Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,432 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (639059 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 01, 2018
LeiderJa:
I attempted suicide

Im sorry, I overlooked your post earlier. Are u ok??
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Im sorry, I overlooked your post earlier. Are u ok??

I'm better now.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
LeiderJa:

I'm better now.

Ok. I looked at some of your past threads, are you getting help?

Can I ask what is going on with you. I would like to help if I can.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Ok. I looked at some of your past threads, are you getting help?

Can I ask what is going on with you. I would like to help if I can.

Nobody really grasps the tenets of an existential crisis. Everybody thinks the cause of the depression was because of school courses or money issues.

I'm gonna get the courses handled and money increased but I feel I may relapse as far as my mind is working and my brain processing stuff.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
LeiderJa:

Nobody really grasps the tenets of an existential crisis. Everybody thinks the cause of the depression was because of school courses or money issues.

I'm gonna get the courses handled and money increased but I feel I may relapse as far as my mind is working and my brain processing stuff.

I think I understand. The courses and money were just triggers bc there is underlying depression.
What I was asking before was do you have access to a professional or doctor who specializes in depression?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
Hi everyone.
I think am an ambivert.
In certain situations and with certain people, I talk and flow very well. But there are times you see me and you won't believe am the one because I would be so quiet. At times, I really don't have anything to say so I just keep quiet. I have accepted myself this way.
The only problem is there are people I feel am suppose to be free with but even talking with them on phone is difficult. Example is my boss and my boyfriend's mum. Please any tips on how to overcome this?? Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 10:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ameerah16:
Hi everyone.
I think am an ambivert.
In certain situations and with certain people, I talk and flow very well. But there are times you see me and you won't believe am the one because I would be so quiet. At times, I really don't have anything to say so I just keep quiet. I have accepted myself this way.
The only problem is there are people I feel am suppose to be free with but even talking with them on phone is difficult. Example is my boss and my boyfriend's mum. Please any tips on how to overcome this?? Thanks.

Hello there,

As an introvert, I can perfectly relate to what you're saying. There are some people I relate with better than others. Even among my colleagues, some will tell you I'm a chatterbox, others will tell you I'm the most quiet and gentle person they've ever met.

Even my mum, there was a time I couldn't relate with her. I said nothing to her other than "yes" or "OK" in response to her. That was because the fear of her replaced the love and respect one should have for a parent.

Although things have changed now, I've come to understand that been comfortable plays a very important role in how we communicate with others.

There are several factors that can lead to this discomfort e.g. fear, lack of compatibility or unifying factor. Do you fear your boss or your boyfriend's mum? Or you're just not on same page with them regarding certain issues?

The best way to bond will be finding common interests. Discuss over topics you're both interested in. Engage in activities that they like and you'll never run out of things to say!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:56am On Jun 02, 2018
Xzbit91:

Hello there,

As an introvert, I can perfectly relate to what you're saying. There are some people I relate with better than others. Even among my colleagues, some will tell you I'm a chatterbox, others will tell you I'm the most quiet and gentle person they've ever met.

Even my mum, there was a time I couldn't relate with her. I said nothing to her other than "yes" or "OK" in response to her. That was because the fear of her replaced the love and respect one should have for a parent.

Although things have changed now, I've come to understand that been comfortable plays a very important role in how we communicate with others.

There are several factors that can lead to this discomfort e.g. fear, lack of compatibility or unifying factor. Do you fear your boss or your boyfriend's mum? Or you're just not on same page with them regarding certain issues?

The best way to bond will be finding common interests. Discuss over topics you're both interested in. Engage in activities that they like and you'll never run out of things to say!

Thanks so much for this!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 5:04am On Jun 02, 2018
hiawathia1981:

I think I understand. The courses and money were just triggers bc there is underlying depression.
What I was asking before was do you have access to a professional or doctor who specializes in depression?

A psychiatrist. He doesn't even know what an existential crisis is.

I met him when I was admitted in hospital and he reports straight to family.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2018
Ameerah16:

Thanks so much for this!

You're welcome smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
LeiderJa:

I am really sorry for what you are going through. I do believe that you need to be under the care of a doctor.
Please go back to him or find someone else. Surely there is a doctor qualified to treat you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
LeiderJa:

Would you like me to create a thread for you to see if we can find someone that has knowledge on existential crisis? 2 million users, someone should know someone or something about it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
gidjah:
Great Sunday to you too our only "Glory in the house " i, I appreciate.

