Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (669506 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (301) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:53am On Sep 08, 2016
#PublicSpeakingforIntrovertsFact Do you know that most public speakers especially extrovert take hard substances, some tremadol and alcohol prior to delivering a presentation?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:55am On Sep 08, 2016
Olarewajub:
Introvert Challenge 2
Share a Story

In this challenge, all the introverts in the lounge are expected to share a deep personal story of themselves with people around them via an online platform and physically. Don’t panic yet, Click on the links below on how to go about sharing your story as an introvert and its importance.

www.thestorytellingnonprofit.com/blog/the-power-of-sharing-a-personal-story/

www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2016/03/08/12-challenges-introverted-leaders-face-and-how-to-overcome-them/#2fbd1df640c2

www.huffingtonpost.com/diana-m-raab/the-power-of-personal-sto_b_1187170.html

www.co-intelligence.org/PowerOfStoryLong.html

www.4ggl.org/the-power-of-sharing-your-own-story/

www.boeason.com/

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F09ZQiytlkU&itct=CBYQpDAYACITCN6x9oyHyc4CFQoPHAodfU8HqlIsaW50cm92ZXJ0IHdheSBvZiBjaGFuZ2luZyB0aGUgd29ybGQgdGVkIHRhbGs%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google

If you’re sharing your story via an online platform be it Nairaland, Facebook, Instagram, etc. You are expected to share the web link of your story with us so that other people can get to read your story which can be multiple or single.
You have the option of sharing the story you’ve communicated physically with the lounge. The inclusion of the offline story sharing is to make the challenge difficult and more beneficial but it is advisable to do any of the task that seems easy to you first. This implies everybody is expected to share a minimum of two (one e-story and one physical) stories
If you have any question, you are free to ask and Goodluck.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2016
I actually have a personal story to share, i believe every other person does and the story still goes on b'cos its about what i've experienced and what i'm currently going through BUT i backed out of sharing my personal story b'cos some people( Just 2 or 3 though) have used such against me, i tend to be pensive at maybe 65% of my time and these people fail to realize that... You talking to someone about something serious, you think he's listening and will always back you up in times of need/danger but later on, what do you get?, Backstabbing and a whole lot of other bullsh!t, that really pisses me off b'cos i value loyalty, knowing that even if we get to quarrel like friends normally do, you wont use it as an opportunity to spill out everything i've told you in secret as a close friend and blood. What i'm saying in essence is that if people offline use your experiences to later taunt/hunt/threaten you, then i feel those online will be worse and Nairaland is definitely not the best place to share such stories except its all fiction.. Believe me guys, i know what i'm saying, if you doubt me, wait till the next Mr NL competition and see how best friends suddenly turn to Most hated enemies .... At least i found one who kinda sees things the way i do to an extent, he's introverted also and i value him for that Cc Milonis.... My advice is that even if you share your stories, make sure you dont share one that someone will later use to hurt you real bad b'cos they're watching from the shadows.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AmuEwu: 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
It feels good to know they're so much people like me.

Right now I'm working on been able to speak in public, I have two presentations next week (I deliberately put myself in that position ).

One thing I'll really love is to have the courage to ask a girl out

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:
I actually have a personal story to share, i believe every other person does and the story still goes on b'cos its about what i've experienced and what i'm currently going through BUT i backed out of sharing my personal story b'cos some people( Just 2 or 3 though) have used such against me, i tend to be pensive at maybe 65% of my time and these people fail to realize that... You talking to someone about something serious, you think he's listening and will always back you up in times of need/danger but later on, what do you get?, Backstabbing and a whole lot of other bullsh!t, that really pisses me off b'cos i value loyalty, knowing that even if we get to quarrel like friends normally do, you wont use it as an opportunity to spill out everything i've told you in secret as a close friend and blood. What i'm saying in essence is that if people offline use your experiences to later taunt/hunt/threaten you, then i feel those online will be worse and Nairaland is definitely not the best place to share such stories except its all fiction.. Believe me guys, i know what i'm saying, if you doubt me, wait till the next Mr NL competition and see how best friends suddenly turn to Most hated enemies .... At least i found one who kinda sees things the way i do to an extent, he's introverted also and i value him for that Cc Milonis.... My advice is that even if you share your stories, make sure you dont share one that someone will later use to hurt you real bad b'cos they're watching from the shadows.
you are very right bruh, I actually thought of sharing a very personal story here but I can't bear having someone use that as a leverage to make my online personality miserable embarassed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
One question. Did you go through those links? @ GloryIsaac
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:47am On Sep 10, 2016
Hmm yes o, do you know up till date (despite my age and exposure). still find that a pretty difficult thing to do ?bit few ladies come my way by the virtues of my magnanimity and educational excellence ,then I try to get close.But no lady is ever border around me, I have the words ....can fix you up to an ecstatic level. BUT THE TROUBLE IS IN THE IGNITION (according to R Kelly.
AmuEwu:
It feels good to know they're so much people like me.

