Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,286 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (639871 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
DonOms:

Now that's what you think but it's actually very possible if you understand why people are the way they are. You see, truth is, many people are ignorant of the real truth due to their domestication. Their own 'truth' is all they know because they didn't question the teachings they were fed by the society and their environment. So it's not about them, but it's about the jargon that has been passed from generation to generation. So it's not so much their fault really, so why hate them for what they're not capable of helping?

You should determine to pass to your offspring the real truth about life and hope to correct the generation that roots from you if you can't others. That's what your energy should focus on, not hate of people who know little to nothing about the real truth.
Tanx

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas guys and happy new year in advance.
I pray today birth the beginning of wonderful testimonies in our lives. Happy celebration

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
locust:
Merry Christmas homies.
How are you celebrating? I'll try to go out there and woo a lady. I go shame the devil today.
Yes! I'm beating my chest on it
Lol
Ride on bro
We gat ya back
Sha don't come back with a swollen eye cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
gidjah:
I know most of you guys gonna stay indoors just like moi...anyways,its part of the fun, God bless you all.
Like seriously, am celebrating on my bed with TV and my phone

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hahahahahahha, chei we introverts kind of life style... Quite unique, God is just great. Been indoors since y day after church. On. My bed too. Thank God for my newly acquired gadgets. Very strong battery cells to keep me flowing. Would have tot of going to the Abuja millennium park.. But abegi I no fit drive inside this
cold weather. The car sef go suffer for my hand so let me kuku MA lay on me bed. Like seriously we rock the world. I am enjoying my privacy and lonely thing. Where do u reside @wide flower? Who knows you could be my next door neighbor !
Windflower:

Like seriously, am celebrating on my bed with TV and my phone

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
My bishops PA was supposed to come Pay me. A visit today, I guessed I won't be needing another party with me today, just wanna lay me down all day, eat read ,browse, play games and watch sound movies. There won't be extra room for gisting so I had to excuse my self out of the visitation(small lies)! Please Lord pardon me, I just wanna be by my self all alone this days. Just pray people around me would understand.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
My bishops PA was supposed to come Pay me A visit today, I guessed I won't be needing another party with me , just wanna lay me down all day, eat read ,browse, play games and watch sound movies. There won't be extra room for gisting so I had to excuse my self out of the visitation(small lies)! Please Lord pardon me, I just wanna be by my self all alone this days. Just pray people around me would understand. Good afternoon my family members.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
You might not wanna go out today, you might not want visitors come knocking on that door, but you can try putting up few important calls to some cherished person's around you, let them know you care, let them know you value them, remind them God still loves them despite all they seem to be going through and you would be so surprised the length to which that short but timely call can go. Great season to you all

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
gidjah:
Hahahahahahha, chei we introverts kind of life style... Quite unique, God is just great. Been indoors since y day after church. On. My bed too. Thank God for my newly acquired gadgets. Very strong battery cells to keep me flowing. Would have tot of going to the Abuja millennium park.. But abegi I no fit drive inside this
cold weather. The car sef go suffer for my hand so let me kuku MA lay on me bed. Like seriously we rock the world. I am enjoying my privacy and lonely thing. Where do u reside @wide flower? Who knows you could be my next door neighbor !
Lol,Thank God for the 20hrs electricity supply,it's keeps me going. In as much as we enjoy our privacy,we should also try to moderate it. Haha,I can't be your next door neigbhour. Am in Lagos
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 8:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Emzyme:

Wow tanx

Buh I can't see how I would hate what deh stand for without actually hating them

I actually just took a cursory look at your diary and realised why you may nurse hatred for your parents. I'll admit they have not been good parents and any child facing what you wrote about may actually get to hate the parents and even get a damaged psyche in the process.

Nevertheless, I still stand by my words - don't hate them. I really don't know why they do what they do to you. Although it seems they may resent you for your personality and have the opinion that you're recalcitrant even though it's just simply that they don't understand you. I must confess, no child should ever pass through such experience from his/her parent. But if you muster strength and resist the pain, you'll turn out strong and great.

You see, in the near future, when you're older and more independent, they will respect you more and all these experiences would be a thing of the past. For now, I'd advice you play the dummy. Please them the best way you can. And get the best you can from them - education, really. This will help you fulfil your dreams and get you to that place of authority when they won't have the effect they have on you today.
And lest I forget, don't act out vengeance on them when you have turned out better. Treat them well. They will surely realise their mistakes and regret their actions. Remain blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas everyone!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Merry Christmas!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
DonOms:

I actually just took a cursory look at your diary and realised why you may nurse hatred for your parents. I'll admit they have not been good parents and any child facing what you wrote about may actually get to hate the parents and even get a damaged psyche in the process.

