Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) (1114 Views)

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / Gov Yahaya Bello's Choice Of Deputy Meets Legal, Political And Social Criteria / Madam Tinubu: Inside The Political And Business Empire Of A 19th Century Heroine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2014
In the past few months I have been a regular visitor to IOCs (International Oil Companies) in Nigeria but I have been handicapped on how to take snapshots while the well armed security men and women are watching even though somehow colleagues.

But on my visit yesterday to one of facilities run by one of the IOCs, I applied another technique by using a pen equipped with camera/video viewing to take these shots without being noticed.

I have come to realize that you do not need to travel abroad for you to have a feel of Western society and community! I think we need not just political will but economic will to transform greater part of Nigeria to this level.

We do not need to look into 2050 anymore. This is an achievable level because it has been achieved within the confines of this country but for the super-humans (whitemen) dwelling environment and place. It brings to question once more; are the whites superior to the blacks? Because I must confess that I have seen whites treated like they are some aliens that needs to be given cutting-edge treatment.

Some Nigerian states have equally done great works on road construction but can we get the poor and downtrodden that live at suburbs have the same feeling of importance and pride.

Please share your thoughts on this subject!

Nigeria ga adi mma..

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Leibnitz: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2014
Chino nwanne cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by rozayx5(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2014
waiting for pics
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2014
Inside the facility..

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 26, 2014
All I see are pictures of grasses. Chino,you can do better!
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 11:05am On Jul 26, 2014
Can we start planting the grass at least hun..!

berem: All I see are pictures of grasses. Chino,you can do better!

3 Likes

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2014
I want the Western world to help us to transform the greater part of Nigeria just like they have done in those of their facilities. I am not saying that we do not have good roads in some parts of the country but we can do much more..not only on the major roads but in Nigeria's inner streets and all!

2 Likes

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by brownlords: 11:07am On Jul 26, 2014
Working so hard for your pay. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 26, 2014
chinolization: Can we start planting the grass at least hun..?

planting the grass for who? Are you planning to start a normadic/cattle rearing business? grin grin
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Nnewi1stSon: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2014
Chino where did you take those pics? PH?
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Leibnitz: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2014
I have come to realize that you do not need to travel abroad for you to have a feel of Western society and community! I think we need not just political will but economic will to transform greater part of Nigeria to this level—Chinolization 2014 cool wink
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Leibnitz: 11:10am On Jul 26, 2014
Naija Adigo Mma whether Aboki or Ndiofe like it or not. cool

1 Like

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by dozzzybaba: 11:10am On Jul 26, 2014
brownlords: Working so hard for your pay. Nice one
Man must wak cheesycheesy
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 11:11am On Jul 26, 2014
In the process I ran into a friend that works there who confessed to me that they are living between Nigeria and Europe each they go to work and come back home.. (Laughs) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Leibnitz: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2014
The Land is Always Green cheesy cheesy
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by dozzzybaba: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2014
Show us the pictures of the Federal governments neglect of the Niger delta creeks.(what has Jonathan done for his Niger delta people?)

Show us the pictures of the water pollution caused by oil spillage in the Niger delta

Show us the pictures of the enviromental degradation in Ogoni land(what happend to the billions of dollars disbursed for the clean up of Ogoni land?)

Nigeria, a country blessed with a lot of mineral resources but cursed with bad leaders
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Leibnitz: 11:19am On Jul 26, 2014
Some Nigerian states have equally done great works on road construction but can we get the poor and downtrodden that live at suburbs have the same feeling of importance and pride—Chinolization 2014 cheesy cheesy
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 11:19am On Jul 26, 2014
As I was walking through tha facility I realized that Nigerians are not wild-mannered after-all, because I could see people walk on the walk-ways instead of usual walking on the lawn! I could see everybody walk as if it is no longer Nigeria where people do not mind walking on the center of the road.

Do you not think we need the whites to govern us for at least the next 20years?

