Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (639904 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sophiaabba(f): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Olarewajub:

Typical Introvert response.
Enjoy yourself. You deserve it.

lol. tnx
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Crixie(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2016
Never knew there was a place like on Nairaland ...I think the biggest issue faced is being tagged a snob or pompous/proud.People dont understand that you ain't a snob...small talks ain't just your thing

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hello all,

I trust we all have been well. I've not been here for some time and anytime that happens, I read every single page I've missed. I just did. grin

I've noticed many of us still find some things mixed up and it's barely our faults because the extrovert-saturated world we live in confuse us and sell us that idea that we're weird when in fact, we're a unique and awesome bunch.

Anyway, there's this short but interesting read a friend shared with me last week.

http://verilymag.com/2016/08/introverts-quiet-extroverts-fomo-confidence

...and you'll love that FOMO term.

I really encourage everyone to try the Introvert Challenges by @Olarewajub.

I've been using "the power of sharing personal stories" for about half a decade now and I can tell you it's awesome. It helps you to redefine your shell, make others feel more comfortable around your quietness and has this awesome effect of making you less hard on yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Peachess(f): 2:18am On Aug 31, 2016
gidjah:
Hmmmmm bored out? That's my middle name dear. Shoot your shots.
Oh, I see. You can PM me if you wanna...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Castorinho: 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hi everyone. For me introversion has been something you hide so I have resolved to change from an introvert who pretends to be extroverted to a confident introvert who is happy with who she is.

I hope to form a new network and make like-minded acquaintances here - God bless you all!

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
Castorinho, you are very much welcome and your resolution is quite good and necessary. Sometimes too much discussion lead to depression especially with the obvious extroverts.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by BARAJ92(m): 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
I have jumped from page 1 to this page, hopefully in the next few days, I read up the remaining page. I wonder how people maintain long conversion about issues, I could stay inside my room for over a week without stepping outside my house which people around thinks am odd. It is hard keeping your thought to yourself. I am usually the first to communicate with any strange coming in to my room or group but at the end of a week, we might not even chat or talk again. During my youth service, my close pals were those from other tribes living in the same lodge with me. the lodge was predominantly my tribe so they find it easier to communicate with me in which they Will dominate the conversation. Currently am in search of a job but must jobs are asking for communication skills.
I find it easier to communicate online than offline.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by BARAJ92(m): 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
SugaryBelle:
I'm an introvert,growing up was kinda tough i didnt have childhood friends,my shyness was times 2 and I missed alot of oppotunities as a result of that,i'll run into the house at the sound of any visitor,I didn't have friends too,I used to feel girls in my hood didn't like me,I guess they thought I was a proud snub and I couldn't make friends with boys either(not that I wanted to) but as i grew older I decided to change and I've quite succeded,I'm no longer shy,I strike up conversations with strangers,i'm a good conversationalist and i'm realy friendly with people.The only part of me that I can't change is my inability to make/keep friends, I have very few friends from school some which is mostly based on us being classmates,I've been steady at home for like four months and i've not gone out to visit anyone cos there's no one to visit,infact i'm not even sure i'lld visit if there had been someone,i'm not into that,except in very special cases.My outings are only to the market and church ,anytime people see me they ask 'when did you return?' haha....
This seems more like me, the only different is that I can't fathom what to say after the first conversation. so I prefer to associate with my dad friends living around, also I create old friend groups online to keep in touch but the groups are always dry. I don't even have any Friend on our street

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
BARAJ92:
This seems more like me, the only different is that I can't fathom what to say after the first conversation. so I prefer to associate with my dad friends living around, also I create old friend groups online to keep in touch but the groups are always dry. I don't even have any Friend on our street
You should try to improve on that because everyone needs friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by BARAJ92(m): 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
SugaryBelle:

You should try to improve on that because everyone needs friends.
I know that fact, that is why I still keep in touch with some of my old course mate. Also on my street have some guys that I keep in touch with when am around

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 01, 2016
Wow, its been sometime smiley

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2016
BARAJ92:

I know that fact, that is why I still keep in touch with some of my old course mate. Also on my street have some guys that I keep in touch with when am around
That's nice, keep it up...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by NEYO84: 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
I need good friends
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Castorinho: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Castorinho: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
NEYO84:
I need good friends

What traits do u look for in a friend?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Roozzaay(m): 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hmmmm, introvert introvert, being an introspective person has caused me a lot, cry but changing who i am aint part of my plan. wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by NEYO84: 7:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
[quotAe author=Castorinho post=9017499]
Am Simple and Straightforward.. I want same in a friend
What traits/qualities do u look for in a friend?

