I don't care what the pastors are using it for, am doing what's in d Bible and nothing more.
@Hawlahscho, If truly you are doing what is in the Bible you should know that the whole old testament including malachi where you got tithe from,was Judaism which is the religion of the Jews not Christianity which is the religion of Jesus christ because Jesus founded christianity when he died on the cross and God has rejected Judaism and every other religion and lifted up christianity for salvation, so why are you still dwelling in boundage of tithe which was the order of Judaism? imagin someone will reading a portion of quran in islam saying that a man payed tithe thousands of centuries ago in Islam that you in Christianity should come and pay tithe is that not foolishness? that is what our pastors are doing today by asking us to pay tithe and we foolish church members we don't read Bible to see what is there, anything our pastors say we will obey with centiment. no wonder this country is larking behind because we are made up of foolish people

2 Likes

Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
paxonel:
@Hawlahscho, If truly you are doing what is in the Bible you should know that the whole old testament including malachi where you got tithe from,was Judaism which is the religion of the Jews not Christianity which is the religion of Jesus christ because Jesus founded christianity when he died on the cross and God has rejected Judaism and every other religion and lifted up christianity for salvation, so why are you still dwelling in boundage of tithe which was the order of Judaism? imagin someone will reading a portion of quran in islam saying that a man payed tithe thousands of centuries ago in Islam that you in Christianity should come and pay tithe is that not foolishness? that is what our pastors are doing today by asking us to pay tithe and we foolish church members we don't read Bible to see what is there, anything our pastors say we will obey with centiment. no wonder this country is larking behind because we are made up of foolish people

If you had read other Bible backup I gave before posting, then I would think of what you said, but apparently you didnt...

I have a question for all of you, by paying tithe, how exactly does it offend God?
I need scriptural back ups.
Sorry to say but this exactly what Jesus was talking about when he said
"Woe unto you, that you quickly want to remove the stone in your brothers eyes, without removing the BIG BEAM in your own eyes"
Judgement is for the Lord and The Lord's alone, yeah we are been scamed into paying tithe and you are not and you want to voice your dis-satisfaction on NL, how exactly does it glorify God?
Spend your life glorifying God not looking for what others are doing wrong, so that through the light that shines forth from you, you don't have to talk... we will just do as you do.
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Hawlahscho(m): 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
paxonel:

meaning no tithe payer in new testament and old testament is condemned right? be bold to say it.
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hawlahscho:

meaning no tithe payer in new testament and old testament is condemned right? be bold to say it.
don't get me wrong , tithe in new testament(Christianity ) is optional. it is not by force. if you have a good reason to pay go ahead and pay. but so far no pastor in Nigeria has advanced one good reason why we should pay tithe, all the reasons they give are all scam. quoting old testament is scam because we are in Christianity. old testament is Judaism. In those days tithe was by force that the jews were asked to pay because not paying was like robbing God

2 Likes

Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=chrisviral]

If you had read other Bible backup I gave before posting, then I would think of what you said, but apparently you didnt...

I have a question for all of you, by paying tithe, how exactly does it offend God?
"Woe unto you, that you quickly want to remove the stone in your brothers eyes, without removing the BIG BEAM in your own eyes"
Judgement is for the Lord and The Lord's alone, yeah we are been scamed into paying tithe and you are not and you want to voice your dis-satisfaction on NL, how exactly does it glorify God?
Spend your life glorifying God not looking for what others are doing wrong, so that through the light that shines forth from you, you don't have to talk... we will just do as you do
every Christian have glorified God already, they are justified. but that doesn't mean that they are free from the consquences of the sin comitted by their neighbor especially the sin commited by pastors. the only way they can be free is to voice out and correct pastors when they see them going wrong, yes we know we commit sin at any point in time but we all need to be corrected so that we can live happily. no body is above correction,pastors are not above correction.it will even glorify God the more when we correct pastors and they repent from the sin of distorting tithe from church members