Good day Sir, did you find the book there?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Good day Sir, did you find the book there?
honestly ,I have been so busy this days.imagine I haven't eaten anything since morning! It just occurred to me now see,but I promise to do d needful by tomorrow or next, thanks so much
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2018
gidjah:
honestly ,I have been so busy this days.imagine I haven't eaten anything since morning! It just occurred to me now see,but I promise to do d needful by tomorrow or next, thanks so much

The price we pay to attain the peak of greatness...

You're welcome.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rawblings(m): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2018
I have been living this introvert life all my life.. I hardly make new friends and when I do and stick to them(loyal).. My room is my comfort zone..
Talking to people I havent met before is one of the most difficult things for me.
Last Last, I have told my friends that if i want to marry, " Its one of them oo"..lol
The life is quite fun and boring

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ambitionsway: 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Rawblings:
I have been living this introvert life all my life.. I hardly make new friends and when I do and stick to them(loyal).. My room is my comfort zone..
Talking to people I havent met before is one of the most difficult things for me.
Last Last, I have told my friends that if i want to marry, " Its one of them oo"..lol
The life is quite fun and boring

Honestly isn't a boring life is the best. I hardly make friends and when I do I keep them close. I hardly associate with people I don't like crowd I have very few friends still I'm the indoor type. My friends complain that I do stay indoor most times but I'm comfortable with it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by hemartins(m): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
Someone once told me that I would die a lonely man. It was really strange to me because I don't feel lonely when I'm alone. I have been misunderstood for being a snub.
Presently, my major challenge is getting into a relationship. I probably won't call you too often (I send text a lot).
Some people compliment my life style and some say it's not the best for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by cokacoola(m): 7:34am On Jun 12, 2018
Is I have found my kinds

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AJVC(f): 10:01am On Jun 12, 2018
Please i have a question here!

Can being an introvert by anyway affect ones marital status/life? i mean can it delay a guy or lady from getting married?

Please I need an answer oo.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AJVC(f): 10:02am On Jun 12, 2018

Can being an 'introvert' by anyway affect ones marital status/life? i mean can it delay a guy or lady from getting married?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ambitionsway: 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
AJVC:

Can being an 'introvert' by anyway affect ones marital status/life? i mean can it delay a guy or lady from getting married?

It doesn't because you have to be in a relationship with someone who is compatible with you been an introvert. Some introvert can't date extrovert but some could do it.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Addict000(m): 4:59am On Jun 13, 2018
This are my people o. Me I prefer staying indoors, watching movies or reading books......

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 6:00am On Jun 13, 2018
AJVC:

Your first question, "Can being an 'introvert' by anyway affect ones marital status/life?"

In a way yes. Introversion or extroversion is the fundamental block upon which human personalities is built. It affect how we perceive, process and respond to information/stimuli. So it can affect marital life (don't know about status tho).

Your second question, "i mean can it delay a guy or lady from getting married?"

I don't think so. It makes sense in a way given the introvert lifestyle involves seclusion. We don't easily make friends because social interaction is a physical as well as emotional drain. And we tend to dread those activities that would traditionally put us in the spotlight or meet new people.

Introverts put up high walls around themselves and scrutinize every relationship so much that it's difficult to make friends not to mention of romantic partners. So it would make sense, but overall I don't think it does.

When you meet the right person who understands you, it wouldn't matter. Being an introvert has never stopped anyone from achieving anything in life. If you've met that special someone, don't let it be an excuse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Littlejay(m): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2018
A 16 yr old introvert in the room I guess am the youngest in nairaland

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by infj: 11:52am On Jun 14, 2018
Welcome
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iceboy4752(m): 11:16am On Jun 15, 2018
Ameerah16:
Hi everyone.
I think am an ambivert.
Yes dear, I understand too. Sometimes you may not even feel 100% free with those you frequently associate with. Your confidence comes like Nigerian electricity. You will feel vey confident, but few minutes later, everything will just disappear and vice-versa.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iceboy4752(m): 11:25am On Jun 15, 2018
Fellow introverts, I have a question. There is this lady in my class that is having a crush on me. Although, she expressed her feelings for me indirectly through a friend. When we are in the class, I notice that she stares at me a lot, and always tries to crack-up a conversation with me, even though what she's saying may not be meaningful. I must confess that I kinda like her, but I'm afraid of telling her and feel so shy when am with her. I have her number but my heart beats faster than Usain Bolt when I try calling her.
I see you all as my brothers and sisters irrespective of our differences, so please help a brother.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
iceboy4752:
Fellow introverts, I have a question. There is this lady in my class that is having a crush on me. Although, she expressed her feelings for me indirectly through a friend. When we are in the class, I notice that she stares at me a lot, and always tries to crack-up a conversation with me, even though what she's saying may not be meaningful. I must confess that I kinda like her, but I'm afraid of telling her and feel so shy when am with her. I have her number but my heart beats faster than Usain Bolt when I try calling her.
I see you all as my brothers and sisters irrespective of our differences, so please help a brother.