Right now I'm working on been able to speak in public, I have two presentations next week (I deliberately put myself in that position ).

One thing I'll really love is to have the courage to ask a girl out

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:50am On Sep 10, 2016
No sir, don't say that you never can say the length of the help your lil post can go I'm. The life of some one.we are on a forum na, and kinda imaginary tòo, bit it just calls for maturity and caution .Pls share anything that can help a brother. Some one needs a help ,a post can do such we all learn from one another you know. ...
JUSTbuchi:
you are very right bruh, I actually thought of sharing a very personal story here but I can't bear having someone use that as a leverage to make my online personality miserable embarassed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:54am On Sep 10, 2016
So so true brother, buy one has to gradually grow out as you grow old, you will need some quite sociable persons as friends, mix up at times and be ready to open up.public speaking will do. You well undecided
Crixie:
Never knew there was a place like on Nairaland ...I think the biggest issue faced is being tagged a snob or pompous/proud.People dont understand that you ain't a snob...small talks ain't just your thing
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 4:08am On Sep 10, 2016
As a lady in a union introversion can be a very dangerous thing ma'am, trust me I have been there many times .....have had to cope up with 'madam' (who is also another perfect intro just like her hussy)the thing no easy o, had to go dumb lots of times.... (if you know what I mean been with your spouse )(don't wanna come up with some cracked details ....)if you don't mind pm me..we talk some more about this.most here on this section might not be in a union so don't wanna talk about certain things. ...but in all you gave to grow out of that she'll else hussy will never be fully happy deep inside. You might even give him HBP silently and you will never know ....and if he is not the God fearing type, sorry ma'am, Na outside things be that o!! (If you get what I mean)

Castorinho:
Hi everyone. For me introversion has been something you hide. I have been trying to be someone else and putting on an act for YEARS!!!! Then when I'm alone I think too much and wallow in depression.

It has slowly affected my relationship with my husband and my confidence, so I have resolved to change from an introvert who pretends to be extroverted and happy to a confident introvert who is happy with who she is.

I hope to form a new network and make like-minded acquaintances here - God bless you all!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 4:17am On Sep 10, 2016
Try joining a social group like Rotary Club, it will do you well.i did while in school and trust me, it went well (for like 50%).iI became a better and social talker gradually.
JUSTbuchi:
Finally here cheesy

It hurts being an Introvert seriously embarassed, got to the university and ah thought I would be able to make a great deal of friends to move out and rap with, hell no!!it's not been possible, and I don't need to say that am tayad of peeps calling me a snob or some "ajebutter" cos they've failed to understand that it's just me!! Even at times that I try to rap with people outside, there's this thing inside of me that draws me back. And it's really affecting the kinda relationship I have with girls, the kinda relationship that doesn't last coz most of them consider me as a buzzkiller, my dad doesn't like me that much cos he thinks I keep things too much to my self and I don't really rap well with him......I can really trade anything to change this part of me I hate so much!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 4:23am On Sep 10, 2016
You have to, you must begun to fit into the society now, let the school pass through you a bit boy. Won't pike you to regret some actions after school, you must cherish this phase of yours while in school, if you do not, you might not wanna love that all through ..the major memories of my school days I relate to is that of my lil exposure with Rotary Club.
JUSTbuchi 1post=49074898:
hmmmm......that's a huge one though, thanks!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Crixie(m): 6:05am On Sep 10, 2016
gidjah:
So so true brother, buy one has to gradually grow out as you grow old, you will need some quite sociable persons as friends, mix up at times and be ready to open up.public speaking will do. You well undecided
Morning Bro,I aimed to outline a perception/a stereotype associated with introversion,not that I have that problem.Many introverts will continue to be termed snobbish no matter what they do.This is because they can be great friends and great listeners,they contribute intelligently to a conversation when they discuss but when they don't feel like talking.....they won't! And if you ask me,i would say that this particular trait doesn't need a "growing out" from.It's wonderful not to talk all the time or contribute to every topic,Sometimes we all need to lay back and just "recharge"
Finally I believe that on the journey to self realisation and success we all should seek to be the best version of who/what we are than trying to change ourselves from who we really are!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and Barka da sallah to our Moslem bros and Sis'
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2016
Peachess:

I'm gradually overcoming shyness (thanks to the tips online) and I know shyness has nothing to do with introversion. I really love your tips maybe I'll contest for the SUG President when we resume (lol, I'm joking)

Lol. Actually you could contest grin. And it won't matter if you don't win but you would have gained loads addressing crowds and building communication skills. I'm glad you've been learning and improving.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hmm so so transient and yet true. Have a great holiday too.
Crixie:

Morning Bro,I aimed to outline a perception/a stereotype associated with introversion,not that I have that problem.Many introverts will continue to be termed snobbish no matter what they do.This is because they can be great friends and great listeners,they contribute intelligently to a conversation when they discuss but when they don't feel like talking.....they won't! And if you ask me,i would say that this particular trait doesn't need a "growing out" from.It's wonderful not to talk all the time or contribute to every topic,Sometimes we all need to lay back and just "recharge"
Finally I believe that on the journey to self realisation and success we all should seek to be the best version of who/what we are than trying to change ourselves from who we really are!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and Barka da sallah to our Moslem bros and Sis'
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AmuEwu: 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
gidjah:
Hmm yes o, do you know up till date (despite my age and exposure). still find that a pretty difficult thing to do ?bit few ladies come my way by the virtues of my magnanimity and educational excellence ,then I try to get close.But no lady is ever border around me, I have the words ....can fix you up to an ecstatic level. BUT THE TROUBLE IS IN THE IGNITION (according to R Kelly.

Yeah I find it difficult to ask a girl out. Funny I have female friends who would always ask me of who I was dating. When I tell them I'm single, they usually don't believe. Some of them have tried to hook me up with their friends, but I don't really push for it (if I'm good for your friends, why don't you let me date you ).

I'm trying to be free with the ladies. There's this strategy I want to employ. I want to talk to a number of new girls a week, even if it's just asking them directions for a place I already know.

I have the feeling that would improve my confidence when I meet the ones I do know and like

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AmuEwu: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
Olarewajub:
#PublicSpeakingforIntrovertsFact Do you know that most public speakers especially extrovert take hard substances, some tremadol and alcohol prior to delivering a presentation?

To me it's easier giving a public speech than making small talks. I have two presentations next week and at least one more the following week (I put myself I that position ). It's not that I don't feel nervous, I do especially when I'm just starting. But doing presentations, I feel like I'm doing business. But small talks on the other way is something else

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TheExclusive: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
AmuEwu:

To me it's easier giving a public speech than making small talks. I have two presentations next week and at least one more the following week (I put myself I that position ). It's not that I don't feel nervous, I do especially when I'm just starting. But doing presentations, I feel like I'm doing business. But small talks on the other way is something else

I agree with you on this one. Giving a public speech is something I can do anytime anyday and deliver perfectly bt when it comes to small talks, I loose my steam especially amidst the females. Not that i'm shy bt just that i'm used to relating more with my guys.

I recently went for an interview that was first preceded by a group discussion. Later I observed that I flowed well all thru the interview and group discussion , spoke and chatted confidently, bt when i returned to the conference room where there were other guys and female folks, I suddenly went blank, saying very little.