1 Like

Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2014

Spend your life glorifying God not looking for what others are doing wrong, so that through the light that shines forth from you, you don't have to talk... we will just do as you do
every Christian have glorified God already, they are justified. but that doesn't mean that they are free from the consquences of the sin comitted by their neighbor especially the sin commited by pastors. the only way they can be free is to voice out and correct pastors when they see them going wrong, yes we know we commit sin at any point in time but we all need to be corrected so that we can live happily. no body is above correction,pastors are not above correction.it will even glorify God the more when we correct pastors and they repent from the sin of distorting tithe from church members
p
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=paxonel][/quote]
@chrisviral,

Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=paxonel][/quote]

Hmmm and exactly how are the pastors going wrong... by reading out the very same Bible verse... hmmm your funny..
Did any of these pastors force you at gun point to pay tithe or did any of them steal you money...

My bro Levites in those days were the priest actually, that why God said bring it into my store house, Abraham tithed, I am tithing out of my free will, even all our pastors in church tithes and yes Even papa Oyedepo too tithes to redeem church or copeland ministries...
Tithe is a principal, if you understand it, please do, if you don't, ignore it and don't hate it....
I have never seen anyone that went to he'll in the bible because He/she paid/didn't pay tithe.

But for me and every other Winners Family, we will continue to tithe coz we knows it's undeniable benefits.
Love you all.
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
chrisviral:

Hmmm and exactly how are the pastors going wrong... by reading out the very same Bible verse... hmmm your funny..
Did any of these pastors force you at gun point to pay tithe or did any of them steal you money...

My bro Levites in those days were the priest actually, that why God said bring it into my store house, Abraham tithed, I am tithing out of my free will, even all our pastors in church tithes and yes Even papa Oyedepo too tithes to redeem church or copeland ministries...
Tithe is a principal, if you understand it, please do, if you don't, ignore it and don't hate it....
I have never seen anyone that went to he'll in the bible because He/she paid/didn't pay tithe.

But for me and every other Winners Family, we will continue to tithe coz we knows it's undeniable benefits.
Love you all.
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
chrisviral:

Love you all.
chrisviral:

Love you all.
I have told that princple is not for Christianity it was for Judaism and you are not saying whether you know or not that it was for Judaism rather you are telling me how you are benefiting from paying tithe.
by the way, let me ask you, what benefits have you derived from tithe? you get a principle from another religion (Judaism ) and practice it in Christianity and you are saying it is benefiting you? didn't you see that the benefit of tithe was stated in malachi in Judaism and not in Christianity which started in the new testament? mention just one benefit you have derived let me see
for your info Jesus says the least in the kingdom of God which is Christianity is greater than john the Baptist and Malachi and all the prophet of the old testament which is Judaism
so we are greater than tithe, we don't need tithe to prosper. whether you pay tithe or you don't pay you will still make your money in life if you work hard
do you think that achievement you made was as result of paying tithe to oyedepo?oyedepo have brainwashed you people by quoting old testament which is Judaism for you people
In this life everybody who work prosper,even if it is pure water you sell. that is how God designed this life, rain for everybody, sun for everybody.
even dangote who is a Muslim do he pay tithe to anybody? among all of you in winners who pay tithe who is richer than dangote?
you people don't think at all
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
Wow, that's lovely, I didn't know I was brainwashed grin, thanks for letting me know.
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Hawlahscho(m): 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
paxonel:
don't get me wrong , tithe in new testament(Christianity ) is optional. it is not by force. if you have a good reason to pay go ahead and pay. but so far no pastor in Nigeria has advanced one good reason why we should pay tithe, all the reasons they give are all scam. quoting old testament is scam because we are in Christianity. old testament is Judaism. In those days tithe was by force that the jews were asked to pay because not paying was like robbing God

