Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638410 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
sheniqua:

For the introverts,what are thoughts on dating,marriage and meeting the right person

How do you intend to meet them?
Does the thought scare yoU?
so many thoughts. But I believe it will just happen. No, the thought doesn't scare me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Francistony : This is the place to be.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
Djtm:
so many thoughts. But I believe it will just happen. No, the thought doesn't scare me.
Guess it's just going to happen somehow (maybe enigmatically).
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
Olarewajub: Francistony : This is the place to be.

LOL! Who told you I am an introvert. gringrin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheniqua: 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
Djtm:

I met a couple this past weekend, first time I saw the hubby ,I had met the wife some other times,the man is very quiet and shy but the wife is a chatterbox that could talk up a storm,gesticulating with her hands ,very bubbly personality.
But in the company of her husband,she is a little subdued
You may end up with a talkative wife grin
They say opposites attract
Someone has to make some noise in that house
She pulls you a little out of your shell and you help pull her into toning it down some.
Good combination

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
FrancisTony:

LOL! Who told you I am an introvert. gringrin
Your diary is really cool. Keep it up bro.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by herald9: 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by herald9: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
100% introvert... extremely shy!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mstik(f): 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
truu
sheniqua:

I met a couple this past weekend, first time I saw the hubby ,I had met the wife some other times,the man is very quiet and shy but the wife is a chatterbox that could talk up a storm,gesticulating with her hands ,very bubbly personality.
But in the company of her husband,she is a little subdued
You may end up with a talkative wife grin
They say opposites attract
Someone has to make some noise in that house
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheniqua: 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
herald9: 100% introvert... extremely shy!

Who is the shy one amongst your parents if any?,mom or dad ?
Do you have other siblings?
Are they equally shy or outgoing?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
herald9: 100% introvert... extremely shy!
How comfortable are you being unable to socialize with people?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
@ sisiafrika , are you an introvert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
Olarewajub: Your diary is really cool. Keep it up bro.

Oh! Okay. Thanks.

As an introvert, meeting new people is really hard for me i.e I shivers, stammer and feel like fainting while at it. grin

Well, being with them like few days brings out the extrovert nature of me. I can be extremely talkative and nuisance.

Also, as an introvert, I am scared to shake hand with strangers and even some extrovert peeps I know.

Well, when I was in S.S1, a girl who later became our headgirl met me and was like "how are you"? Mhen, I wanted to die while replying her. Same thing applies while talking with girls I meet at first time.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by herald9: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
Olarewajub: How comfortable are you being unable to socialize with people?
quite comfortable...

Instead of chatting away my precious time...i rather curl up in one corner of ma bed with a novel...

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheniqua: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
FrancisTony:

Oh! Okay. Thanks.

As an introvert, meeting new people is really hard for me i.e I shivers, stammer and feel like fainting while at it. grin

Well, being with them like few days brings out the extrovert nature of me. I can be extremely talkative and nuisance.

Also, as an introvert, I am scared to shake hand with strangers and even some extrovert peeps I know.

Well, when I was in S.S1, a girl who later became our headgirl met me and was like "how are you"? Mhen, I wanted to die while replying her. Same thing applies while talking with girls I meet at first time.

Wow

Maybe you should practice before a mirror on how to greet people
Actors do that
Practice and see your facial expressions,that may help build confidence
Then when you meet people attempt to be the first to say "hello,how are you",that will give you some control

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sisiafrika(f): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Olarewajub: @ sisiafrika , are you an introvert?
I choose not to be labeled. I'm me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
FrancisTony:

Oh! Okay. Thanks.