Nevertheless, I still stand by my words - don't hate them. I really don't know why they do what they do to you. Although it seems they may resent you for your personality and have the opinion that you're recalcitrant even though it's just simply that they don't understand you. I must confess, no child should ever pass through such experience from his/her parent. But if you muster strength and resist the pain, you'll turn out strong and great.

You see, in the near future, when you're older and more independent, they will respect you more and all these experiences would be a thing of the past. For now, I'd advice you play the dummy. Please them the best way you can. And get the best you can from them - education, really. This will help you fulfil your dreams and get you to that place of authority when they won't have the effect they have on you today.
And lest I forget, don't act out vengeance on them when you have turned out better. Treat them well. They will surely realise their mistakes and regret their actions. Remain blessed.

Ok thanks sir, will try
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
20hrs power supply is good. Even major part of our city here can't make of such boast. It is well Dr, you go sha
come to our state some times to come abi? Abi u even dey eye our city for base in d nearest future?
Windflower:

Lol,Thank God for the 20hrs electricity supply,it's keeps me going. In as much as we enjoy our privacy,we should also try to moderate it. Haha,I can't be your next door neigbhour. Am in Lagos
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 9:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
GloryIsaac:
Merry Christmas
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bahddo(m): 12:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hmmm... I've missed alot. Would have to read through 30+ pages now

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bahddo(m): 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
Blackfyre:
I don't know if it suits the depressing thread or this one, but i am sure to get inputs here.

So i have these moments where iimagine am in the center of chaos. Chaos like full on war, people being cut down, blood spilling everywhere, babies crying clutching on to their dead moms corpse, fathers weeping over their dead sons. Some choking on their blood, smokes in the sky that has seemed to eclipse the sun, temperature falling rapidly like it's about to rain and a young baby girl not far from my feet crawling towards where am seated sobbing after growing tired of crying. I am in the middle of that and some sort of melancholic song is playing from a distance, like from a violin, depressing at the same time bringing some sort of calm to it all even as the chaos is still raging on and just when the song is about closing the chaos gradually ebbs till there is none anymore at this point the young baby girl is in my hands holding tightly to me as she sleeps as the temperature becomes very cold and everywhere becomes deafening silent.

I don't know why i have it, something wrong? undecided
such vivid visions. Looks like you are the Azor Ahai afterall, not Jon Snow smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Daeylar(f): 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2017
Emzyme:

Wow tanx

Buh I can't see how I would hate what deh stand for without actually hating them

Been reading this thread and read a little bit of your diary ( only a little bit of the last 2 pages), sorry about what you're going through, really sorry.

If you don't mind, this is my opinion.

Find a way (legal) to gain financial independence and cut them out of your life and move on,
I like your plan of not seeing them once you enter school, that's perfect. But also try and gain financial independence(in a legal manner), so you can pay for your own schooling, and everything relating to it, and when you're done with your schooling, no need to move back to them. You're already free, no need to go back.

In my opinion cutting them off and living freely is the best thing you can do,
If you want to hate them you can, atleast for a while. You are allowed and I think it's advisable to acknowledge your feelings, don't repress them,
But not for long, acknowledge your feelings, don't bury anything so you don't start feeling bitterness, the move on, don't let the hate consume you, move on and cut them off.

You come first, above your parents. Above anyone, don't try and please them, won't work. And I feel if you try and please them and they continue to rebuff you it would hurt you even more. Trying to please them gives them the power to hurt you even more if they choose to, Don't give them that power.

Cutting them off Is the best thing to do, you don't deserve such negativity from anyone and just because they are family and your parents doesn't mean they get a pass. It's even a reason to make you angrier because they brought you into this world and therefore should take good care of you but they are doing the opposite.
Like I said, being a parent doesn't give anyone a pass to treat their child anyhow.

Gain financial independence and cut them off and move on with your life, no need to hope and wait that they change, who cares if they change? just move on from them completely, you deserve far better.
You deserve to be happy.

Maybe you can go for therapy one day. Maybe.

It's not easy and it hurts, but you'll get through it,
All the best.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
Bahddo:
such vivid visions. Looks like you are the Azor Ahai afterall, not Jon Snow smiley

You are mistaken. There is no saving this world. There is only getting out alive in only one other way....undecided

That was wishful thinking, a hope that will never be.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
Daeylar:

Been reading this thread and read a little bit of your diary ( only a little bit of the last 2 pages), sorry about what you're going through, really sorry.

If you don't mind, this is my opinion.

Find a way (legal) to gain financial independence and cut them out of your life and move on,
I like your plan of not seeing them once you enter school, that's perfect. But also try and gain financial independence(in a legal manner), so you can pay for your own schooling, and everything relating to it, and when you're done with your schooling, no need to move back to them. You're already free, no need to go back.

