Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:33 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (669434 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (301) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sunexy(m): 5:50am On May 20, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Oh Im sorry. Just so you know some introverts have the same problem. You should try to be more of a listener vs a talker. Not everything requires a remark or comment. And secondly, think about what you are saying before u say it. If it seems like it will be offensive, it most likely is, and don't say it.
Hope that helps.
That didnt help at all. They cant handle it means they deem me so hysterical at everything I say or do considering it so funny even when it isnt my intentions. That can lead them to taking me unserious later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nnamdiosu(m): 5:41am On May 22, 2018
hiawathia1981:
To my introverted friends, do you think that being shy and being introverted are the same thing? Also any good tips on networking? I dont have much of a problem here, well not now since im making friends. But I am in a situation at work where I am in a ideal environment to align myself with good contacts for future opportunities. But bc of my nature, im just letting the opportunity pass along.

Update:maybe this should be its own topic.
Mods, move to separate topic if necessary please

Hi. No. Being shy and introverted are tow different things. Everyone can be shy including extroverts. But introvert is one of the classifications of human personality based on socialization.

Good tips on networking?
1. Identify with like peers or people with common interest. This will eliminate shyness. E.g if you are a banker, first ensure you're would be friend is a banker too. So as you both discuss on financial matters, the shyness eases off.

2. Online networking might be a better idea first. Get to chat or converse with the person online. You'll now feel good and easy chatting with the person on ground.

3. Join wassap or Facebook groups.

4. Participate as much as you can in alumnias

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nnamdiosu(m): 5:52am On May 22, 2018
hiawathia1981:

I agree
Im hoping that those of us have found ways to overcome some of the negative aspects of being an introvert will share tips to those of us who are struggling.

Hi. Everything lies in the mind. Our perception Inside affects the outside.
One of the main problems of introverts is their inability to control their thought process...e.g will I make a grammatical error, am I dressed well, do they like me, am I good enough etc.
Therefore , boldness comes from thinking the Right thoughts in our mind e.g I can do this, I'm going to do it....

1. Introverts should take small steps of boldness e.g answering questions in class briefly. Or disagreeing with someone who speaks (respectfully). Now , the next time you are faced with a more difficult social task you can recall the last one you did and that will give you boldness and courage.
But when one doesn't have any record, it gives fear and uncertainty.

2. We should endeavour to control our thought process. They don't like me, should change to, they like me. I can't do it, should change to, I can do it. Learn to tell yourself, I'm OK. I'm all right. I can do it. As a man Thinketh in his heart so is he.

3. Be knowledgeable in the area you operate. That gives you courage that what you want to say will be appreciated and needed. Trust me, the battle would have been won 50% if you scale this point.

Also, look for speaking engagement programmes or literary clubs, societies etc to join. For those in asaba, delta state , I know of one that welcomes introverts and makes them bold, confident and skilled in connecting with people or speaking in public. Holla me if interested.
My name is Namo and I'm an ambivert. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by zeus9634: 6:56pm On May 22, 2018
hi everyone I'm an introvert ..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:18am On May 23, 2018
Thank you for the tips.

qquote author=nnamdiosu post=67766159]

Hi. Everything lies in the mind. Our perception I side affects the outside.
One of the main problems of introverts is their inability to control their thought process...e.g will I make a grammatical error, am I dressed well, do they like me, am I good enough etc.
Therefore , boldness comes from thinking the tight thoughts in our mind e.g I can do this, I'm going to do it....

1. Introverts should take small steps of boldness e.g answering questions in class briefly. Or disagreeing with someone who speaks (respectfully). Now , the next time you are faced with a more difficult social task you can recall the last one you did and that will give you boldness and courage.

2. We should endeavour to control our thought process. They don't like me should change to the like me. Incant do it should change to I can do it. Learn to tell yourself, I'm OK. I'm all right. I can do it. As a ma. Thinketh in his heart so is he.

3. Be knowledgeable in the area you operate. That gives you courage that what you want to say will be appreciated and needed. Trust me, the battle would have been won 50% if you scale this point.