Check this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2893475/dating-drills-guys-only/193

Cc Harddon

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by younowell: 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hmmm... Something else brought me to family section and I stumbled on this thread.Ever since I have stuck reading from page 1-161. It is so amazing seeing yourself from other people's ways of live and this only make wonder about these wonderful God creature called introvert.I'll like to appreciate the brain behind this thread and those who have contributed so far in order to impact knowledge.

Now let me first relate with other people description of themselves on this thread;
- Do I imagine figures in scales of 0-09,10-19 etc Answer-Yes.
- Do I love doing things on my own.Answer-Yes.
-Do I like keeping to myself.Answer-Yes.
-Can I stay indoors for months.Answer-Yes.
-Do I like noise.Answer-No; Can't even tolerate sound of a generator.
-Do I like snooping on people behind my window curtain.Answer-Yes.
etc. I can tell there are so many people like me on this thread and I feel belong.

Due to my seclude nature. I could remember in my teenage years,i do see things that will happen to me in some few years and this can be either bad or good things.Even as an adult sometimes I still see things that if I should share some people wouldn't just believe because they may consider it a mere speculation.

For example,i woke up sometime January 2011 and I was feeling gloomy and sad to the extent that I almost started shedding tears; reason was that I saw Whitney Houston death in my dream and I woke up being sad.So the following years February 2012 when she was pronounced dead I was not moved.This same with my mum,i just went in trance then seeing her Leaving us to great beyond and the following year too she was no more!Her own case was due to old age though.Sometimes I usually have witness within me of either good or bad things that are about to happen and especially to family or close friends.

I am just like a book that you can't get to judge by it cover.I can be so funny and boring to people sometimes but by and large I can risk my life for whosoever that is dear to me. Let me stop for now.

Note:I am neither Pastor,Prophet or Alfa. I am just a good Christian.

11 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bahddo(m): 12:48am On Jun 16, 2018
younowell:
Hmmm... Something else brought me to family section and I stumbled on this thread.Ever since I have stuck reading from page 1-161. It is so amazing seeing yourself from other people's ways of live and this only make wonder about these wonderful God creature called introvert.I'll like to appreciate the brain behind this thread and those who have contributed so far in order to impact knowledge.

Now let me first relate with other people description of themselves on this thread;
- Do I imagine figures in scales of 0-09,10-19 etc Answer-Yes.
- Do I love doing things on my own.Answer-Yes.
-Do I like keeping to myself.Answer-Yes.
-Can I stay indoors for months.Answer-Yes.
-Do I like noise.Answer-No; Can't even tolerate sound of a generator.
-Do I like snooping on people behind my window curtain.Answer-Yes.
etc. I can tell there are so many people like me on this thread and I feel belong.

Due to my seclude nature. I could remember in my teenage years,i do see things that will happen to me in some few years and this can be either bad or good things.Even as an adult sometimes I still see things that if I should share some people wouldn't just believe because they may consider it a mere speculation.

For example,i woke up sometime January 2011 and I was feeling gloomy and sad to the extent that I almost started shedding tears; reason was that I saw Whitney Houston death in my dream and I woke up being sad.So the following years February 2012 when she was pronounced dead I was not moved.This same with my mum,i just went in trance then seeing her Leaving us to great beyond and the following year too she was no more!Her own case was due to old age though.Sometimes I usually have witness within me of either good or bad things that are about to happen and especially to family or close friends.

I am just like a book that you can't get to judge by it cover.I can be so funny and boring to people sometimes but by and large I can risk my life for whosoever that is dear to me. Let me stop for now.

Note:I am neither Pastor,Prophet or Alfa. I am just a good Christian.

nice... Please who would win the 2018 world cup? smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iceboy4752(m): 6:05am On Jun 16, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: Ibime(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.