In my opinion cutting them off and living freely is the best thing you can do,
If you want to hate them you can, atleast for a while. You are allowed and I think it's advisable to acknowledge your feelings, don't repress them,
But not for long, acknowledge your feelings, don't bury anything so you don't start feeling bitterness, the move on, don't let the hate consume you, move on and cut them off.

You come first, above your parents. Above anyone, don't try and please them, won't work. And I feel if you try and please them and they continue to rebuff you it would hurt you even more. Trying to please them gives them the power to hurt you even more if they choose to, Don't give them that power.

Cutting them off Is the best thing to do, you don't deserve such negativity from anyone and just because they are family and your parents doesn't mean they get a pass. It's even a reason to make you angrier because they brought you into this world and therefore should take good care of you but they are doing the opposite.
Like I said, being a parent doesn't give anyone a pass to treat their child anyhow.

Gain financial independence and cut them off and move on with your life, no need to hope and wait that they change, who cares if they change? just move on from them completely, you deserve far better.
You deserve to be happy.

Maybe you can go for therapy one day. Maybe.

It's not easy and it hurts, but you'll get through it,
All the best.

Tanx I appreciate
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Daeylar(f): 8:00am On Dec 29, 2017
Emzyme:

Tanx I appreciate

You're welcome. smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bahddo(m): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2017
DonOms:

Firstly, there is no need to "suppress the anger tingling up your thumbs." I didn't mean to anger you, far from that, really; I simply shared my opinions and some findings, both of which are definitely not infallible. In fact, if you were patient enough to get the message in my post and ignore the emotion of "tingling anger," you'd have noticed "most likely inborn" in my post. This phrase means I never confirmed "introversion is genetic as discovered by science," you simply inferred that.

Secondly, I agree with you we are all different. In fact, I've based most of my personal research on supporting the validity of individualism and why it should matter in all our dealings. But my ideas do not seem impeccable to me. NO. I learn and unlearn everyday and that to me is the ultimate intelligence. I am very ready to learn from you if you have things to share.

Thirdly, Science didn't say the earth was flat. People did. The Flat Earth Society was a movement rather than a scientific caucus. The likes of Pythagoras and Aristotle, then Einstein later, actually disproved this fallacy using science. I agree science have been wrong a number of times, and still gets it wrong today though. It's a process and that's why we have hypotheses, theories, premises and experiments before we have facts.

Finally, you truly can call yourself whatever you like. I would have apologised that you took this a bit personal but it would be contradictory if I did - since you have literally supported the argument that we are all entitled to our opinions, and that includes my correction. I do however apologise I stirred you to near anger though, it wasn't my intention. I'm sorry.

"There is no such thing as a pure introvert or extrovert. Such a person will be in the lunatic asylum." - Dr. Carl G. Jung.
*slow clap* cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bahddo(m): 9:14am On Dec 29, 2017
Blackfyre:

You are mistaken. There is no saving this world. There is only getting out alive in only one other way....undecided

That was wishful thinking, a hope that will never be.
lol. No saving this world? You don't know that jor.

Those visions, what do you think they are about? You are the Azor Ahai jare. You see it in the flames, you just don't realise it tongue
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 29, 2017
Bahddo:
lol. No saving this world? You don't know that jor.

Those visions, what do you think they are about? You are the Azor Ahai jare. You see in the flames, you just don't realise it tongue

@emboldened i know this for a fact so do others who are paying attention. The inhabitants can save themselves through that only way, but for the world itself? It is doomed.

Everything will return to nothing.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
Daeylar

Between you and your husband who comes first?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bahddo(m): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
Blackfyre:

@emboldened i know this for a fact so do others who are paying attention. The inhabitants can save themselves through that only way, but for the world itself? It is doomed.

Everything will return to nothing.
hmmm... Sadism. ok, I misjudged. Now you are sounding more like 'Dormammu' than the Azor Ahai.

The world that already ended in 2012, or another one? grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Bahddo:
hmmm... Sadism. ok, I misjudged. Now you are sounding more like 'Dormammu' than the Azor Ahai.

The world that already ended in 2012, or another one? grin

undecided

I went through your posts and i was impressed on how you made people understand the difference between Jesus Christ and God. I want to believe you are as well knowledgeable of the book of Revelation.

The word of God must come to pass. No force can stop it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
One of my resolution for 2018, is wooing a lady and starting my first ever dating and love. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 01, 2018
So the last time I posted on this thread was for "Merry Christmas" cheesy

This time, it's

Happy New Year Everyone! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:12am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year Fam

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 3:27am On Jan 01, 2018
Rukkydelta:
Happy New Year Fam

Happy New Year!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.