Also, look for speaking engagement programmes or literary clubs, societies etc to join. For those in asaba, delta state , I know of one that welcomes introverts and makes them bold, confident and skilled in connecting with people or speaking in public. Holla me if interested.
My name is Namo and I'm an ambivert. smiley [/quote]
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by m003: 6:44pm On May 23, 2018
GloryIsaac:

I suggest you read "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson

And "Quiet" by Susan Cain. smiley
please do you have links to these books?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:12pm On May 23, 2018
Great evening to my fellow Intros, it is good to be back after some big big time off. Like my yoloba friends will always say "ise aje lo 'so Omo nu bi oko ". Meaning' na hussle stone-throw away man pikin ". it is a treasure been an intelligent introvert, it really is .how can we help our fellow introverts who are so low on self awareness and inferiority to get better ?, some of our guys who are termed intros are hardly intelligent , they hardly can blend with the environment they find them selves ,that can be a very harculean task, lots of us are not also " street credible "ie been able to deal with street demands and flow along in times of struggles .For instance how can we help a full fledge graduate in this nation without a job to be able to create one for him self with little or no supervision?can a unemployed introvert come up with the idea of selling ' kunu/zobo on the street were he/she is well known ?let me hang up here for now ,contributions here .

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 23, 2018
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by timmykaydude: 10:25am On May 24, 2018
Introverts! How do you have fun?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:39am On May 24, 2018
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 24, 2018
iNewton:

Thanks for that Markansion book

m003:

Thanks a lot

You're welcome.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by m003: 10:02pm On May 24, 2018
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2018
nnamdiosu:

Hi. Everything lies in the mind. Our perception I side affects the outside.
Therefore , boldness comes from thinking the tight thoughts in our mind e.g I can do this, I'm going to do it....

2. We should endeavour to control our thought process. They don't like me should change to the like me. Incant do it should change to I can do it. Learn to tell yourself, I'm OK. I'm all right. I can do it. As a ma. Thinketh in his heart so is he.

My name is Namo and I'm an ambivert. smiley
Which one be ambivert again?
But me think those things also work with age sir
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nnamdiosu(m): 4:03pm On May 26, 2018
Rubbiish:

Which one be ambivert again?
But me think those things also work with age sir

Ambivert are rare kind of people that display both introvert and extrovert behaviours depending on the environment or people or mood they are in.
They are both kind of personalities.

What things were you referring to that work with age?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 5:13pm On May 26, 2018
nnamdiosu:

Ambivert are rare kind of people that display both introvert and extrovert behaviours depending on the environment or people or mood they are in.

Inability to communicate with strangers & public speaking generally. As we grow older confidence will come regardless of our temperament...

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nnamdiosu(m): 10:59pm On May 26, 2018
Rubbiish:

Inability to communicate with strangers & public speaking generally. As we grow older confidence will come regardless of our temperament...

That's not always true. Its conscious effort that brings about confidence .
The desire and steps to be confident is what makes one confident.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 1:04pm On May 27, 2018
Any links to books download pls ?like" beenbyour self" ,etc?my intro brothers and sis , I need to recommend them to some persons pls .
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 27, 2018
gidjah:
Any links to books download pls ?like beenbyour self ,etc?my intro brothers and sis , I am need to recommend them to some persons pls

Happy Sunday Sir.

You can look for any book at oceanofpdf dot com
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 2:58pm On May 27, 2018
Great Sunday to you too our only "Glory in the house " i, I appreciate.
GloryIsaac:

Happy Sunday Sir.

You can look for any book at oceanofpdf dot com

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 6:54pm On May 27, 2018
nnamdiosu:

That's not always true. Its conscious effort that brings about confidence .
The desire and steps to be confident is what makes one confident.

We are saying the same thing sir. As u grow older u experience more things which bring about the confidence. My father is a core introvert, but u need to see him give public speech, even the best extrovert wont compete with him. Often times we try to do things above our age, but as we grow older we become more bold & sensible...& those things we find difficult to do becomes cake walk...Have u seen a master's student scared of approaching a girl?? But a secondary school kid will surely feel nervous doing this, not really because of his temperament, but he is trying to do something above his age. I still believe age is a major contributory factor....

