Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638212 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
Dottune:
I'm New Here:

I'm really introverted, but I talk much amongst my friends.

I usually find it hard to talk with the girls I meet and most times some of the girlfriends I have dated, I've broken up with me because of that.
You're not alone. Typical attitude of an introvert @bolded. There is absolutely noting wrong being an introvert because thats the personality God bestowed on you. I know you're very friendly and jovial but people who meet with you at first may think otherwise but later when they get to know they will be like wow, so you they form since. We love to interact with people and make meaniful contributions, but we get tongue tied.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
Lol, i can imagine how your heart will be beating. A lecture i later took was okay because i made sure i was prepared. Hope you've improved on your speech delivery mechanism? If yes, you can share with us. Practice makes perfect they say and its true.

Yes I have improved...I got involved in a lot of activities involving public speaking during my service year but like you rightly pointed, frequent practice does the deal hence I'm like disco light when it comes to public speaking. I did a lot of it in secondary school and then in university and then youth service but there were intervals among these periods during which it would be like going back to square one. Funny thing is people always believe I can do it well that's why they keep appointing me to get the job done but the ish is I don't always believe I can do it. So the best I can do is see myself the way people see me in that regard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
*pulls down hoodie and removes ear piece *

*adjusts glasses and looks around blankly *

Hello....

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by link2jude(m): 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
My greatest challenge being an introvert is that people misunderstood my nature and most times, they want to take me for granted.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
eipreel:

Yes I have improved...I got involved in a lot of activities involving public speaking during my service year but like you rightly pointed, frequent practice does the deal hence I'm like disco light when it comes to public speaking. I did a lot of it in secondary school and then in university and then youth service but there were intervals among these periods during which it would be like going back to square one. Funny thing is people always believe I can do it well that's why they keep appointing me to get the job done but the ish is I don't always believe I can do it. So the best I can do is see myself the way people see me in that regard.
Thanks sharing. Introverts don't take up leadership positions (e.g if you'll like to be the Financial secretary raise your hand or come and pick up the form) because they are not sure whether they are up to the task, but when appointed, they put their all into it and eventually succeed. Life is interesting being an introvert.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
Thanks sharing. Introverts don't take up leadership positions (e.g if you'll like to be the Financial secretary raise your hand or come and pick up the form) because they are not sure whether they are up to the task, but when appointed, they put their all into it and eventually succeed. Life is interesting being an introvert.

So true...I have no regrets being an introvert

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
link2jude:
My greatest challenge being an introvert is that people misunderstood my nature and most times, they want to take me for granted.
I experience this a lot. They will think you're a small boy or weak and not manly enough so tend to manipulate you and violate your right and privacy. If only they can have an insight of what you're thinking at that point in time, they would have pick slippers and run.. In situations like this, its advisable not to act or say anything as you will vandalise your precious reputation.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Hello....
Drags him into the lounge and collect earpiece. What music are you listening to self?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by link2jude(m): 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
I experience this a lot. They will think you're a small or weak and not manly enough so the can manipulate you and violate your right and privacy. If only they can have an insight about you will be thinking at that point in time. In situations like this, its advisable not to act or say anything as you will vandalise your precious reputation.

Exactly
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
Drags him into the lounge and collect earpiece. What music are you listening to self?

*blank stare *

Good evening to you too........Cellophane by Sia..

Can I have my earpiece back? undecided
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by arcnomec(m): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
I think I'm at home here.......The world is so boring with so much noise makers out there....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
link2jude:
Olarewajub:
I experience this a lot. They will think you're a small boy or weak and not manly enough so tend to manipulate you and violate your right and privacy. If only they can have an insight of what you're thinking at that point in time, they would have pick slippers and run.. In situations like this, its advisable not to act or say anything as you will vandalise your precious reputation.
Yes this is the most annoying part I hate angry
JeffreyJamez:
Hello....
Hi Jeff smiley welcome...you an introvert too? I know introverts love using earphones too...that "alone with my thoughts and music" thingy cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

*blank stare *

Good evening to you too........Cellophane by Sia..

Can I have my earpiece back? undecided
Sure, gives him back his earpiece. @bolded, can you maintain a eye contact with someone in real life?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
eipreel:

Hi Jeff smiley welcome...you an introvert too? I know introverts love using earphones too...that "alone with my thoughts and music" thingy cheesy

Hello April... wink..you're damn right..... shuts the world out!...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
Sure, gives him back his earpiece. @bolded, can you maintain a eye contact with someone in real life?

Yes I can....... but it'll increase my heartbeat.... lol

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by angieberry(f): 9:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
I feel the peace already smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
eipreel:

and day dreaming along.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
and day dreaming along.

Hahaha indeed!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
arcnomec:
I think I'm at home here.......The world is so boring with so much noise makers out there....

you know it!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
*walks in quietly* . *whispers * . Hi, guys and ladies in the building.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
angieberry:
I feel the peace already smiley

Welcome.......Angie smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
SocialRecluse:
grin
Here she comes...was gon mention you sis wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Drkul(f): 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
grin fellow introvert. Am more of an introvert when am with strangers, but once with close friends or people am comfortable with, you won't believe am same girl.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
iamayodeji:
*walks in quietly*
*whispers *
Hi, guys and ladies in the building.

Louder!!! cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by arcnomec(m): 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
I could remember my school days,I was begged to pick form for the post of Secretary general of national association of student architects....NASA...my reason was that I wasn't this social type of individual. My department has to mandate students not to pick form for the post. I was forced to accept the post,at the I was told i'm the best sec general the dept has ever produced.....Wonderful trait of been an introvert

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
arcnomec:
Sometimes i wish everyone could just keep shut and play their music to themselves without making any iota of noise. But we introvert also have our own way of making noise especially those of us with big voice who crack jokes in the midst of close associate.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Yes I can....... but it'll increase my heartbeat.... lol
This is serious o. Eye contact now equals to hypertension.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
iamayodeji:
*walks in quietly*
*whispers *
Hi, guys and ladies in the building.

Stop whispering angry you home smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
Drkul:
grin fellow introvert. Am more of an introvert when am with strangers, but once with close friends or people am comfortable with, you won't believe am same girl.

Hehehe same here.......but I can count the number of "friends " I have with my fingers and still have left to steal meat! cheesy

This pics sums it all up lol

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Louder!!! cheesy

Hello everyone, am an introvert .I just found about this lounge from the front page. I hope you are cool.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
This is serious o. Eye contact now equals to hypertension.

Hahaha not really tho.... I have a gift of masking my feelings..... I might be scared shiitless on the inside but aside I will look calm and in control!... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.