I would like straightforward person with a good sense of humor as a friend...[/quote]
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 3:01am On Sep 03, 2016
Roozzaay:
Hmmmm, introvert introvert, being an introspective person has caused me a lot, cry but changing who i am aint part of my plan. wink
Man, you don't need to change, you can only do some little modification where or when necessary.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Roozzaay(m): 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
Akposb:

Man, you don't need to change, you can only do some little modification where or when necessary.

Got you man
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:46am On Sep 04, 2016
I became an introvert when I found out I had a big dick.

RUBBISH. Yall need psychologists, introverts have slimmer chances of making it in life...just saying.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Crixie(m): 6:14am On Sep 04, 2016
lolz... Forbes list of richest people has more introverts than extroverts ...just saying

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 8:22am On Sep 04, 2016
Wingback:
I became an introvert when I found out I had a big dick.

RUBBISH. Yall need psychologists, introverts have slimmer chances of making it in life...just saying.

grin Well-informed man... Oya, clap for yourself, guru.

First, don't make Dr. Carl Jung wake up from his grave only to shout "LOL."

Secondly, don't make the higher percentage of Silicon Valley CEO's pause their jobs only to give you that shocking look asking, "where are you from?"

While sarcasm seems the only logical reply I could use, seriously, you are very very incorrect. I'll love it if you can go online and read about introversion. People have always judged introverts wrongly (hence we hardly take offence) but it'll do you more good to be informed. It's the 21st century, init?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by smileyprin(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Peachess:
[b] Phew! Finally (I've been trying join you guys but I always stop immediately I start writing), I don't even know where to start from. I'm a very shy person. I'm always indoors but most times I wanna go out and talk to people and have fun. Each time I try to go out it's like something keeps pulling me back. Most places I go to people wanna get close to me but I avoid them cos I'm extremely shy and I end up being tagged a snob and proud person too.
Most times when people talk I have Ideas on what they are discussing and I really wanna join them but I don't always have the courage to join them. Before I used to dread talking to the opposite sex and most people use to to mistake it for 'forming'. I used to be very nervous, start stuttering and sometimes make grammatical blunders (lol). Now I still feel nervous when around them but not like before.
Every times I tell myself I want to change and start talking to anyone even if they don't talk first but each time I try, I can't do it for more than two days I'll go back to my normal self. I read meaning to every action people take and it turns out right and sometimes wrong. I cant make friends easily because I don't trust and I'm not free with people but when I do, I trust too much and become too free with them. My friends call me crazy and sometimes ask me why am different outside but I always don't have answers cos it puzzles me to.
I just wanna be outspoken, I'm a lot different on the internet still reserved but I talk to almost everyone. Is there any way I can get out of being an extreme introvert? Or any tip to help me out of my shy nature? [/b]
u

I've been just exactly like you described, but recently I've been able to be confident in the midst of people.
1- Join conversation that you're sure you're knowledgeable on.
2- Speak to strangers you see are good listeners and patient
3- Sometimes I just challenge myself to speak to that one person I've been in awe of just to break that fear.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
Finally here cheesy

It hurts being an Introvert seriously embarassed, got to the university and ah thought I would be able to make a great deal of friends to move out and rap with, hell no!!it's not been possible, and I don't need to say that am tayad of peeps calling me a snob or some "ajebutter" cos they've failed to understand that it's just me!! Even at times that I try to rap with people outside, there's this thing inside of me that draws me back. And it's really affecting the kinda relationship I have with girls, the kinda relationship that doesn't last coz most of them consider me as a buzzkiller, my dad doesn't like me that much cos he thinks I keep things too much to my self and I don't really rap well with him......I can really trade anything to change this part of me I hate so much!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TheExclusive: 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
Finally here cheesy

It hurts being an Introvert seriously embarassed, got to the university and ah thought I would be able to make a great deal of friends to move out and rap with, hell no!!it's not been possible, and I don't need to say that am tayad of peeps calling me a snob of some "ajebutter" cos they've failed to understand that it's just me!! Even at times that I try to rap with people outside, there's this thing inside of me that draws me back. And it's really affecting the kinda relationship I have with girls, the kinda relationship that doesn't last coz most of them consider me as a buzzkiller, my dad doesn't like me that much cos he thinks I keep things too much to my self and I don't really rap well with him......I can really trade anything to change this part of me I hate so much!!

