Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638128 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
iamayodeji:

Hello everyone, am an introvert .I just found about this lounge from the front page. I hope you are cool.

Ouch!!... that was loud!! *scratches ear*

Apparently we arrived from the same busstop lol.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
iamayodeji:
*walks in quietly*
*whispers *
Hi, guys and ladies in the building.
Welcome on board. Mind sharing any experience or challenges being an introvert.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
eipreel:

Stop whispering angry you home smiley

sadI get like that most times when i am in a place for the first time. Pardon me smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hey guys, whats your experience maintaining eye contact? You guys can share experience and challenges being an introvert to help us know ourselves better.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
Drkul:
grin fellow introvert. Am more of an introvert when am with strangers, but once with close friends or people am comfortable with, you won't believe am same girl.
We kinda have this two way personality and thats why people believe we're pretenders.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
Welcome on board. Mind sharing any experience or challenges being an introvert.

Okay lets start from here,,I keep to myself all the time. However, once in a blue-moon, i usually open up to certain people. The thing is if i see any slight trace of unfaithfulness or betrayal in such person, i automatically withdraw back into my shell and then i dont come out for a veryyyyyy long time.

People find this very annoying and hard to understand about me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by angieberry(f): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
Thank you, fellow wallflower smiley
JeffreyJamez:

Welcome.......Angie smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dottune(m): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
You're not alone. Typical attitude of an introvert @bolded. There is absolutely noting wrong being an introvert because thats the personality God bestowed on you. I know you're very friendly and jovial but people who meet with you at first may think otherwise but later when they get to know they will be like wow, so you they form since. We love to interact with people and make meaniful contributions, but we get tongue tied.
At bolded exactly! that's the word, sometimes I look at people when they talk and it's like I don't understand what they are staying, while in my head I have the perfect reply.
I talk with people better online though

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Ouch!!... that was loud!! *scratches ear*

Apparently we arrived from the same busstop lol.

You are right, its nice meeting you JeffreyJamez.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
I'm I the only one who piles up anger and frustration for months and unleashes it in the Most violent way possible on the unfortunate victim to pull the last straw?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
Eye contacts shocked hell no!!!the thing gave me wahala in my initial interviews o...that's why I still prefer speaking to a crowd. You won't have to maintain eye contact with anyone
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
iamayodeji:

You are right, its nice meeting you JeffreyJamez.

And you too Deji.... I can call you Deji right?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
eipreel:

Here she comes...was gon mention you sis wink
Oh, hi! smiley

So I found myself here and I'm just observing, as always.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
eipreel:
Eye contacts shocked hell no!!!the thing gave me wahala in my initial interviews o...that's why I still prefer speaking to a crowd. You won't have to maintain eye contact with anyone

Hahaha ....I only maintain eye contact when I am furious on the inside but trying to remain calm outside

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
I'm I the only one who piles up anger and frustration for months and unleashes it in the Most violent way possible on the unfortunate victim to pull the last straw?
Lol...no you are not

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
Hey guys, whats your experience maintaining eye contact? You guys can share experience and challenges being an introvert to help us know ourselves better.

Maintaining eye contact is really a big deal for some introverts like me. It was worse when i was younger but i think i have improved a little. I can have conversations with people by maintaining eye contact stable for a few seconds and then i take my eye off. After a few seconds, i might gather up momentum to look up again. But sincerely, its not easy.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
angieberry:
Thank you, fellow wallflower smiley

Wall flower?.... lol......interesting.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by davide470(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hi Eipreel, Hi SocialRecluse..

embarassed

wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
SocialRecluse:
Oh, hi! smiley
Yinmu
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
eipreel:

Lol...no you are not

The anger controls me at that moment..... it has happened once the year already!... it wasn't funny o!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

And you too Deji.... I can call you Deji right?

Yea, call me deji.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
iamayodeji:

Yea, call me deji.

Cool.... *fist bump*
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Goodnuel: 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
davide470:

embarassed

wink

Hello David
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you belong here smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
SocialRecluse:

Oh, hi! smiley

Bia!don't just coman observing here again o undecided
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
Am currently reading a book by Susan Cain titled Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a world that cant stop talking . I recommend it for you guys, its like somebody speaking through your mind, its awesome.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
SocialRecluse:
Hello David
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you belong here smiley
You neither
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
davide470:

embarassed

wink

Errrr...hi David *scratches head* lipsrsealed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
iamayodeji:
Am currently reading a book by Susan Cain titled Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a world that cant stop talking . I recommend it for you guys, its like somebody speaking through your mind, its awesome.

Oooooooooh!...can I have the pdf file pleaaaaaassseee!!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Classicman47(m): 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
chigo93:
I observed too that introverts have an emotional bond to music;myself as a casestudy.

They are ARTISTICALLY inclined. They love the arts. Music being one of them.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

The anger controls me at that moment..... it has happened once the year already!... it wasn't funny o!
I can imagine grin accumulated aggression
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
eipreel:

Bia!don't just coman observing here again o undecided
Lol
Yes ma'am! I will try my best to not just observe

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.