Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636369 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 11, 2018
To my introverted friends, do you think that being shy and being introverted are the same thing? Also any good tips on networking? I dont have much of a problem here, well not now since im making friends. But I am in a situation at work where I am in a ideal environment to align myself with good contacts for future opportunities. But bc of my nature, im just letting the opportunity pass along.

Update:maybe this should be its own topic.
Mods, move to separate topic if necessary please

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treasure17(m): 3:36pm On May 12, 2018
Being an introvert is really tough. From feeling uncomfortable in the midst of strangers and about people's preconceived opinion in a negative form towards you. It also takes time for me to click with people especially strangers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 12, 2018
Treasure17:
Being an introvert is really tough. From feeling uncomfortable in the midst of strangers and about people's preconceived opinion in a negative form towards you.

I agree
Im hoping that those of us have found ways to overcome some of the negative aspects of being an introvert will share tips to those of us who are struggling.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treasure17(m): 3:58pm On May 12, 2018
hiawathia1981:

I agree
Im hoping that those of us have found ways to overcome some of the negative aspects of being an introvert will share tips to those of us who are struggling.

To overcome this introvert of a thing is an herculean task. Here is the thing, for me I see it as human personalities in that all of us have been born with generically inherited behavioural tendencies that are as much a part of our DNA. Is not a weakness for me cause the behavioral dispositions is a two way thing. You either belongs to extrovert group or introverted personalities. People that understands me are okay with my turn out and I know not every body will appreciate me just the way I am.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 12, 2018
Treasure17:

To overcome this introvert of a thing is an herculean task. Here is the thing, for me I see it as human personalities in that all of us have been born with generically inherited behavioural tendencies that are as much a part of our DNA. Is not a weakness for me cause the behavioral dispositions is a two way thing. You either belongs to extrovert group or introverted personalities. People that understands me are okay with my turn out and I know not every body will appreciate me just the way I am.

I dont think that being an introvert is a weakness. Im fine with how I am. But in some areas of my life specifically professionally, it can be a hindarance at times. Im sure im not the only one.just looking for practical tips to help myself and others as well.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treasure17(m): 4:38pm On May 12, 2018
hiawathia1981:

I dont think that being an introvert is a weakness. Im fine with how I am. But in some areas of my life specifically professionally, it can be a hindarance at times. Im sure im not the only one.just looking for practical tips to help myself and others as well.
I totally agree with you. It takes gradual process to overcome and I hope someone here can do justice to that.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 12, 2018
hiawathia1981:
To my introverted friends, do you think that being shy and being introverted are the same thing? Also any good tips on networking? I dont have much of a problem here, well not now since im making friends. But I am in a situation at work where I am in a ideal environment to align myself with good contacts for future opportunities. But bc of my nature, im just letting the opportunity pass along.

Update:maybe this should be its own topic.
Mods, move to separate topic if necessary please

Being shy and being introverted are not the same thing, this question has been asked countless number of times with the most recent one being two or three pages back.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 12, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Being shy and being introverted are not the same thing, this question has been asked countless number of times with the most recent one being two or three pages back.

Oh, I found it. Sorry.
What about the answer to my second question

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 12, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Oh, I found it. Sorry.
What about the answer to my second question

I just typed it now and everything suddenly disappeared angry.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 12, 2018
@hiawathia1981

On your second question.

It's best you come out of your shell. I'm currently on Dr Corvey's 7 Habits book so it's very possible that I might have another perspective or answer to your question when I'm done, but for now, I suggest you come out of your shell and interact with your colleagues. Communication skill is a very crucial tool in the timeline of any career-oriented person accompanied by the Listening skill. Even I cannot rate myself highly in the communication aspect but I'm quite sure that I'm better than I was before when I began forcing myself to interact with people. You'll do well to read Dale Carnegie's"How to win friends and influence people", there's a lot to learn for we intros.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 12, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Do u mind retyping again, please. It may be very helpful to me and others
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 12, 2018
GloryIsaac:

It appears your typing was faster than my connection speed. I see it now. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 12, 2018
Treasure17:
Being an introvert is really tough. From feeling uncomfortable in the midst of strangers and about people's preconceived opinion in a negative form towards you. It also takes time for me to click with people especially strangers.