Start getting a lttle involved in social activities, uni associations n take up leadership positions in sch. It wont be easy initially bt might help.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
TheExclusive:

Start getting a lttle involved in social activities, uni associations n take up leadership positions in sch. It wont be easy initially bt might help.
hmmmm......that's a huge one though, thanks!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TheExclusive: 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
hmmmm......that's a huge one though, thanks!
U Welcome.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Twinkle62(f): 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
God help us all! I need friends
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
Peachess:
... Is there any way I can get out of being an extreme introvert? Or any tip to help me out of my shy nature?

JUSTbuchi:
Finally here cheesy

It hurts being an Introvert seriously ... . I can really trade anything to change this part of me I hate so much!!

Introversion is a personality. And although it's not a stand-alone concept (since no one is exactly completely introverted in the real sense of it according to Carl Jung's Introversion-Extroversion continuum theory), when it is extreme, it can make people easily misrepresent the idea.

Having pointed that out, you can effectively manage other areas of your life by gaining (or learning) social skills such as public speaking, science of persuasion and influence, making friends and interpersonal skills. You'll still be an introvert but you'll have fewer issues with people and love yourself more.

Shyness for example has little to do with introversion. Some extroverts can be shy, trust me. It's just common with introverts but you can overcome it through practice and mind-conditioning. Simply gradually do things you'd ordinarily be uncomfortable with.

I, for example, managed shyness years ago with leadership (forced to be class captain in SS1-3 & eventually a prefect) and group participation (Religious activities). Yours can be something else; you don't have to force yourself to contest for the PRO post in your School society grin but you can read helpful books and practice what you learn one by one.

An example of the weirdest things I ever did was to sometimes look into the eyes of someone in a public place. Maybe in a large hall in Uni and there is this opposite sex that stands out elegantly...stare at him/her and let them see you doing it then stop after some time. Stand in an elevator and face every other person. Ask questions in class; stop for a minute and chat with that colleague...
Although your heart will pound heavily and you'll sweat profusely or get panic attacks (still happens to me sometimes *covers face*), you'll gradually evolve. Mind you, you'll still crave being alone and all that introvert stuff but you'll have useful social skills anyway. And please always relate with like-minded people who will love you for you and not make you feel less human for being an introvert.

@Olarewajub posts challenges here too and they can be very helpful.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Peachess(f): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
smileyprin:
u

I've been just exactly like you described, but recently I've been able to be confident in the midst of people.
1- Join conversation that you're sure you're knowledgeable on.
2- Speak to strangers you see are good listeners and patient
3- Sometimes I just challenge myself to speak to that one person I've been in awe of just to break that fear.
Wow, it's really nice seeing people just like me. Good thing you now confident in the midst of people. Well, so far so good..I'm improving.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Peachess(f): 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
DonOms:

Introversion is a personality. And although it's not a stand-alone concept (since no one is exactly completely introverted in the real sense of it according to Carl Jung's Introversion-Extroversion continuum theory), when it is extreme, it can make people easily misrepresent the idea.

Having pointed that out, you can effectively manage other areas of your life by gaining (or learning) social skills such as public speaking, science of persuasion and influence, making friends and interpersonal skills. You'll still be an introvert but you'll have fewer issues with people and love yourself more.

Shyness for example has little to do with introversion. Some extroverts can be shy, trust me. It's just common with introverts but you can overcome it through practice and mind-conditioning. Simply gradually do things you'd ordinarily be uncomfortable with.

I, for example, managed shyness years ago with leadership (forced to be class captain in SS1-3 & eventually a prefect) and group participation (Religious activities). Yours can be something else; you don't have to force yourself to contest for the PRO post in your School society grin but you can read helpful books and practice what you learn one by one.

An example of the weirdest things I ever did was to sometimes look into the eyes of someone in a public place. Maybe in a large hall in Uni and there is this opposite sex that stands out elegantly...stare at him/her and let them see you doing it then stop after some time. Stand in an elevator and face every other person. Ask questions in class; stop for a minute and chat with that colleague...
Although your heart will pound heavily and you'll sweat profusely or get panic attacks (still happens to me sometimes *covers face*), you'll gradually evolve. Mind you, you'll still crave being alone and all that introvert stuff but you'll have useful social skills anyway. And please always relate with like-minded people who will love you for you and not make you feel less human for being an introvert.

@Olarewajub posts challenges here too and they can be very helpful.
I'm gradually overcoming shyness (thanks to the tips online) and I know shyness has nothing to do with introversion. I really love your tips maybe I'll contest for the SUG President when we resume (lol, I'm joking)

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:49am On Sep 08, 2016
#PublicSpeakingforIntroverts One of the most important thing to do while speaking publicly is to speak as slow as you can. Sometimes you need to pause things for some few seconds.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.