and is still not by force...... all the pastors do is quote that verse you dislike and never force anyone to pay it. So it's mata of choice and preference. if you don't believe in someone's belief does not mean you shud go against it. CASE CLOSED!
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hawlahscho: You can't rewrite Bible..... I know God does not collect tithe directly but indirectly once you've done it to His servants. It's matter of minod, I don't care what the pastors are using it for, am doing what's in d Bible and nothing more.
[quote author=chrisviral]Wow, that's lovely, I didn't know I was brainwashed grin, thanks for letting me know
if i were you i will keep quiet and go think about it
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
by the time you quote somewhere in the old testament saying if you don't pay tithe you are robbing God what are you doing?.are you not indirectly forcing them to pay? you are forcing.the church members because when they hear that they will be robbing God if they dont pay they will not want the anger of God to come upon them,they become afraid and have no chioce but to pay, and also you are saying if they dont pay they wount prosper which is a lie.
In the first place they are ignorant.the church members are ignorant of the fact that old testament is not Christianity. nobody is telling them that truth. so they think because old testament and new testament are in one book called Bible therefore they are the same thing. so the pastors take advantage of that ignorance and distort money from them because nobody is protecting them,the government is not protecting the ignorant citizens.

2 Likes

Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
The only reason I'm not talking is because I have said all there is to say in all my post on page 0 and I don't have to repeat them...
Good luck with your saving the ignorant christian movement.

Just the way your so sure that your the right one, it's also the same way we (tithers) are so so sure that your acting out of ignorant.
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by paxonel(m): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
@chrisviral, you are not repeating what you pasted on page 0 because you are not sure again if you actually say the truth, and you tihers are not sure of anything, you are all bunch of confused people. if not, tell me, how come inspite the the too much church and tithe in this country Nigeria is still corrupt? poverty is everywhere, the vast of church members still live in poverty, is that not ignorance on your tithe ideology? I am saying something new totally different from what nigerians and their pastors know, something pastors failed to see in the Bible that can help bring out nigerians out of boundage,poverty and corruption because only the truth can set us free but you are telling me i am ignorant. the one you know which oyedopo and all pastors in Nigeria thought you has it help reduce corruption and poverty? No. instead the more they are teaching it nigerians are becoming vulnerable to sharp practices and corruption everyday because if they can't.be bold enough without sentiment to question their pastors who they can assess how will they be bold to question their government who they can't assess?
I can see nigerians in general don't want something new how can they change? therefore change is not possible for Nigeria
Nigerians are like jews in Jesus days. when Jesus was telling them something new different from what they know they opposed him, saying he is ignorant. then how can they change? I am not Jesus, whether it is me or someone else, somebody has to say the truth that is required to bring about change, the truth that no pastors in Nigeria have started preaching yet

2 Likes

Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by Hawlahscho(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
[quote author=paxonel][/quote] That's where preference enters.
Re: People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. by chrisviral(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mr paxonel, how exactly does paying of tithe corrupt nigerians and keeps it in bondage?
I want to understand.. before you talk think...
Is tithe equivalent to the billions of funds been siphoned, or is it actually causing the increase in un_employment or it is the cause of lack of infrastructures in your country...
Let he, who can talk, talk reasonably or just shut up!

Do you know how many staffs Oyedepo has under him (that's employment) in what aspect did Jesus actually change the economic state of the Jews or roman reign then...
If the country is not doing fine, it's not the church's fault, it's the fault of its citizens combined.

Will not paying tithe actually make police officers stop collecting bribe, will it make prostitutes stop dropping kids on the roads, will it make your government start building infrastructure or how exactly will it change Nigeria?
Talk like a learned person, do you know what this tithes are used for, in Winners we run welfare program where the poor families are assisted financially, same for widows and also give out scholarship to university students (about 100 received 50k each this year in just my church branch in owerri alone) and don't forget our giving arm, one of the highest in the World...
Do you think this monies fall from skies, I pity you my dear...
So before you open your mouth and talk rubbish, first research and BTW who told you we don't talk about Jesus Gospel, go to a winners church, get in line and get a WOFBI FORM (BCC), it's a two weeks course for all winners (and don't worry, the church will pay for you) and you see that your just starting in christianity, if not you won't talk like this.
God Bless you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns / Bishop David Oyedepo A Man Of Character Plus Capacity Only Fools Criticise / Video: Blood-moon, Solar Eclipse, End Of The World, People’s Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.