How about you speaking publicly and do you feel comfortable attending social events?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
sheniqua:

Wow

Maybe you should practice before a mirror on how to greet people
Actors do that
Practice and see your facial expressions,that may help

Well, it happens at first sight especially with girls and bold guys.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FKBZ: 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Am a confirmed introvert,no friends,can't start a conversation not to talk for keeping it.
I hate arguments with a passion and I hardly get angry cos I have better things to he thinking abt.
If anyone vexs me and ask me wat they did I would say I forgot even when I was with my former gf I had to write down wat she did wrongly so I could remember for future reference
When am with someone I prefer if the person is a talkative so I would have liitle to say and I would just be nodding or far away in my thot's.
I really love to have a friend but meeting one is hard of me.
I doubt if their is anyone who truly knows me even a little.
Sometimes I think how would I get my briadal train when the time comes.
I hate fake people and I easily detect lies.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheniqua: 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
sisiafrika: I choose not to be labeled. I'm me.

The answer is yes,it is just a description

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
Olarewajub: How about you speaking publicly and do you feel comfortable attending social events?

Public speaking- No

Attending social event- No
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
sisiafrika: I choose not to be labeled. I'm me.
You better confess o. Are you the shy type?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheniqua: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
FrancisTony:

Public speaking- No

You need to step out from your cocoon slowly
How about job
Or schooling
You have to deal with the public
How can you get ahead in your career without speaking publicly
Determine to step out
I don't expect you to turn to an extrovert but you should slowly begin to socialize
You'll find out that it's not that hard

Are there any introverts that overcame some challenges and are now sociable,maybe you should give tips on how you did it

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by herald9: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
FrancisTony:

Oh! Okay. Thanks.

grin

Got a handful of gurlz asking me for a date...
But oboy... can't bring myself to meet em face to face...
I always fear i'll stutter while tryna pickup conversations grin

70% of the gurlz have dated actually came to me or showed signs...
The rest am still wondering how i got the nerves to approach...

Its not funny at all grin

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sisiafrika(f): 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Olarewajub: You better confess o. Are you the shy type?
I slap lecturers, so I doubt I'm shy.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sisiafrika(f): 9:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
FrancisTony:

Public speaking- No

u followed me here again?? U wan die sha
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sisiafrika(f): 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
sheniqua:

The answer is yes,it is just a description
I scream infront of the class and make everybody shiver!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by herald9: 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
sheniqua:

Who is the shy one amongst your parents if any?,mom or dad ?
Do you have other siblings?
Are they equally shy or outgoing?
My dad ain't shy...
My siblings can chatter 24/7 non-stop

Don't know bout mom....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by herald9: 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
sisiafrika: I scream infront of the class and make everybody shiver!
undecided
Someone plx help chase her out

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheniqua: 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
herald9:
My dad ain't shy...
My siblings can chatter 24/7 non-stop

Don't know bout mom....

I have a young son that is tending towards being an introvert
Whenever we go out on a function,he can't wait to be back home to his video games
He hates going out
He is miserable when we are out and sometimes would cry because he wants to be home even when everyone is having fun
He forces himself to hang with other kids at event but 30 minutes later,he retreats to find me and tell me he wants to go home
It bothers me sometimes
I am hoping he will outgrow it
The only time he is excited to be out is if I am going to get him some new video game and itune cards and he can't wait to get to the store

At school and after school he has some few bossom friends and sticks with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
sheniqua:

You need to step out from your cocoon slowly
How about job
Or schooling
You have to deal with the public
How can you get ahead in your career without speaking publicly
Determine to step out
I don't expect you to turn to an extrovert but you should slowly begin to socialize
You'll find out that it's not that hard

Are there any introverts that overcame some challenges and are now sociable,maybe you should give tips on how you did it

Actually, I am not yet in school. Just an aspirant. Maybe, that's why I am still an Introvert.

I have spoken publicly before in Church and School. Not rare.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
herald9:
grin

Got a handful of gurlz asking me for a date...
But oboy... can't bring myself to meet em face to face...
I always fear i'll stutter while tryna pickup conversations grin

70% of the gurlz have dated actually came to me or showed signs...
The rest am still wondering how i got the nerves to approach...

Its not funny at all grin

Only on Social network I have asked a girl out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.