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FIDELITY24(m): 7:46pm On May 27, 2018
Rubbiish:

We are saying the same thing sir. As u grow older u experience more things which bring about the confidence. My father is a core introvert, but u need to see him give public speech, even the best extrovert wont compete with him. Often times we try to do things above our age, but as we grow older we become more bold & sensible...& those things we find difficult to do becomes cake walk...Have u seen a master's student scared of approaching a girl?? But a secondary school kid will surely feel nervous doing this, not really because of his temperament, but he is trying to do something above his age. I still believe age is a major contributory factor....
i agree with you on this one bro, growing up I had so many things I was afraid of doing, talking to girls inclusive but as a more mature young man now those things are nothing.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 8:07pm On May 27, 2018
FIDELITY24:
i agree with you on this one bro, growing up I had so many things I was afraid of doing, talking to girls inclusive but as a more mature young man now those things are nothing.
That is just the truth my brother...
Remember when u were young u used to see your parents as semi gods, but today i believe that u now almost see them as peers.
That fear factor is gone, same happens to every aspect of our lives.
I remember my bsc defence, i was even still stuttering, but my msc defence...My confidence was too high to the extent i was questioning all the jurors...Age is very important in all we do...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 11:01pm On May 27, 2018
Guys, I wanna do the unthinkable.

I usually stay at home and thus missed school a lot and now it's exam time. I'm thinking of how to finish pathology and pharmacology syllabus in 22 days.

Does anyone have formula to mash book that fast?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 6:27pm On May 30, 2018
nnamdiosu:

how do you know they are rare?..just say you have not come into contact with them
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 6:36pm On May 30, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Hmmm..a lot of introverts wish to be extroverts and you want to be introverted. Very interesting...
I dont think you can just completely switch bc those traits make up who you are. Although you could probably pick up a habit like learning to be more of a listener vs a talker.
Like some else asked, why do u wish to change?
introverts who wish to be extroverts don't really know who they are and what they have

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Fr33born(m): 11:17pm On May 30, 2018
People say i'm an introvert. Some say i'm shy but i hate to hear that i'm shy. That's BTW.
Please i need a female chat-mate. Just for online chats and nothing else.
We can chat about anything apart from family..and no monosyllabic replies.
Add me please with the no. On my signature
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FIDELITY24(m): 2:06am On May 31, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
introverts who wish to be extroverts don't really know who they are and what they have
pls throw more light on this, I believe we are all here to learn.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 11:12am On May 31, 2018
I attempted suicide

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 11:16am On May 31, 2018
FIDELITY24:
pls throw more light on this, I believe we are all here to learn.
my point is every personality has its weakness and strength..so why will I leave introvertness for extrovertness?...do they think been brash,loud,uncouth is something to be proud off?...yes as an introvert, people may take advantage of you.. But with time and experiences you will overcome that... You nay be shy..so what?...introverts need to learn to maximize their strengths and use it as an advantage.... There is strength is silence!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 31, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
my point is every personality has its weakness and strength..so why will I leave introvertness for extrovertness?...do they think been brash,loud,uncouth is something to be proud off?...yes as an introvert, people may take advantage of you.. But with time and experiences you will overcome that... You nay be shy..so what?...introverts need to learn to maximize their strengths and use it as an advantage.... There is strength is silence!!!

Lets just say the extroverts that you know happen to be loud, crass, and etc. Being an extrovert is not synomous with the traits you described. What I meant earlier in my comment was that extroverts have an ease and confidence when interacting socially. They also seem to be energized being around others. Something that comes harder with alot of introverts. And you dont have to give up one trait for the other but maybe just incorporate some of the others' characteristics.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 5:06pm On May 31, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Lets just say the extroverts that you know happen to be loud, crass, and etc. Being an extrovert is not synomous with the traits you described. What I meant earlier in my comment was that extroverts have an ease and confidence when interacting socially. They also seem to be energized being around others. Something that comes harder with alot of introverts. And you dont have to give up one trait for the other but maybe just incorporate some of the others' characteristics.
some traits are hard to incorporate when you don't leave others...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:09am On Jun 01, 2018
LeiderJa:
I attempted suicide

What?

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (301) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.