I suggest you read "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson

And "Quiet" by Susan Cain. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 12, 2018
hiawathia1981:

It appears your typing was faster than my connection speed. I see it now. Thanks

Do you use Glo? grin

You're welcome, Sir.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 12, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Do you use Glo? grin

You're welcome, Sir.

Im not male, but thanks.
I dont know what Glo is

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 12, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Im not male, but thanks.
I dont know what Glo is

Oh.. My mistake

Are you Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treasure17(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2018
GloryIsaac:

I suggest you read "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson
And "Quiet" by Susan Cain. smiley
Alright. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 12, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Oh.. My mistake

Are you Nigerian?
No

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Antidotecasmir(m): 7:56am On May 13, 2018
One of the coolest benefits of being an introvert which i myself have always experienced is, being able to tell someone's intention or their possible next moves just by watching their moods, body language, voice tone and some other hidden signs....My observations most times turn out to be correct, does any one here share similar experience ??

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 13, 2018
Antidotecasmir:
One of the coolest benefits of being an introvert which i myself have always experienced is, being able to tell someone's intention or their possible next moves just by watching their moods, body language, voice tone and some other hidden signs....My observations most times turn out to be correct, does any one here share similar experience ??

I have usually been good at reading people also. A little trickier online but it still works by noticing the smaller details
I hadnt made that correlation before until now. It makes sense when you are usually on the sideline taking everything in around you. My problem with being able to do this is that im constantly overanalyzing everthing.
Nice post

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 13, 2018
hiawathia1981:

No

Wjy do you ask?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Antidotecasmir(m): 2:02am On May 15, 2018
hiawathia1981:

I have usually been good at reading people also. A little trickier online but it still works by noticing the smaller details
I hadnt made that correlation before until now. It makes sense when you are usually on the sideline taking everything in around you. My problem with being able to do this is that im constantly overanalyzing everthing.
Nice post
thank you, it's great to know that someone out there can relate with what I'm saying - i also analyse things in my mind just like you. i am always curious to know the "why" behind every thing or character i come across.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:21am On May 15, 2018
GloryIsaac:
@hiawathia1981

On your second question.

It's best you come out of your shell. I'm currently on Dr Corvey's 7 Habits book so it's very possible that I might have another perspective or answer to your question when I'm done, but for now, I suggest you come out of your shell and interact with your colleagues. Communication skill is a very crucial tool in the timeline of any career-oriented person accompanied by the Listening skill. Even I cannot rate myself highly in the communication aspect but I'm quite sure that I'm better than I was before when I began forcing myself to interact with people. You'll do well to read Dale Carnegie's"How to win friends and influence people", there's a lot to learn for we intros.

Thanks by the way for your insight.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 15, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Thanks by the way for your insight.

You're Welcome.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sunexy(m): 9:59am On May 16, 2018
I am an extrovert trying to become an introvert. Hope I am welcomed here?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Youngetskilz23(m): 7:43pm On May 16, 2018
Treasure17:
same here. Asin sometimes am so scared when alot of strange people are around me. cry

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 6:46am On May 17, 2018
Really, why?
Sunexy:
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 17, 2018
Sunexy:

Hmmm..a lot of introverts wish to be extroverts and you want to be introverted. Very interesting...
I dont think you can just completely switch bc those traits make up who you are. Although you could probably pick up a habit like learning to be more of a listener vs a talker.
Like some else asked, why do u wish to change?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sunexy(m): 4:15pm On May 17, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Hmmm..a lot of introverts wish to be extroverts and you want to be introverted. Very interesting...
I dont think you can just completely switch bc those traits make up who you are. Although you could probably pick up a habit like learning to be more of a listener vs a talker.
Like some else asked, why do u wish to change?
My extrovertism has made me too sarcastic and sometimes people around me can't handle it

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by adamsbadoo(m): 6:00pm On May 17, 2018
Have always thought am an introvert, but i later discovered am a shy extrovert due to the fact that i like relating with people...i like making friends and staying around people but due to my shy nature it isn't easy..
am a talkative whenever am around people i knw very well.....
i jst wish am a full extrovert.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 17, 2018
Sunexy:

My extrovertism has made me too sarcastic and sometimes people around me can't handle it

Oh Im sorry. Just so you know some introverts have the same problem. You should try to be more of a listener vs a talker. Not everything requires a remark or comment. And secondly, think about what you are saying before u say it. If it seems like it will be offensive, it most likely is, and don't say it.
Hope that helps.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.