Bt one thing I 've learnt is that whenever I'm in a situation where I feel cold n blank, I start to imagine previous small talks or events I had that I really enjoyed and try to place myself in that mood, and that helped to put me in the mood to talk. I really hope we can try it sometime. It works tho i'm still learning and trying to put it into use in my work place.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
To me, this thing called introversion is like a vale around me and I try to cast it off. I hardly look at people's face and that has worsen my relationship with people in the sense that people that I have related with or met before, I might not be able to recognize them when next we meet cause I didn't take time to look at the face.
The only time I have been able to cast off this vail was during my service NYSC. Since nobody knew me prior to the orientation, I was free somehow in the camp and even after the camp. I was also the CLO during the service year. But immediately I got back home or I met people who knew me, I just retract into my shell like a snail.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 12, 2016
Olarewajub:
One question. Did you go through those links? @ GloryIsaac

Yes, I went through each one of them but I only spoke my mind based on past experience..... others can share theirs though, I don't have an issue with that smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:58am On Sep 12, 2016
This moniker though @Amuewu grin; D cracked me up big time!... Kindly tell us the meaning of your name cheesy cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Girl360(f): 9:06am On Sep 12, 2016
Ameboperoo:
To me, this thing called introversion is like a vale around me and I try to cast it off. I hardly look at people's face and that has worsen my relationship with people in the sense that people that I have related with or met before, I might not be able to recognize them when next we meet cause I didn't take time to look at the face.
The only time I have been able to cast off this vail was during my service NYSC. Since nobody knew me prior to the orientation, I was free somehow in the camp and even after the camp. I was also the CLO during the service year. But immediately I got back home or I met people who knew me, I just retract into my shell like a snail.

This is my problem...

I just find it hard remembering people I've met...

I start conversations with easily with strangers and make friends easily, but I hardly keep them...

I'm not afraid of public speaking and all that stage fright ish

My problem is I just can't register people's faces

I might have met you somewhere and might had a nice conversation with you and all that, but the next time I meet you, there'll be barely a chance I'll recognise you or remember whatever it is we talked about
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Zetra(m): 9:57am On Sep 12, 2016
INTJ
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AmuEwu: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
GloryIsaac:
This moniker though @Amuewu grin; D cracked me up big time!... Kindly tell us the meaning of your name cheesy cheesy

My ex gave me that name, she said it means armour of God grin grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AdeolaFalilat(f): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2016
I don't have any problem being an introvert but it's like my introversion is getting worse as I get older.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Zetra(m): 11:15am On Sep 13, 2016
Crixie:

'

so true,
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:25am On Sep 14, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Yes, I went through each one of them but I only spoke my mind based on past experience..... others can share theirs though, I don't have an issue with that smiley

Okay i see. watch out for other challenge,
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:27am On Sep 14, 2016
Sharing a story is not you telling us about your life history or family background. Alot of us have not attempted the challenge becpause we lack the basic understanding about what the challenge is all about. Every great and successful man on earth has an inspirational story to share and i believe Introverts are great people.

Sharing a story can be how you were able to pull through a difficult challenge which is still being faced by many people in our society or how you where able to overcome an addiction, etc. One of my favorite Youtube channel is Ted Talk and they have a theme which says "Ideals worth sharing". Your little or perceived irrelevant story can make a difference in someones life. I've come to discover sharing a story is an important element of public speaking. You can have a great material for a presentation let say "How to graduate with first class". Your presentation will make more impact if you actually graduated with a first class and actually telling stories of your school life than just come out to read points you probably pulled from the net.

Please if you ain't comfortable with this challenge, kindly wait till another challenge is posted. As for me, i must do this challenge even though it takes me 3months.

Notice: Please do not attempt this challenge if you haven't gone through the links provided and watched that youtube video on the link. It is not compulsory to share your story on Nairaland. There are other platform you can use to share your story.

Modification: For privacy reasons, you might decide not to share links or narrate your story to us. But after sharing your story, do well to inform the Lounge so you can tell us about your experience.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
Olarewajub:

Okay i see. watch out for other challenge,

No problem bro, looking forward to it smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HomeTutor1(f): 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Goodafternoon to you all. You can put your children in my trust for a standard home lesson on mathematics, Physics and further mathematics for primary, secondary and SSCE level in Lagos. My phone number is 07089340542
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by makkosky(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2016
Get wisdom for money management, intimacy, parenting&sex. Attend #SingleandmarriedConf pic.twitter.com/7knXJPKyOi

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (301) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.