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2014
We are still saying the same thing. Its all about proffering solutions and not being further destructive..

dozzzybaba: Show us the pictures of the Federal governments neglect of the Niger delta creeks.(what has Jonathan done for his Niger delta people?)

Show us the pictures of the water pollution caused by oil spillage in the Niger delta

Show us the pictures of the enviromental degradation in Ogoni land(what happend to the billions of dollars disbursed for the clean up of Ogoni land?)

Nigeria, a country blessed with a lot of mineral resources but cursed with bad leaders
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by phantom(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2014
no be shell RA be that?
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2014
shocked

Nnewi1stSon: Chino where did you take those pics? PH?
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by dozzzybaba: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: can we get the poor and downtrodden that live at suburbs have the same feeling of importance and pride
This is a very good question. Unfortunately, majority of Nigerians fall within this category i.e poor & downtrodden whilst only about 0.1% are the only one enjoying the nations collective vast wealth
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2014
We can achieve this in all parts of Nigeria!

This is how the least hood in US and UK looks like, I could be wrong though! Maybe when I land in Dubai next month I will compare notes..

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Leibnitz: 11:30am On Jul 26, 2014
dozzzybaba: This is a very good question. Unfortunately, majority of Nigerians fall within this category i.e poor & downtrodden whilst only about 0.1% are the only one enjoying the nations collective vast wealth
My dear it's really a pity that our leaders both former and later have failed us in all ramifications cry embarassed
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2014
It is a collective effort: Operation Transform Greater Nigeria!

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by brownlords: 11:41am On Jul 26, 2014
dozzzybaba: Man must wak cheesycheesy

I understand bro, no tym to chk tym.

1 Like

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Nonybb: 11:57am On Jul 26, 2014
You went to Shell Facilities in Port Harcourt just to snap and share this Pictures? You must be so Jobful
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hun, tree planting can elongate life on earth.. cool

berem: planting the grass for who? Are you planning to start a normadic/cattle rearing business? grin grin

'Most of us like trees. These incredible organisms clean our air and water, provide valuable habitat for wildlife, increase our property values, and make us feel happier through their beauty. They also seem to make urban roads safer.

Most of us don’t think of trees as infrastructure, but in an urban context they are just that. Research indicates that they can play a powerful role in traffic calming, especially through their impact on three vehicle-related risks: speeding, road rage, and pedestrian/bicyclist injury.

Urban trees act as green utilities that have become an indispensable part of the urban fabric. We need to re-examine accepted assumptions about where it is appropriate to plant trees and develop street and road designs that utilize their powerful influence on human health and safety.'

Read the complete story on Next American City at http://americancity.org/buzz/entry/3173/

1 Like

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
My Bayelsa has similar thing!

Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Welcome to Port Harcourt Chino. At least you've seen with your eyes. Try to go a bit round town to understand why I get mad when people compare villages with PHcity.
Re: Transforming Greater Nigeria Through Political And Economic Will (pictures) by chinolization: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
You always unsettle me each time you comment!

Is this place PHcity? What I posted is one of the IOCs facilities and not Phcity. Though the facility is in PH but it has nothing to do with the Rivers Government and its development agenda. I still maintain that greater part of Ph is still slum! No apologies!

But there are still nice hoods like New GRA, Old GRA, Cocaine, Rumuibekwe, Dline..etc outside that I bet you will not like Ph even if they dash it..

I took some pix across board in the town, I can share it if you permit me! But do not puke! cheesy

PH is a city I visit at least once a month, so don't tell me about the town..abeg!

Abagworo: Welcome to Port Harcourt Chino. At least you've seen with your eyes. Try to go a bit round town to understand why I get mad when people compare villages with PHcity.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, El-rufai Should Discuss With Boko Haram - Prophet / US Begs Nigeria For Help To Contain Ebola / Declare Your Assets Now, CNPP Tells Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.